Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey RC what are WE thinkin' , I would imagine all this stuff about passports etc. became moot the moment she told her family and her father (allegedly) got involved, I'm sure he had some (alleged) pull. Just like that smooth and quick ex parte...try doing one of those on your own!
Yeah that's what I'm thinkin' , once dad got involved (allegedly) passports where a minor concern.
It seems to me everyone, LE, friends,family EVERYONE is playing their cards very close to the vest.
You know how to play "hearts" with cards? WHen you have enough cards to shoot the moon (aces and a ton of trump) you just hold your cards close and wait to run all the hands. Marvelous feeling.

the ex parte ruling happened quickly because children were in danger. this is not unusual and i don't think it had anything to do with who nancy's parents are.

i'm confused as to way you think her dad had extra pull in getting the passports or that they were a minor concern.

the court ordered brad to had over the passports would be my guess, in the judge's intitial temporary custody hearing.

the children's mother had been murdered, most probably by the the children's father who is thought to be unstable.

My dog insists it's "time for breakfast" anytime between 5:15am - 6am despite MY insisting breakfast is never before 7am. Harrrumph! Maybe I should send her to HT--hell, at that hour she can take the car keys, drive herself, and I wouldn't care.

I would like to comment on the discussion earlier today regarding BC and his long sleeves.

Don't know about the grocery store attire, but I recall the speculation about him wearing long sleeves during the search and MAKING A POINT about telling his fellow searchers how he was being bitten and torn up during the search. Aside from the fact that it was reportedly too hot and humid for long sleeves during those days, he - IMO - attempted to create an explanation for whatever injuries he may have had on his arms.

JMOHO :)

My biggest surprise is the number of lights along the steet where the newhomes are under construction, right off Fielding. I think there were 6 along there. But on the other hand it is going to be where the rec area? is for the subdivision.

I wouldn't be surprised for already in-progress homes to be so brightly lit, but I do find it surprising that the dump area way in the back, where those lots haven't even been sold or marked yet, to be so well lit. Unless, as you suggested, those lights were added after NC's body was found? That would be an interesting question to have answered.

I would like to comment on the discussion earlier today regarding BC and his long sleeves.

Don't know about the grocery store attire, but I recall the speculation about him wearing long sleeves during the search and MAKING A POINT about telling his fellow searchers how he was being bitten and torn up during the search. Aside from the fact that it was reportedly too hot and humid for long sleeves during those days, he - IMO - attempted to create an explanation for whatever injuries he may have had on his arms.

You are absolutely correct about him during the search, what he said and what he was wearing.

I recall the speculation about him wearing long sleeves during the search and MAKING A POINT about telling his fellow searchers how he was being bitten and torn up during the search. Aside from the fact that it was reportedly too hot and humid for long sleeves during those days, he - IMO - attempted to create an explanation for whatever injuries he may have had on his arms.

Oh now THAT is interesting. Bitten by what? Mosquitos usually bite early morning and late afternoon/evening, but disappear in the heat of the day. And, what were the other searchers wearing? Short sleeves? Or were they advised to cover up?

the ex parte ruling happened quickly because children were in danger. this is not unusual and i don't think it had anything to do with who nancy's parents are.

i'm confused as to way you think her dad had extra pull in getting the passports or that they were a minor concern.

the court ordered brad to had over the passports would be my guess, in the judge's intitial temporary custody hearing.

the children's mother had been murdered, most probably by the the children's father who is thought to be unstable.
Oh my gosh. YOur last sentence it what it was in a nutshell. Our court system isn't stupid. WE aren't stupid. Cary PD isn't stupid. I think they all learned from the Michelle Young case.

It seems from some accounts she was just the opposite. The life of the party, big time spender, an attention seeker in real life without the use of web pages. Before I get criticized for putting down a person that is deceased, is that really any worse than the things that have been said here about a man that is possibly innocent?

I hang in the background usually and bite my tongue, but sometimes this board gets so one sided just feel like someone needs to same something.
Back to just reading I hope.

Welcome and your comments are certainly appreciated and valid. There are many differing views on this board and MANY posters very much on the fence. The thing is, Brad has not been murdered and if you spend much time on Websleuths, you know that he would be quite far from the first husband to kill his wife.

