CA Knew Winnie The Pooh Blanket Missing

Maybe she was keeping it from getting dusty in the garage. I don't think she was trying to hide a laundry bag. Maybe they were on sale so she bought 2.

Same with the folding toothbrush. That is where it ended up. And with coolers, if you can pack them inside each other, bravo! They take up a ton of room.

In fact, if she wanted to get rid of evidence, she and GA had plenty of opportunity to do so and none of this stuff would have been found at the house.

Snip

As for the laundry bag....it's important to note that the canvas laundry bag was found in the garage on the top shelf ABOVE THE WASHING MACHINE in a black bag with red handles. What is so unusual about finding a laundry bag above the washing machine? What I suspect is that when KC backed her car into the garage to dispose of Caylee's body, she tried to find something to put it in and grabbed the one found with the body from the top shelf above the washing machine where the other one was found during the search warrant.

SNIP

Bolded by me

DH and I actually considered the same idea this evening.

But - have you looked at the pix of the shelving above the washing machine ? IMO, Casey could not reach that top shelf with all the stuff without a step stool/ladder etc. And if the laundry bags were stored on that shelf inside a black plastic garbage bag, I just can't see her rooting around looking for it. Nope, she grabbed something quick, on an impulse. Getting one of those bags down from inside a bag on that top shelf would've been neither quick nor impulsive.

It's not impossible to imagine. Admittedly, I'm not meticulous. And with all the commuting I do, I practically live in my car. I tend to collect alot of stuff in my car throughout the week. Then, come weekend, I find that I need to pick someone up for lunch and whatnot and I hurry up and throw all the loose stuff (fallen lipsticks, CDs, papers I've brought home from work, etc.) in a plastic or paper bag before I leave and deposit it in the garage to be gone through and sorted at a later date. I probably have 3 or 4 such bags sitting in the garage right now. Later...I'll get to it later...

As for the laundry bag....it's important to note that the canvas laundry bag was found in the garage on the top shelf ABOVE THE WASHING MACHINE in a black bag with red handles. What is so unusual about finding a laundry bag above the washing machine? What I suspect is that when KC backed her car into the garage to dispose of Caylee's body, she tried to find something to put it in and grabbed the one found with the body from the top shelf above the washing machine where the other one was found during the search warrant.

I honestly don't expect Cindy to be able to identify and remember every single thing she owns in her home. She lived with George, Casey and, at one time, Lee. Surely you don't expect her to remember every item in her house, brought in by herself and 3 others? When law enforcement says "is anything missing?", do you really think she's going to remember that she had 2 laundry bags up there? Do you know how many times I buy something at the grocery store not knowing whether or not I have it in my house, only to find when I get home that I have 2 of them already? Do you know how many unused toothbrushes (and old used ones) are in my home? I find them in drawers, in cabinets, in the laundry room. I couldn't tell you right now how many I owned or if any of them were missing.

I don't like the way the A's have handled alot of this, but I am not foolish enough to think they should be PERFECT. They ARE human beings. They DO forget things just like the rest of us. I mean, they HAVE been preoccupied with their mind set on their granddaughter and their daughter. You don't think they might have blocked out the existence of a missing laundry bag that, until Caylee was found, they probably didn't even remember they had in the first place? Give these people a break. JHC!

I am so thankful nobody asks me of the whereabouts of anything in my junk drawer!

Thank goodness for some common sense, finally! People seem to think that Cindy should have had a mental inventory in her mind of everything that ever existed inside that household as well as some type of ESP that told her when something had been removed. I only hope that none of us ever have reason to be held to the same standards that we expect of Cindy.

I wonder if CA regrets the statement that she made in front of LE that the Winnie the Pooh blanket was missing now that the documents have been released?

something that I found strange is that the Winnie the Pooh blanket was with Caylee's body. However, the people Mag pics when Caylee was first missing has a pic of Cindy looking sad in Caylee's room WITH the comforter, bumpers on the bed. Then in the photo's of Caylee's bedroom released today...no sheets or comforter on the bed. Did Cindy replace the bedding? Did Casey replace the bedding? Or is this another blanket entirely? Because I got the feeling that this blanket was the top blanket to her crib blanket set.

I wonder if CA regrets the statement that she made in front of LE that the Winnie the Pooh blanket was missing now that the documents have been released?

I have no doubt that Cindy regrets the fact that the blanket was missing.

I don't know about most people but as a mother who did laundry in a house. I can tell you what clothes they all have. I doubt Casey ever did laundry while she lived there. Lee either, George either. I would bet Cindy washed, ironed, hung up in closet and put away in their drawers all of everyone's clothes.

