Meter Reader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said Boston, Like you I don't think he was involved in the crime but something doesn't add up. I'm thinking ahead to trial, and how it takes just one reasonable doubt in the mind of one juror to have a guilty person be found not guilty. I don't want anything to hurt the prosecution's case either.

When it all boils down, I think the plethra of fingerprint evidence on 2 plastic bags and all that duct tape used will name the killer beyond a reasonable doubt. There would be no explanation for prints inside those bags at the top. Putting a child Caylee's size into one bag and then that into another would be more involved I think than we realize.

Would Casey think of wearing gloves? I don't know. I do know she wouldn't be able to use them and work with duct tape as it would be almost impossible to do, working rapidly in the back of a car backed into a garage, anyone could come at any minute, you know the drill. xox IMO

We can only hope. I just keep thinking dream team... OJ... dream team... OJ....

Very well stated and I agree! I might add that soon after August 13th there was a lot of rain and the area in question became filled with water for a long period of time. The area residents say that the area has only been dry for about three weeks. So when the meter reader returned to the area last week in the course of his work, and knowing that Caylee hasn't been found despite exhaustive searches, he looks there again and sees the bag. He knows it wasn't checked out, and is determined that it needs to be checked.

this is what I think, too.....and as another poster said, the guy seems to have done what many of us here would have done if we had been IN his place.
Maybe he didn't touch the bag at first because he KNEW better than to touch anything that might be evidence......and when nothing was done and he saw the bag , he might have thought ,WTH! if nobody else will look, I WILL!
As to all the speculation about him in most situations isn't it best to start with the simple answers and go from there?...don't go complicating things...(UNLESS you have some other "agenda" than finding the truth:mad:)....one step at a time.......
In the beginnings of this case many were talking about "the elephant in the room".....now we have a hard time finding the elephant because the circus got too crowded! (well, maybe most WSers can still see it but I can see how other folks might get confused.....because of all the different "ringmasters" out there)
gee , this has gotten long and probably doesn't make sense ..maybe it belongs on the "rant" thread!:crazy:

The location where the body was found doesn't appear to be 'down' in there where it would get covered with water. It almost looks like someone drove by and threw a bag from a car. So very strange to me. Just strange.

I have had jumbled,distressed thoughts since the meter reader discovered Caylee and the August tips came out.I have not posted because I am trying to sort through my own reaction.Forgive me if this is a repeat of what others have said.
The MR seems to be a quiet man.His job is basically following orders,not a leader.The police would be seen as authority figures.In his gut he knew what he had found,but didn't trust his own judgement to follow up or make a stink.That happens to a lot of people.But he couldn't let it go and returned ,Thank god.
The police,during that period of time were recieving thousands of tips .By now they knew Caylee's body had been in the car and Casey's cell phone pings showed activity out by the airport.That Casey moved Caylee away from the house became their working theory.Imagine a deputy ,in his mind the area had been cleared,his superiors were focused on another location and this quiet meter reader tells him he sees something.He probably dismissed it before he even showed up.Big mistake,but looking at what was happening at the time,understandable in my mind.
I'm heartsick that this oversight,however it happened,has given the defense an opening.I pray common sense will prevail and that some weird story will take Geraldo Rivera far,far away .JMHO

Something is really odd about the MM's persistence for 3 days in a row with regard to the bag. Then waiting 4 months to bring it up again. Under the guise he was going to the bathroom and discovered it.

1) Is this the only area along the stretch of wooded road with trash/debris?

2) What precluded MM from investigating the bag to determine if it was of any real interest?

3) What is the reason MM waited 4 months to re-engage LE?

4) His persistence is eyebrow raising to me.

That's strange. Who would want to capitalize on his name???? And can someone purchase someone elses name as a domain?

Who ever has the myspace one, hasnt responded back to my friend request.
Anyone who wants to make a quick buck or have the real name owner buy it from him KWIM? I also don't think that the myspace page is his.

The location where the body was found doesn't appear to be 'down' in there where it would get covered with water. It almost looks like someone drove by and threw a bag from a car. So very strange to me. Just strange.
TM said the ground under the bag was indented as if the body hand been there for a while, and I read that the area is loaded with lots of trash and plastic bags.

I would have to agree with Geraldo this time. If I was chewing gum and someone put duct-tape over my mouth .... I would choke too. :furious:

HA HA! Now, that is funny!:crazy:

Something is really odd about the MM's persistence for 3 days in a row with regard to the bag. Then waiting 4 months to bring it up again. Under the guise he was going to the bathroom and discovered it.

4) His persistence is eyebrow raising to me.

Well dang it all then! That would make everyone on this forum suspect, with their persistance and all about this case.

I suspect the guy's Caylee meter went off a few months ago, nothing was done. Then, I believe he was put on another route, and after a time came back to this one. Don't know.

But he has nothing to do with this case, except finding her body.

Well dang it all then! That would make everyone on this forum suspect, with their persistance and all about this case.

I suspect the guy's Caylee meter went off a few months ago, nothing was done. Then, I believe he was put on another route, and after a time came back to this one. Don't know.

But he has nothing to do with this case, except finding her body.

Just my thoughts: It seems odd he initially saw a bag and did not touch it to see what it was. Then for two more days he persisted. Then he was relieving himself in the same place he saw the bag back in August and this time touched the bag and found a skull.

I'm not suggesting involvement as much as I just find it odd.

Just my thoughts: It seems odd he initially saw a bag and did not touch it to see what it was. Then for two more days he persisted. Then he was relieving himself in the same place he saw the bag back in August and this time touched the bag and found a skull.

Unless the bag was underwater for the in between months. Which is very possible, and likely probable.

I don't find it odd that he did not touch the bag during August. I find that sensible and admirable. He did the appropriate thing by contacting the authorities.

I can also imagine his shock at seeing the bag there again in December, and finally taking things into his own hands to ease his own mind.

I am so grateful for this man's ongoing concern.

Unless the bag was underwater for the in between months. Which is very possible, and likely probable.

I don't find it odd that he did not touch the bag during August. I find that sensible and admirable. He did the appropriate thing by contacting the authorities.

I can also imagine his shock at seeing the bag there again in December, and finally taking things into his own hands to ease his own mind.

I am so grateful for this man's ongoing concern.

The very spot "nature called" on Dec 11 is the PRECISE spot he knew he saw a suspicious trash bag back in Aug. I just find it either miraculous or perplexing.

The very spot "nature called" on Dec 11 is the PRECISE spot he knew he saw a suspicious trash bag back in Aug. I just find it either miraculous or perplexing.

It must be the meter man had an emergency need to relieve himself in the woods at the EXACT location where he found a suspicious bag 4 months prior. Perhaps there are no convenience stores nearby.

I wonder what the meter man's conversation with the LE was concerning the bag?

Did he indicate he had thoughts of it's possible connection to the missing Caylee Anthony?

Wonder if he indicated he thought they should at least check it out to rule out any bad thoughts?

If anyone here is following the Nancy Cooper case: There was a woman walking her dog the morning NC went missing and she insisted she saw NC running. She contacted LE numerous times and it appeared she was ignored.

Perhaps the police get complacent with all the false leads and miss the real deal.

According to:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,469785,00.html

"And on Aug. 13, the utility worker called cops a third time, MyFOXOrlando.com reported. He met with police, and a deputy went into the wooded area to investigate the Kronk's claims, but didn't find anything, the station said. The scene was then cleared as a possible place of interest in the case."

I wonder if Mr. Kronk was with the deputy and pointed out the suspicious bag? And if so, allegedly he "didn't find anything". If there was a snake, the snake would take off eventually and the deputy could have gone back in, with the meter man's guidance, to open the bag.

http://www.dreamindemon.com/2008/12/19/yes-its-caylee-dna-proves-body-is-caylee-anthony/#respond

Zibarro says:
December 20, 2008 at 4:32 am
What is more weird is this statement:

Then, on August 13, K. called police the third time. He met with police, and a deputy went into the wooded area to investigate his claims, but didn’t find anything - although the report from that visit seems to indicate that the officer left before going deeply into the woods due to a “large snake” in the area. The scene was then cleared as a possible place of

Most bodies they say are recovered within 5 miles of where they were abducted. I think police may have missed this one. But the fact that this guy returned back to a scene he was told was cleared bothers me more. This guy needs to be throughly investigated.

I totally agree with you. There's something about this meter reader and his actions that just does not sit well with me. I would like for him to take a lie detector test.

This is very odd to me. I wonder if he would take a polygraph?

This is very odd to me. I wonder if he would take a polygraph?

Regardless, he will now have to be cleared officially not to be problematic for the state. We know the previous calls are being thoroughly investigated from Sheriff Beary's statement yesterday.

I was suspicious when the remains were found last week only 15 to 20 feet in off the roadway. So I just sat and waited to see if more information came out.

The same evening on Greta, Phil pulls up a video of an area that was shot back in late July or early August about 45 yards from where the remains were found. I looked at the sign in the video and it said: "Property Owner City of Orlando". Since LE said the property that the remains were found was on private property, I voided out Phil's video.

Now the reports comes out that the meter reader made three phone calls, three days in a row back in August. It appears 2 calls went to the Crime line and the other call to the Sheriff's Communication Center. Why did the meter reader call three times? If the meter reader didn't hear back by the second call, why didn't he just call 911, or his Emergency Dispatch Center?

I am keeping in mind based on what we have been hearing the remains pretty much have been where they were found for quite sometime, perhaps as long as the 6 months Caylee went missing.

From August 11th to December 11 is 4 months and with all the media coverage of Caylee being missing, the massive searches only last month, the sightings of Caylee all over the place makes me wonder why the meter reader didn't make a trip back to the area within those 4 months.

If the meter reader took LE right to the spot back on August 13th as the remains were found last week, then Caylee would have been found immediately. If the cadaver dogs were brought into the passage way of where the meter reader walked into the dogs would have found Caylee.

Heck, if Cindy and George took their dogs for a walk and passed this area, their dogs would have picked up the scent pretty quickly. At least their little noses would have gone up in the air.

Since Caylee remains :cry: were scattered further back into the woods makes me think Caylee was at the spot were the bag was discovered from day one.

It seems there must be a few worn passage ways into these woods. I also find it odd that this all happened while the Anthony's were 3,000 miles across the country for a few days.

Something just doesn't fit here and it could be as simple as the meter reader was in a different area back in August and just happened to go into this particular area and found Caylee.

Of course, my other thought is if the Anthony's knew of the area that Casey went to as a child etc., I am surprised they just didn't walk down the street with the dogs and take a look in that area. :rolleyes: I just remember them saying they would knock on every door to find Caylee.

Anxiously awaiting the results of the investigation of August 13th.

I also find it odd that this all happened while the Anthony's were 3,000 miles across the country for a few days.

Yes, this has bothered me and made me think possible accomplice because the three main people under suspicion (in the public eye anyways) are then covered as to their whereabouts.

I also didn't watch the LK interview, but I read the comments afterwards, and several people were commenting on how nervous George seemed during the interview--like he was about to crack. And then her body turns up the next day . . . makes we wonder if he knew what was going down even during the LK interview and was visibly nervous about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa