Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were they shot in the chest first and then shot in the head? Were they shot standing up? I can't wait to find out logistics because I think that's important.

Anyway, my main problem with this is figuring out how the shooters (2-shooter theory) worked out that they were going to shoot them at the same time. That takes communication between the two shooters OR advanced planning. Maybe they were shot in the chest first to stop them.

I was really hoping that kids would be talking by now if it were local young kids that did this.

While it is possible the local could be the connection, the shooters, imo, are not local and were probably delivering drugs or worse. I think they need to go back to the scene and start scouring for another body to make sure the girls did not witness a murder. It is common for gangbangers to take people out in the country to shoot them for snitching or other perceived issues. LE needs to rule this out by a complete search of the area between the bridge and where the girls were found plus in the water. They could find the weapons there, too.

The way these murders took place is not consistent with teenagers or wannabe gangbangers. This is the real deal and the shooters are experienced. Gangs in Tulsa rival those you find in LA because a lot of their leaders came from LA to "cool off". They do not think twice about putting a bullet in anyone and it is proven constantly here. They will drop you where you stand in broad daylight in public places with 200 people watching and no one better say a word against them...because your family will be dead before you can testify in court. I can show you many unsolved cases here to verify this is true.

Were they shot in the chest first and then shot in the head? Were they shot standing up? I can't wait to find out logistics because I think that's important.
My guess: chest first. Head once they were on the ground.

Having trained with guns, head shots are tough. It would be hard to hit a child in the head with a pistol, even at close range. Add in adrenaline, shooter and/or victim moving, chances of missing increase.

Anyway, my main problem with this is figuring out how the shooters (2-shooter theory) worked out that they were going to shoot them at the same time. That takes communication between the two shooters OR advanced planning. Maybe they were shot in the chest first to stop them.

All they would have to say is "I got that one, you take the other." Yes, that would indicate pre-meditation.

I was really hoping that kids would be talking by now if it were local young kids that did this.
They may be. The police and feds may be keeping a very, very tight lid on things.

One person can keep a secret.
Two people can keep a secret, if one of them is dead.

Someone will talk.

SS, It could be some serious "business people" from outside the area meeting up with a local the girls recognized. The final insurance shot to the head speaks of experience.

I want to know what local people suddenly took a trip and can't be located by LE to be interviewed.

"They said there was a high-powered weapon and a low-powered weapon,” Jimmy Farrow said. "One of the TV stations showed shell casings piled up in the road where it happened.”
http://www.newsok.com/article/3256335/

One high powered and one low powered makes me think they're referring to rifles. An assault rifle; then maybe a regular one.
I would guess it was locals that did it; if the girls saw people they didn't recognize they may have attempted to hide or use the cell phone they had on them. It had to have been someone they knew. Such a small remote area; everyone knows eachother.
I hope LE is drilling that pickup truck full of boys. If they were around the area, you'd think they'd have seen or heard something if they're not involved themselves. These kids with violent video games and movies, would learn execution style shooting directly from those outlets. It's the individual mindset that makes the killer.

Good point SuziQ. I don't think they'll find a body dumped there. They may very well have been dumping one but quickly had to scrap that idea when they shot the girls. An additional body would leave additional clues. I hope LE will look real close at any bodies that turn up now.

No one is going to talk no matter if there were ten of them. They witnessed an execution and they know they would be next. Information is not going to come from anyone involved or associates of those people, imo.

Excuse me if this sounds stupid, but I am not familiar with this area at all. Does anyone know if there is a violent gang problem around those parts? This sounds like a gang initiation to me.

WELEETKA, Okla. -- A source told Eyewitness News 5 Thursday that law enforcement officials are interviewing somebody who claims to have seen two slain girls moments before they were killed.
http://www.koco.com/news/16547383/detail.html

Great! If they saw the girls...chances are good they would have seen the shooters. Now they might be getting somewhere!! (LE better protect their identity at all cost, too.) There is no question as to why this information wasn't given to LE moments after the murders. The person witheld it for a good reason. Fear of retalitation would be my guess.

Excuse me if this sounds stupid, but I am not familiar with this area at all. Does anyone know if there is a violent gang problem around those parts? This sounds like a gang initiation to me.
The area is about 70 miles south of Tulsa and 90 miles east of OKC. Both cities are inundated with gang activity.

The only thing that sticks out about the "locals" theory is that they were shot in the head and chest. That sounds like a cartel-style execution to me.
I could have been a cartel-style by on of the locals who knows the girls family.

http://www.springfieldnewssun.com/n/content/shared-gen/ap/National/Girls_Killed.html

Here's a local "take" on Skyla and Taylor:

"The dirt roads, which Skyla and Taylor walked dozens of times for sleepovers, have changed, too, according to Farrow.

"It just went downhill out in the country," he said. "These roads ain't nothing but drunks and dopeheads on the weekends. Sometimes, you have to drive around them, they're passed out in the middle of the road."

Mosher said drugs may have played a role in the death of his niece and her friend.

"The girls might have walked up on some guys cooking dope," he said. "There's been more of that stuff going on here in the past two years."

A neighbor, Ross Padgett, said drugs and the criminal element are worse than ever.

"Marijuana, meth, coke, you name it," he said. "A number of the meth cookers are right over in this community. They are busting them so hard in the cities, they are going rural."

I'm bumping up this post for Auburn. We have what the locals call "the backroad" where I live. Nice place to walk or bike during the day. Scary at night because of the activity that goes on. Because of this case I'm rethinking the nice place during the day impression of my local road.

If it is a group (3-6) of locals who did a thrill kill, sooner or later one of them will talk. Looking at the local school district stats, 75% of the area earns $49,000 or less per year.

With the reward up to half a year's earnings, someone will talk, if it's local.

If it is a gang situation, which I personally think someone traveling more than an hour's drive from the two local hotbeds is a bit much to ask, maybe they won't talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaEvans52