Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3199834/

"Cooper's husband said he and his wife were having marital issues, but he wouldn't discuss them further."

Police say no one has reported seeing Cooper, 34, after a dinner party in the neighborhood that ended late Friday night (midnight)

"Meanwhile, investigators said they were also interviewing Nancy Cooper's family members and acquaintances to learn more about her life."

Was there too much wine or maybe a jealous rage ?
I have a suspicion the husband is involved in this.

Sunday's early articles mentioned Mrs. Cooper's children but not her husband. The below article says the husband was at home with the children. (Now my hinky meter is up.):confused:

If the quote about the husband is accurate, it is odd that LE would issue a statement that "he is not considered a suspect". As opposed to a looser comment like "We have no suspects at this time" or "We cannot rule out anyone/anything until we can establish if an actual crime has been committed." You know the "we don't want anyone to lawyer up speak."

I'll guess we will see at the PressC

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3199834/

"Cooper's husband said he and his wife were having marital issues, but he wouldn't discuss them further."

Police say no one has reported seeing Cooper, 34, after a dinner party in the neighborhood that ended late Friday night (midnight)

"Meanwhile, investigators said they were also interviewing Nancy Cooper's family members and acquaintances to learn more about her life."

Was there too much wine or maybe a jealous rage ?
I have a suspicion the husband is involved in this.

Well I hate to admit it, but for the hubby to "pre-emptively" admit that means there are skeletons in the closet we will learn about shortly. He would appear to be following the "if I bring it up first it will appear I have nothing to hide protocol."

After watching the vid and listening to Nancy's husband, I'm now on the fence. He's appropriately concerned, not too much, not too less. Usually there's a strange comment or something. I didn't pic up anything unusual. Anyone else?

I'm definitely suspicious and that was before learning about "marital issues". It's my interpretation of his voice on the Fox interview this morning. He sounded more nervous than concerned.

I don't know, I'm hesitant to suspect the guy because of nervousness. If my spouse were missing, I would be really nervous, too - nervous that I would learn something I never want to. But I am also pretty gullible.

Well I hate to admit it, but for the hubby to "pre-emptively" admit that means there are skeletons in the closet we will learn about shortly. He would appear to be following the "if I bring it up first it will appear I have nothing to hide protocol."

Sadly, those were my first thoughts as well. :(

I'm a walker and I always carry my cell phone and drivers license! I wouldn't go anywhere without either nowadays! You are brave!

I don't know, I'm hesitant to suspect the guy because of nervousness. If my spouse were missing, I would be really nervous, too - nervous that I would learn something I never want to. But I am also pretty gullible.

I'm not ready to convict him yet, BUT......

Who would want to abduct a woman out jogging in the early morning? Stranger abductions are so very rare, and at 6 am she wouldn't be the only one out walking or jogging in her neighborhood. What would be the motive for a stranger to do this? And then to learn there were "marital issues" :eek: just makes me very suspicious.

hummm I leaning towards the husband killing the wife Friday night after the get together. His claim to her jogging Sunday morning is a lie to cover his butt. IMO.

This sounds eerily like Lori Hacking. Her husband, Mark Hacking, said she went jogging and her car was even at the place where she was supposed to have started her jog if I remember right. Instead he had killed her and put her in a dumpster. It really seems strange that she carried no cell phone or no ID. He would be first on my suspect list.

I haven't watched the videos yet - but why would he state they were having marital difficulties? If she truly is missing and he had NOTHING to do with it - that statement is pointless.

If there was a block party the nite before, maybe he was hung over the next morning. Wife goes out to run, little ones wake him up, he's not happy...? I don't know if he's a drinker, but I'm thinking that the neighbors would have noticed if he seemed angry the night before. I'm thinking it's more likely he did something to her the next morning.
Just a former drinker's intuition I guess. We'll see.

Susan

I bet he killed her the night before - right after the party.

A woman goes on a early morning jog and simply disappears.
She is a seasoned runner and is preparing/practicing to run a marathon.
Her husband is the last person to see her alive.
Some 'items' were found in the park but didn't lead LE to her.

We have some savory characters who loaf around our parks on the weekends.
Makes me wonder if she ran into a drug deal....

ETA-Fox news this morning (Monday) reported that Nancy's ID, liscense and keys were at home.
She was also suppose to meet friends later that morning after her run.
I too saw the update on Fox News this morning. I never leave home without my cellphone & ID but everyone's different. I wonder if she had had the phone with her if it would've helped ~ and I'm sure hoping that this time the husband isn't the perpetrator. :(

Essica Adams, a friend of Cooper, reported her missing at 2:15 p.m. when she failed to show up for a visit, police said at a press conference Monday evening.

Brad Cooper told police his wife went out for a jog around 7 a.m. Saturday but did not return by 9 a.m. as planned.

When asked why Brad Cooper had not called police about his wife, Cary police Chief Bazemore said, "We don't know why the husband didn't report her missing."

Reply | Quote

Notice textbook police psychology.
The husband is cooperating....thanks :blowkiss:

Essica Adams, a friend of Cooper, reported her missing at 2:15 p.m. when she failed to show up for a visit, police said at a press conference Monday evening.

Brad Cooper told police his wife went out for a jog around 7 a.m. Saturday but did not return by 9 a.m. as planned.

When asked why Brad Cooper had not called police about his wife, Cary police Chief Bazemore said, "We don't know why the husband didn't report her missing."

Reply | Quote

*groans*
I am hoping he did not harm his wife.

I am also wondering why the friends rushed to assume she was missing just because she missed a meeting. I understand she was always on time and never stood anyone up but it seems not enough time passed for them to be worried unless she told them to worry if she did not show up....

*groans*
I am hoping he did not harm his wife.

I am also wondering why the friends rushed to assume she was missing just because she missed a meeting. I understand she was always on time and never stood anyone up but it seems not enough time passed for them to be worried unless she told them to worry if she did not show up....

Notice in the fox report, the father praised the friends for their efforts and never once mentioned Brad....more to come

(snip)
Police say Cooper's husband was the last person to see her Saturday morning, but do not consider him a suspect.
"We've been in constant communication with the husband since Saturday. And we're talking directly with him," Cary Police Chief Pat Bazemore said. "We have not named a person of interest or a suspect."
At a press conference Monday evening, Bazemore said Cooper's husband did not report her missing. He did not say why Brad Cooper didn't report his wife missing.
"She went out running, was going to help friend paint and didn't show up. A friend called 911 just before 3 p.m. to report her missing," Bazemore said. "The last person who actually saw her was Brad Cooper when she came home that night and first thing in the morning."
No word of the kids also saw her. The children have been with father, family and friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther