Similarities to other Cases. Melinda Duckett, Diane Downs and more

Status
Not open for further replies.
The similarities I see in this case and the Diane Downs case:

Both women man crazy

Phantom perp named (Bushy haired stranger vs. Z the Nanny)

Diane Downs memorialized her children with an engraved unicorn (before they died!) and IMO, KC's tattoo is a memorial

Forensics are centered on the car

Family members hold the key to much of the evidence

LE accused of not following up on leads in both cases

Sociopath label thrown around in both cases

Agreed. Motive could be different ~ I'm not sure about that yet.

I just read this article on Jocelyn Kirsch - the college student who stole over $100,000 along with her boyfriend and lived a lavish life of lies. The entire time I was reading all I could think about is how similar she is to Casey.

Here's the link to the article. http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2008/apr/27/scamsandfraud.relationships

I apologize if this has already been discussed.

I remember reading about them when they were first arrested, with pictures of them in their matching red bathing suits!

I had a girl who worked for me years ago, she was into the outrageous lies and stealing. When all was said and done I actually was sad that she chose this route, she could have done anything.

Jocelyn could have had everything she ever wanted legally had she only worked for it, that's one of the problems work is a four letter word.

I get the instant gratification, I even understand not wanting to work, they behave like un-nurtured babies. What I don't get is the sense of entitlement. What allows someone to take what others have worked hard for and feel like they deserve it? I would feel so guilty of what I had deprived the actual owner from I would never enjoy it.

Can't you just see KC trying to pull this off?

I'd say yes, but KC isn't that clever.

These two put a lot into obtaining their wealth, KC never worked that hard for anything. But had she ever met the right partner? We'll never know what she could have done.

One, Melinda did not throw out all of Trenton's things. In fact, the majority of his toys, clothes, etcetera, remain in the great grandparent's home awaiting the day of his return. Two, there remains numerous questions regarding what was found in the trash, including but not limited to what appeared to be brand new baby clothes that Trenton would have long since outgrown, along with a pic of Joshua's late friend. Three, LE found one sonogram pic, not a bunch of pics as you so claim. Moreover, no sonogram pics were missing from the baby book that Melinda had for Trenton, which, btw was not thrown out either. Futhermore, that I am aware, the grandparents have no idea where that single sonogram pic came from. Nor do they know where the plastic toy chest came from. And that's not to mention that the state of the trash raised more than a few eyebrows considering Melinda's propensity for neatness (which, btw, has been documented in the psych eval that was released to the public in 2006). And finally but most importantly, LPD seems to think Trenton Duckett is alive. And, in fact, they recently released an age progression. Here's a snippet of what they had to say:

Full article: click here

Wasn't all the things you just mentioned the reason LE immediately named Melinda a person of interest? Aside from her being the last person seen with him?

In the televised interview of Melinda, she appeared to be suffering, like we would expect any mother to. Has this been analyzed for deception?

Sorry if these questions are blazingly obvious, I was going through my own thing at the time and remember only the basics.

I honestly am completely up in the air about what happened to Trenton and see signs to point to both options. Tragically, Melinda isn't here to tell us the complete story.

I just read this article on Jocelyn Kirsch - the college student who stole over $100,000 along with her boyfriend and lived a lavish life of lies. The entire time I was reading all I could think about is how similar she is to Casey.

Here's the link to the article. http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2008/apr/27/scamsandfraud.relationships

I apologize if this has already been discussed.

I see one big red flag - no one ever held Jocelyn Kirsch or Casey Anthony ACCOUNTABLE for anything. there were never consequences for their behavior growing up. case in point: Jocelyn's family wrote letters to the judge urging leniency because she was a "child of a broken home" and because her father was never "emotionally available". and because she "showed remorse". boo hoo, give me a f-ing break. everyone non-white, poor person in jailk with no father really feels for you, Ms. Kirsch. this girl had been shoplifting and committing crimes and getting away with them since she was 14 years old - but no one ever punished her, they either ignored it or rewarded her with a boob and nose job. first off, you do the crime, you do the time. I don't care what your family life was like. A lot of kids would have rather had an emotionally unavailable but financially giving father than the poverty and molestation they may have grown up with. second, I don't understand why someoene should get a lighter sentence for showing remorse. Just because you "feel bad" doesn't make the crime any better. sociopaths are good actors. say what you want about Christianity and forgiveness, but I think she should have to do the same time that anyone else without her socioeconomic background or pedigree would do. second, if she were my kid, I would not be writing to the judge for leniency and making excuses for her behavior - sorry kid, but this wasn't a joy ride you went on with somoeone's credit card - you committed widespread and premeditated identity theft and FRAUD in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. you need to do the time. I'd be totally ashamed to raise a kid like this. why don't these families have any shame for raising a child that lacks any morals? where's the accountability?

sorry for the rant...I just can't beleive anyone would feel sorry for Jocelyn Kirsch or Casey Anthony because of their "home life". cry me a f-ing river.

Wasn't all the things you just mentioned the reason LE immediately named Melinda a person of interest? Aside from her being the last person seen with him?

In the televised interview of Melinda, she appeared to be suffering, like we would expect any mother to. Has this been analyzed for deception?

Sorry if these questions are blazingly obvious, I was going through my own thing at the time and remember only the basics.

Actually, I sent video of Melinda during the Venetian Garden interview to someone to look at for their opinion.

It was off the record...but in short, I was told it doesn't look good for Trenton. I don't think you even have to be a professional to see deception during that interview. Melinda looks off to the left, licks her lips and touches her face, says umm several times and doesn't directly answer the questions. . Casey didn't directly answer questions either. Both Casey and Melinda said absolutely often and used expressions like honestly.

Melinda's Venetian Garden interviews:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=melinda+duckett+venetian+garden&aq=f

How to spot a liar:
http://www.viewzone.com/liar.html

http://www.blifaloo.com/info/lies.php

Another similarity between Melinda and Casey is that both said they were going to deal exclusively with the FBI.

Casey did not. In the press conference with Rockefeller the FBI denied that Melinda giving them any different answers than she gave LPD.

Both Casey and Melinda said they couldn't sit around crying and had to be out doing things. Both redid their myspace pages. Casey turned her page into a missing child page. Melinda took off her and Trenton's picture and replaced it with a picture of herself.

Both Melinda and Casey said somebody else took their kids. Neither Melinda or Casey told their families, friends or LE where they were or what they were during the last days they were with their children.

In both cases LE asked for the publics help and are STILL trying to track down where the women went.

Casey mentioned Caylee much more often on her myspace pages than Melinda mentioned Trenton. She talks about Caylee talking, toys Caylee played with and things Caylee did.

I remember reading about them when they were first arrested, with pictures of them in their matching red bathing suits!

I had a girl who worked for me years ago, she was into the outrageous lies and stealing. When all was said and done I actually was sad that she chose this route, she could have done anything.

Jocelyn could have had everything she ever wanted legally had she only worked for it, that's one of the problems work is a four letter word.

I get the instant gratification, I even understand not wanting to work, they behave like un-nurtured babies. What I don't get is the sense of entitlement. What allows someone to take what others have worked hard for and feel like they deserve it? I would feel so guilty of what I had deprived the actual owner from I would never enjoy it.

Can't you just see KC trying to pull this off?

Yep!

Forget trying to get into those babes heads. It's to your credit, and the credit of everyone else on this w/s who expresses frustration re: not being able to "get" them that you can't.

It just shows how human and evolved you are.

And, most mothers would turn on a threat to their children like lionesses, thank heavens. Most women would never consider coldly discarding a child in favor of a guy. Most women could be DANGEROUS to a man who was a threat to their child.

I see one big red flag - no one ever held Jocelyn Kirsch or Casey Anthony ACCOUNTABLE for anything. there were never consequences for their behavior growing up. case in point: Jocelyn's family wrote letters to the judge urging leniency because she was a "child of a broken home" and because her father was never "emotionally available". and because she "showed remorse". boo hoo, give me a f-ing break. everyone non-white, poor person in jailk with no father really feels for you, Ms. Kirsch. this girl had been shoplifting and committing crimes and getting away with them since she was 14 years old - but no one ever punished her, they either ignored it or rewarded her with a boob and nose job. first off, you do the crime, you do the time. I don't care what your family life was like. A lot of kids would have rather had an emotionally unavailable but financially giving father than the poverty and molestation they may have grown up with. second, I don't understand why someoene should get a lighter sentence for showing remorse. Just because you "feel bad" doesn't make the crime any better. sociopaths are good actors. say what you want about Christianity and forgiveness, but I think she should have to do the same time that anyone else without her socioeconomic background or pedigree would do. second, if she were my kid, I would not be writing to the judge for leniency and making excuses for her behavior - sorry kid, but this wasn't a joy ride you went on with somoeone's credit card - you committed widespread and premeditated identity theft and FRAUD in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. you need to do the time. I'd be totally ashamed to raise a kid like this. why don't these families have any shame for raising a child that lacks any morals? where's the accountability?

