Abused Wife laces cheating husband's cake with rat poison

My first husband beat me horribly. I left him with a six month old child. At the time, I had no education, no driver's license, no money, no hope and I was still a teenager. However, I wasn't going to stay there and let him take his frustrations out on me. If she had killed him during the course of a fight where her life was in danger, more power to her. However, if she had the ability to get out, then I don't agree with what she did.

Jeana, i had no idea. (((hugs)))

i agree with what you say about this case.

She should have not stayed. Period. She had the guts to divorce him and yet she still stayed with him. She worked outside the home and had "friends" ...yeah she could have left.

Sounds like they are both messed up in the head.

She should have not stayed. Period. She had the guts to divorce him and yet she still stayed with him. She worked outside the home and had "friends" ...yeah she could have left.

Sounds like they are both messed up in the head.

In a year or so i'd bet the farm (anyone's farm — i don't have one) there will be a story of them getting back together.

and the band played on . . . :rolleyes:

He shouldn't have abused her for 30 years either.:rolleyes:
Imo he got what he deserved.

Hey Paladin,
Who twisted your knickers today? :cool:

Co-workers. Please don't take it personally.

But saying this guy got what he deserved is silly, as silly as me saying maybe the wife got beat because she deserved it.

WHY would she want to stop him from leaving the house? I'd drive the freaking car. Get rid of the bum.:doh::doh:
I would have sold my soul to the devil to have my abusive ex just go away, have an affair, get out of my life.....That doesn't make a dang bit of sense...her not wanting him to leave the house :confused::confused: I finally got up the courage to leave...but spent years looking over my shoulder. I think that battered wife syndrome is a bunch of crap!! There's no excuse for killing a person..there are options.

I don't agree at all. Why didn't she LEAVE????? The woman should have packed up and left. I wouldn't risk one day in jail for a man who abused me.

Amen sister!!!:clap:

I would have sold my soul to the devil to have my abusive ex just go away, have an affair, get out of my life.....That doesn't make a dang bit of sense...her not wanting him to leave the house :confused::confused: I finally got up the courage to leave...but spent years looking over my shoulder. I think that battered wife syndrome is a bunch of crap!! There's no excuse for killing a person..there are options.

Aman sister!!!:clap:

If this woman stayed for 30 years, there was a reason.

Co-workers. Please don't take it personally.

But saying this guy got what he deserved is silly, as silly as me saying maybe the wife got beat because she deserved it.

medium-smiley-012.gif

Paladin,
I'm serious when I say he got what he deserved.

In a year or so i'd bet the farm (anyone's farm — i don't have one) there will be a story of them getting back together.

and the band played on . . . :rolleyes:
I can't bet you a farm either...I lost mine in the divorce. I think they deserve each other after reading the story. Geeze....what freaking nutters they both are.:bang:

I don't agree at all. Why didn't she LEAVE????? The woman should have packed up and left. I wouldn't risk one day in jail for a man who abused me.

I disagree, she had cancer and was in no shape physically or mentally to have the strength to leave the jerk.

There are a lot of dynamics to abuse that people who have never been there just don't understand.

Do I think she was right in handling it that way?? NO.
:blowkiss:

I disagree, she had cancer and was in no shape physically or mentally to have the strength to leave the jerk.

There are a lot of dynamics to abuse that people who have never been there just don't understand.

She didn't have cancer for 30 years.

He shouldn't have abused her for 30 years either.:rolleyes:
Imo he got what he deserved.

Hey Paladin,
Who twisted your knickers today? :cool:

he may have got what he deserved ...
but she could also have just used the affair as even MORE grounds for a divorce. between the affair and the abuse, she'd be rolling in money (assuming he has any) and would definitely get the upper hand in any divorce proceedings, rather than looking at the possibility of jail.

plus this makes me nervous, as this can be used in all types of cases by crazy lawyers and crazy judges as a precedent.

My first husband beat me horribly. I left him with a six month old child. At the time, I had no education, no driver's license, no money, no hope and I was still a teenager. However, I wasn't going to stay there and let him take his frustrations out on me. If she had killed him during the course of a fight where her life was in danger, more power to her. However, if she had the ability to get out, then I don't agree with what she did.

Every abusive situation has a different dynamic and involves very different types of people. Some strong ones can get out - some can't. I'm glad you were able to get out. Unfortunately, not everyone is as strong or capable.

How good of a cook do you think someone is if you can't taste rat poison in it? Must have been pretty icky.

Well, Glitch, it was fruitcake, after all. Is fruitcake ever good? If someone tried to poison me with fruitcake, their mission would be unsuccessful. I don't even eat it to be polite. Use it for a doorstop, maybe.

Eve

It affects everyone differently, after years of it, you are conditoned. All depends on your background too, I believe. Some woman dont' feel they are worthy of anything better.

Every abusive situation has a different dynamic and involves very different types of people. Some strong ones can get out - some can't. I'm glad you were able to get out. Unfortunately, not everyone is as strong or capable.

I don't believe that. Anyone that can put up with abuse is strong enough to leave it.

It affects everyone differently, after years of it, you are conditoned. All depends on your background too, I believe. Some woman dont' feel they are worthy of anything better.

Maybe they aren't then. But don't go tryin to poison the guy who loves you to death.

Well, Glitch, it was fruitcake, after all. Is fruitcake ever good? If someone tried to poison me with fruitcake, their mission would be unsuccessful. I don't even eat it to be polite. Use it for a doorstop, maybe.

Eve

As many people as "regift" fruitcake - it would be a dangerous thing to poison! You'd be waiting for evil Mister to drop dead and all of a sudden you get a call that great aunt Bertha in Honolulu dropped dead from poisoned fruitcake. Ooops!

if she is so weak she can not live without him how can she kill him?

she had the strength to leave him. she returned then plotted his murder. she sounds like a woman of uncommon strength to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
E.Layne
Back