It appears she is ocd when it comes to that stuff. After Caylee was missing 5 weeks. She admitted to washing her bedding weekly. She admitted to LE that the blanket was missing because she had to....she was caught....simple.

Yuri's report does indicate CA knew it was missing prior to the remains being found. The link is on another thread, sorry. Yuri states that he was in the living room waiting to execute the search warrent. CA was reading it. CA spontaneously stated that Caylee's Winnie The Pooh blanket was missing. The winnie the pooh blanket was part of a bedroom ensemble. As part of any missing child's report LE will ask if anything of the child's is missing. Even if CA didn't realize it at the beginning, she did realize it afterward and should have informed LE.

I'll try to look at the glass as "half full" and say, hey at least she spoke up then when the body was found. ( I could have imagined her trying to bluff it out, denying that it came from that set, saying "Zanny" must have purchased it etc.) Actually it did not make any difference to the investigation that she told them then rather than earlier. Not saying she didn't obstruct in other ways.

I'm curious if that is the same blanket that she had mentioned in the interview with Greta, when they are touring the house, and Greta asked if Caseys room is like it usually was and Cindy says it was except there were usually some of Caylees toys and a blanket on the bed. IIRC Caylee slept in Caseys room at least some of the time, so I wonder if that Winnie the Pooh blanket was there.

The problem I have with Cindy is that she thinks whatever is not important to her is NOT relevant, she did not give the LE....i.e. the receipt from JCP...she told LE i"t wasn't important, nothing you need to know". I still think and I agree with you on a hamper and blanket being missing...BUT she should have reported it as such, even if she didn't think it was important. In her defense, I think she stated that none of Caylee's clothes were missing.

How many other things has she kept secret that she didn't think were important....like washing clothes and a knife from abandoned car? We don't even know what else could have been in that car that she didn't report....she is just very frustrating..I find it extremely difficult to defend her, even if she needs it...I guess I will have to work on that.

It was hidden inside another bag which in my book means it was "concealed". She sure didn't offer it up to LE, imo.

The blanket is the same way. She knew that the blanket was missing and yet she waits until confronted by LE's SW stating one was found with Caylee before she mentioned it.

I am pulling the BS handle on Cindy yet again!!! The list of the ways she has obstructed, thwart, and derail this investigation continues to grow longer and longer.

Sometimes BS is simply BS!!!

I store tons of stuff in plastic bags, and in no way consider that hiding items. It's an attempt to keep the item clean until further use. Do we know if they have a cat?

I agree with both you and harleysmama. We don't in fact know how long CA knew this blanket was missing.

I've also found your comments to be some of the most objective, imho.

I think she knew all along- she mentions that the pooh blanket is not on the bed as it normally is in the greta video from 7th aug.
But...I also believe its possible that she told LE prior to the 20th dec..
They knew from july 16th that there were maggots in the trash bag, but they let the public believe that was a lie from Cindy until it was finally released in a single sentence in the jan 21 doc dump.
Also she told them about the pants on the 16th- they didnt want them , then after her LE interview she mentions them again, and they decide they do want them afterall. Yet in the investigative report it fails to mention that she had previously told them about it. If I hadnt read the previous DD info, I would have assumed that was the first time LE was hearing about it.
And nothing in these docs indicates it was the first they had heard From Cindy RE the Pooh blanket.
I'm sitting on the fence for now.

P3382....
On dec 20th, I obtained another search warrant for the Anthony residence on Hopespring Dr. The SW was signed by Judge Perry who sealed both the warrant and the affidavit. This SW was base on additional evidence recovered since Dec 11. Cindy and George Anthony were home when the warrant was executed. While standing in the living room waiting to begin our search, Cynthia read the copy of the warrant we gave her. In the presence of us all, she made a statement that one of Caylee's “winnie the pooh” blankets was missing. George was visibly upset and angry at our presence. He was confrontational with us until cynthia had him wait on the back patio.

"One of" suggests that Caylee owned more than one pooh bear blanket, which would explain us seeing the pic Of CA near caylees bed which is topped with....you guessed it! A pooh blanket.
JMO...and some fact too.:)

It was hidden inside another bag which in my book means it was "concealed". She sure didn't offer it up to LE, imo.

Sometimes BS is simply BS!!!

I am late reading this, but I think people in FL store a lot of things in bags to protect them because it's so humid down there. I don't think this was done with evil intent.

I am late reading this, but I think people in FL store a lot of things in bags to protect them because it's so humid down there. I don't think this was done with evil intent.

I also am "guilty" of storing things inside of a box or a bag to keep them clean while in "storage"...but NOT a laundry hamper...the very NATURE of a laundry hamper is to CONTAIN, not to BE contained. It would be like wrapping a storage tote in a plastic bag-it is illogical and makes no sense.:rolleyes:

I think it's a "straw man" argument to say that CA couldn't possibly know where every single item that ever entered her home's portals was at every minute for all time. Nobody is talking about every single inconsequential item they ever owned. Someone in the immediate family, a helpless small child who couldn't pack up her stuff and drive away, was missing and LE was looking for her, investigating. CA claims to have investigated and stated at one point that absolutely nothing of Caylee's was missing. As soon as she realized something was -- an item of Caylee's bedding- she should have told LE. Even if she believed a Nanny with a house key took it. I have a lot of common sense and I find that a totally normal, reasonable expectation. CA gives the impression that she is always first weighing everything and its effect on KC's case before she decides whether to come out with the fact or truth immediately, after a statement or two to the contrary, or when discovery of the fact is otherwise inevitable.

Thank goodness for some common sense, finally! People seem to think that Cindy should have had a mental inventory in her mind of everything that ever existed inside that household as well as some type of ESP that told her when something had been removed. I only hope that none of us ever have reason to be held to the same standards that we expect of Cindy.

I completely agree! My family doesnt have nearly as much "stuff" as they do, but I certainly wouldnt be able to tell you if a blanket was missing on any given day. I am a well organized person, but I still cant seem to remember where some things are...and I have also found some things in odd places from time to time. Look at the all the stuffed animals in that little girl's room---should CA know that one little ducky is missing??? I think not. I am not sticking up for her, but come one. Nobody hunts through there house on a daily basis to see what is missing.

IMO, CA knows everything she owns. She is a control freak.
CA is a great housekeeper and a hard worker.
CA would KNOW if everyday things like a laundry bag was gone.
CA knew the blankie was gone!
CA knew the difference between a dog brush and CAYLEE's.
CA deep in her heart knew kc did something terrible to CAYLEE.
She chose NOT TO HELP LE!
CA is very smart and she KNEW what she was doing. IMO

I store tons of stuff in plastic bags, and in no way consider that hiding items. It's an attempt to keep the item clean until further use. Do we know if they have a cat?

I do too, especially in the garage. The garage gets extremely dusty, not to mention the bugs and occasional mice. I can see a logical explanation for the laundry bag being stored in a bag. Perhaps it wasn't used as a laundry bag but as a beach tote (towels, hats, suntan lotion, etc). I think the laundry bag was collapsible. Cindy could have stored both of them in the bag and never noticed one was missing.

The blanket is another story. I think CA knew all along the blanket was missing. There was bound to be a picture of THE blanket that was found at the crime scene given the fact they took so many pictures. I believe CA knew that and decided to come clean.

Yes, they do have a cat. It was sitting on the dining room table in one of the Greta interviews with Cindy.

I comprehend what your saying. I lean more to the FBI statement to the A's that we don't care who's feelings get hurt while investigating the disappeance of Caylee. I also go with the Mark Klass theory of pic me apart my family my home my brain and lets move on to find the perp! No love gained when investigating the death of the A's grandaughter. Nothing not even CA's memory goes without questioning. Compared to my home the A's appear to be very organized within their home. I have 3 floors that are congested and I know where things are that are supposed to be there. Now if LE asked me if I had turned over everything that was relavent to the case I would have to tell them to rent storage space for all possible evidence pertaining to aa crime. :)

My guess would be after the first December search warrant when the Pooh bedding set was seized as evidence, BC and the A's go over what was taken by LE. If the blanket was discovered to be missing at one point and replaced without informing LE, then I would think BC would inform the A's he has concerns since LE can easily determine that the blanket is from a different set. The next search warrant CA uses the opportunity to say "oh yeah, by the way...we are missing a winnie the pooh blanket". BC wasn't there to keep her quite.

I completely agree! My family doesnt have nearly as much "stuff" as they do, but I certainly wouldnt be able to tell you if a blanket was missing on any given day. I am a well organized person, but I still cant seem to remember where some things are...and I have also found some things in odd places from time to time. Look at the all the stuffed animals in that little girl's room---should CA know that one little ducky is missing??? I think not. I am not sticking up for her, but come one. Nobody hunts through there house on a daily basis to see what is missing.

They do when their grandchild is missing and has not been seen nor heard from in months on end and there was the smell of a DEAD body inside of their daughter's car who has lied from the get-go. I am 99.99999% positive that Cindy went through things to determine what, if anything, was missing and am equally as certain that she knew this blanket was missing from the start of this. :rolleyes:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti
Back