Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
did people feel like she could still be found alive or were they certain that she had met foul play? if so,
was there any discussion among the searchers as to whom they believed
harmed her?

There was hope that she was still alive and no one was willing to give up searching, but by this point of the search there was much speculation about the reality of this. There absolutely was a feeling that she had met with foul play and I got the strong sense that Brad was the person believed could be responsible. This is just what I sensed in "reading between the lines".

on the above link
"Anonymous said... No one has answered the first question on this blog....who was the last to see her and where/when was it? I am told her youngest child saw her at 12 midnight when she got home Friday...is this true?
July 14, 2008 8:56 AM"
that would be katie not bella and she saw nancy when she came back from the party, not leaving the house.

Interesting.......who would be privvy to that info :confused: It appears there are 2 separate people that are aware of that information or is it only 1 person Saint?

Here's what I was trying to link to....this is the part I was referencing. i've copied and pasted directly from the blog:

-snip-
art2mis said...
Her husband and elder child saw her leaving for her run Saturday morning.

If this info came directly from Brad then I don't believe his version of events. If someone else heard Bella say she saw her mommy that morning then yes okay.

If this info came directly from Brad then I don't believe his version of events. If someone else heard Bella say she saw her mommy that morning then yes okay.

We don't know the answer to that from this info. I understand your point, but we can't just assume that it came from Brad. Oh how I wish we knew!

Something to think about is this......Brad's affidavit for the ex parte hearing did not mention that Katie had woken up after Nancy returned from the BBQ nor does it mention that Bella was up when Nancy left to go run. As detailed as he was about many other things you would think he would have mentioned that the children were awake.......all I remember is he said he was "preparing" for the children to get up.

Something to think about is this......Brad's affidavit for the ex parte hearing did not mention that Katie had woken up after Nancy returned from the BBQ nor does it mention that Bella was up when Nancy left to go run. As detailed as he was about many other things you would think he would have mentioned that the children were awake.......all I remember is he said he was "preparing" for the children to get up.

OH Mahmoo! That is a very interesting find! I have not read more than a few lines of BC's affadavit because I wanted to be able to digest my lunch without getting heartburn. YES, if the kids saw her I can't imagine why he wouldn't have mentioned it explicitly in the affidavit since he apparently remembered to mention LOTS of other things that were not as important. :confused:

No matter how well-known someone is in Cary, Cary and even Lochmere are huge, with how many hundreds of thousands of people? Here in Lochmere where many runners/walkers use Lochmere Drive (as did Nancy), there are always plenty of people out doing the same thing. Runners don't really look distinct from one another when you are driving around trying to watch the road. You get used to seeing them everywhere. I would only notice a runner if they were dressed out of the ordinary or fell down, etc.

Bill Leslie (WRAL TV) has run down Lochmere Dr. for years and years. It's hard to notice who he is. Amanda Lamb of WRAL TV walks her dog along Lochmere Dr. No one notices who she is either. We all sort of blend in. I notice these people because I know them, live near one of them, and even then they just blend in.

I don't think Nancy Cooper was any different except to those who knew her. They would recognize her.

Here's what I was trying to link to....this is the part I was referencing. i've copied and pasted directly from the blog:

-snip-
art2mis said...
Her husband and elder child saw her leaving for her run Saturday morning.

JULY 14, 2008 11:26 AM
-snip-

I'm trying to figure out where your info came from. Not trying to make trouble, just genuinely confused here....help me out :confused:

FD,

the post i was quoting was right above the one you were quoting on the blog. the one i quoted was posted at 8:56 am. I copied and pasted it exactly from the nancycooper.blogspot

http://nancycooper.blogspot.com/2008/07/map-of-searched-areas.html

"Anonymous said... No one has answered the first question on this blog....who was the last to see her and where/when was it? I am told her youngest child saw her at 12 midnight when she got home Friday...is this true?
July 14, 2008 8:56 AM"

that would be katie not bella and she saw nancy when she came back from the party, not leaving the house.

maybe neither of these were actually correct. maybe both were right.

it could be that brad told people these things or these things were merely rumors.

for all we know, brad could have been one of the posters on the blog.

No matter how well-known someone is in Cary, Cary and even Lochmere are huge, with how many hundreds of thousands of people?

I didn't realize Cary was that large......I was under the impression it was a much smaller city/town whatever.

There was hope that she was still alive and no one was willing to give up searching, but by this point of the search there was much speculation about the reality of this. There absolutely was a feeling that she had met with foul play and I got the strong sense that Brad was the person believed could be responsible. This is just what I sensed in "reading between the lines".

it was very kind of you to volunteer to search. i feel so bad for the families when these horrible things happen.

I didn't realize Cary was that large......I was under the impression it was a much smaller city/town whatever.

someone who lives in cary said that it is about 80,000 people and borders raleigh.

Interesting.......who would be privvy to that info :confused: It appears there are 2 separate people that are aware of that information or is it only 1 person Saint?

hey, i just clicked on the link provided by FullDisclosure (nancycooper.blogspot) and found that post. see the above post #589

the ex parte ruling happened quickly because children were in danger. this is not unusual and i don't think it had anything to do with who nancy's parents are.

i'm confused as to way you think her dad had extra pull in getting the passports or that they were a minor concern.

the court ordered brad to had over the passports would be my guess, in the judge's intitial temporary custody hearing.

the children's mother had been murdered, most probably by the the children's father who is thought to be unstable.

Ex parte can happen because children are in danger---yes that is true.
Sad to say they can and do happen much easier and faster if you have money, power, political connections. I'm not saying that was the case here, but I'm not saying it wasn't the case either. At this point I am suspious.

Here is a link to the dept. NC dad was Exec. director of: http://www.child.alberta.ca/home/

Ex parte and international custody is a biggie. It is not very easy to take American children out of the country.
It is not easy to take children away from someone who has not been named a person of interest or charged with a crime.
And if I was a pit bull of a judge, I would've wanted more hard proof that BC was a threat to his children, in order for them to leave the US.

So I'm just sayin' allegedly.....

I agree with you on this Onescout.
Many intelligent and concerned citizens were shocked that the children were taken out of the country in the manner they were.
If, and I do say if Brad Cooper is innocent, I believe there should be some attorney's disbarred over this. just my opinion

I would suggest reading Ginger Calloway's affidavit that was presented at the "emergency" ex parte hearing. She outlines very clearly what her concerns for the children were.

I was sooo waiting for a "YET" when she said that. I watched it twice and she seemed careful and cautious about what she was saying. I'm sure her REAL thoughts were not shared with FOX news.

I agree Sleuthy about her real thoughts.
I don't even think it was a fair question for them to ask.
I would not have wanted to have been in her position at that moment.

Another point on custody...paternal and maternal rights are big, case in point:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,397361,00.html

this woman should never have custody of those children, but she is the MOTHER and a convicted murderer, see how our system protects the parents?

How did BC manage to lose his?

If there wasn't some serious pull going on, there is NO way someone from out of the country could walk with children from their father when there is no hard evidence that he would or ever has harmed them, BC was not charged with a crime or named a person of interest...
please keep in mind, I'm glad it happened but I'm trying to make a point here.
Yes they had good attorneys but trust me, that was a small portion of what went on. It was so slick you could slide an elephant down Main street on it.

I applaud the Rentz family.

Like I said, try a see if Joe Regular could pull that off.

Unless....there was something the Judge and only the Judge was privvy to regarding the murder investigation, and even then, I don't know if that would be admissable, not sure on that at all.

Okay, I will check responses in the morning, great chattin' with you all, gotta head to bed!

IMO a Joe Regular could not have pulled it off.
You are correct about parental rights being so strong.
There is something yet to be told about what happened with that IMO.

The "running" photo of Nancy seems to be older - when her hair was blonde - her hair appears shorter and darker in recent pictures and with a hat wearing normal summer jogging clothes I just don't see how she would "stand-out" that much. She is tall, but 5'9" is not exceptionally tall these days and unless she was running in a group I don't think her height would be apparent to the casual observer. I live in a small neighborhood directly adjacent (with a gate) to a park with jogging trails so I have been looking at the joggers around my house in Dallas to see if any stand out to me - and I must say, those that do are wearing very skimpy, BRIGHT and TIGHT revealing outfits and seem to be interested in the attention. I hardly noticed anyone's shoes (I looked), there are so many types and colors and patterns that none stood out to me (In 3 days I saw black, orange,red, blue, pink, neon bright and all versions of white with patterns and even lights). Nancy does not strike me as the type to be seeking attention by her attire to me. If Nancy ran by my house today, I wouldn't take a 2nd look at her or remember her any more than the other 20 soccer moms who ran by my house today. Nancy lived in a McMansion neighborhood probably filled with Trophy Wives, Working Moms and SAHM's who were nice looking and thin and even tall. She wouldn't stand out in my similar neighborhood in Dallas and I doubt she stood out there in Cary. To stand out here in the heart of Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders wanna-be land, Nancy would have to be dressed to get attention and be VERY VERY beautiful. Last time I was in Raleigh (6 mos ago - BIL lives in Wilmington) there were a lot of tall, thin, and cleavage enhanced gorgeous Southern Belles out running in the Raleigh area. Since they WANT to be seen, they are - Nancy was running for herself, a serious runner, NOT out there to get attention.

Serious runners who run in the early morning are usually focused on their run - generally they aren't socializing because many of them have to get home and get showered and changed and go to work - and I doubt their routine changes much on the weekend except they might change their route to avoid the weekend joggers who aren't as serious and might create congestion and slow the faster runners and mess with their pacing.

So I don't think it means that Nancy didn't go jogging that morning because nobody has come forward to testify they saw her doing so. I don't think a case against BC can be made solely on the fact that nobody remembers with any certainty that they saw Nancy running at 7AM, so therefore BC must have killed her at home and dumped her body before dawn. I'd have to see MORE evidence that Nancy never left that house alive again after coming home at 2AM - so until we have something more I am going to also work on some alternative scenarios of how it could have happened during or after her run. The problem with one set theory is that if it is proven wrong, you have to start all over from the beginning - right now I LOVE we have many scenarios - much more likely we have already hit on the REAL one.

My Opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member