Amateur Astrology, what's ahead for the USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking ahead at President Obama's chart, and listing the stressful aspects to his natal planets.

Around Feb 5th, Mars will conjunct his Jupiter, and then will oppose his Mercury on Feb. 7th. Positively, we can expect great oratory with this influence, but negatively, there could be failure due to negligence, clumsiness, or dishonesty. If his birth certificate is accurate, this falls across his 12th/6th, with transiting Mars in the 12th.

Starting on Feb 9th, transiting Jupiter, in the 12th, will be within orb of square to his Neptune in the 9th, be exact on Feb 11th, and will leave orb on Feb 13th. The positive way this aspect could be used is the pursuit of idealistic inclinations. Negatively used, it could signify losses, a scandal caused by instability, and political conflicts.

Mars will be in sesquiquadrate to his natal Mars, exact on the 14th, and will then square his Neptune on the 15th, and oppose his Sun on the 20th. Again, this energy can be used in two ways.

Positively, it can bring inspiration, a lot of plans, help at the right time. Negatively, it can indicate failures caused by an absence of plans, a lack of energy, obstinacy, stubbornness, narrow-mindedness.

Keeping you all up to date on the coming month in D.C. We will watch and see what happens, and if it relates to 6th and 9th house and 12th house matters.

It just left us in Indiana HM - you sure better stock up! Take care and stay warm. :)

Old Bird, I enjoy a well-constructed conspiracy too!

I started at a young age, reading Taylor Caldwell. The age of the internet has helped create so many of them, though these are much more easily "de-constructed" than they used to be. Probably because of the age of the internet, and the basic fact that sleuthing is so much easier now, and any really big one would be very hard to keep a secret for long!

We should probably be thinking of how Saturn in Aries will deal with the challenge from Pluto. I hope some of the other astrologers will join us in speculation.

HM, there are a FEW conspiracy theories I find very interesting still. Maybe part of my continued curiosity is not having enough time to thoroughly do the required research. :rolleyes: I want to know what the real story is on TWA Flt 800. Wonder if there is a chart on the crash I can google ....

I am awaiting your insight, and agree, I hope others are or will become interested. Am especially interested in this one that you mentioned: "There will be a square forming between Saturn to Pluto later on this year. I will post more about that later." You mentioned it so you have to deliver! :) I've started reading some on Pluto in Capricorn ... verrrry interesting. Thx!!!

Take care, OB

Thank you so much, I find these forecasts fascinating. I've been reading a vedic astrology site http://www.galacticcenter.org/ and the astrologer has her forecasts month by month for the coming year. This is Feb 2009:
There is a building of expectations with fears of when will we bottom out. For everyone knows emotions are high and expectations are extreme. The financial markets are on an emotional ride. The exact opposition of Uranus and Saturn is exact again on February 5th.
Neptune will enter into Aquarius February 13th promoting a new world order in the masses being swayed. This is a new movement toward spiritual truths and spiritual delusions.
There is a fine line between the spiritual and delusional. Neptune rules both, delusion and spirituality. There will be a rise in spiritual groups now. With spiritual and religious philosophies, there is the problem of people taking advantage of those who are easily swayed. When people hear what they want to hear and are given magic formulas to get what they want they will follow hook, line and sinker. Do not be swayed by leaders who promise you everything without you doing the work. On February 13th Mars will cross over the eclipse degree of the last January Solar eclipse of 12 degrees of Capricorn. This is a very sensitive point and it has severe repercussions. Mars crossed over an eclipse degree on September 11, 2001. Expect the unexpected! This is a dangerous time.
Align yourself with those who motivate and help you attain your own goals, not those who give empty promises for their own gain and egos. This can be hard to recognize at times, so rely on your intuition. If it feels wrong, pay attention. There will be a massive increase of cults and religious fanaticism in the world now.
Mars will conjunct Jupiter February 17th in Capricorn where Mars is exalted. On February 22nd and 23rd the Moon will conjunct these powerful planets, indicating some powerful changes within the government. Many new policies will begin to be put into action. This will create a big stir from many who are opposed to the radical changes. There is much confusion and fear.
Mars is volatile and strong this month and since it rules real estate this will indicate big shifts in the housing markets and volatile conditions that affect the banks and loans.
Have a look at March, it really sounds bad:
http://www.galacticcenter.org/predictions/world-predictions/march-2009.html

Hi Deborah,

Affliction is a state of being harmed or damaged. Generally, a planet (or point, e.g., ASCENDANT) is afflicted or harmed/damaged by being in hard aspect (square, opposition, sesquisquare, etc.) to a malefic (MARS/ SATURN/ PLUTO/ URANUS/ NEPTUNE). A planet can also be afflicted by being in a sign it cannot easily function in, such as MARS in Cancer (its Fall) or VENUS in Aries (its Detriment). Also, a planet or point can be afflicted by being in conjunction/ opposition to a malefic Fixed Star such as CAPUT ALGOL.

Exaltation is one of the Essential Dignities:

Rulership
Exaltation
Triplicity
Term
Face

VENUS in Pisces is Exalted. So is MARS in Capricorn, SATURN in Libra and JUPITER in Cancer. Exaltation gives the planet extra power/strength. See a Table of Essential Dignities here:

http://www.astrologycom.com/dignities.html

Thanks,
Soulscape
Thank you very much, that was a great explanation!

In checking out the first Saturn/Pluto waning square in November, the inevitable question comes to mind.

Which chart do we use for the USA? There is a lot of debate about the actual time to use. Some use 5:10 PM, some swear by
2:21 PM, and at least one respected financial astrologer prefers July 2nd at 5:43 PM.

I found that the 5:10 PM chart worked perfectly for the WTC attack, Those who prefer the 2:21 PM chart argue that the 5:10 doesn't work as well over all the events in our history as the 2:21 time. They also can explain the timing of the WTC attack with that time.

I am wondering if any of you other astrologers have an opinion. Probably it would be sensible to watch the November Saturn/Pluto square, and see which of the three seems to work the best.

I am checking midpoints for all three, and will post later which of the USA midpoints show up as in hard aspect.

I hadn't seen that video, Old Bird. It scares the daylights out of me. Under the Saturn/Pluto square coming in November, and lasting on and off into 2010, something like this is entirely possible.

I saw that speech when he gave it. It scared me then, and still does.

In checking out the first Saturn/Pluto waning square in November, the inevitable question comes to mind.

Which chart do we use for the USA? There is a lot of debate about the actual time to use. Some use 5:10 PM, some swear by
2:21 PM, and at least one respected financial astrologer prefers July 2nd at 5:43 PM.

I found that the 5:10 PM chart worked perfectly for the WTC attack, Those who prefer the 2:21 PM chart argue that the 5:10 doesn't work as well over all the events in our history as the 2:21 time. They also can explain the timing of the WTC attack with that time.

I am wondering if any of you other astrologers have an opinion. Probably it would be sensible to watch the November Saturn/Pluto square, and see which of the three seems to work the best.

I am checking midpoints for all three, and will post later which of the USA midpoints show up as in hard aspect.

Housemouse, there's another chart that might be very interesting to track. It's called the Regulus USA National Chart, developed by an Astrologer who calls himself Dr. H and put out by Regulus Astrology.

4 July 1776
6:17:37 PM LMT
Philadelphia, PA
Ascendant = 26 SA 54' 40"

There is a nice description and review of the work at Dave R.'s site, Astroamerica.com

http://astroamerica.com/rectify.html#r135

Thanks,
Soulscape

:eek: YIKES & DOUBLE YIKES!!! Agree HM, hope this is wrong. But as I am reading more on this topic, I am seeing some common themes :eek: that don't look so promising. :eek::eek::eek: I worry about our kids & grandkids!

I WONDER if it's possible that things will turn around. I'm afraid that we would need to clean house & put some honest people in office for BIG & positive changes to happen. Not saying they are all crooks, but TOO MANY!!!

IMO, instead of Drill Baby Drill we need to Pray Baby Pray!!! BIG TIME!

Amen! We need to tread very carefully in these trying times, my husband says I read too much. Look at California, they are halting tax refunds, welfare and subsidized day care. We live in New York, I sent my taxes in three days ago because I fear we may be in the same boat.

Just found this, and I am praying that this guy is wrong!

Could this be what is coming with the Saturn/Pluto waning square? We all better prepare to hunker down!

http://market-ticker.org/archives/759-Here-It-Comes.html

Hopefully it won't be as bad as this guy predicts --- yet I fear he is right --- the systems in place are broken beyond fixing.

So a question Housemouse --- do we put our money (as little as it may be) under the mattress?

And if it all goes to hell in a handbasket, what good would paper dollars be, anyway???

Those who can would be better off obtaining a property with a working fresh water well and growing a big vegetable garden....

And as several of you have mentioned, it sure doesn't hurt to pray.

Love,
Soulscape

I am certainly in no position to know what to do with our carefully saved pieces of pretty green paper (or those digital figures in the local bank)!

We have been self-employed since the early 1980s, and every time we got a bit ahead in our savings, the tax laws changed to our disadvantage. We are facing retirement with just enough in the bank for about a year, maybe two if we eat beans and rice.

All I can suggest for those at our level is to build a good stockpile of food, clothing, and household necessities to last as long as possible.

I am one of those who do not think anything coming from Washington will fix this. It is in the hands of God, who warned us that there would be "seven fat years and seven lean years".

So, we must prepare for the lean years as best we can, considering our individual circumstances. We have, by choice, a tiny house with a central wood-burning stove, our own well, and enough land to grow some of our own veggies. We are too old to care for chickens and milk goats, unfortunately.

I am a good knitter and seamstress, so I am prepared to barter my hand-knitted socks and clothing repair in exchange. for eggs, milk, and modest amounts of meat. There are amish in our area, and they may be able to help us if things get really bad.

But, Saturn is going to square Pluto no matter what anyone does. The best way to deal with these energies is to prepare ourselves, spiritually and mentally. To develop self-discipline, to be tenacious and tough, willing to work very hard in order to endure. That is the positive use of Saturn and Pluto.

It will be a time for seclusion and renunciation.

And, I say again. Elected representatives in Washington who think they can spend our money to avoid or "fix" this are just deluded or liars. All they can do is make it worse. They should, if they were true leaders, be preparing the nation for the hard times ahead.

Think about that.

And, I say again. Elected representatives in Washington who think they can spend our money to avoid or "fix" this are just deluded or liars. All they can do is make it worse. They should, if they were true leaders, be preparing the nation for the hard times ahead.

Think about that.

I can't tell you how very much I agree with what you say. It gets scarier by the day and I don't see that anyone has any idea of how to fix it because I think it's unfixable at this point.
- get this - latest Yahoo headline -
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090202/ap_on_bi_ge/obama_economy
President Barack Obama said Monday that “very modest differences” over a massive package to revive the economy should not delay its swift passage, a fresh appeal to Congress as the nation dealt with another dose of dire financial news.
- who does he think he is kidding?? - there is nothing “modest” about these differences…

I have to agree with you both, many government officials are only concerned with the next election, sad to say. It's not fair to saddle future generations with this kind of debt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80