FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching Issues with JVM...I'm sure you have most of this on the thread but wanted to try to recap it anyway. TH=Talking Head for anyone not familiar. :p I didn't get all their names.

-Showing father on TV crying (I am not sure about his emotions there, of course after good old KC I am suspicious of everyone).

-Playing the 911 call from the GF, specifically talking about the brick by the door.

-Sheriff "all the world's a suspect".

-Sheriff Jeff Hardy on phone. Deputies on scene shortly after 911 call, major crimes unit called out, and then child abduction response team. Search by air, water, ground throughout day. JVM asking him how the GF, younger boy and Hayleigh were all in the same bed and weren't disturbed, or if she was taken right when the GF went to the bathroom. Hardy says she saw her at 10p and woke up to go to the bathroom and noticed her missing and the door ajar. Hardy says they are unsure of what exactly went on there, whether she noticed before/after she went to the bathroom. Everyone is still a suspect, FBI on scene, conducting polygraphs, results not available yet, everyone cooperative. They are thoroughly looking at inconsistencies in any of the stories. "We've got a bad situation here".

-Jennifer B, reporter, says a lot of people from Caylee's case are coming to help (different LE agencies). JVM asks about bio mom, Crystal S. She doesn't have custody, lives near FL/GA border. Has visitation, had good relationship with ex (although the screen below says grandmother says their relationship "rocky").

-Showing Crystal S, mother, asking for her to be returned.

-Caller asks if connection to Caylee through "Zanny the Nanny". TH says not likely, except they are in FL. Another caller, why all the missing kids in FL? Jennifer B says high population makes it more likely, but it is very frustrating for everyone in FL to deal with.

-JVM asks a TH why 911 operator asked GF not to touch the door...because it might be evidence. Why did she wait so long to call 911, what 17 y/o gets up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

-Brian R, psych doc, says look at family first as always.

Gosh, I had to play catch up here! Whew!

I am SO angry that KFN is there. Did anyone get in touch with KB yet?! Someone needs to get in touch with Mark K. before KFN can get their hands on funding needs for this little girl. KFN needs to be run out of town via rail and fast!!! GRRRRR!!!!

Oh, I understand remote areas, we live "out in the sticks" but our local convience store "out in the sticks" has great cameras, and to get to any major town or highway you would have to pass something similar. It was just a thought, but I'm sure LE has already done this.

Are you familiar with the area? Not give away your location, just wondering if you know the area? I hope its ok to ask?:eek:

Yes i dont live there now but i went to the same school as the little girl. My parents lived right down the road but they moved a few years ago. so yes ive been around there alot.

GF's prior boyfriend is in jail till 2014 as a sex offender against child between 12 & 15. Her mother's name in listed on the request for temporary injunction, and then the criminal case by the state comes right after that. The cases were in Flagler County, and he is incarcerated in Brevard County Medium Security.

As if it couldn't get any worse!
OMG, I am horrified at what may have happened to this baby girl.

Gosh, I had to play catch up here! Whew!

I am SO angry that KFN is there. Did anyone get in touch with KB yet?! Someone needs to get in touch with Mark K. before KFN can get their hands on funding needs for this little girl. KFN needs to be run out of town via rail and fast!!! GRRRRR!!!!
Hey SS! And amen to that! If you haven't read it yet, Tim is on the way there. In the earlier presser LE said they had three groups coming....

I dunno when he was released but I do know when he registered this address:
Source: Registration
Received: 02/21/2008
Type of Address: Permanent

Yes, I posted this in an earlier post as the date of his photo but I can't seem to find exactly what he did or when he was released. From looking at his page I see 2008 so I think he served a year. Maybe he was just recently released. His residence is just over 500 feet from Haleigh's home...500 feet
I will be shocked senseless if he isn't involved.

GF's prior boyfriend is in jail till 2014 as a sex offender against child between 12 & 15. Her mother's name in listed on the request for temporary injunction, and then the criminal case by the state comes right after that. The cases were in Flagler County, and he is incarcerated in Brevard County Medium Security.
was this the same bf that someone pressed charges against on her behalf? Could this be a parent angry that their daughter is sleeping with an older guy? Just wondering. I once saw a documentary on teens who had to carry the title of so for having sex as teens and getting busted by the girls parents. Just throwing it out there for discussion....

Watching Issues with JVM...I'm sure you have most of this on the thread but wanted to try to recap it anyway. TH=Talking Head for anyone not familiar. :p I didn't get all their names.

-Sheriff Jeff Hardy on phone. Deputies on scene shortly after 911 call, major crimes unit called out, and then child abduction response team. Search by air, water, ground throughout day. JVM asking him how the GF, younger boy and Hayleigh were all in the same bed and weren't disturbed, or if she was taken right when the GF went to the bathroom. Hardy says she saw her at 10p and woke up to go to the bathroom and noticed her missing and the door ajar. Hardy says they are unsure of what exactly went on there, whether she noticed before/after she went to the bathroom. Everyone is still a suspect, FBI on scene, conducting polygraphs, results not available yet, everyone cooperative. They are thoroughly looking at inconsistencies in any of the stories. "We've got a bad situation here".

