Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday's early articles mentioned Mrs. Cooper's children but not her husband. The below article says the husband was at home with the children. (Now my hinky meter is up.):confused:

Philamena, do you have a link to the story which mentions the husband? I can't find it. Thanks!

Susan

There's another thread on this one, started a day or so ago:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67338

What's happening in NC?

Salem

I'm sorry. I didn't see this. Mods, please merge.

ETA: On second thought the other thread was about all 3 NC women. Since there is no connection, and the other two were murdered apparently by each of their husbands or SOs, there is really no connection to this case. Therefore, it should stand on its own.

Their are actually 3-4 threads on this. Everyone needs to do a search before starting new threads and you need to contact the mods directly if make a request.

Their are actually 3-4 threads on this. Everyone needs to do a search before starting new threads and you need to contact the mods directly if make a request.

I did search and didn't find anything. Sorry. Mods do what is appropriate. However Nancy deserves her own thread, not to be lumped with the other murdered women in NC.

I did search and didn't find anything. Sorry. Mods do what is appropriate. However Nancy deserves her own thread, not to be lumped with the other murdered women in NC.

If you do a search under Nancy Cooper a list of three threads for Nancy pulls up. And she does have her own appropriate thread, started by mod Chicoliving, under the correct catagory of Missing/located.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1355092

You'd think she would at least take her cell phone, especially after what has happened in NC lately. I wish I had seen her husband on Fox.

I heard her husband interviewed, and I'm thinking he was home with two very young girls at 6 am, when the children were probably sleeping. Searchers have already scoured the immediate area of jogging trails and she has not been found. Stranger abductions are very rare. The husband's voice sounded very nervous to me. Yes, I'm suspicious.

Nancy Cooper

http://news14.com/content/headlines/...r/Default.aspx

Quote:
At 8 a.m. Sunday, friends, neighbors and authorities gathered to make a plan to find 34-year-old Nancy Cooper.

Quote:
"She doesn't just not show up," neighbor Diana Duncan said. "There's no way she would go two hours without knowing where her kids are and how they are."

http://www.charlotte.com/news/story/711809.html

Sunday's early articles mentioned Mrs. Cooper's children but not her husband. The below article says the husband was at home with the children. (Now my hinky meter is up.):confused:
Quote:
Duncan says she’s known Cooper since Cooper moved to Cary from Canada eight years ago. She said Cooper's husband Brad Cooper was at home with the couple's two young daughters, ages 4 and almost 2.

Quote:
"It's overwhelming. It's hard to get your head around. Unbelievable really," Cooper's friend Theresa O'Driscoll said. "She's a great person in the community. She's very outgoing, very athletic, very friendly, a lot of people know her, a lot of people have come out just because they recognize her picture."
Police say Cooper's husband was the last person to see her Saturday morning, but do not consider him a suspect.
Quote:

A ground and air search has turned up a few items, police won't specify what they are, but say none of them led them to Cooper. :confused:

A woman goes on a early morning jog and simply disappears.
She is a seasoned runner and is preparing/practicing to run a marathon.
Her husband is the last person to see her alive.
Some 'items' were found in the park but didn't lead LE to her.

We have some savory characters who loaf around our parks on the weekends.
Makes me wonder if she ran into a drug deal....

ETA-Fox news this morning (Monday) reported that Nancy's ID, liscense and keys were at home.
She was also suppose to meet friends later that morning after her run.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
missing-nancy-cooper-217x300.gif

I just do not believe her husband had anything to do with this. Hearing him on the news today just made me so sad. He sounded lost.

I am normally the first one to slam the hubby but this time....I don't know...

I wonder if she ran with an mp3 or something else to listen to. Didn't I read somewhere that a few "items" were found in the search?

I would be really interested to know when she was last seen before Saturday morning. Children as young as hers are a handfull. If she and her husband were not getting along, I'll bet he resented helping take care of the kids while she trained for the marathon. I'll bet he especially did not like it if she went to run early Saturday morning and the little ones woke him up before she got home. Hmm...wonder if she arrived home Sat. AM from her run to find and outraged husband 'cause he had to get up with the kiddos? Just speculation of course!

Susan

The median income in Cary is $104,858, so it's a pretty affluent place. I was driving past the intersection mentioned in the articles at about 8 a.m. the same day she went missing. There isn't much to notice, other than there is some construction going on just down the road. It's right next to a golf course, and is on a hill. I would be surprised if it were the husband, but I've been surprised before.

There have been a lot of unsolved crimes here, outside of the Ft. Bragg crimes - Janet Abaroa, Jenna Nielsen, Michelle Young. There have also been some attacks in a park in the past year, though I'm not sure which park it was, but I don't think it was near this location. One woman was hit in the back of the head with a rock by a man, but she managed to get away. Hopefully this woman can make it out alive.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3203263/

(snips)
Meanwhile, investigators said they were also interviewing Nancy Cooper's family members and acquaintances to learn more about her life.

And police have also scheduled a 1:30 p.m. news conference about the case.

Police say no one has reported seeing Cooper, 34, after a dinner party in the neighborhood that ended late Friday night.

Brad Cooper told police his wife went out about 7 a.m. Saturday but did not return by 9 a.m. or meet friends later that morning, as planned.

You'd think she would at least take her cell phone, especially after what has happened in NC lately. I wish I had seen her husband on Fox.

Im a runner and the only time I EVER take my cell and don't blare my IPod, is if I am out of town and unfamiliar with the area; otherwise, my kids would call me 6x in an hour.

hummm I leaning towards the husband killing the wife Friday night after the get together. His claim to her jogging Sunday morning is a lie to cover his butt. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea