Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that is a deal! I just couldn't believe people were walking at that time...I just knew I would have the police waiting when I got out of the subdivision. But it is County so it would take them awhile I guess to get to me. I hope so!

Is that private property? Why did you think the police might be waiting at the subdivision entrance?
Remember, this was an "isolated incident" so the police aren't expecting a repeat occurance in that area.
It might be hard to sell those lots if everyone gets creeped out by driving through the area....glad I'm not the realtor for that subdivision!

OH Mahmoo! That is a very interesting find! I have not read more than a few lines of BC's affadavit because I wanted to be able to digest my lunch without getting heartburn. YES, if the kids saw her I can't imagine why he wouldn't have mentioned it explicitly in the affidavit since he apparently remembered to mention LOTS of other things that were not as important. :confused:

you havn't read but a few lines of his affadavit's????

how could you possibly have formed an opinion?:confused:

I would like to comment on the discussion earlier today regarding BC and his long sleeves.

Don't know about the grocery store attire, but I recall the speculation about him wearing long sleeves during the search and MAKING A POINT about telling his fellow searchers how he was being bitten and torn up during the search. Aside from the fact that it was reportedly too hot and humid for long sleeves during those days, he - IMO - attempted to create an explanation for whatever injuries he may have had on his arms.

JMOHO :)

Do you think that LE were able to take photos of Brad's arms (if there were scratches) or is it always going to remain a mystery....since the scratches would have healed by now.
Can a search warrant that involves taking DNA also include looking for and taking photos of wounds on the body?

Deduction---if you know of any blogs, or threads that are not biased against Mr. Cooper, please write me or YM me at Chauncey7381. I'm from the old crowd and believe in "innocent until proven guilty", in this day and age, Mr. Cooper has already been tried based on opinion and hearsay.

I live in the Raleigh/Cary area, I do run occasionally in the Regency Park area, alone, in the early morning hours. There have been a lot attacks on women in this area in the last year. I am concerned about the safety there. Crime is on the rise here. Especially theft and gang activity.

Thanks in advance.

Ok then Just the Fax if you got to believe Clea then do you believe her when she said and I quote " I have no reason to believe Brad had anything to do with Nancy's disappearance"

as you said you either believe Clea or you don't can't have it both ways?

You need to understand her comment on the national media was before her body was identified and the death ruled a homicide.
Think about it, what person would go on national TV very early on in the ordeal and proclaim Brad Cooper likely had something to do with her disappearance ?
Betcha she told the cops that though :wink:

you havn't read but a few lines of his affadavit's????

how could you possibly have formed an opinion?:confused:

Easy, actually. My opinions are not based on the custody affidavits of either BC or the friends, but on the facts pertaining to the criminal investigation so far. As more facts emerge my opinions may change, or they might not. I've said several times now that I'm interested in the 24 hrs prior to NC's disappearance and murder, and the 24 hrs after. The rest is about the disintegration of the marriage and the growing tension between a couple. And while that's interesting and salacious, it doesn't have my (sleuthy) focus nearly to the extent of the immediate time around the crime.

someone who lives in cary said that it is about 80,000 people and borders raleigh.

Raleigh and Cary actually run together....For all intents and purposes , pretty much one in the same. Cary is basically an upscale suburban maze of subdivisions whose families often work in Raleigh or Research Triangle Park (west, near RDU airport)

Deduction---if you know of any blogs, or threads that are not biased against Mr. Cooper, please write me or YM me at Chauncey7381. I'm from the old crowd and believe in "innocent until proven guilty", in this day and age, Mr. Cooper has already been tried based on opinion and hearsay.

I live in the Raleigh/Cary area, I do run occasionally in the Regency Park area, alone, in the early morning hours. There have been a lot attacks on women in this area in the last year. I am concerned about the safety there. Crime is on the rise here. Especially theft and gang activity.

Thanks in advance.

"A lot of attacks on women in the last year" :sheesh:

The fact is, Cary happens to be ranked the #5 safest city overall
http://www.morganquitno.com/cit04pop.htm

I agree with an increase in property crimes (common everywhere).

Do you think that LE were able to take photos of Brad's arms (if there were scratches) or is it always going to remain a mystery....since the scratches would have healed by now.
Can a search warrant that involves taking DNA also include looking for and taking photos of wounds on the body?

Yes, a NTO can include taking DNA as well as photos of his body.

Here is a copy of the NTO served on Jason Young to obtain his DNA as well as examine his body for evidence of scratches and wounds. The cops had PC to do this because there was evidence of a violent struggle and the cops had reason to believe the perpetrator could have been injured.
Unless there was evidence of a fight /struggle with blood in the home , I doubt the cops would have PC to request photos of his body. However, it was said he cooperated fully with CPD early on. You would think the cops would politely ask him to show them his arms...

Notice the NTO says "I have reasonable grounds to believe this person committed this offense"
In other words, serving a NTO says this person is a suspect.
Yea I know, that terms 'POI' and 'suspect' are now becoming politically incorrect to use in murder investigations.
The cops can have em, they just don't usually 'name' em much anymore (at least in Wake County)

http://tinyurl.com/59kded

Thanks in advance.

Chauncey welcome to the board and I hope you will continue to post here.
I have to sometimes get up the courage to post because opinions were formed very early. I also am "old school" .

Speaking of the safety there, do you know what LE uses to base a decision on that a case or this case was an isolated case. They said that almost immediately, yet that say they have no person of interest or suspect. That seems to me like double speak, or am I just being dense here?

I have to sometimes get up the courage to post because opinions were formed very early. I also am "old school" .

Speaking of the safety there, do you know what LE uses to base a decision on that a case or this case was an isolated case. They said that almost immediately, yet that say they have no person of interest or suspect. That seems to me like double speak, or am I just being dense here?

It is double speak. You often hear isolated or non random when LE has information that leads them in a specific direction and/or already has a list of potential persons of interest. LE very often does not name a person of interest or suspect while they are investigating, sometimes not even right before an arrest.

Not being dense. The cops believe the murder was not an isolated incident. How do they know this ? Because they believe the victim knew her killer. That is another reason why they classed this homicide as 'non-random'.

The cops have a deilemma. They don't want to name a POI or a suspect for many reasons, including the fact the terms are inflammatory and can impead his chance at a fair trial. On the other hand, they don't want the public alarmed that there is a mad killer on the lose that snatches female runners off the road and kills them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix