Similarities to other Cases. Melinda Duckett, Diane Downs and more

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the first month, I've associated Casey with Diane Downs. I live in Oregon and very near the place Diane shot her children. As far as I've seen, Diane still claims her innocense.

Yes, Casey reminds me of Diane Downs. They are from the same evil pod.

From the first month, I've associated Casey with Diane Downs. I live in Oregon and very near the place Diane shot her children. As far as I've seen, Diane still claims her innocense.

Yes, Casey reminds me of Diane Downs. They are from the same evil pod.

I agree! Downs and her parents do still maintain her innocence and Downs has been characterized as one of the most litigious inmates in the system. I wish we could find online audio or video of Downs to compare to Casey's interviews/jailhouse calls. They even sound the same.

THANK YOU! I follow the duckett case from the begining. and this website was very interesting.

Yes--I have been struck by the similarities to Diane Downs from the outset.

hi there!

i'm a newbie, first post :)

another name that sprung to my mind was Amanda Smith, who claimed last year that a stranger had car-jacked her, locked himself in her vehicle while he smothered her son to death (Devon Epps), then unlocked the door and ran off...never to be seen again....

amanda was another one who had a party-lifestyle documented on her myspace...and that style was being cramped by the demands of motherhood...

to my knowledge, amanda has never recanted her ridiculous story, and I don't believe the case has gone to trial yet. this kind of thing happens, and i'm sure there are plenty of other examples out there... no two cases are exactly alike, but a theme starts developing when you compare them...

slightly OT here, but i never understood why Cindy wasn't asking Caylee more questions about her day-to-day life... My niece is about two months older than Caylee, and we ask her things like, "what did you have for lunch today?" "what did you do at school?" etc....and we get ANSWERS! i can't fathom the lack of communication going on in that house...

Yes similar to Amanda's case as well, imo.

Actually, no. Casey is one of a kind, IMO. Young mom, missing toddler, Florida. That's where the similarities end.

I have some compassion for Melinda Duckett. I believe Melinda Duckett more than Casey.

I totally agree - for some reason, I've always had a sympathy for MD. I may be the only person on earth who thinks that possibly, she did give Trenton to somebody.

She seemed like a lost soul.

KC, on the other hand, is cold-hearted and manipulative, IMO

No, KC does not remind me of any human being I have ever heard of, or have known.

Not even the serial killers I keep notebooks on, or the patients in the pcych ward I work in.

Really? I just see some similarities although, Melinda had a recorded history of threatening her son with harm just to get back at her ex-husband.

I'm not saying they are connected (far from it), but just find it sad that Melinda and Casey seem to share some of the same mental disorders.

Reminds me a LOT of Melinda.

I think actually very different, Duckett I believe did whatever she did to "get even" with her ex, Casey on the other hand this has all been about Casey, I have always had doubt about Trenton being deceased and I have no doubt any longer that Caylee is peacefully in heaven

KC may also have been trying to get even w/ CA-- for reaming her a new one re: stealing from KC's granddad.

For some reason, I always had sympathy for MD - she just seemed lost - she doesn't remind me in the least of CA.

Honestly, I still could believe that TD is alive - that she gave him to somebody. She didn't commit suicide until after there were (incorrect) reports of his body being found.

I think MD is more of a borderline and KC is more of a socio. Both are personality disorders, IMHO.

I think the cases are different, but Melinda was also purported to have gone onto her ex-husband's MySpace account to make threatening comments on her own MySpace account in an effort to make her ex look guilty. Something to the effect of, "I'm going to kill you and your son, he's not mine", I think. Casey fabricated emails. Both displayed sneaky behavior to perpetuate a lie.

Axis IIs.

Today while I was being a lazy slug at home on the remnants of Hurricane Gustave (coastal Alabama) I watched some movies I had TIVO'd. One was "Amber's Story" - the story of the kidnapping and subsequent killing of a 9 year old girl. Her mother's reaction was, in my opinion, how a mother would NORMALLY act if her child had been kidnapped, was missing, etc. Her mother went on to lobby and enact the "Amber Alert" system nationwide.

She, as well as Marc Klaas, and many other parents of missing kids, subjected herself to a lie detector test. They cooperated FULLY with authorities. WHATEVER it took to find their child.

Even if some person(s) had Caylee, as the GPs have suggested, don't you think you would trust LE/FBI enough to say "ok - here she is, here's who has her...go get her?"

Amber's Mom, TM, MK.. all innocent parents who would move any mountain to find their kids. That's how you tell.

I think Casey actually uses men as some sort of trophy to herself. The more men (trophies) the more she feels like a winner, wanted and needed. This happens because Cindy puts her down so much she needs the men to feel good about herself. She does not connect emotionally to ANY of them, that is why she can be unfaithful and not feel remorse whatsoever. Sex itself is a form of escape from reality; it is possible she could be addicted to sex.

And yes little Caylee was in her way BUT the real person she hates and wants to kill is her mother. But she can't - the mother is too much of an overpowering person in the house. So the target of her disgust with her mother was Caylee.

Can I sit with you?

I would love to see that picture.

I swear I remember seeing a group picture on WS of Casey with a big group of people at a wedding or something, she was in the front row sitting on the floor with her arms up in the air. I've tried looking for it since and can't find it on here. Does anyone remember seeing that picture?

The reason I ask is, one day I was reading the Trenton Duckett forum as I really didn't know much about the case, and I ended up on Josh's myspace. And the same picture is in Josh's tagged photo's. I find it strange that he and Casey would be in the same picture but I gave up looking for where I saw the picture first in reference to Casey.

She was on the left, in black. It looked a lot like KC, but I'm not sure it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Legomatica_Locate