2009.02.18 Haleigh's Parents Taken to Sheriff's Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last "official" track I had on her, they did say in the afternoon presser, she had been re-interviewed today. Don't know if it was on-going or not.

Yep, in the one presser LE said they had interviewed her "several times".

I read in this article Misty was brought to the sheriff's with them all:

"Ronald Cummings and Crystal Sheffield, Haleigh's parents, along with the father's girlfriend, Misty Croslin, were each brought to the sheriff's office."
http://www.news4jax.com/news/18742867/detail.html

Now i don't know what to make of it:confused: other than that they are turning up the heat on Misty

LE did this to lead the perp into feeling confident they weren't on to him...Then shwoooooosh....LE moved in when the time was right.

Yes, there was a short presser at 4, didnt say much, there is a reward of 16,000. 10,000 from a satsuma local, 1,000 from crimestoppers, and 5,000 from Carol Sund Foundation
They have impounded a vehile and processed it, but wont say whose vehicle
They are recieving tips and following all tips recieved
and, uh....thats about it

I wondered why LE wasn't calling CR at least a POI? Because unless he's alreaday been cleared (ie incarcerated or out of state) I figured they just didn't want to scare him off until he could be found and questioned.

Re vehicle seizure IIRC CR's vehicle was located earlier. In the meantime did LE perhaps since get a SW to now impound and search? Maybe this is it. JMO

:parrot:

I'm not going to argue with Mr. Huff but I thought the contempt of court was against the Bio-mom for non-payment of Child support?

I'm sure someone will be along to clear things up for me ...TIA:)

Maybe she's under arrest and that's what they told the parents today at the police station.

The artical you quoted does not say that Misty was brought in.
Did you misquote it?

I don't know, I was wondering that myself.

One can only surmise that they will and the press conference will enthrall us with how they being LE are looking for Haleigh, although all searches have been suspended, they are following up on tips, they are requesting folks just come to headquarters now (such a long drive out to the trailer park, bad cell phone reception and internet service ya know). :bang:
Please note extreme sarcasm

Oh that's right! and you're right!! I just couldn't believe she had that splashed across the screen.. I don't know why it shocked me..

i was surprised too. i think it even said "" and "B**CH"

Although, when you read Truecrimereport.com I am also swayed in a different direction.

www.truecrimereport.com -- Steve Huff is the blogger for those now familiar.

I couldn't disagree more with this person's take on things. For one, this child has Turner's Syndrome and I believe it is an immunodeficiency disease. Having a child with an immunodeficiency disease myself, God knows how much school he has missed due to sickness. Can't hold that against the parents.

Although the father and GF aren't the brightest bulbs in the pack (not trying to be cruel here, honestly), I truly get the feeling that the father is genuine and cares deeply for his child. He's been out on horseback looking for her and begging for TES to stay.

I do have issue with him leaving the kids in the care of the GF and her ability to care for these children, but other than that I don't think he had anything to do with this. It's just a gut feeling I have and usually I'm right when I trust my gut...

I wondered why LE wasn't calling CR at least a POI? Because unless he's alreaday been cleared (ie incarcerated or out of state) I figured they just didn't want to scare him off until he could be found and questioned.

Re vehicle seizure IIRC CR's vehicle was located earlier. In the meantime did LE perhaps since get a SW to now impound and search? Maybe this is it. JMO

I want to correct my post--Someone in the audience asked if there was a vehicle "seized" (not impounded) and the first spokesman said no, and the other one spoke up, and said yes, but wouldnt comment on it. I cant remember right now why, but I got the feeling then that the car was returned....

c316ac0e-b41a-4ac9-9ad9-3fb8efa58bb5.Small.jpg

If I keep reading all this disturbing information I think I will look like this lol

http://www.wesh.com/news/18743397/detail.html

"A recent tip suggested that Haleigh’s father’s girlfriend, Misty Croslin, 17, was not home when Haleigh disappeared. Croslin told police she put Haleigh to bed the night before she went missing and was home the entire time. Haleigh’s paternal grandmother said the tip is not true."That’s a crock. I went by the house that night. I know. She was there," Annette Sykes said. "I went by around 7."

She could have went out after 7pm, imo she'd wait til she knew kinfolk elsewhere would be asleep. If someone "went by" do they mean drove buy or stopped by?

So, nothing new here at all. I think that LE just wanted them all down to the station so they could talk to them again. Re-interviewing for more information.

I read in this article Misty was brought to the sheriff's with them all:

"Ronald Cummings and Crystal Sheffield, Haleigh's parents, along with the father's girlfriend, Misty Croslin, were each brought to the sheriff's office."
http://www.news4jax.com/news/18742867/detail.html

Now i don't know what to make of it:confused: other than that they are turning up the heat on Misty

It really says "Ronald Cummings and Crystal Sheffield, Haleigh's parents, were each brought to the sheriff's office."
Nothing about Misty being brought in.
Maybe it was editied after you posted it.

Oh that's right! and you're right!! I just couldn't believe she had that splashed across the screen.. I don't know why it shocked me..

Right I gotcha... It is hard to swallow when someone that is supposed to love you says something like that. Someone you love that loves you isn't supposed to talk like that, even in an awful terrible situation. But little children aren't supposed to go missing either and that happens too... Sending xoxoxoxoxo's :blowkiss: and prayers :angel: for Haleigh!!

Turners syndrome is not an immunodeficiancy condition. It is a chromosomal deletion condition affecting various hormones.

I am positive I read that she was seen after dad left for work, and he was at work. Whatever else I think I really, really doubt the dad had anything to do with it.

Everyone says Ron is a hot head....I cannot begin to tell you how I would BLOW if someone took my child. I'll tell you that Ron would be considered mild mannered in comparison to me.

I was basing on arrest record and reports of domestic violence. Others in the family seem to suggest dad would kill whoever was responsible. Just saying LE doesn't need a second murder on their hands, especially if gf has info and could be a valuable witness. If that's the case, she would be facing false statements, obstruction, tampering etc... but I think that's getting ahead of myself. JMO

I couldn't disagree more with this person's take on things. For one, this child has Turner's Syndrome and I believe it is an immunodeficiency disease. Having a child with an immunodeficiency disease myself, God knows how much school he has missed due to sickness. Can't hold that against the parents.

Although the father and GF aren't the brightest bulbs in the pack (not trying to be cruel here, honestly), I truly get the feeling that the father is genuine and cares deeply for his child. He's been out on horseback looking for her and begging for TES to stay.

I do have issue with him leaving the kids in the care of the GF and her ability to care for these children, but other than that I don't think he had anything to do with this. It's just a gut feeling I have and usually I'm right when I trust my gut...

Tabby, I agree with you. I still believe Misty is the key to all of this. But just throwing other theories as food for thought. I have a niece with Turners Syndrome so I do understand it a little bit. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value