sorry for the rant...I just can't beleive anyone would feel sorry for Jocelyn Kirsch or Casey Anthony because of their "home life". cry me a f-ing river.

I'm with you. My dad was a mean drunk, who hated women. A close friend was raped a few times per week from age eight to age twelve. Another friend's natural father was so mean that her mom fled on a Greyhound bus, and never looked back.

We are all productive, law abiding women, who have never hurt anyone, nor broken any laws.

I imagine that if everyone on this w/s decided to disclose, we would find very few Ozzie and Harriet families of origin. But, most people manage to grow up and become decent folks, anyway.

I think actually very different, Duckett I believe did whatever she did to "get even" with her ex, Casey on the other hand this has all been about Casey, I have always had doubt about Trenton being deceased and I have no doubt any longer that Caylee is peacefully in heaven

kinda nit-picking, but isn't getting even with the ex (revenge) all about the person executing the revenge? also seems that casey might be "getting revenge" on her mom. guess we won't know until the trial is over.

One similarity I see in Melinda and Casey is that they both had lied so much to so many people and had gotten away with it that they just assumed that the lies they told about their missing children would be believed and neither were by LE or the general public.

I think Melinda's grandparents had no idea the life Melinda was living until after her death. However I think Casey's Mom realized Casey was a fabricator of the truth of the highest level.

Someone had posed the question here recently wether this case would have gained such nationwide notoriety minus Casey's looks and the salacious club photos and the Anthony's strange histrionics.
I replied I didnt think so that if it had been some dumpy looking mom in rural area away from the media centers it would be no less of a tragedy but would gain little attention.
I was unaware of this case but maybe some of you are but in Great Falls Montana a woman apparently Native American,Summer Manywhitehorses was arrested for abandoning the body of her two year old son James in the trunk of her car.
Apparently she drove around with the body back there for months all the while avoiding questions about the childs whereabouts from concerned relatives.
Sound familar?

(Summer Manywhitehorses sounds like a name Casey would make up)

Someone had posed the question here recently wether this case would have gained such nationwide notoriety minus Casey's looks and the salacious club photos and the Anthony's strange histrionics.
I replied I didnt think so that if it had been some dumpy looking mom in rural area away from the media centers it would be no less of a tragedy but would gain little attention.
I was unaware of this case but maybe some of you are but in Great Falls Montana a woman apparently Native American,Summer Manywhitehorses was arrested for abandoning the body of her two year old son James in the trunk of her car.
Apparently she drove around with the body back there for months all the while avoiding questions about the childs whereabouts from concerned relatives.
Sound familar?

Yep, it was discussed here when it happened, because everyone was having a hard time considering how a mother could put her child in the trunk (Casey) and then THIS case came while we were right in the midst of THAT and it was barely discussed because it was SOLVED-the child was IN the trunk, case closed...not so our Caylee...She was abandoned by the wayside AFTER a couple of days of riding around in the trunk just like this other baby boy.

Yeah I guess I missed that(and I rarely miss any of these cases).
Apparently this gal was arrested for something else and her car was towed away and they found the child at the auto yard.
It had been months.
This Mom hadnt ditched the body like Casey.
Of course even if she had its doubtful we would have heard much about it.
Not to the extent of this case anyway.
Of course it goes to show Casey may be a good looking little fashion concious club girl but inside she's no different then this wretch in Montana.
Apparently both of them are missing some fundamental pieces.

Sound familar?

LOL....I think your giving KC's *looks* way too much credit.....to me she looks about average.

Major interest in this case came from the fact Caylee was not reported missing for 31 days (our own headline here @ WS says "a month").

Add to it the release of CA last 911 call, & the next days news that ALL of the people/places KC took LE to turned out to be LIES.....

KC's (& family's) actions & NON actions have kept this a media circus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paladeer