Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ME ruled it a homicide, how could it be accidental ?

Accidental as in brought to the edge and snapped - kind of like a crime of passion. ?? I am more inclined to believe this is what happened if, in fact, BC did this. FWIW, I am not certain of his innocence or guilt. I prefer to see the facts (autopsy, reports, etc) before passing judgment. Meanwhile, all of the thoughts, questions and theories are very interesting and it is apparent here who believes what!

Cell phone in the car. Why would it be in the car? If she got a call late at night, she would have had to put the cell phone in the car on the way back or before going to bed. Why, so Brad doesn't see it? If she's sleeping in a different room it seems she might like to have that phone with her. On the other hand, BC could have put the phone in the car at some point so he'd have an excuse as to why he didn't hear it ringing when her friends called looking for her, giving the clock some time to tick away.

Errands. I surely hope LE checked to make sure the Coopers were actually out of the things BC said he needed to pick up. And I hope they have someone who is a phone expert work this angle on the phone call from home while he was at the store. That seems to be an important item to help rule him in or out. He's surely counting on it to help rule him out.

Well nothing he said in the affidavit or rebuttal addresses the possibility he murdered his wife. It was all about being a good father.
If he was so good, wonder why her parents and sister have custody ?

Well, we know that he wasn't allowed to defend himself against whatever was said in the Ex Parte hearing. And all that we know is that both sides came to an agreement to allowed her family to keep the children until October.

Accidental as in brought to the edge and snapped - kind of like a crime of passion. ?? I am more inclined to believe this is what happened if, in fact, BC did this. FWIW, I am not certain of his innocence or guilt. I prefer to see the facts (autopsy, reports, etc) before passing judgment. Meanwhile, all of the thoughts, questions and theories are very interesting and it is apparent here who believes what!
If he killed her by 'accident', he can probably take heart knowing he will get 2nd degree and 25 years. He will be 59 when he gets out.
Reckon Cisco would hire him back ? ...you know, MBA and all.

Well, we know that he wasn't allowed to defend himself against whatever was said in the Ex Parte hearing. And all that we know is that both sides came to an agreement to allowed her family to keep the children until October.

Wasn't allowed ? Hmmm. Brad could have taken the stand and talked all afternoon about what a great father he really was.

Guess he decided that was not such a great idea cause he would get questions about the murder and might fold.

As I stated before, maybe they used the last of the milk when BC and the kids went home from the party. That way, BC would've known they were out of milk and known he would have to get it for breakfast. Again, if Nancy was on a cash budget, maybe she would wait until stuff was gone to buy again and thus "stretch" her money to last as long as possible. OR perhaps if she waited and got him to get it, then it didn't come out of her weekly "allowance."

What a way to live! Imagine, playing such a game as waiting 'til everything is gone to stretch her allowance! She's not a child, she's an equal adult partner. He is not her master. Just the thought of this makes me ill. Too bad she didn't get out sooner. He's a cad.

JMHO

Well nothing he said in the affidavit or rebuttal addresses the possibility he murdered his wife. It was all about being a good father.
If he was so good, wonder why her parents and sister have custody ?

I bet you're not really wondering that. :)

Well when you said "accidental" I was thinking on those lines too but in the way of absolutely 'losing it', grabbing her throat, not realizing his strength & her fragility, yelling at her to shut the he!! up and the next thing he knows he's killed her.

Wasn't allowed ? Hmmm. Brad could have taken the stand and talked all afternoon about what a great father he really was.

Guess he decided that was not such a great idea cause he would get questions about the murder and might fold.

You misunderstood. I meant during the Ex Parte hearing...he wasn't given the opportunity (though they knew where he was, LE was following him, plans to meet her family), they proceeded w/ the Ex Parte hearing. And, at the point of a hearing, if he gets on the stand it opens himself up to questions. If he pleads the 5th, the judge can infer what they will from that, though in a jury trial they cannot infer guilt from that.

You misunderstood. I meant during the Ex Parte hearing...he wasn't given the opportunity (though they knew where he was, LE was following him, plans to meet her family), they proceeded w/ the Ex Parte hearing. And, at the point of a hearing, if he gets on the stand it opens himself up to questions. If he pleads the 5th, the judge can infer what they will from that, though in a jury trial they cannot infer guilt from that.

Sorry, I did miss you were talking about the emergency order based 100% on Nancy's family's account of him being unfit.

What a way to live! Imagine, playing such a game as waiting 'til everything is gone to stretch her allowance! She's not a child, she's an equal adult partner. He is not her master. Just the thought of this makes me ill. Too bad she didn't get out sooner. He's a cad.

JMHO

Have you never been short of money????? You don't know how to stretch a budget, write a check and hope that you get paid prior to that check clearing (and before I get slammed on that I realize she was not on the account and thus couldn't write a check!).

Apparently she didn't like the GAME he was playing if she's telling her friends how he's got her on a budget. She's openly told friends that she doesn't have enough to buy food for the kids. Maybe she didn't and so she told him he needed to get it.

Regarding Cause of Death, just throwing this out there....I know that sometimes osteoperosis can be a complication of Crohn's Disease. Maybe Brad was a little too forceful, and snapped her neck (as a PP suggested), which could have happened more easily if she had any osteoperosis as a result of Crohns. Or maybe he threw her down the stairs...who knows. I had a friend (with Crohn's) who injured her knee severely just by walking on a treadmill. Just kind of playing with a possible theory. I would like to insert the scratching the head smiley here, but I'm a newbie so haven't learned how to do that yet. :)

I have a vague recollection from many posts back that the Grand Jury meets tomorrow--could this be significant? Also, does anyone know if Brad is on some sort of leave or will continue to work at Cisco as usual?

I have a vague recollection from many posts back that the Grand Jury meets tomorrow--could this be significant? Also, does anyone know if Brad is on some sort of leave or will continue to work at Cisco as usual?

He is on 'administrative leave'

Yes the GJ meets tomorrow for RPD and CPD.

My opinion is it will be a while before we see an arrest.

I guess you missed my point.
I said it would be unusual for him to make the first trip to the store for the kid's milk...that apparently was Nancy's job.

Maybe I did. Sorry. However, I think that while BC put a strick budget in place, I am not ready to believe that if they ran out of things he made the kids do without. Remember, the girls showed no outward signs of doing without. I guess I am holding onto the hope that those girls don't end up losing both parents.

From Diana Duncan's affadavit, it sounds like the party was at her house - right across the street from the Coopers. I can't imagine they drove.

Also, it was reported somewhere that Nancy had received a cellphone call - possibly from Jessica Adams? - while at the dinner party.

So if indeed the cellphone was in the car, as JA reported, it had to have been placed in the car after Nancy returned from the party.

Without going back to the affidavit, did JA say anything in hers about calling NC the night of the party to confirm they were meeting? Anyone?

I agree that they probably aren't brownish/yellow if they are changed weekly. However, my sheets are washed weekly in hot water w/ bleach and my husband's body oils have definitely discolored the sheets (gross). That's why I make sure to put his side of the sheets back on his side of the bed.

:yes: You, too?! LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member