2008.11.20 George & Cindy's Attorney, Mark NeJame, Quits

I was wondering that also. Maybe something was found during the search. :waitasec:

A poster on another thread did say "small talk" was going around that the LE dive team was in oviedo searching a lake yesterday.

NeJame Quits As Anthonys' Attorney
Prominent Attorney Withdraws UPDATED: 2:29 pm EST November 20, 2008
ORLANDO, Fla.
<snipped><bolded by me>
"I only agreed to represent George and Cindy Anthony, so long as there were no restrictions placed on me whatsoever as to finding Caylee, regardless of where this might lead. Quite simply, this meant that I could do whatever I needed to find Caylee whether she was alive or not. It impressed me that George and Cindy, both believing that Caylee was still with us, had an overriding and primary concern in finding Caylee, even if the result was not as they would hope. The other condition I required was that I would have absolutely nothing to do with representing Casey or assisting in her legal defense."

He knows what GA was going to say or testify to at the GJ - what GA is saying now...is it the exact opposite of what he said in GJ and MN of course know that? I think it's the KC Defense Spin and they won't stop. What was planned for the A's press release? What were the A's going to say? Sure part of that has changed now with this press release about MN.
IMsomebodyputanendtothisO

I bet he tried his best to make them see KFN is doing them no good. We know he tried to reign in Cindy...........that's NOT possible. Like someone else said, MN was the only one in their camp who made any sense. One day they will look back & realize he was the only one trying to do right by them. I will give the man credit.

:clap::clap::clap:
Now that Cindy and George have lost a great attorney(IMO) can LE call them into the station for further questioning? Can they refuse?

:clap::clap::clap:
Now that Cindy and George have lost a great attorney(IMO) can LE call them into the station for further questioning? Can they refuse?

My understanding is that they do not have to cooperate if they do not want to. Unless they are under arrest they do not have to answer any questions and can request an attorney at anytime once under arrest. Can someone confirm that?

A poster on another thread did say "small talk" was going around that the LE dive team was in oviedo searching a lake yesterday.

I live in Oviedo, I had read at one time Lake Jessup was searched, do you know the name of the lake?

I take my kids to the Black Hammock Restaurant/adventure area on Lake Jessup to go airboat riding

I'm going to ask again because I am really curious--
Is there any truth to rumors that Nejame represents KidFinders, The Never Lose Hope Foundation and/or TES or anyone else involved in this case??

Barring some pretty significant information about potential conflicts of interest, I think it's inappropriate for Nejame to have released a statement of this nature.
I know people are fed up with the Anthony's, but would anyone want their lawyer to release a statement like this to the media after quitting?? This is very strange??

No, Nancy, I can speak from personal knowledge, that Nejame does not, and has never, represented TES. Although, to be perfectly frank, I'd like him to represent TES if we ever need assistance drawing up documents, etc. He's an outstanding attorney and, I think, a truly decent human being.

Moreover, he's apparently willing to work for nothing for the right cause. :clap:

It just doesn't get any better than that for charities like TES. :)

It is also my understanding that Nejame is not, and has never been, associated with Kid Finders Network. I do believe however that he has represented Never Loose Hope, but I don't know in for how long or under what circumstances.

My understanding is that they do not have to cooperate if they do not want to. Unless they are under arrest they do not have to answer any questions and can request an attorney at anytime once under arrest. Can someone confirm that?
ahhhh another Law and Order fan, just guessing. Yes I believe that all you have to say is "I want an attorney".

No, Nancy, I can speak from personal knowledge, that Nejame does not, and has never, represented TES. Although, to be perfectly frank, I'd like him to represent TES if we ever need assistance drawing up documents, etc. He's an outstanding attorney and, I think, a truly decent human being.

Moreover, he's apparently willing to work for nothing for the right cause. :clap:

It just doesn't get any better than that for charities like TES. :)

THANK YOU. :blowkiss:
(btw, I think he did offer his services to TM)

mark geragos....and i cant stand him.

Awwww gee... but he's got so much swag... lol... j/k... kinda ;) Too bad he is totally w/out scruples to defend somebody like SP. Sorry Mark, not enough "swag" in the world... JMO

It was just a matter of time. Everyone involved in this case, as he says, gets "body slammed" by the A's.

He's not just talking the A's who are doing the "body slamming"! He is upset with them for quite a number of things the PR they r planning, not being able to keep quiet, tours of the house, etc. etc. etc. :bang: He's talking about TES's goodname that has been slammed by leaving early & many others who are truly searching for Caylee for the right reasons! JMHO

<snip>
Abundant efforts have been made towards finding Caylee. I have worked with so many involved in this matter towards the goal of finding this dear, missing child who has captured the hearts of so many.Some ignorant and judgmental members of the public though have made hateful and inaccurate accusations against me and others, when they had no idea whatsoever what was really going on. As my new, good friend, TM from Equusearch, tells me everybody associated with this case gets body slammed.

He knows in his heart the truth that KC holds the answer to where Caylee is.:furious: He knows way more than most being he was at the GJ. A good man and smart lawyer isn't going to come right out & say KC killed Caylee.:eek: But this sentence from his statement screams what I just said: "I believe that the singular person out of the 6 billion people in the world who holds the key to finding Caylee is her mother, Casey Anthony." :clap:
This tops any & all quotes to date!::bow:

The A's probably told him they were doing the PR against his advice..If we think the A's were crazy with what they were doing & saying before today, I think we're going to be entering the twilight zone now! :crazy::crazy::crazy:

I live in Oviedo, I had read at one time Lake Jessup was searched, do you know the name of the lake?

I take my kids to the Black Hammock Restaurant/adventure area on Lake Jessup to go airboat riding

I am not sure what lake it was. The only thing that was said was LE dive teams we there yesterday. I searched all Ovideo news and nothing was reported. Either its being "hush hush" or it's just "small town talk". Guess we will have to wait....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back