FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
A poster asked in the last thread what can be done to help search for Hayleigh. IMO, the best thing at this point would be to donate to TES. I'm heading over there right now to do so.

i just read that that girlfriend isnt supposed to have contact with the family ? in the news area where the dads televised plea is .. its down towards the bottom http://www.gainesville.com/article/20090211/ARTICLES/902111012
Also out of that article it says the Croslin had only been "the girlfriend" for 3 or 4 months. Now couple that with CPS calls (plural) within only a 3 -4 month span. No - this doesn't look good. Anyone found ANYTHING with the gf - video/pixs ANYTHING?

I am not groaning... (respectfully LA :) because

1)they are posting a 25k reward
2)they are coming off a case that is similar...they have experience
3)they will keep the media focused on the case

Offering up the reward is great, keeping it in front of the media is great but LP has NO experience as a searcher. He stood around & signed autographs & smoked cigars. I hope this isnt the next case he is imagining the money he can if "her skull comes rolling out." IMO< he knows his 15 minutes is way up on the Caylee case so he is moving on to this to keep himself on NG,

And my question is, what parents of a 17 year old girl would allow their child to "live" with a 24 year old man. Let alone, one that has children???

Well my husband is far from "redneck" and he is a doctor, but if anyone did anything to our child, he would 100% go crazy and he has even said he would kill the person. Come to think of it, I would do 20 years to see the perp dead. Too many people get out early and do it again. Killing them would ensure that would never happen again. Yes, I would do that to save another child. I don't think him being a redneck or uneducated has anything to do with his strong emotions for his lost child.

She was referring more to his demeanor cursing & threatening to kill / many times more than necessary.

I agree I'd be put in a padded cell & would care less who I said what too.

Haleigh, her 2-year-old brother and Croslin went to bed in the same room in the family's mobile home at about 10 p.m. Monday night, investigators said. Croslin told deputies the little girl got up between 3 and 3:30 a.m. to go to the bathroom.
About the same time, Cummings arrived home from work. When they went into the bedroom, he and Croslin say they discovered that Haleigh had vanished.

I would really like to read this report for myself. This is yet another version of the timeline. According to this Haleigh was last seen within a very narrow window of time before her Dad got home.

That Misty would be with an ill tempered man that doesn't seem to treat her with much respect is not shocking. Someone posted a snipped in the first thread of a public record (which I am still trying to find) that shows Misty's mom filed suit against Jeremy Miller for repeated violence against Misty. The date listed in March 30, 2005 if anyone wants to help find the record. I am guessing searching for the Miller name is the most likely route. Misty would have been 13 then and is out on her own living with a man and his kids at the ripe old age of 17.

Someone needs to get the right timeline down, I don't know if it's the media, or if they are giving incorrect statements, something isn't right with this one though..certainly not right.

ABSOLUTELY 100% AGREE!!!!!!!

When is this country going to wake up and learn that CHILD OFFENDERS NEED TO BE PUT DOWN like rabid dogs.

I don't know. How many more children are going to be molested/abused/raped/killed before the laws are changed. I post and read over at the Houston Chronicle and it's hardly a day that goes by that there is not a story about some poor murdered child.

Just last night they posted an article about a man that put his GF's baby in the dryer and they reduced the charges and he will probably be out in 10 years with good behavior.

KOUNTZE — A Lumberton man was indicted Tuesday on a lesser assault charge over the burns his girlfriend’s toddler suffered in 2007 from being inside a clothes dryer.
A Hardin County grand jury indicted Bobby Lynn Curtis, 29, on a charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon — the hot dryer.
The 2-year-old girl was treated for first- and second-degree burns.
Curtis initially was charged with first-degree injury to a child, punishable by up to life in prison. But prosecutor David Sheffield said it may have been impossible to convict on the first-degree charge, so it was reduced. Curtis now could face two to 20 years in prison if convicted.
He remains jailed on $500,000 bail.

No excuse for this reduction..

I agree about the good ol' boy mentality. It is alive and well, at least here in MS. They watch out for family, and especially their kids. Not saying Ronald is a good ol' boy-but he could be.

Also, in regards to him being so angry at his gf. Perhaps he suspects more than what he is saying, or has spoken to LE about what he suspects and that is why he is so angry at her.
I would be pretty pi**ed too, and if I thought my childs disappearance could have been easily prevented I would be very angry at the person who was careless.

I am not reading to much into him being angry at the GF. I have been married to my husband for 12 years and once our son started running for the road when a car was coming. I caught him just in time, but my husband was pi**ed at me. He said I wasn't watching him close enough. It turned out later than he was just so upset about the thought of what could have happened. I was upset also. It was a split second the child took off running. I can totally understand him being upset with the gf. He needs someone to blame, even if it turns out not to be her fault.

I am not reading to much into him being angry at the GF. I have been married to my husband for 12 years and once our son started running for the road when a car was coming. I caught him just in time, but my husband was pi**ed at me. He said I wasn't watching him close enough. It turned out later than he was just so upset about the thought of what could have happened. I was upset also. It was a split second the child took off running. I can totally understand him being upset with the gf. He needs someone to blame, even if it turns out not to be her fault.

I have had that happen to me once. I just don't think though, that my husband would call me a dumb Bit** if my son had been run over..Grief would kick in, but not those words..

Looks like the family is blaming the girlfriend:

The grandmother said Croslin, the father's girlfriend, is not supposed to have contact with the family.
Griffis said she is suspicious of the 17-year-old. Even though Croslin, Cummings' girlfriend for three or four months, has been good with the children, Griffis questioned how the 5-year-old could possibly have been taken while Croslin was there in the same room
http://www.legacy.com/Gainesville/Obituaries.asp

What is wrong with the Kidfinders group? Did they support the Anthonys and that is why?

No it has nothing to do with the Anthony's. It has everything to do with they DO NOT SEARCH for children. They are also ran by people who have criminal backgrounds. Look and see how many people they have ever found!

I don't know. How many more children are going to be molested/abused/raped/killed before the laws are changed. I post and read over at the Houston Chronicle and it's hardly a day that goes by that there is not a story about some poor murdered child.

Just last night they posted an article about a man that put his GF's baby in the dryer and they reduced the charges and he will probably be out in 10 years with good behavior.

KOUNTZE — A Lumberton man was indicted Tuesday on a lesser assault charge over the burns his girlfriend’s toddler suffered in 2007 from being inside a clothes dryer.
A Hardin County grand jury indicted Bobby Lynn Curtis, 29, on a charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon — the hot dryer.
The 2-year-old girl was treated for first- and second-degree burns.
Curtis initially was charged with first-degree injury to a child, punishable by up to life in prison. But prosecutor David Sheffield said it may have been impossible to convict on the first-degree charge, so it was reduced. Curtis now could face two to 20 years in prison if convicted.
He remains jailed on $500,000 bail.

No excuse for this reduction..

OMG!! OT, but I agree..same here in Big D. That poor lil one must have been terrified. Can you imagine, at your age now even, being put in a dryer????GEEZE.

Sorry mods..the horror and sickness of that one is mind boggling.

ITA with you, and please know that I was not trying to attack your post when I wrote my last post. Simply adding my 2 cents and personal experience.

I agree about the good ol' boy mentality. It is alive and well, at least here in MS. They watch out for family, and especially their kids. Not saying Ronald is a good ol' boy-but he could be.

Also, in regards to him being so angry at his gf. Perhaps he suspects more than what he is saying, or has spoken to LE about what he suspects and that is why he is so angry at her.
I would be pretty pi**ed too, and if I thought my childs disappearance could have been easily prevented I would be very angry at the person who was careless.

It is alive & living in that part of Fl too. We bought a place about 45 min from there. The woods is thick & lots of them too in that area.

I doubt pi$$ed would be the right words to use if it were my child & I entrusted someone to care for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member