**snipped and bolded by me**

This isn't making any sense. Gf last saw her at 10 - when Haleigh went to bed. Then what? Gf goes to bed sometime before getting up at 3 to pee. Didn't she "look in" or check on the kids before going to bed? Wasn't it said they were all in the same bed? Didn't gf check the doors before going to bed?

Still have not seen pic of gf or any video or statement. Probably because she is a minor but still............

Her story is not adding up at all. I just don't have a real good feeling about this.

was this the same bf that someone pressed charges against on her behalf? Could this be a parent angry that their daughter is sleeping with an older guy? Just wondering. I once saw a documentary on teens who had to carry the title of so for having sex as teens and getting busted by the girls parents. Just throwing it out there for discussion....

Yes, this is the same guy. GF's mother got temporary restraining order, and same day the criminal charges were filed against him. It must have been a pretty bad case because he was sentenced to 8 years. There is also another girl that filed for a restraining order against him during the same time period. No telling what this means as far as the missing girl, but it surely doesn't sound good.

Little Dominick has an AMBER Alert in Arkansas. He also went missing yesterday. Yet, no news, no coverage, no huge reward. It would be nice if a few people from here would check out his thread.

I understand the draw to Haleigh's case. Another little girl missing in FL. But it would be nice to have this amount of interest in others as well.

Dominick's thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79549

I agree with Amity about the media being the difference in how much attention is being paid to these cases. Dominick is a beautiful boy and as soon as I saw him my heart hurt. I am equally baffled about what happened but, I would bet (in Haleigh's case) the media is also picking up on their individual hinkey meters and they are pushing and asking lots of questions of lots of people which results in lots more attention and lots more reports called in. The questions surrounding Haleigh's vanishing have attracted alot of attention, people sluething, trying to figure out what happened. In Dominick's case, there is very little detail and not much doubt being expressed about the story.

~just thinking online~

**snipped and bolded by me**

This isn't making any sense. Gf last saw her at 10 - when Haleigh went to bed. Then what? Gf goes to bed sometime before getting up at 3 to pee. Didn't she "look in" or check on the kids before going to bed? Wasn't it said they were all in the same bed? Didn't gf check the doors before going to bed?

Still have not seen pic of gf or any video or statement. Probably because she is a minor but still............

Her story is not adding up at all. I just don't have a real good feeling about this.

Does anyone else find it odd that a 5 year old would be sent to bed at 10?, ,even after going to school all day long?
I would think that child would be asleep on her own way before then.

Yes, this is the same guy. GF's mother got temporary restraining order, and same day the criminal charges were filed against him. It must have been a pretty bad case because he was sentenced to 8 years. There is also another girl that filed for a restraining order against him during the same time period. No telling what this means as far as the missing girl, but it surely doesn't sound good.
But isn't this ex-bf (J. Miller right?) isn't he still in prison?

Does anyone else find it odd that a 5 year old would be sent to bed at 10?, ,even after going to school all day long?

I think she was put to bed at eight.

You are right! Thanks for shinning the light on that for me sue

Yep - both mine were!!! At 5 - they were in bed by 8 (latest) and out by 8:30. So where is this 10PM timeline coming in - is that when the gf went to bed? Just like 10 is late for a 5 yr old - I think 10 is a little early for a 17 yr old.

Idaho4Groenes,

You're totally right on with this post of yours.

I went to the link/WS.
I wanted to find out more, more details, what was seen, has anyone complained about strange vehicles in the area, etc.
I Googled, not much.
I used Yahoo's Search, still not much.

This little boy is too darn precious, and disappeared just as 'mysteriously' not to have the same media attention as any other child who has disappeared under 'unusual' circumstances.

My only reason for it.....the media.
But why? What 'rules' are there in media-speak for making one missing child more important than the next?

Certain 'rules' need to apply in order for an Amber Alert to be sent out.
I think certain 'rules' also need to be applied for getting the word out about a possible abducted child, via media.

As soon as a child is missing/abducted, there should be a list, criteria that is followed...not just the usual; what the child was wearing, when was he/she seen last, what color hair but I think there should be a list that media must follow, maybe 3 things.
And then it would be mandatory that all media/local news/local papers have to announce daily updates on that missing child.

Nancy Grace grates on my nerves most days but she's got a good thing at the end of her show, every night she runs a pic of a fallen military person, their age, their family they left behind, etc. She honors one fallen soldier a night.
Why can't local TV stations do something similar?
Two minutes at the end of every newscast, update the missing children in ....just throwing a number out there....a 100 mile radius.

I'm shaking my head here because I just don't understand it.

I know this it way OT, but I'm just upset....still not over the memorial yesterday, I guess.

I wrote to the local news station and have not rec'd a reply. I blogged on their site and I was the ONLY BLOGGER! What's up with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix