FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me and you are in the same boat here. There's something wrong with this picture. Not only am I curious about the door, I want to know WTH breaks into a house and turns the light on? The GF said when she woke up to go to the bathroom, she noticed the kitchen light on, which drew her attention to the back door. Who would do that, and on top of everything else, not only did this person turn the light on....they left it on! WTH!

I feel the same way, who the heck walks into a house and turns the light on so they can find their way around the house to take a child out of the house and leave the light on.

The "dead-bolted" door bothers me too because the father said it was up high enough so that Haleigh couldn't reach it. Anyone trying to break through a dead bolted door would surely make a heck of a lot of noise especially at night when it is so quiet. You have to work really, really hard to break through a "dead-door".

I live in a mobile home community and when my neighbor comes home from work at 3:00 AM and she "slams" her car door, it wakes me up.

Has anyone speculated on what the item(s) of interest are that were found?

Was it one item or multiple items?

Did they mention "DNA" testing or what?

If DNA, is it safe to assume that they are testing for Haleigh's, thus the return to "square 1" the house? (to gather known DNA of hers to compare)?

I am thinking if they are testing DNA that they found something(s) of Haleigh's. That would be limited if she was in a pink t-shirt and underwear only. They seemed so positive, not sad or negative yesterday when talking about the find(s).

In the back of my mind I am wondering if just maybe they found her discarded, cut hair? Someone who intends to kill a child wouldn't cut her hair, that would be to disguise a living child for transportation right? Just pondering here...and hoping that she is still alive.

Then again, they may have just found cigarette butts or soda cans or something that they will run through a DNA database looking for a perp...

It was "items", and I watched the presser and did not get the impression that they were feeling positive...just glad they had found something that would point them in the right direction. Tim said last not on GVS...the outcome did not look good.

The door bothers me. They say they hardly ever use it, but yet Dad says he makes sure he locks it every day. Well if no one is using it....why ya gotta lock it every day. He did not say he checks it...he says he locks it and goes on tho say how hard it is to close. And then, say he locks it. Does that mean she never unlocks it once he goes to work? They just go into way to much detail about the dang door. Anyway there is my mornin ramble.....lol

I mentioned this same thing yesterday but didn't notice if anyone commented on it.

although I don't think dad or g/f had anything to do with H's disappearance, I do have a sick feeling that g/f went out that night and probably came home at 3am to find H missing and all Hell broke loose.

It was "items", and I watched the presser and did not get the impression that they were feeling positive...just glad they had found something that would point them in the right direction. Tim said last not on GVS...the outcome did not look good.

I caught Tim's comment also. I trust him and he's always truthful. That was sad to hear.

Twitter: Extremely quiet morning. Rain is hindering search efforts. Only 3 news vans v. 20 yesterday.

Do we know if all family members have allowed searches at their homes?

I mentioned this same thing yesterday but didn't notice if anyone commented on it.

although I don't think dad or g/f had anything to do with H's disappearance, I do have a sick feeling that g/f went out that night and probably came home at 3am to find H missing and all Hell broke loose.

I hope dad and gf didn't have anything to do with it. But Occam's razor and all...............did I spell that right...lol. There is just too much hink. And if there is hink, there is usually stink.:crazy:

I hope dad and gf didn't have anything to do with it. But Occam's razor and all...............did I spell that right...lol. There is just too much hink. And if there is hink, there is usually stink.:crazy:

That should be your signature.

I feel the same way, who the heck walks into a house and turns the light on so they can find their way around the house to take a child out of the house and leave the light on.

The "dead-bolted" door bothers me too because the father said it was up high enough so that Haleigh couldn't reach it. Anyone trying to break through a dead bolted door would surely make a heck of a lot of noise especially at night when it is so quiet. You have to work really, really hard to break through a "dead-door".

I live in a mobile home community and when my neighbor comes home from work at 3:00 AM and she "slams" her car door, it wakes me up.

Last night I posted a theory on this and I will repost rather than search all the threads for my previous. Maybe Haleigh woke up because she heard someone come in and thought it was daddy home from work. She is 5, so she would be able to turn on the light. Dad did say that she said she would see him after work....maybe this was a fairly regular schedule for her. The perp then picked her up and took her out the back door. Thinking about it now...after having a good nights sleep though, brings up the "she would have made noise not knowing this person" and how/why did he put the brick in front of the door if he was trying to get out fast. ???

It may not be an issue in this case, but I wish the courts would reconsider some of the child support orders they issue. There would probably be fewer abductions/murders in this country by the non-custodial parent if their child support orders were more reasonable. There certainly is no excusing abduction or murder, but taking $323/mo. from someone making only $949 doesn't leave very much for living expenses. This isn't even close to the worst example I've heard.

While I understand your opinion, I'm on the other side of the fence dealing with a father who wants to continue paying $58 a week for THREE teenage sons. He's equally responsible for their needs.

Twitter: Extremely quiet morning. Rain is hindering search efforts. Only 3 news vans v. 20 yesterday.

Wondered about the weather down there. It's been pouring here in the Panhandle since last night.

Does anyone know offhand the name of Misty's brother that lives in the same neighborhood? TIA

Misty has 2 brothers Timothy and Tommy. Tommy lives behind the Cummings home. 116 Tyler Street.

Has anyone speculated on what the item(s) of interest are that were found?

Was it one item or multiple items?

Did they mention "DNA" testing or what?

If DNA, is it safe to assume that they are testing for Haleigh's, thus the return to "square 1" the house? (to gather known DNA of hers to compare)?

I am thinking if they are testing DNA that they found something(s) of Haleigh's. That would be limited if she was in a pink t-shirt and underwear only. They seemed so positive, not sad or negative yesterday when talking about the find(s).

In the back of my mind I am wondering if just maybe they found her discarded, cut hair? Someone who intends to kill a child wouldn't cut her hair, that would be to disguise a living child for transportation right? Just pondering here...and hoping that she is still alive.

Then again, they may have just found cigarette butts or soda cans or something that they will run through a DNA database looking for a perp...

This is way better than my guess, which was bread crumbs:)

There was a contempt of court filed the 9th right? And we really don't know what or who filed it.....could that have been the catalyst for whatever happened? One thing that bothers me is that Haleigh was of an age that she could talk...and if there were things she knew or had seen and might tell.....that worries me.

Last night I posted a theory on this and I will repost rather than search all the threads for my previous. Maybe Haleigh woke up because she heard someone come in and thought it was daddy home from work. She is 5, so she would be able to turn on the light. Dad did say that she said she would see him after work....maybe this was a fairly regular schedule for her. The perp then picked her up and took her out the back door. Thinking about it now...after having a good nights sleep though, brings up the "she would have made noise not knowing this person" and how/why did he put the brick in front of the door if he was trying to get out fast. ???

Yup, if Haleigh got up and turned on the light thinking it was her daddy and someone else was in the house she would have done something unless of course the person that came into the house was someone she knows.

OK, I can't find the picture - sigh...on NG last night at the beginning there was video of the back of the trailer. I noticed the A/C unit on the back corner by the back door ramp. Now, if you have ever had your A/C serviced, you know that the guy comes in and out, in and out from the outside unit to the inside.

My suspicion is that he opened and propped the door to do the service. When done, forgot to shut the door behind him because he came into the house to talk to gf about what he did and get a signature, etc. He probably left by the front door.

Maybe he just pushed the door towards closed but since it is hard to close and requires pushing hard to lock, it didn't close all the way. Screen was still propped open with cinderblock...he could have even left through this back door and the door didn't close properly.

I don't think gf did anything other than maybe something mildly neglectful and opportunity was there for the "bad guy/girl"...

Gf maybe didn't check it before bed like she said and is afraid to say so because then this would be her fault in her eyes (and dad's eyes). Or maybe she did check it every night or most nights and just THINKS she did this night. How's this sound?

Only thing that doesn't compute is if she did laundry that night and the laundry room is right by the door - she would have noticed it open...:waitasec: Kitchen light also doesn't compute...

This is the post with the map that was done by JWG of the route of the tracking dogs.
[I don’t know how to bring this over to this thread]
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3307947&postcount=318

I looked up the owner of the home that Haleigh live in and did a search to see if the same people owned any place else. They do.
These are the address for google: [use Satsuma for phone/street address look up]
202 Green Ln, Putnam, Florida 32189
200 Monroe Ave Putnam, Florida 32189
201 Monroe Ave Putnam, Florida 32189
212 Monroe Ave Putnam, Florida 32189
102 Hoover Ln Putnam, Florida 32189
104 Hoover Ln Putnam, Florida 32189
103 Buchanan Cir Putnam, Florida 32189

Start at Green Ln and go straight to 200 Monroe, then to 201 Monroe and then to 212 Monroe follow around onto Buchanan Cir all the way back towards the river and continue back around still on Buchanan make a left onto Hoover Ln, both properties being on the corner, back out left onto Buchanan, right onto Monroe and left onto Tyler and out to Buffalo Bluff Rd. at the tracks. This is the same route that the dogs followed if I have my directions correct.

Google wont take you all the way around in a big circle because it always picks the shortest route but if you put the addresses in you can follow it and see it’s the same. [I have no idea how to post it so you will have to input the addresses into google map in the order yourself and then look at that map compared to the map by JWG.

I may be making a mountain out of a molehill but it does make me wonder. The owners have two phone numbers. The owners have one address in PA and one on FL at the 201 Monroe Ave. Address so I believe that this may be their snowbird/vacation address.

-I’m thinking about the A/C guy’s vehicle. Would he have gone to each of the homes and serviced all of the units for each rental plus the one that the owner uses and made his way back around Buchanan Cir back to Monroe and then on out of the park. I know it’s been reported that he was cleared but would he have keys to the homes that someone else could have copied at some point.
-Could Haleigh’s blanket in ‘the van’ that Misty’ mentions have gone the same way and the dogs tracked that. I do not know if that would be possible? Would tracking dogs pick up a scent in a vehicle if the windows were rolled down?

This could be just a common way to go in and out of this area so almost anyone would pass by these homes but then why would the dogs track it.

Just putting this out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member