Crime scene photos #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO - it appears to be Caylee's book in the photo. Though it is hard to imagine it surviving underwater for many months...if not moved or touched...and because it was a board book...there is a chance it might stay together. I volunteer at an elementary school library and I know that if you touch a book that is wet - it will fall apart. If you leave it alone and allow it to eventually dry out...though it will usually fade and discolor...it will "re-harden" to a degree. Of course we have never had a child return a book that has been underwater for multiple months!

Playing around with PhotoShop - I can also see what appears to be some sort of photo or picture just above it. It almost looks to me like a very old photograph of a man posing. Like the kind you see with old relatives around the early part of the 1900's. It pretty clearly appears to be something man-made - not vegetation. But I couldn't say for sure what it is.

As far as the skull - it appears to me from crime scene photos that the area where the body was (under the blue tent) is behind the big tree on the right in the photo with "the book". The body could not be seen from that angle. I don't believe they would ever release photos of the body...any part of it.

Also - I don't believe that you can see a skull in the photo discussed earlier. Not only are the proportions wrong when compared to the book in the forefront...but I believe what we are seeing isn't even a bag. I think it is a log - or fallen decomposed tree.

Check out this photo and see what you think:

http://www.rsxtaci.com/Caylee/196482.jpg

This book in the woods confirmation just gives me the creeps. I have a copy of the book Suppertime for Frieda Fuzzypaws and I read some posters asking for images from inside the book. I definitely think it is one of these two pages in the photo of the woods, so I scanned them.

Thank you so much!

I think it's this one.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1074&d=1229792532

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-caylee-anthony-book-121808,0,4733443.story

(snipped)
IMO - it appears to be Caylee's book in the photo. Though it is hard to imagine it surviving underwater for many months...if not moved or touched...and because it was a board book...there is a chance it might stay together. I volunteer at an elementary school library and I know that if you touch a book that is wet - it will fall apart. If you leave it alone and allow it to eventually dry out...though it will usually fade and discolor...it will "re-harden" to a degree. Of course we have never had a child return a book that has been underwater for multiple months!

The only thing I can say for sure is the pages outlast the spine of the book. They come apart easily from the spine.

I finally found a picture that shows more clearly what I am seeing. Is this the same others have spotted?

closeupBook3.jpg
Lili--That looks like a photo of caylee with the "bunny ears" on. Remember there was one of Caylee and Casey together--looking in a mirror, I think? It looks like Caylee is reaching up and touching the bunny ears.

Lili--That looks like a photo of caylee with the "bunny ears" on. Remember there was one of Caylee and Casey together--looking in a mirror, I think? It looks like Caylee is reaching up and touching the bunny ears.

I am going to take a closer look at that too. Didn't notice that before.

When I discussed a "photo" - I was talking about the one that appears to be partially tucked underneath the "yellow book". On the left side...just to the top of the book edge. It looks like it is sideways and a photo of a man.

When I discussed a "photo" - I was talking about the one that appears to be partially tucked underneath the "yellow book". On the left side...just to the top of the book edge. It looks like it is sideways and a photo of a man.

Looks like an old military type photo to me.

Looks like an old military type photo to me.

Exactly - like how they used to pose with one arm resting on a pillar or a stack of books on a table...or even the shoulder of someone sitting in the picture. It appears the arm on the left (the man's right arm) appears to be resting on something and his elbow is bent so the hand is in front of his body.

Looking at the other spot...it does seem to resemble two small child's arms reaching up toward the head. But you have to magnify so much it is hard to tell.

Exactly - like how they used to pose with one arm resting on a pillar or a stack of books on a table...or even the shoulder of someone sitting in the picture. It appears the arm on the left (the man's right arm) appears to be resting on something and his elbow is bent so the hand is in front of his body.

Looking at the other spot...it does seem to resemble two small child's arms reaching up toward the head. But you have to magnify so much it is hard to tell.

That's exactly how it looks to be posed.

Is it me, but in the other pic, does it also look like the child is wearing sunglasses?

I see the photo but can't, for the life of me, visualize a man in it. What I see is what appears to be a child lying sideways on a bed (maybe a couch) with her legs bent at the knees, facing the camera. She is on the left side of the photo. On the right side is another person. Appears to be wearing a dark shirt. She/he is sitting on the bed facing the first person. Her right arm is stretched out toward the first person. The pillows on the bed can be seen between them.

A is the first person's head.
B are her knees.
C is the bed pillows or back of couch.
D is the second person's head.
E is her right arm on the bed but stretched toward the first person.

photo.jpg

It looks as if there are spots of mold on the photo which could happen if it were wet and inside a book.
Also, I wouldn't use the tone of the picture (sepia/bw) as a basis for judging the age of the photo. I've seen photos of Caylee that have been adjusted to look this way.

