Jose Garcia

http://www.orlando-florida-lawyer.com/about-us/content-aboutus-josegarcia.cfm

I just went to the website (above link) to check out Jose Garcia, not sure this is the correct one, but the only one I can find listed in FL. If you click on the Case Results Criminal Defense it gives a brief descrip of cases and results. Out of all the cases listed, there is only one for 1st degree murder, or any murder charge for that matter and that case was tried back in 2003, keeping in mind that Jose G. did not sign on there until 2006.
Here is what is said on the site:
Orange County Circuit Court, 3/07/2003:
Client was accused of First Degree Murder. Police officers believed that client went into a residence while a man and his disabled child were inside, and shot the man while robbing him. After investigating the accusation, it was proven to the State that the client was taken there by the real killer after the murder had occurred. The First Degree Murder charges were dropped and the client pled to a Burglary charge. He was released from jail and served a community control sentence.

All I can say is it does not look like this office has any experience with murder cases, if this is the only one listed.

Well nevermind, he isn't listed on there but I followed the link from the bar.

So does violent crimes include capital crimes? Here is the list

Criminal Law:
Assault/Battery
Drug Offenses
DUI/DWI
Domestic Violence
Firearm/Weapon Charges
Fraud Charges
Theft Charges
Property Crimes
Internet Crimes
Sex Crimes
Child Abuse
Violent Crimes
White Collar Crimes

Another Jose Garcia in Florida?
Graduated: Juris Doctorate, University of Florida, 2001
José F. García
Member in Good Standing Eligible to practice in Florida

ID Number: - 510211
Address: Udowychenko & Garcia, P.A.
3367 W Vine St Ste 203
Kissimmee, Florida 347414665
United States
Phone: 407.8477775
Fax: 407.8477396
E-Mail:

County: Osceola
Circuit: 9
Admitted: 09/17/2001
Sections: Labor and Employment Law
Trial Lawyers

10-Year Discipline History None

This guy is a civil attorney.

http://www.orlando-florida-lawyer.com/about-us/content-aboutus-josegarcia.cfm

I just went to the website (above link) to check out Jose Garcia, not sure this is the correct one, but the only one I can find listed in FL. If you click on the Case Results Criminal Defense it gives a brief descrip of cases and results. Out of all the cases listed, there is only one for 1st degree murder, or any murder charge for that matter and that case was tried back in 2003, keeping in mind that Jose G. did not sign on there until 2006.
Here is what is said on the site:
Orange County Circuit Court, 3/07/2003:
Client was accused of First Degree Murder. Police officers believed that client went into a residence while a man and his disabled child were inside, and shot the man while robbing him. After investigating the accusation, it was proven to the State that the client was taken there by the real killer after the murder had occurred. The First Degree Murder charges were dropped and the client pled to a Burglary charge. He was released from jail and served a community control sentence.

All I can say is it does not look like this office has any experience with murder cases, if this is the only one listed.

Oh so his defense will be that the "REAL KILLER" borrowed Casey's car?

I expected Mark Geragos to walk onto the scene at any moment.

LOL Well, at least we know she would lose her case. He would have us thinking it wasn't ZG that took Caylee it was Donnie in the brown van! OMG -- we should have known that! :eek:

I thought the A's did not like Hispanics? So how does KC get two attorneys with Hispanic names?

I thought the same thing...so much for CA not liking hispanics....KC now has Jose squared! :crazy:

I'm sorry-I'm new here though I have been lurking as a guest and member since I stumbled upon this wonderful site looking for more info. on this case. That being said I so admire so many of you here and feel as if so many of you have become trusted friends. I may be wrong in my interpretation of what has been stated as a requirement to represent someone in a capital murder case, but I thought that the attorney had to have experience in these type of cases--Am I wrong or are the requirements just 5 years as a practicing attorney? I don't see how this new attorney, if has indeed been brought on as defense counsel will actually help things. From the website he appears to only have experience in Family law matters. I'm sure someone here can set the record straight. TIA

After digging through Fl statutes the only things I can find that refer to the 5 years experience rule are all directly related to court appointed attorneys which Baez is not. There are rules in place in most states to make sure people facing the death penalty are not inadequately defended by a state appointed attorney (which use to happen all the time).

Can't find a thing about a privately paid for attorney needing to meet this standard. Everyone has to have their first capital case somewhere along the line, the state isn't willing to foot the bill though or risk the appeal.

Are these goodies gonna happen everyday? After being on here and chat all day yesterday, I thought I would do a balance and actually take a few hours off and this is what happens - a new magician appears! Taught me a lesson, thats for sure.

We need to start referring to them as J1 and J2.

Sorta like Thing1 and Thing2 ??

After digging through Fl statutes the only things I can find that refer to the 5 years experience rule are all directly related to court appointed attorneys which Baez is not. There are rules in place in most states to make sure people facing the death penalty are not inadequately defended by a state appointed attorney (which use to happen all the time).

Can't find a thing about a privately paid for attorney needing to meet this standard. Everyone has to have their first capital case somewhere along the line, the state isn't willing to foot the bill though or risk the appeal.

Well you need to read Florida Rules of Criminal Procedure

Specifically, In re Amend. to Fla. Rules of Crim. P. – Rule 3.112 Minimum Standards for Attorneys in Capital Cases, 820 So. 2d 185, 194 (Fla. 2002) (amending rule 3.112 to apply to privately retained attorneys).

The same standard applies to both appointed and retained attorneys.

As evidenced by the following case ... Casey may be able to seek a waiver from the court to allow representation by an unqualified attorney ~ one that does not meet the standards of Rule 3.112 ... but in doing so she will likely lose her grounds for appeal based on ineffective counsel or ineffective assistance of counsel.

See (Nukarri k) Williams v. State of Florida

(snipped)

ANALYSIS
Florida Rule of Criminal Procedure 3.112(f) establishes minimum standards for attorneys in capital cases. Under the rule, attorneys acting as lead counsel in such cases must meet the following criteria:
(1) are members of the bar admitted to practice in the jurisdiction or
admitted to practice pro hac vice; and
(2) are experienced and active trial practitioners with at least five
years of litigation experience in the field of criminal law; and
(3) have prior experience as lead counsel in no fewer than nine state
or federal jury trials of serious and complex cases which were tried
to completion, as well as prior experience as lead defense counsel or
cocounsel in at least two state or federal cases tried to completion in
which the death penalty was sought. In addition, of the nine jury trials
which were tried to completion, the attorney should have been lead
counsel in at least three cases in which the charge was murder; or
alternatively, of the nine jury trials, at least one was a murder trial and
an additional five were felony jury trials; and
(4) are familiar with the practice and procedure of the criminal courts
of the jurisdiction; and
(5) are familiar with and experienced in the utilization of expert
witnesses and evidence, including but not limited to psychiatric and
forensic evidence; and
(6) have demonstrated the necessary proficiency and commitment
which exemplify the quality of representation appropriate to capital
cases, including but not limited to the investigation and presentation
of evidence in mitigation of the death penalty; and
(7) have attended within the last two years a continuing legal 5
education program of at least twelve hours' duration devoted
specifically to the defense of capital cases. Attorneys who do not
meet the continuing legal education requirement on July 1, 2002,
shall have until March 1, 2003, in which to satisfy the continuing
legal education requirement.

Sigh, poor JB, going along building his little practice. No stress, no problems and along comes hurricane Casey. She sure has left a lot of broken lives in her path. Maybe the Government will bail him out when it is over. He is up his nose and peddling like crazy. He should have boarded up his office and taken a vacation during this last few months. Really sad when you think about it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back