Video: Interview with Cindy and George Anthony Today

OMG - just watched the video.

1. Why didn't the spokesperson brush her hair?
2. They must have shoved some powerful stuff down CA to keep her quiet.
3. Why does GA blink so much?

Just thought of something. When Cindy's phone ran, she turned it off. Now if my granddaughter was missing and I had a phone call I would answer it whether I was in an interview or not!!!!!! I mean come on,... that might be the phone call that was to say we have your granddaughter. I mean its not really but if Cindy believes Caylee is alive you'd think she would answer any and all phone calls, not let it go to voicemail. In their words they said each minute she is taken further and further from us. So why not answer your phone since you are telling the public to CALL YOU NOT LE with tips. It just doesn't make sense that a family that thinks the child is alive to do that. jmo

Some phones have separate rings for certain people, maybe that's why she turned it off--she knew who it was.

OMG - just watched the video.

1. Why didn't the spokesperson brush her hair?
2. They must have shoved some powerful stuff down CA to keep her quiet.

GA does blink a lot. I thought maybe it was his contact lenses....

snipped:

David B. Givens, an anthropologist and the director of the Center for Nonverbal Studies in Spokane, Wash., says that although it is common knowledge that people under stress blink faster, he knows of no studies done about low blinking rates. And, he adds, the fact that Clark blinks so infrequently in particularly high-pressure situations (like TV interviews) goes against the conventional wisdom.

http://dir.salon.com/story/ent/feature/2004/02/02/blink/index.html

At the end George says... "There should have been cooperation from day one" referring to their opinion that LE hasn't been helping them.

George the only person who should have been more cooperative from day one is your daughter. She's the ONLY one with the answers to find Caylee. Instead she choose to lead LE on wild goose chases, lie repeatedly and put your entire family through this endless ordeal of not knowing what really happened.

And day one was June 15 or 16th, not July 15th, that was day 31. 31 days after you last saw Caylee. 31 days where you and Cindy should have been looking for both your granddaughter and your daughter. What really happened during those 31 days George? Then come tell us how everyone but your family should be more cooperative.

I found it interesting that the Bart lady couldn't look the interviewer in the eyes. Also, GA couldn't really look into anyone's eyes either. They need to take a nap, CA looks so tired and warn.

That is an interesting observation. Do you mind if I ask what you base it on? Because although I've watched the video twice, I never even SAW the interviewer.......so I don't have a clue where the "eye contact" point would have been. There was also a camera man in the room. I CAN tell his direction, and it seems to me that George and ms. Bart BOTH looked in his direction regularly.

I agree that Cindy looks tired and worn. I also think she looks like she has lost weight and is just in a physical decline. I wish they'd consider talking to someone who could help them with the position they find themselves in.

Holy Crap in a Pita, is this woman serious? She wants FBI to fingerprint a playground set that since SUNDAY must have been touched by HUNDREDS of other kids since? Why didn't they say something Sunday so something could get done as soon as possible? George complaining it shouldn't take a day or two while they let Caylee kick it for a WEEK with these kidnappers?

Were the Smarts out at Hot Body Contests, renting movies about children getting kidnapped from home in the night, stealing money, getting tattoos, buying hideous sunglasses at Target or enjoying dirty Instant Message sessions with random people? No, they were out there searching as soon as they called the police the moment they knew their daughter was missing. In their agony and grief, did they hang out on couches in a "neutral place" pretending to work while hiding the fact Elizabeth had been taken? No, they contacted their friends, family and church members who came out to help look and support. Did they encourage Elizabeth's sister to not cooperate with LE as Lee Anthony has done? Comparing Casey to the Smarts quite possibly the most pathetic ploy yet because it merely highlights just how little Casey has done to help look for Caylee.

Holy Crap in a Pita, is this woman serious? She wants FBI to fingerprint a playground set that since SUNDAY must have been touched by HUNDREDS of other kids since? Why didn't they say something Sunday so something could get done as soon as possible? George complaining it shouldn't take a day or two while they let Caylee kick it for a WEEK with these kidnappers?

Who said this about fingerprinting?

Don't tell me.... the same woman who washed the evidence found in Casey's death mobile?

How did she know it couldn't have forensics that could be tied to the 'stranger' who killed her granddaughter?

Were the Smarts out at Hot Body Contests, renting movies about children getting kidnapped from home in the night, stealing money, getting tattoos, buying hideous sunglasses at Target or enjoying dirty Instant Message sessions with random people? No, they were out there searching as soon as they called the police the moment they knew their daughter was missing. In their agony and grief, did they hang out on couches in a "neutral place" pretending to work while hiding the fact Elizabeth had been taken? No, they contacted their friends, family and church members who came out to help look and support. Did they encourage Elizabeth's sister to not cooperate with LE as Lee Anthony has done? Comparing Casey to the Smarts quite possibly the most pathetic ploy yet because it merely highlights just how little Casey has done to help look for Caylee.

I don't remember the Smart family wasting time at MySpace when they found out Elizabeth was kidnapped either.

No, the Smart family was SMART.

The Anthony family. Not so much.

Quoted from the accompanying article:

Bolded by me. So, basically, MB is admitting that this picture was released to cast reasonable doubt on LE's case against KC. It didn't matter if it was Caylee, or not.

That is not what she said. It's not even close to what she said. She said the picture is the closest they've seen to a look-a-like for Caylee, and that police weren't investigating it. She wishes LE would check out things like this, because to not check it out, and this next phrase is my own, to not check may "possibly" and "could possibly" let a TRUE sighting of a living little girl go by uninvestigated.

Now, those words I used weren't randomly chosen. They are the same words the body farm and FBI used in their conclusions.

George Anthony, his wife and the spokesperson all believe that those words leave some doubt. And they do. And if ANY doubt exists, INVESTIGATE LEADS.

I really think that's all they want. And they aren't getting it. In fact, what they are getting is LE going on TV to say they will NOT follow up leads, that they've completely made up their minds, all based on "probably" and "could possibly."

Well, sorry to state the obvious George and Cindy but what kidnapper would go to a MALL in the same city they kidnapped the child from and just hang out?
And to the two women who sent the photo? Yah, they arent the brightest crayons in the box. The have provided virtually NO help here.

Well, IF I were a kidnapper, and the cops had just announced on nation wide television that they've already decided the child is dead and that they absolutely will NOT follow up on sightings, I might just feel comfortable enough to take that kidnapped child out.

I don't know the two women who sent the photo, so I can't judge their intelligence, but I don't think I can say they have provided virtually no help. The child DOES look like Caylee. If I were George and Cindy, I would want someone to check it out, even if just to rule it out.

What was the purpose of that disturbing display?

Michelle Bart is doing this family absolutely no favors. Go home.

Leonard Padilla goes on tv often. Are his offerings "disturbing displays?" What about Nancy Grace when she makes comments?

Two of the people on this "display" are the grandparents of a missing baby girl, a child they love with the entirety of who they are. I honestly don't think Cindy could make herself lose so much weight and look so haggard just to put on a display for us. I think she is exhausted and beyond what we can imagine in the grief department.

I have to say one thing that bugs the hell out of me is people saying, re: the A's, "just accept it". No one can make anyone accept anything. They will "accept it" in their own time. Everyone moves through the stages of grief at different speeds. Some take YEARS to finally accept and move on. I don't think they aren't "accepting it" just to tick people off. I don't think they CAN "accept it" at this point.

You are right. I don't understand why people feel so comfortable judging them and HATING them for trying to continue to hope their grand daughter is alive.

Call 911 that's what I would do ...Then let the police handle it...easy

But the police have already told us that they WON'T handle it. So what do you do next? Maybe you contact the private investigator that you know IS looking?

Maybe Nejame told the Anthonys to distance themselves from that network and GA decided to become their spokesperson insted and Cindy didnt wanna do it either and he left :waitasec:

From MN's quote I took it that he believes Caylee is deceased and he has asked his clients to stop giving interviews. He did say that as their advisor the least they could do would be to take his advice - otherwise, he's wasting his time (paraphrased).

<snip> But I also think that they are so vulnerable, being misled by a not so good group of so-called professionals etc.

After watching this video it is clear as day to me that CA is in serious need of emergency help now!!!! <snip>

I think people are taking advantage of the A's. I think they see the A's as vulnerable and are using this for their moment in the spotlight; which is wrong on so many levels. Honestly, M. Bart as a spokeswoman? GMAB! She's not even a good one, IMO.

Have they identified the child in the photo? She DOES look just like Caylee.

I think the child in the photo mildly resembles Caylee. But, the child in the photo is definitely not Caylee. I saw a little girl last night that looked like Caylee but after talking to her, it was obvious she wasn't Caylee.

I agree Donnam. Casey could have set people straight on this a long time ago. How can she watch her parents suffer like this? It is so cruel.

I think Casey is sickly enjoying this. This is the same monster who won't assist LE with finding her child - the same child that she never reported missing. Bless you Caylee - may you RIP!

<snipped>
I think at the end of the day KC has won no matter where she is sitting that in purely incidental to her. I think that her ultimate goal was to punish her family and especially CA <snipped>

MsB - excellent post! I think you are right in that KC orchestrated this for a payback to her Mom. I think it's ironic that CA said in the bond hearing that she and KC were best friends. What best friend would sit back and watch her mom/best friend fall to pieces? An uncaring one for sure..CA is falling apart right before our eyes. I pray that she gets the help that she needs. KC has some kind of probs if she thought this was the way to get back at CA.

I have to say one thing that bugs the hell out of me is people saying, re: the A's, "just accept it". No one can make anyone accept anything. They will "accept it" in their own time. Everyone moves through the stages of grief at different speeds. Some take YEARS to finally accept and move on. I don't think they aren't "accepting it" just to tick people off. I don't think they CAN "accept it" at this point.

:clap: Unless we've been in their shoes, I think it's wrong for people to assume that they should just accept it and move on. Heck, it's hard for me to accept that Caylee was murdered by her own mother. FWIW, I've been in their shoes (not my child, but my bff)...it's not something to accept and move on. It takes time!

They both look horrible in this video. They look scared! It's just so sad they have to go thru this. so so so sad!

She said the picture is the closest they've seen to a look-a-like for Caylee, and that police weren't investigating it. She wishes LE would check out things like this, because to not check it out, and this next phrase is my own, to not check may "possibly" and "could possibly" let a TRUE sighting of a living little girl go by uninvestigated.

If 'this' was the closest they've seen and it was so quickly determined that it was not Caylee.... how they they complain LE is tired of checking out every 3 year old in the USA?

This MB isn't the brightest lightbulb, is she?

If 'this' was the closest they've seen and it was so quickly determined that it was not Caylee.... how they they complain LE is tired of checking out every 3 year old in the USA?

This MB isn't the brightest lightbulb, is she?

Thank you, ITA. Me thinks the kool-aid is being passed around with a new additive.

One does not need to read between the lines to form a negative opinion about this video. It is what it is (CA used it without my permission by the way); nothing more than back peddling and finger pointing garbage at the people who are attempting to help them the most, LE.

Cindy is stoned but not unconscious. This is part of her act, the sad helpless grandparent in search of her Grandaughter-nobody is helping them-please public/the world, believe me'. Still spinning the tale.

GA's response when asked about his grand jury testimony, says it all..

He knows what he said before the grand jury is damning and will continue to hide his knowledge behind the 'can't discuss those proceedings'. Cindy certainly did perk up and bore a hole in the side of his face as he spoke that moment.

And the above paragraph in your post just PROVES to me that Cindy was acting. I just do not feel sorry for either one of them. A small, beautiful, innocent child is dead - per LE and FBI. Casey is in jail charged with Caylee's death. The Anthony's ARE NOT CELEBRITIES, and they just need to go home and SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT UP!

I don't think CA was "acting" at all. She looks horrible. She has lost a tremendous amount of weight. I think she is about ready for a complete breakdown. Like I said before, she looks beaten down and defeated. I think, even though she will not say it yet publicly, that it is sinking in that her beautiful grand daughter is dead at the hands of her own mother.

I cannot help but feel pity for GA and CA. Casey has destroyed their lives. She killed her daughter and now is slowly and painfully killing her parents.

I think so, too. It was obvious she had been crying. The woman is disintegrating. So sad.

Cindy is stoned but not unconscious. This is part of her act, the sad helpless grandparent in search of her Grandaughter-nobody is helping them-please public/the world, believe me'. Still spinning the tale.

GA's response when asked about his grand jury testimony, says it all..

He knows what he said before the grand jury is damning and will continue to hide his knowledge behind the 'can't discuss those proceedings'. Cindy certainly did perk up and bore a hole in the side of his face as he spoke that moment.

And the above paragraph in your post just PROVES to me that Cindy was acting. I just do not feel sorry for either one of them. A small, beautiful, innocent child is dead - per LE and FBI. Casey is in jail charged with Caylee's death. The Anthony's ARE NOT CELEBRITIES, and they just need to go home and SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT UP!

Watching this interview, I can't help wondering if CA is going to try to have a breakdown so she can't testify, or is she going to tell prosecutors, she not strong enough to answer STUPID questions! Sorry, The devil made me do it!

"GA does this to keep the peace. I have watched it all of my life with my father, even when my mother was extremely wrong and it hurt him to follow through with her"

I too watched this all my life with my father and my mother. God rest his soul. He was a lovely man, but he COULD NOT stand up to my mother - ever! He was afraid of her wrath. And I also think it was his way of "showing his love" for her.

GA will not cross Cindy. Ever.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hardsaf
Back