I have tried very hard to see the man but the first impression I got of the two ppl on a bed won't allow me. Does anyone else see what I see?

I see the photo but can't, for the life of me, visualize a man in it. What I see is what appears to be a child lying sideways on a bed (maybe a couch) with her legs bent at the knees, facing the camera. She is on the left side of the photo. On the right side is another person. Appears to be wearing a dark shirt. She/he is sitting on the bed facing the first person. Her right arm is stretched out toward the first person. The pillows on the bed can be seen between them.

A is the first person's head.
B are her knees.
C is the bed pillows or back of couch.
D is the second person's head.
E is her right arm on the bed but stretched toward the first person.

photo.jpg

It looks as if there are spots of mold on the photo which could happen if it were wet and inside a book.
Also, I wouldn't use the tone of the picture (sepia/bw) as a basis for judging the age of the photo. I've seen photos of Caylee that have been adjusted to look this way.

I have tried very hard to see the man but the first impression I got of the two ppl on a bed won't allow me. Does anyone else see what I see?

Thanks, pointing out the head will make it easier for people to see the pic. For me, A is the head at the top of the pic, and B is his hand. Looks to me like he's standing. The rest of the stuff I think are leaves.

We've been talking about this since yesterday :) Earlier in the thread, I posted the picture and put a red box around it. I can't seem to figure out if it is a super imposure that happened with the roll of film, or if there are actually pictures (or a picture) of family/whomever, lying there with the book...

Check out this photo and see what you think:

I think that this is the spot where the bag was and this is after the bag has been removed. It is exactly the way that TM described what the ground looked like under the bag. It looks like a shallow depression and the foliage around it has been turned dark brown/black by the bag. JMHO

Thanks, pointing out the head will make it easier for people to see the pic. For me, A is the head at the top of the pic, and B is his hand. Looks to me like he's standing. The rest of the stuff I think are leaves.

The more I focus on this, the more it looks to me, like a gentleman from the days of "Gunsmoke", where he has on a vest, a jacket over it that goes down to his knees (kind of like the duck tail tuxedos), and is either posing with his hand in front of him, or else it's his shirt peeking out from underneath the vest. He's wearing glasses, and has his hair parted to the side.

Not trying to step on anyone's toes but shortly after the crime scene photos were released last night the Orlando Sentinal reported ......

"Was Caylee's book found at crime scene"...???

They had side by side photos for comparison

There was a poster who started a thread here at WS last night with a link to the story - Don't know what happened to it

Anyway...Just giving credit where credit is due

Can I get credit for spotting the photo of the man ? :crazy::crazy: I noticed it yesterday when we were discussing the book. Turbo gets the credit for the book.

Do you know when you bury a beloved pet and you put their favorite toy and their bowl in the grave, or whatever?

Is this Casey's version? I could see her doing this as some kind of macabre tribute. Killing her, but wanting to do the "right thing" in some sickly sentimental way.

If she did this, why wouldn't she have put her mama doll with her?

I give you credit FloridaKatz, for your sleuthing. I appreciate seeing everyone's perspective on this mystery. But I think it's probably one of the pages of the book badly damaged by weather. Not a photo. It's so hard to tell because of the low resolution.

I absolutely think there are bones in the photo. There are hundreds of bones being searched for at this point, there are bound to be some in the photo and maybe strips of tape left behind, but it's too low of a resolution to outline them from our perspective.

I don't think she was left here with any type of ceremony at all. The scene reads to me as if things were discarded as fast and furiously as someone could. This was someone who was not thinking far ahead. As if she just wanted to have the trunk emptied of her stuff so that she could face as few questions as possible at home.

This was done by someone not expecting the police to become involved.

But based on her comment about the book to the police, sounds like she feared it would be found a long time ago.

The other thing to keep in mind about this area, is it could have also been used as a construction trash dump site for left over lunch food bags, soda cans, no telling. I'd have to look at the deed info on their neighborhood, but when my neighborhood was built back in 2003/2004, the construction guys used the preserve/conservation area to toss out their trash (which ticked me off to no end). So there's no telling what all is back there.

I showed the crime scene photo to three different people in my family. All three say the picture looks like Casey. It looks similar to a yearbook proof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egoslayer
"One of the 'skull' pictures posted before. (Curves, b/w balance edited to bring out different colors/textures better)

http://i42.tinypic.com/4vsbpk.jpg

I just don't see it."

quoting Jane in Oz from the first crime scene photos thread on Thursday night:

"Whilst searching for pics of this book, I came upon another site talking about the same thing and someone said there is a PHOTO just above the top edge of the book
They have a photo to it enlarged - not sure if I can post it ?"

Can you say what site you saw this mentioned on. I'd like to see what others are saying about it. I still can't see the man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savagely_chaotic