Who told P.I. not to call 911 if body found?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmmm....could it have been Lee? He was 'not anyone from the Anthonys' home' during that time. I'm curious about the 'he know what he's done' comment that was reported too.

Great reasoning, as always. Two questions: Would it be obstruction if nothing happened? What do you think of the possibility he wasn't to move the remains away but remove inculpatory evidence and replace with exculpatory?

My two cents... I doubt they would've made a plan that complex. I think he was there on a search and destroy mission (I don't mean necessarily destroy, although why not... they'd shown no regard for Caylee up to that point). Later, when the body was discovered they decided to have an extravaganza, but I believe all their focus was on getting rid of the evidence.

Y'all... CA admitted she sent him! That's gargantuan! ginormous! indisputable!

But not a reason for LE to have kept his comment off the record. The reason for that was possible privilege issues - there is no privilege between DC and anyone in the Anthony family.

The fact that Cindy's comment contradicts what DC told LE is a whole other issue.

This is how I've interpreted the statement you quote and other statements we've seen about the D. Casey search:

(1) D. Casey gave an interview to investigators (Interview Number One) in which he said X, Y and Z about the persons who hired him, told him to go out to that area and why.

(2) After such interview, D. Casey learned some additional information was out there that might show he fibbed to investigators in Interview Number One. Including info/stuff given by the videographer, and the realization that his phone records could be obtained (he might not have realized folks knew he had more than one cell phone).

(3) Based on (2) above, D. Casey realized he better tell the truth and so gave INTERVIEW NUMBER TWO to investigators. Therein, he told investigators many things, including the real person(s) who told him to visit that area and search, AND THAT IF HE FOUND A BODY NOT TO CALL 911. While D. Casey told investigators, he HAS NOT told the public.

(4) INTERVIEW NUMBER TWO is taped but as of yet, Judge Strickland has not yet decided if it should be released to the public.

I am dying to hear that second interview. My gut tells me...who else but Cindy or George would have told D. Casey not to call 911? He was working for Cindy and George. It's not like a psychic or some other person told him not to call 911. I just wonder why LE hasn't gone after the Anthonys for obstruction. I mean....telling someone not to call 911? Wow. But, this is all still speculation and I guess we'll find out more.

Excellent!

But not a reason for LE to have kept his comment off the record. The reason for that was possible privilege issues - there is no privilege between DC and anyone in the Anthony family.

The fact that Cindy's comment contradicts what DC told LE is a whole other issue.[/QUOT

what if JB tells CA then CA sends out the p.i to search?

The fact that Cindy's comment contradicts what DC told LE is a whole other issue.

If they're building a case against her as we speak -- why not?

I think it was JB. He was so angered that the jail officials got to Casey first with the identification of the remains, that I think he wanted first "dibs" on that body so badly should it be found. He stated his disappointment publicly. How he would have handled that if it were found and that news got back to him only he can say.

(emphasis added)

Maybe so, but lots of us can make an educated or even uneducated guess at that. ;)

I agree with you 100%. I put no credence on what DC said to the media. I think he's more than capable of lying to LE as well. I think it was C&G.

He was working for Casey and cindy and George. He was no longer working for JB in November. Oct. 1 was when his contract with JB ended.

He said it was not anyone in the Anthony home...so that leaves Casey, Jose, the Kidfinders peeps, the other private detective or one of the other lawyers for Casey, OR of course, Lee...which one I guess we will find out later. The waiting is a PAIN!

Heh.

CA admitted she sent him there. The obvious progression is she told him what to do *if*. That's the only thing that makes sense. You don't just say, oh look at spot X for a dead baby and have a great day!

So glad to see you on this thread! What are your thoughts about being instructed to place things at the scene to implicate someone else?

Interesting that he would divulge this little tidbit of info and tell conflicting stories (i.e. lie) about other things. I don't believe it was JB because that would be a violation of an attorney's professional obligation which carries with it stiff professional penalties and I don't think he would risk his newbie career for a client, any client. I would look to who sent him there and who paid for him to go there. If he divulged this tidbit to LE then it is safe to assume he was not working for JB at the time because that conversation would be presumptively protected by the attorney-client privilege-- at least would be until a Judge ruled otherwise. Haven't heard a judge made a ruling on this--maybe he did and we just haven't heard about it or I haven't heard about it. If no such ruling was made then it was either CA or GA. That wouldn't surprise me at all.

So glad to see you on this thread! What are your thoughts about being instructed to place things at the scene to implicate someone else?

Hiya Lin! I responded above and I like your thought but in this instance I think they were just going for the smash and grab.

I don't think it was Cindy or George. He stated it wasn't them, but that it was someone else. If it was the Anthonys, he would have just said 'no' in answer to the question instead of going out of his way to throw someone under the bus.

The identification of the 'someone else' was omitted from the record, and the detective explained that the off the record response was due to an issue with privilege.

There is no privilege attached to DC's communication with George and Cindy. There IS privilege attached to his conversations with the defense team.

BTW, there's a parallel discussion about this here:

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77760&page=6

JOKING: It was JG!! Oh my, yes, had to be JG!!

No way I believe that; can just see the A's accusing him.

Interesting that he would divulge this little tidbit of info and tell conflicting stories (i.e. lie) about other things. I don't believe it was JB because that would be a violation of an attorney's professional obligation which carries with it stiff professional penalties and I don't think he would risk his newbie career for a client, any client. I would look to who sent him there and who paid for him to go there. If he divulged this tidbit to LE then it is safe to assume he was not working for JB at the time because that conversation would be presumptively protected by the attorney-client privilege-- at least would be until a Judge ruled otherwise. Haven't heard a judge made a ruling on this--maybe he did and we just haven't heard about it or I haven't heard about it. If no such ruling was made then it was either CA or GA. That wouldn't surprise me at all.

Yes, I think JB tiptoes to the edge but doesn't go over.

was LA "in the Anthony home" at the time? Could be what LE claims he knows he did.

Great reasoning, as always. Two questions: Would it be obstruction if nothing happened? What do you think of the possibility he wasn't to move the remains away but remove inculpatory evidence and replace with exculpatory?

If DC had found the remains and not called 911 it might be considered obstruction on his part. If someone told him not to call 911 then there might be a charge for conspiracy to commit obstruction on their part. But since he claims he didn't find the remains, it's a non-issue. Although if the person who told him not to call 911 testified for the defense it could be used to impeach their credibility.

If they're building a case against her as we speak -- why not?
Tragco transcribed the exchange on the other DC thread:

NS: Was there ever an occasion where you had any contrary instructions, if, if you had found the remains of Caylee Anthony? I mean was everybody on board with if you found Cay...Caylee Anthony, yeah (affirmative), you were going to call 911 and the proper steps would, would have taken place?

DC: With who are you talking about?

NS: Anybody, I'm just, I'm just curious. I mean if you ever had an opportunity where somebody had, had talk, you know, said anything to you that would have been contrary to that?

DC: Yes.

NS: Somebody had said something that was contrary to that?

DC: Yes.

NS: Who was that individual, or individuals? Was it somebody within the Anthony house?

DC: No.

NS: Is it somebody working on behalf of the Anthony's?

DC: No.

NS: Well who was...

DC: No, I'll tell you right out. I'll tell you right out.

NS: Okay.

DC: I'll tell your right, right out. Uhm...

NS: We can stop for a second if you would like to, to...

At this point the interview stops being recorded.. then JA says

... Uh, there were things you had some concern that might, that might be privi.. uh, that might be privileged information that you were going to provide. Is that correct?

Then we get no more information on who this person might be.
If any of our attorneys are reading, correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding of legal privilege is that it applies to communication between a client and an attorney (or someone working in the attorney's employ).

It doesn't apply to the clients of a PI, or an accountant, or a doctor, or any other vendor-client relationship.

The only people with whom DC would have a privilege issue is Casey Anthony (he has a letter agreement with her dating from the time he worked for Baez) and her defense team (who employed him in August and September).

Thanks for answering question before I asked you. :)

And yes, she's my first choice, like yours. I only question her flatly stating it, rather than alluding to it. TB was my 2nd choice. They turned off tape because DC was concerned about privilege. Doesn't mean they determined it did apply, at least that I caught when reading the transcript. They got the info they wanted, I thought. If privilege applied, they wouldn't have gotten it, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA