Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to go by MeadowRidge to where NC was found. We, including myself wanted to know about what it was like back there at night time.

So this is why I didn't want to say where I went!! What if someone that is following this site knew that? Crying out loud I had a child with me!!:mad:

Once you enter the new home section the lights are the brightest of any subdivision I have ever been in. They are these huge globes that radiate.

There is one light placed on a corner of each intersecting street and at the end of each cul-de-sac.

Once I turned off Fielding I could drive with no headlights.

In the cul-de-sac where NC was found it is lit up with the street lamp in the cul-de-sac and on the corner. No lights would have been needed to dump the body. I could see the purple wreath of flowers with out headlights. Dim but recognizable.

I didn't stay to take photo's because...

a car had followed in from Holly Springs Rd to almost the last turnoff on Fielding. Then, there was a man and woman walking Fielding at 9:45, so I didn't want them to call the police for a vehicle going back there.

I have no idea if the street light was there before NC or if it has been since she was found there. I think the video might show if it was or not.

That's all I can give you for now.

Okay,Mom, you are official, you are now a superhero, must buy cape!

Question, if you could see easily in the cul-de-sac, could you be seen easily?

Was someone taking a chance going out there to dump dear NC, could they have been seen. Or where they just counting on the hour being their cover.

I imagine that area has a lot more activity these days.....

(I realize that there are no homes down in the dump site cul-de-sac, so there would be no newspaper deliverer that far back. But you never know if the delivery guy might have to take a whizz or something, and go back there.)

Hi RC...yes it would be very easy to do. Again, I do not know when the lights got placed there, but if it was before NC was found they are certainly bright.

I noticed you said you could see the wreath - a little dim but visible. Looking at the Sky 5 video taken at the scene, LE had pulled in a bank of portable lights and a generator - it is visible in the video. They would need that to look down the slope no doubt. Not sure if that means there was light there from the pole lamps or not. Hmmmmm

Guess we can discount our theory about it being too dark to find a more secluded place to place (or toss) NC body. However it does reinforce our idea that the perp was in a SUPER rush to dispose. A few more steps and she wouldn't have been spotted for days!! If the light stays on until the wee hours of the morning.....if the body was disposed in the wee hours of the morning...if....if...if.

Anyway, thanks, Mom, for taking the chance. Not trying to bust your efforts at all. Just frustrated with this case like everyone else. Remember...I did offer to go out ther with you. I would have tonight, also, if you'd asked.

After driving around that area last week, I thought of other areas he could have easily dumped a body undetected. Other than the route he took (Holly Springs Rd), almost every area near that house is fully developed, well lite and established. I suppose he was thinking 'construction site' when he turned to drive the mile in the back of the subdivision (large sign showing 'new homes')

It was a quickly devised plan after he killed her in a heat of passion...MOO

Hi RC...yes it would be very easy to do. Again, I do not know when the lights got placed there, but if it was before NC was found they are certainly bright.

Is it possible the lights are on some sort of timer? I would consider it risky to dump a body in a brightly lit area - even in the middle of the night!

:clap::clap::clap:mom............I don't think there's an Academy Award for sleuthing but.....if there was.......you'd be my nominee for the Sleuther of the Year Award!!!!!!!!!:clap::clap::clap:

I might make up a certificate for you at least :)

Seriously though.....thanks for going and reporting back to us.....we're fortunate to have you here.

(I realize that there are no homes down in the dump site cul-de-sac, so there would be no newspaper deliverer that far back. But you never know if the delivery guy might have to take a whizz or something, and go back there.)

At that hour (4-6 am ) I say he would just pull it out bout anywhere....behind a tree of course:Banane28:

Now you are taxing my brain. I need to get my "notebook" out. I do recall, and right now I cannot tell you where I saw this cited (but I will find it) that Alice Stubbs, her lawyer had advised her to return to Canada. There was a subpeona to Interact by the plaintiff side of the custody case. Reason unknown except I believe expert testimony concerning abuse can be ruled out - experts get paid not subpeona'd. You could well be right about Interact , I just have mixed thoughts about that.

Brad losing control - I have no doubt this would push him over the edge. I do not believe he would have handled it well, it would have been seen as rejection as well. I don't think those things were ever in his plans. He was willing to let them go in April until he saw a draft separation agreement - no way would he allow her to leave.

Hey RC what are WE thinkin' , I would imagine all this stuff about passports etc. became moot the moment she told her family and her father (allegedly) got involved, I'm sure he had some (alleged) pull. Just like that smooth and quick ex parte...try doing one of those on your own!
Yeah that's what I'm thinkin' , once dad got involved (allegedly) passports where a minor concern.
It seems to me everyone, LE, friends,family EVERYONE is playing their cards very close to the vest.
You know how to play "hearts" with cards? WHen you have enough cards to shoot the moon (aces and a ton of trump) you just hold your cards close and wait to run all the hands. Marvelous feeling.

Is it possible the lights are on some sort of timer? I would consider it risky to dump a body in a brightly lit area - even in the middle of the night!

There is a huge theft issue with homes under construction.
I am sure the street lights burn all night

Okay,Mom, you are official, you are now a superhero, must buy cape!

Question, if you could see easily in the cul-de-sac, could you be seen easily?

Was someone taking a chance going out there to dump dear NC, could they have been seen. Or where they just counting on the hour being their cover.

I imagine that area has a lot more activity these days.....

The closest occupied home might be able to see a vehicle back there from their second story window, but they would most likely be the only ones. With the trees it could be obstructed just as well.

But where the vehicle would have been parked in the cul-de-sac no one would see it since it swings to the right once you enter it.

My thoughts are NO way anyone would see this.

Hey RC what are WE thinkin' , I would imagine all this stuff about passports etc. became moot the moment she told her family and her father (allegedly) got involved, I'm sure he had some (alleged) pull. Just like that smooth and quick ex parte...try doing one of those on your own!
Yeah that's what I'm thinkin' , once dad got involved (allegedly) passports where a minor concern.
It seems to me everyone, LE, friends,family EVERYONE is playing their cards very close to the vest.
You know how to play "hearts" with cards? WHen you have enough cards to shoot the moon (aces and a ton of trump) you just hold your cards close and wait to run all the hands. Marvelous feeling.

What pull do you think a provincial employee would have in NC ? I think they immediately got hold of her lawyer and it was the lawyer who would have advised them about the ex parte etc. etc.

There is a huge theft issue with homes under construction.
I am sure the street lights burn all night

Good point - but still very risky! The killer must have been in an awful hurry. Maybe had some grocery shopping to do! :confused:

I decided to go by MeadowRidge to where NC was found. We, including myself wanted to know about what it was like back there at night time.

Once you enter the new home section the lights are the brightest of any subdivision I have ever been in. They are these huge globes that radiate.

There is one light placed on a corner of each intersecting street and at the end of each cul-de-sac.

Once I turned off Fielding I could drive with no headlights.

Holy cow! Thanks for checking that out! I had NO IDEA it would be so bright back there. That surprises me! I'm shocked. SHOCKED I say!

Well, by all accounts she was not a selfish, narcissistic loner that needed personal web pages to brag about her personal accomplishments.

It seems from some accounts she was just the opposite. The life of the party, big time spender, an attention seeker in real life without the use of web pages. Before I get criticized for putting down a person that is deceased, is that really any worse than the things that have been said here about a man that is possibly innocent?

I hang in the background usually and bite my tongue, but sometimes this board gets so one sided just feel like someone needs to same something.
Back to just reading I hope.

I do play Hearts and yes shooting the moon is pretty awesome !

I think her Dad had more than enough contacts to provide Nancy all the information she needed with respect to passports and whatnot. That Ex Parte - definitely slick and rapid no doubt but I would say a lot of the credit for that goes to Tharrington Smith. I have watched the video of her family many times, where her Dad said he was not worried, her Mom was - and I did get the feeling he had a plan, thus no worry.

I am however still amazed by the rapidity with which the family concluded that Nancy did not go running Saturday morning. I can't imagine that statement being placed in an Ex Parte without some really firm and i do mean firm belief that it was true. This still has me puzzling!

Any ideas ?

Our paper guy usually comes about 5:30 on weekdays...a little later on weekends. I'm assuming their block is serviced at the same time as ours. If BC left his house before then, he would not have been spotted by the paper guy.

It seems from some accounts she was just the opposite. The life of the party, big time spender, an attention seeker in real life without the use of web pages. Before I get criticized for putting down a person that is deceased, is that really any worse than the things that have been said here about a man that is possibly innocent?

I hang in the background usually and bite my tongue, but sometimes this board gets so one sided just feel like someone needs to same something.
Back to just reading I hope.

You have a point and I certainly respect that.

And nah.......don't go back to just reading. All views are what makes it worth discussing in the first place.

Holy cow! Thanks for checking that out! I had NO IDEA it would be so bright back there. That surprises me! I'm shocked. SHOCKED I say!

My biggest surprise is the number of lights along the steet where the newhomes are under construction, right off Fielding. I think there were 6 along there. But on the other hand it is going to be where the rec area? is for the subdivision.

The closest occupied home might be able to see a vehicle back there from their second story window, but they would most likely be the only ones. With the trees it could be obstructed just as well.

But where the vehicle would have been parked in the cul-de-sac no one would see it since it swings to the right once you enter it.

My thoughts are NO way anyone would see this.
...and obviously....NOBODY DID!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member