FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? I'm in rural SC and our young uns mean alot to us. Wonder if we could have ran across each other.

Perhaps. I am in Upstate, SC. Feel free to PM. I am in fear of a time-out if I defend the "dirty south" much more. LOL

Oh, h@ll, why not? Do the many who keep talking about these folks think for one minute that because they may live north of the Mason D. Line, live in a nice brick home but abuse their alcohol/substances/spouses in private, and have BS degrees love their children MORE than a poor, redneck in the south loves theirs???? Judge not...

Retired elementary school teacher here. Taught 30 years--grades 2 through 6.
I am in Missouri and we ranked really low on the pay scale per state. We also have MANY rural low income areas.
You can google for info state by state.
We were in the lower and always knew we would at least outrank Arkansas.
Success for a child depends on many things--even the child's ability to learn.
Let us all avoid generalities.

Praise to families who care for the education of their kids and promote high standards.
karen
I agree. Slightly OT, are ya still on your road trip?

I know this will sound out of place, but why do people put pictures of their children on places like My place or whatever it is called? Don't they realize they are exposing their children to the whole world? Don't they know there are nuts out there.. do they think that those same nuts cannot find out where they live and everything about them? There are times I wish there was no internet. I am an old lady and I have seen a lot but I cannot understand all these abductions by predators and others. I think people need to protect their children a whole lot more. The only people who should know your children are your relatives , neighbors and schools. It makes me sick every time pictures of children are plastered all over the internet. What are they thinking?
This is a big issue for me as well, it is maddening.

Tim Miller, founder of Equusearch, said he spent about 2 1/2 hours comforting the father this morning. That included 20 minutes in the woods showing him some of the search teams.

"He got teary-eyed, he hugged me and said, 'Thank you. Thank you,'" Miller said. "He's holding onto hope that Haleigh's still alive, but he's facing reality. He said, 'If she's not alive, find he for me.'"

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/me...y_of_search_for_haleigh_brings_sense_of_gloom
This is why Tim needs to be where he is...his compassion, his kindness, and his dedication are gifts which people deserve to know when they are in such a horrible position.

What a difference it makes when the family supports their efforts and understands why TES is there. I know Tim must be relieved not to be dragged through the mud on this search. It is difficult enough looking for this beautiful little girl under these circumstances. Bravo, Tim and TES!!

I am still standing behind Ronnie...right beside Tim.

I 100% disagree! My son whom is 15 years old ranks in the top 300 in the United States as a 10th grader with classes being taken right now that will be credited in college before he even gets there. He was born in the south and goes to a southern public school. It is not the system, it is what a child makes of their education and the support they receive from home.
Not just by race but by class? What is that supposed to mean?

OT/ Well... we know where he gets his 'smarts' from......:)

I agree. Public school teachers make about 1/4 of what they make in other parts of the country. It is disgusting.

The public school teachers in my county in Florida start at $42,000. Are you telling me there are public school districts in America that pay over $150K per year?

This is why Tim needs to be where he is...his compassion, his kindness, and his dedication are gifts which people deserve to know when they are in such a horrible position.

What a difference it makes when the family supports their efforts and understands why TES is there. I know Tim must be relieved not to be dragged through the mud on this search. It is difficult enough looking for this beautiful little girl under these circumstances. Bravo, Tim and TES!!

I am still standing behind Ronnie...right beside Tim.

OMG..that so breaks my heart...

Gainesville Twitter:

Family & friends have gathered with each family at two seperate locations. Media is turned away at the Cummings' home.

http://twitter.com/GSReporters

Hi Elphaba, Ta for the Twitter link.

I didn't know this, read it at your link: "# father just handed over custody of son to police about 14 hours ago from txt"

That was stated last night.

Bravo!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I asked Marc K. twice (on his threads) to please take Ronnie under his wing. I hope he steps in to guide him through this nightmare. Ronnie needs someone who will provide him with sage advice and who can really understand his position. George wasn't that person, imo.

Hmmm...imagine that?! Well placed correspondence can be such a useful tool. :) Kudos to the people who made this possible!

:clap::clap:just want to second that.

Perhaps. I am in Upstate, SC. Feel free to PM. I am in fear of a time-out if I defend the "dirty south" much more. LOL

Oh, h@ll, why not? Do the many who keep talking about these folks think for one minute that because they may live north of the Mason D. Line, live in a nice brick home but abuse their alcohol/substances/spouses in private, and have BS degrees love their children MORE than a poor, redneck in the south loves theirs???? Judge not...

Amen, Silk.

I looked at a few MySpace pages of family members (mostly female) & noticed it's pretty run of the mill for them to live the 'barefoot & pregnant' lifestyle..It's hard for many of us to relate to much of this "culture" but it is what it is.

Why are people checking out the families of this couple? What do they have to do with this little girl missing? It never fails..a child goes missing and the parents and families get torn to shreds for no good reason. Why not stick to finding this little girl? Isn't that what this forum is all about!

Yes, that is their culture and there is nothing wrong with it. Keep the women barefoot and pregnant...like that doesn't happen in the cities that we live in.
Get a grip for pity sake. I know a lot of families that have more children then they can probably afford but it isn't me raising them so it's none of my business.

My dad was raised in Arkansas and I'm sure that some of you would have some very negative things to say about the people there. I don't live in the south but I live in redneck country and love it. Good people live here and most don't run around with a stick up their rears thinking they are so much better then other people. That is how some of you are coming off. If everyone doesn't live the way you think they should then they are a step below you. How judgmental.

None of us know this father or how he lives or anything about him or about his girlfriend. I doubt that he is abusive...he was very angry, upset, and scared to death when he found his daughter missing. Yes, he called his girlfriend a bad name which doesn't mean he does it all of the time so don't assume. Who knows how you would act if your child disappeared from her bedroom. It just amazes me how judgmental and goody goody some people are on here. I'll bet everyone here has skeltons in their closet and would hate for them to come out on a forum. Give this family a break and focus on the little girl that this is supposed to be about instead of picking everyone apart.

Hi Elphaba, Ta for the Twitter link.

I didn't know this, read it at your link: "# father just handed over custody of son to police about 14 hours ago from txt"

That was stated last night.

:confused: Why?

WJXT from Jacksonville is hosting a special and looks like will be carrying the PC for those in the viewing area.

I'm puzzled about what they may have found in the woods.

It almost seems like it was evidence that she left on her own - but that they are not hopeful about finding her alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti