2008.11.20 George & Cindy's Attorney, Mark NeJame, Quits

:bang: Geeeezzzzzzzzzz, I didn't see this one coming at all!

Although in the back of my mind, I wondering what MN was thinking when the Anthony's announced a press conference earlier in the week. :waitasec:

Personally, I think this is one of the sadder moments in this case. I really thought that if anyone stood a chance of helping the A's through this nightmare it was MN. His quiet and gentle manner seemed to be just what they needed. I was not surprised at all when it appeared that TM and MN became friends, because to me, they both seem to have gentle and good hearts.

I believe the A's need sensible support to move through this nightmare in their own way and a helping hand to assist them in refraining from "impeding" investigation.

I am sorry that the A's have lost MN as a counselor and advisor.

Salem

I think it says a lot about what must be going on behind the scenes because he is such an upstanding guy. I do believe he knows things we do not and that is why he opted out of this mess.

do you think instead of taking any money connected to the Anthony's that MN told NLH to donate the money to Equusearch instead? If MN did not take any money from the Anthony's or anyone connected to them he can escape with his reputation in tact and if he, in fact, accepted no money he could be free of the attorney/client privilege obligation, so maybe he can/will tell what he knows??? Just a thought.

I think he was originally impressed by GA testifying at the GJ and was doing the right thing and, I think he hoped CA would follow on later.

I think MN realizes he just lost them both to delusion with recent events and maybe he is thinking it is more about donations than little precious Caylee.
I've been thinking about GA's grand jury testimony too. MN spoke of how hard the day was for GA, and GA himself seemed so distraught. His testimony had to help get the charges filed, would MN be in trouble if GA reversed his testimony at trial?

Well......I certainly can't wait to hear CA's spin on this. Somehow she'll try to make it look like MN was in the wrong about everything.

OCSO abandons hope yesterday.:confused:
Mark NeJames quits today.:waitasec:
Hmmmm...

He HAD to know how this would be interpreted, regardless of his eloquently written and well thought out exit speech. He HAD to know that it would look VERY VERY bad for him to exit at this juncture...

:eek:Shut my mouth!:eek:

Don't think it had anything to do with money. MN is a very successful attorney. He always seemed very sincere to me about letting the A's grieve however they wanted to grieve and letting them continue to believe what they wanted to believe and letting them have hope - it wasn't a money issue.
IMO
it is impossible for every single person involved in this drama to have "dirty hands"

I'm glad to hear that money probably wasn't the issue.

I would guess then, that a big problem for MN was Cindy and her inability to get along with anyone. I bet she gave him fits. It seemed like NM had only been representing GA lately, anyway. CA probably resented that. I don't blame NM for wanting to get away from that nutcase. Good for him. jmo

I bet the reason A's will give:

MONEY

Even though they are making a whole he** a lot of it themselves they don't want us to know about. GMA: supposedly $200,000 and now the book deal: unknown but I bet high and working with KFN: can't wait to see this price

Hmmm...interesting indeed.

Remember during his last appearance on NG he said that he would not represent the A's if they were profiting from this case. He went on to say that they had never received any money from any videos and / or photos etc.

Then a week or so later they fire Garrison for "profiting" from the photos - which tells me Nejames started digging into this possibility after defending his stance so strongly on NG.

I bet he quit because
1. He found out they had made money off the photos - maybe not the one's in question on the Garrison emails; but remember, he said they were continuing their efforts to find anyone who was / is exploiting poor Caylee and profitting from her "disappearance". Sounds to me like he found them...the A's.
2. The book deal - since it would be profitting from Caylee's "disappearance" too.
3. GA's official spokesperson for KF
4. Cindy won't shut up
5. Most of all---there's gotta be a bombshell coming and as other's have said; this is his pre-emptive strike; because the A's are surely going to trash him, just as they have everyone else. Also, he knows how foolish he would look to continue to stand behind such pitiful characters.

Oh...one more thing - I think the statement about Casey's defense in his release is saying something...without saying something...I just can't figure out what that something is right now...

Yes, he did say if the A's were profitting in any manner from this case he would resign.
Also IMO, Cindy in particular, refused to follow the advice given to her/them by Mr NeJame, stupid move on Cindy's part.

(snipped) I know that there has been debate about whether a socio/psychpath is born that way or his/her enviroment creates them; but in this individual case I truly believe that KC is a product of Psycho Cindy and that she learned these behaviors (lying, stealing, selfishness, do anthing to get what SHE wants) from her mother. And GA, he too is a sick man. Perhaps it is battered wife/husband syndrome, or perhaps he too is a sociopath - either way there is something wrong with him. JMO

(bold mine) Yathink...

This makes LE's recent comment about the A's knowing more than what they are saying more interesting.

IMO. LE have thrown the gauntlet down and have placed the A's on notice. Watching and waiting, tracking the evolution of statements -- especially since the A's are targetting LE. Not a good idea.

OCSO abandons hope yesterday.:confused:
Mark NeJames quits today.:waitasec:
Hmmmm...

He HAD to know how this would be interpreted, regardless of his eloquently written and well thought out exit speech. He HAD to know that it would look VERY VERY bad for him to exit at this juncture...
:eek:Shut my mouth!:eek:

Bold by me.
I respectfully disagree.
IMO the only ones it looks very very bad for are Cindy and George Anthony.:bang:

Hi MySonsMom! I was about to post almost the very same words! lol!
It is amazing that everyone that come into contact with the Anthonys is sooner or later gone from their lifes! that alone really makes a statement. A really big statement too!
In such a tragic situation as this one, you would expect a family to be surrounded by friends and loved ones. And sad, but true, they don't have any! That is so strange for me to see. No friends, wow! That speaks volumes.
We don't even have to ask or wonder why. The answer is right in front of us, every time one of them goes on tv with their outrageous statements.
Yes the entire family has some huge issues! And I would say that Cindy is the major cause for this family's isolation... just my humble opinion!

ITA! Isolation can be a powerful thing as well (and Cindy is all about power & control).

I wonder if they have other discovery that we do not have yet and something in that discovery has prompted his resignation and their scheduled press conference. They usually do something to try and show Caylee is alive everytime evidence comes out.

he was at GJ indictment with George correct. He knows.

I wonder if they have other discovery that we do not have yet and something in that discovery has prompted his resignation and their scheduled press conference. They usually do something to try and show Caylee is alive everytime evidence comes out.

I was wondering that also. Maybe something was found during the search. :waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back