Who told P.I. not to call 911 if body found?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He said it was not anyone in the Anthony home...so that leaves Casey, Jose, the Kidfinders peeps, the other private detective or one of the other lawyers for Casey, OR of course, Lee...which one I guess we will find out later. The waiting is a PAIN!
He also said in this sworn statement that he never talked to Caitlyn F. until LE told him they had video of him. Apparently, his word is not worth spit!

Wonder what wall CA was backed up against to even make that admission. Had to be insurmountable. She's one stubborn and canny lady.

Could he have been concerned about BC being the Anthony's attorney as well as his? Could that be the privileged information he was concerned about? Just tossing it out...

Slightly O/T, did anyone else go Hmmmm at the notation of weed barrier being found at the dump site?

I'm so glad you've mentioned that. I thought of all the comments on the Anthony House thread about the weed barrier used in the A's back yard. But what does it mean if the item has no "Tag #" or "Item #" on the Report (page 3400) ?

Thanks for answering question before I asked you. :)

And yes, she's my first choice, like yours. I only question her flatly stating it, rather than alluding to it. TB was my 2nd choice. They turned off tape because DC was concerned about privilege. Doesn't mean they determined it did apply, at least that I caught when reading the transcript. They got the info they wanted, I thought. If privilege applied, they wouldn't have gotten it, imo.

*titter* I did it again above. I am trying to figure out how she was cornered so tightly she had to spill. This I cannot wait to hear!

If DC had found the remains and not called 911 it might be considered obstruction on his part. If someone told him not to call 911 then there might be a charge for conspiracy to commit obstruction on their part. But since he claims he didn't find the remains, it's a non-issue. Although if the person who told him not to call 911 testified for the defense it could be used to impeach their credibility.

Thanks! ITA

Also agree with jennyb, as usual, that JB deliberately tiptoes to the edge and tries not to go over. I think that if it had been JB, privilege would have applied and he wouldn't have told LE, either on or off the record.

I think it's huge that LE knew to ask DC if he had been given contrary instructions. Wonder how that question "came" to them? Maybe from JH interview?

Could he have been concerned about BC being the Anthony's attorney as well as his? Could that be the privileged information he was concerned about? Just tossing it out...
He should be concerned, since his interests and the Anthonys' interests may not coincide. Clearly he was receiving legal advice from Conway during the interview.

But he didn't seem to have any problem blabbing the name of the person who wanted to be notified before LE. The fact that the detectives allowed him to go off the record with that information points to an issue with attorney-client privilege. That would be Baez and Casey Anthony, no?

Tragco transcribed the exchange on the other DC thread:

If any of our attorneys are reading, correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding of legal privilege is that it applies to communication between a client and an attorney (or someone working in the attorney's employ).

It doesn't apply to the clients of a PI, or an accountant, or a doctor, or any other vendor-client relationship.

The only people with whom DC would have a privilege issue is Casey Anthony (he has a letter agreement with her dating from the time he worked for Baez) and her defense team (who employed him in August and September).

Privilege would only apply to KC or defense. That doesn't mean that DC knew that was the only privilege. He may have been legitimately confused, for once, in that interview, and stopped to ask BC for advice. Again, if he told LE, then whomever had no privilege, imo. Otherwise, the info is worthless and anything derived from it is fruit from the poisoned tree.

Privilege would only apply to KC or defense. That doesn't mean that DC knew that was the only privilege. He may have been legitimately confused, for once, in that interview, and stopped to ask BC for advice. Again, if he told LE, then whomever had no privilege, imo. Otherwise, the info is worthless and anything derived from it is fruit from the poisoned tree.
Privilege is pretty cut and dried, no? BC would have known if the person who told DC was subject to privilege and advised him accordingly. Isn't that why he was there :)))?

The problem with DC now is that his credibility is shot (for me), the price you pay for giving inconsistent statements and for generally being so evasive and weasley. How do you know which part, if any, of his statement(s) to believe? I don't know whether to believe or disbelieve his assertion that nobody in the A household, or whatever cryptic way he said that, ever gave him these instructions. He seems upset with JB, for cutting him off from Casey, and also with Hoover. He might blame the person he's most disgruntled with, who knows?

I think LE was primarily interested in finding out if information from Casey A is what led to all these activities, because that would be relevant to the question of guilt or innocence. They also need to explore whether claims of A/C privilege to protect the information are real or false, if group conversations occur with non-defense people. CA, GA and their associates only seem to get pulled into the mix because they won't be straightforward with LE. I'd hate to be an investigator in this case, for a lot of reasons.

We already know it was probably CA as the docs tell us this. At the time of interview DC didn't know what CA said about sending someone out there to look. The question of privilege arises because DC an C&G both have BC as ATTY.
Does that make sense?

hmmmm....could it have been Lee? He was 'not anyone from the Anthonys' home' during that time. I'm curious about the 'he know what he's done' comment that was reported too.

My hinky meter is leaning towards Lee at this moment...even though I do feel for this young man, i do think he is broken and incomplete as he said. Yet he is an adult with choices, and choices lead to action... "he knows what he's done" comment does lean towards some sort of wrong doing ....

Who ever this person is I believe it to be someone in Casey's inner circle who has some sort of authority in regards to Caylee and/or DC. IMO

If it was Lee, I would also put money down that Cindy would say it was her to protect her son.

My hinky meter is leaning towards Lee at this moment...even though I do feel for this young man, i do think he is broken and incomplete as he said. Yet he is an adult with choices, and choices lead to action... "he knows what he's done" comment does lean towards some sort of wrong doing ....

Who ever this person is I believe it to be someone in Casey's inner circle who has some sort of authority in regards to Caylee and/or DC. IMO

If it was Lee, I would also put money down that Cindy would say it was her to protect her son.[/QUOTE]

Good point - maybe that's why she volunteered the "I sent" comment the night LE served the warrant.

We already know it was probably CA as the docs tell us this. At the time of interview DC didn't know what CA said about sending someone out there to look. The question of privilege arises because DC an C&G both have BC as ATTY. Does that make sense?
If that was the issue, why would he have flat-out said that it wasn't George or Cindy? He was definitely talking about someone other than them.

We already know it was probably CA as the docs tell us this. At the time of interview DC didn't know what CA said about sending someone out there to look. The question of privilege arises because DC an C&G both have BC as ATTY.
Does that make sense?

BC is there to represent DC and to keep him from revealing any A/C information he learned while working for Casey A's defense. DC's A/C communications with his own attorney, BC, are also privileged. IF Florida recognizes any sort of PI/client privilege, I suppose BC could advise about that, too. But the mere fact that BC represents both the A's and DC doesn't create some other privilege. A potential or actual conflict of interest maybe, but no joint privilege, IMO.

JOKING: It was JG!! Oh my, yes, had to be JG!!

No way I believe that; can just see the A's accusing him.

I know you were joking about JG but I don't think we've seen the end of throwing him under the bus..:furious:
I was very upset to read in Annie's statement that Casey was still trying to put suspicion on him when Annie asked her about the chloroform in her car.

Wonder what wall CA was backed up against to even make that admission. Had to be insurmountable. She's one stubborn and canny lady.

Here's a pick of CA and KC, with some of their fans:

fetitobm.jpg

She wasn't cornered. She was throwing out her "proof" that KC didn't do it. She was claiming it had been placed there while KC was in jail, the area had been cleared a month ago by her people.

Here's a pick of CA and KC, with some of their fans:

fetitobm.jpg

She wasn't cornered. She was throwing out her "proof" that KC didn't do it. She was claiming it had been placed there while KC was in jail, the area had been cleared a month ago by her people.

OK that was hilarious. Gotcha. :)

Should we have?

Maybe because the Anthony's said they'd used it in their back yard. Then, it somehoew winds up at the crime scene!

Since the dogs also alerted in the yard, Casey must have had Caylee out there at some point. (maybe when she backed the car in garage then borrowed the shovel from her neighbor?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname