Baez on the Today Show 12/9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to think it is more a case of denial rather than stupidity. These two adults have been keeping up a facade of normalcy for so long that I don't think they even know what normal is anymore! I have an 11 year old daughter that was just diagnosed with bipolar disorder and the worst thing a parent could ever do is deny and "fix" problems created by their child. Loving, gentle, parenting with an emphasis on consequence and consistency is key in the upbringing of a child with a mental disorder.

In my opinion Cindy and George know exactly what Casey did to Caylee, but their modis operandum since probably the begining of Casey's life has been to hide, fix, pacify and spoil any chance Casey had at being a productive person. Right now they are spinning their wheels trying to create a diversion in this hole pitiful masterpiece that their daughter has created. I have serious doubts that Cindy and George ever sought out proper treatment for their child with obvious emotional and mental disorders, instead enabled her to become what she is today. Casey and Casey alone murdered her child for no other reason than she was an inconvienence. In my opinion, she should spend an eternity...and then some behind bars. This coming from a mother of a child with a mental condition BECAUSE even though there is a diagnosis there, I STILL teach my child right from wrong and consequence for her actions while loving her with all my heart. Bipolar is not a defense, it is an excuse and a poor one at that.

I have to agree with you for the most part... but you can see in their faces on those videos where they visted Casey in jail... they do not believe a word she says. I was very surprised at Georges b.s. "our family is a hand, I'm the thumb...."

When Casey talks about "her family" Caylee is not part of it unless its an afterthought... "I just want us all to be together.. and Caylee too". That right there shows she isn't including her as part of the family, she wouldn't need seperate mention.

I held out hope for the longest time that they were babying her to make her feel comfortable enough to talk... but now I just think they are trying to convince themselves that there's a chance she didn't do the unthinkable.

I am so tired of these dramatic cliffhangers! Give me a break, Baez! YOU are the one who keeps saying it's a missing person not murder case. SO YOU ARE WITHHOLDING THIS MAGICAL INFORMATION THAT WILL CLEAR HER NAME? What are you going to do, give the address where Caylee is locked in the dungeon? If you have ANY information why wouldn't you be breaking down doors to find this baby? WTH is wrong with all these people. It's all about money and publicity and fame and who cares that there is a kid missing, right? Seriously, this is more crazy than you can shake a stick at.

I have zero respect for any lawyer that is in it for fame and to cop cheap feels like he is.

I cannot believe that Cindy and George are going to be on LKL tonight spinning more lies. :boohoo: I guess they figure they have to anything they can to save their daughter from a guilty verdict, even though they know that Cayley is no longer with us. What will they answer from LK asks them about the smell in the trunk? Will Cindy answer that it was just rotting pizza? Will George say that "it was another body" and not his granddaughter?

Okay, I just saw the Baez slip - Lauer asks Baez is there anything that Casey wants to say? And Baez replies, she is 100% innocent - whatever happened to begging for Caylees safe return???? BAH! Again proves that Casey harmed that poor child!

I saw the mother and sister of the girl who disappeared in NY - they were hysterical begging for the girls life, let her come home safe - this is what happens when someone is missing! You beg for their return! You don't just say 'I'm innocent' or you don't have family looking into leads that are 6 months old - NO ONE has asked for Caylees return!

It drives me bonkers!

I have to agree with you for the most part... but you can see in their faces on those videos where they visted Casey in jail... they do not believe a word she says. I was very surprised at Georges b.s. "our family is a hand, I'm the thumb...."

When Casey talks about "her family" Caylee is not part of it unless its an afterthought... "I just want us all to be together.. and Caylee too". That right there shows she isn't including her as part of the family, she wouldn't need seperate mention.

I held out hope for the longest time that they were babying her to make her feel comfortable enough to talk... but now I just think they are trying to convince themselves that there's a chance she didn't do the unthinkable.

Right, I def can see in their faces that they feel she does not tell the truth. They take a statement she says and put a spin on it and then Casey spins it again. Like a toy top. It is hard to follow this case and not become totally frustrated that there is actually people like this in the world, and wonder why such a beautiful little girl was given to a family that would not love and appreciate her ALL the days of her life.

Why hasn't anyone in the A's family or friends at least called Casey out on being an irresponsible parent? It seems they don't blame her for anything not even causing this all to happen.

First thing my mom woould have said is "How can you leave her out there for 31 days and not tell me or call the police, you are responsible for all of this" - even if she didn't believe I killed her.

My favorite Cindy line is "Everyone is looking for Caylee - CASEY ARE THEY GOING TO FIND HER???"

no cindy they are not.

KC will claim that she spent years in the A house being sexually abused by her father and brother. She made a heartbreaking decision to give her child up for adoption to an unknown family to save said child from becoming a victum as well. In order to protect Caylee she will face the prospect of spending the rest of her life in jail to protect her baby from the horrors that KC experienced at the hands of her family members..Good story right?..Does this give you pause?...If you were on the jury would it give you any reasonable doubt..KC is not above throwing anyone under the bus, even her own family..She has already planted the seeds for her story and the fact that LA has disappeared and GA & CA have been absent from any jail visits since KC was arrested the last time.

The only person forcing Casey to be in jail until trial is Casey herself. If there is a TRUTH anywhere in any of her stories and she has adamantly refused to give it. Instead, she plays "Clue" and expects LE to figure out who Mrs. Peacock and Miss Scarlet are and where they could have killed Col. Mustard with the candlestick (or chloroform) in the Music Room.

If Casey wants out of jail because she is "100% innocent" it is time to talk to LE. Taking it to trial, she'll take her chances. I know from my perspective, with just what has been released, I would find her guilty. If Caylee were indeed to be produced at a later date, I guess LE would be forced to release her. But as far as I can see, there is no verifiable proof of the still living Caylee and too many pieces of evidence that point to her demise. But I guess that's the risk she's willing to take. Okay then, Casey. See you behind the defendant's table.

Caylee is not on the radar here-saving Casey's behind is all these folks are interested in. That is very telling to me and I have had enough. Wake me up when the pre-trial conference starts, please...Oh yeah, it will be a request for more time and a change of venue....wake me up in June when there will be another request for more time....

I'm torn between two things:

1. Either she and (with or without) Baez' help has spun some elaborate tale that they are going to spring on everyone at trial.

OR

2. They are saying all of this to bait the public and then at trial, they will have nothing new..no BLOCKBUSTERS....just same old ZFG tale.

LOL, I vote # 2.

People keep asking why they would wait for the trial, why won't they tell now, etc.
My opinion, because they have nothing.
Baez has counseled Casey to keep her mouth shut. A defense attorney's job is to protect his client, and to get the client off, or the least possible sentence. If the A's were truly threatened, he would be telling the state this mysterious info to get the charges dismissed, because protecting the A's safety is not his job. If Caylee were truly alive, he would have found her and produced her already, that makes him a knight in shining armor, and his career set for life.
There are so many points I could throw out that have been discussed for months that blow the 'secrecy at all costs' claim out of the water.
IMO, I'll tell you exactly what Baez has. Some version of "Zanny took her." That is all he has to work with. Good luck with that, Casey.
Lanie

JB is stringing this out to make as much money as possible before trial. It's why he didn't want the gag order, IMO. It's part of his pre-book sale publicity.

True.

I have no doubt there will be books. Every lawyer involved in the O.J. trial wrote one. Even the talking head commentators wrote books about O.J.'s trial.

I think they all sold well, too.

I cannot believe that Cindy and George are going to be on LKL tonight spinning more lies. :boohoo: I guess they figure they have to anything they can to save their daughter from a guilty verdict, even though they know that Cayley is no longer with us. What will they answer from LK asks them about the smell in the trunk? Will Cindy answer that it was just rotting pizza? Will George say that "it was another body" and not his granddaughter?

Hi BrendaStar..Trouble is so far we have not heard from one person that had gotten close enough to the car to smell the odor. The car was left out in the open for 3 days at amscot and 2 weeks at the tow yard. If LE can't come up with anyone to connect the dots I think they have a problem..Hopefully LE has one person that will say they smelled the decomp before KC dumped the car. So far KC is the only one that talked about the smell and she blamed it on dead squirrels...:banghead:

:banghead::banghead::banghead:OMG was an ______ you all know where this is going.lol
Why did I even bother watching him, he drives me nuts. She is innocent, Absoloutly Innocent.:boohoo:

KC will claim that she spent years in the A house being sexually abused by her father and brother. She made a heartbreaking decision to give her child up for adoption to an unknown family to save said child from becoming a victum as well. In order to protect Caylee she will face the prospect of spending the rest of her life in jail to protect her baby from the horrors that KC experienced at the hands of her family members..Good story right?..Does this give you pause?...If you were on the jury would it give you any reasonable doubt..KC is not above throwing anyone under the bus, even her own family..She has already planted the seeds for her story and the fact that LA has disappeared and GA & CA have been absent from any jail visits since KC was arrested the last time.

No, this would not give me reasonable doubt. Not even a little bit. I can't understand any of this anymore. Seriously, many many people have been sexually abused. Many Many people have mental and emotional disorders. There is a proper course of treatment for these things. There is help out there and the path that Casey and Cindy and George for that matter have taken is NOT THE NORM. I don't care what Casey's reasons are for murdering, hiding, selling, losing, protecting....Caylee were. It would not matter to me if God forbid George was abusing Caylee and Casey wanted to (murder)protect her from that. There is a way to deal with these things. I don't think there is any Casey code or missing pieces to this puzzle. Casey murdered her daughter because she was beginning to become an inconvienence in her life. Cindy and George should have sought out help for their daughter a long time ago (if she has a mental incapacity) because claiming that she has one now is no excuse in my eyes. There is no excuse for any of these people and they should all be held responsible for their part in this bizarre fiasco.

Good morning, They just finished the segment on Caylee where Baez was interviewed by Matt Lauer. Matt didn't completely throw him soft balls.

He asked Baez if Casey is innocent, why haven't they put in for delay of trial, so they can be sure to find Caylee. Baez responds that his client is innocent and she wants her day in court to tell her side of the story.

Per Baez, the public is making assumptions based on HALF of the story. Casey wants her day in court to clear her name and tell her story.

OK - WHAT story? Is this what they did in Baez' office for 5 and 6 hours everyday. Research and spin an elaborate tale that will be told in court?

Makes ya think, doesn't it?

Tell her side of the story! :rolling::rolling::rolling: That JB is just too funny!

why isn't he working on the CASE????? hmmmmmm isn't that HIS JOB????? seems lately like it's open mic at the today show.....:doh:

jmo

if its such a compelling story WHERE IS IT......

He must be pretty pleased that he was not gagged. :)

Matt Lauer did say that anytime they have a segment on the case that they get TONS of mail from viewers who are angry that they are letting Casey's side have her say.

I believe the change of venue has become a moot point due to the saturation of this case....

I don't know. I think they could change the venue to Sarasota or Fort Lauderdale and find a fair and impartial jury.

After watching Beaz, it occurred to me they might try a defense of "Caylee died but it was someone esle who did it and they were threatening my family."
I think for the defense to try this nonsense would mean putting Casey, ignorant woman-child, on the stand.

How did she give her child up to an unknown family for adoption? Did she put an ad on the bulletin board of the local laundromat, "SMALL CHILD FREE TO GOOD HOME, PICK UP @ FUSION PARKING LOT, 3PM."
There would be some kind of a trail to follow. Casey could give the info to Baez, Caylee could be proved alive, and George and Cindy do not have the right to be told where she is. Yeah, they could pursue it in court, but they don't have the money, and lets not forget the endless remarks on the jail visitation made by Casey about wanting to come home.
Lanie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members