Don't bite your tongue! Tell us what you think and WHY!!! :)

I wouldn't be surprised for already in-progress homes to be so brightly lit, but I do find it surprising that the dump area way in the back, where those lots haven't even been sold or marked yet, to be so well lit. Unless, as you suggested, those lights were added after NC's body was found? That would be an interesting question to have answered.
I'm going to call Toll Bros. tomorrow. I know some people who work at that sales office. I'll report back.

What pull do you think a provincial employee would have in NC ? I think they immediately got hold of her lawyer and it was the lawyer who would have advised them about the ex parte etc. etc.

Here is a link to the dept. NC dad was Exec. director of: http://www.child.alberta.ca/home/

Ex parte and international custody is a biggie. It is not very easy to take American children out of the country.
It is not easy to take children away from someone who has not been named a person of interest or charged with a crime.
And if I was a pit bull of a judge, I would've wanted more hard proof that BC was a threat to his children, in order for them to leave the US.

So I'm just sayin' allegedly.....

i wonder if any other searchers reported the same complaints

You are absolutely correct about him during the search, what he said and what he was wearing.
Where did we/you get this information? This is the first I heard of his comments regarding being bitten/scratched during the search? Sorry. If it was in a really early thread, I may have missed it.

It seems from some accounts she was just the opposite. The life of the party, big time spender, an attention seeker in real life without the use of web pages. Before I get criticized for putting down a person that is deceased, is that really any worse than the things that have been said here about a man that is possibly innocent?

I hang in the background usually and bite my tongue, but sometimes this board gets so one sided just feel like someone needs to same something.
Back to just reading I hope.

Deduction, good to have you here! I have no idea who killed NC, but I do feel that the board could use a little more balance. (I do appreciate ALL opinions, so please don't attack! I just believe that some, in their zeal to speak for the silenced, tend to be a little hasty to convict.)

Bottom line--it's great that people care enough to discuss, research, and share about these cases--And that we have a forum where we can :)

Honestly, this whole issue with the long sleeves doesn't say a lot to me. The guy could have been allergic to poison ivy. I quess the next question is did he have on trousers or shorts. If he is wearing shorts his explanation does not make much sense nor does an allergy. If the guy was out in trousers - he may have been rather truthful.

Oh my gosh. YOur last sentence it what it was in a nutshell. Our court system isn't stupid. WE aren't stupid. Cary PD isn't stupid. I think they all learned from the Michelle Young case.
and that may have been one of the reasons why the parents of the VICTIM wanted immediate custody of bella and katie.
michelle young's daughter has been cut off from her maternal greatgrandmother, grandmother, aunt, cousins and her mother's friends, compounding their grief.

michelle's father just passes away from cancer. his funeral was today.
michelle's sister has now lost half her family within 2 years, not to mention her beloved niece that she helped care for.

Yea, maybe if she was meeting a boyfriend .
Go back and listen to Clea...she totally discounted that possibility when asked by Fox News.

You either believe Clea or you don't...can't have it both ways

Ok then Just the Fax if you got to believe Clea then do you believe her when she said and I quote " I have no reason to believe Brad had anything to do with Nancy's disappearance"

as you said you either believe Clea or you don't can't have it both ways?

Ok then Just the Fax if you got to believe Clea then do you believe her when she said and I quote " I have no reason to believe Brad had anything to do with Nancy's disappearance"

as you said you either believe Clea or you don't can't have it both ways?

What Deduction said.

:bedtime:

To Do Tomorrow morning (early):

1) Call Toll Bros. Check street light situation in Oaks @ MR S/D
2) Check property deed history for Oaks S/D
3) HT for laundry detergent (Tide/front load/extra bleachy):Banane13:

Nite nite.

Here is a link to the dept. NC dad was Exec. director of: http://www.child.alberta.ca/home/

Ex parte and international custody is a biggie. It is not very easy to take American children out of the country.
It is not easy to take children away from someone who has not been named a person of interest or charged with a crime.
And if I was a pit bull of a judge, I would've wanted more hard proof that BC was a threat to his children, in order for them to leave the US.

So I'm just sayin' allegedly.....

OneScout,

I am fully aware of his former job here in Alberta, which I believe he held for 5 years. ( He and his wife own a private business here in Edmonton)While his experience may have given him the knowledge etc. to quickly contact the lawyer, and even to get the ex parte motion going, it was through the NC lawyer, judge and laws that gave them temporary custody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat