Updated POLL: Why No Obstruction Charges Yet...If Ever???

Why Have None of the Anthony's Been Charged w/Obstruction?? Can pick more than one...

• LE/SA Office does not think they did anything wrong

Votes: 14 5.6%
  • LE/SA Office does not have a strong enough evidence to make it stick

Votes: 69 27.8%
  • LE/SA Office does not want to go after them because of public sympathy

Votes: 60 24.2%
  • Just waiting for the right time for LA

Votes: 122 49.2%
  • Just waiting for the right time for GA

Votes: 68 27.4%
  • Just waiting for the right time for CA

Votes: 110 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
there was no choice of none of the above so i did not vote. I think they are not charging them because if they do so then the a's can plead the 5th when called to the witness stand and that is something that le will not see happen-not even for well deserved charges against them all!

exactly!!

I think it's VERY clear that the entire Anthony famiily obstructed justice in this case. Sadly, I doubt anything will come of it. Families of murdered victims/accused murderers are rarely charged. A good lexample of this is Scott Peterson. His parents clearly ignored the gag orderby giving an exclusive interview to Barbara Walters, and his mother clearly lied on the stand about the "wrong" bank account, yet nothing was ever done in that case. Who goes into a Bank of Ameridca to withdraw money from a different bank and yet the bank gives them the money.

I think they are all guilty of obstructing justice for a cover-up, yet LE may feel it just isn't worth it to charge them now and probably feels that have made their own punishment anyway. More better to put all their time, effort and money into the murderer's case.

I think LE is in a wait and see mode right now, they have plenty of time. It was reported a couple of months ago that LE expected C & G to testify against their daughter in the murder trial, it was worded in a way that indicated, LE would trade truthful testimony for letting any charges, they would have filed, fall by the wayside. Now that we have seen Lee's deposition, and LE has too, it is obvious that they may be less than truthful in their daughter's trial...this may change things with the state and their plans to bring charges. I do think there are charges to bring, Cindy qualifies for Obstruction and possibly Accessory after the fact, Lee, we don't know yet, but LE has clearly said they would like to talk to him again, and stated, "he knows what he has done". George, I am not sure about yet.

I don't believe the A's have done anything that rises to the level of obstruction of justice. Justice has NOT been obstructed, Casey will be tried for murder.

I voted LE will wait until the appropriate time for filing any charges against the A's.

I predict the A's will be treated as hostile witnesses for the prosecution, especially CA. She won't be able to keep her stories straight anyway.

I don't believe the A's have done anything that rises to the level of obstruction of justice. Justice has NOT been obstructed, Casey will be tried for murder.
I do believe the washing of the pants, that smelled like the car, would constitute Obstruction as she was, in essence, destroying evidence. Then we have the "brush" incident as reported here...I believe there could very well be more we don't know about yet.

"Cindy Anthony said that she told investigators that the brush that was given to them was used by Caylee and Casey. The FBI and Eyewitness News' legal analyst said Cindy Anthony could face obstruction of justice charges."

http://www.wftv.com/news/18150085/detail.html

I do believe the washing of the pants, that smelled like the car, would constitute Obstruction as she was, in essence, destroying evidence. Then we have the "brush" incident as reported here...I believe there could very well be more we don't know about yet.

"Cindy Anthony said that she told investigators that the brush that was given to them was used by Caylee and Casey. The FBI and Eyewitness News' legal analyst said Cindy Anthony could face obstruction of justice charges."

http://www.wftv.com/news/18150085/detail.html

What makes you think those pants are evidence? Do you think Cindy believed that washing them would prevent Casey from being charged with murder? That makes no sense at all.

Cindy gave LE exactly what they asked for, a brush with Caylee's hair. She also gave them numerous other items containing Caylee's DNA. No obstruction there. As usual, WFTV tried to make the story into something it wasn't.

Personally, I believe all of those "tips" that the Anthony's reported, and especially the one they didn't report, could bring about some legal problems. We know they reported to LE, hundreds or maybe thousands of tips, and many of these were not important enough for them to go and check out themselves, but were important enough to send LE. Now the one that they DID check out VERY thoroughly, on Suburban Dr., was NOT important enough to forward to LE. How many hours of LE's time was wasted on bogus tips sent in by the Anthony's ? I have no idea, but I'd be willing to bet there were plenty. Even the prosecutior said in open court that most of the tips they were receiving were from Cindy, when Baez was requesting to have access to the tips on file that the state had. I have no idea if charges will result from this effort to send LE on a "wild goose chase", but that's exactly what they were doing by flooding LE with these so called "tips". My honest opinion.

Personally, I believe all of those "tips" that the Anthony's reported, and especially the one they didn't report, could bring about some legal problems. We know they reported to LE, hundreds or maybe thousands of tips, and many of these were not important enough for them to go and check out themselves, but were important enough to send LE. Now the one that they DID check out VERY thoroughly, on Suburban Dr., was NOT important enough to forward to LE. How many hours of LE's time was wasted on bogus tips sent in by the Anthony's ? I have no idea, but I'd be willing to bet there were plenty. Even the prosecutior said in open court that most of the tips they were receiving were from Cindy, when Baez was requesting to have access to the tips on file that the state had. I have no idea if charges will result from this effort to send LE on a "wild goose chase", but that's exactly what they were doing by flooding LE with these so called "tips". My honest opinion.

So you think that cooperating with LE and forwarding tips equals obstruction of justice? LE chose which tips to follow up on, Cindy and George did not control their actions. If LE went on wild goose chases, and I've never heard of any, it was their own decision.

What makes you think those pants are evidence? Do you think Cindy believed that washing them would prevent Casey from being charged with murder? That makes no sense at all.

Cindy gave LE exactly what they asked for, a brush with Caylee's hair. She also gave them numerous other items containing Caylee's DNA. No obstruction there. As usual, WFTV tried to make the story into something it wasn't.
Per Cindy, the pants "smelled like the car" and we know her first impression of the smell in the car was the smell of decomposition. LE thought it was important enough to question her about, and George too...so, obviously it's not as much the non issue that you would like to portray. WFTV was not the only station that reported Obstruction charges could be on the table, this from Bob Keating of WESH, channel 2, Orlando...

Over on WESH-Channel 2, Bob Kealing reported that George and Cindy Anthony will be asked to take a major role in the case against their daughter -- or else.

"As one investigator put it, they're going to be asked to help convict her," Kealing said. "If the Anthonys are not candid and truthful, sources say, the end result could include obstruction of justice charges," Kealing said.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2008/12/caylee-antho-10.html
My honest opinion.

So you think that cooperating with LE and forwarding tips equals obstruction of justice? LE chose which tips to follow up on, Cindy and George did not control their actions. If LE went on wild goose chases, and I've never heard of any, it was their own decision.
Cooperating with LE ? I know you don't think they were really cooperating with LE ALL of this time ? Coperating with LE is talking to them when they request that you do so, not hiring a lawyer and stopping all interviews with LE because you don't like the questions they are asking. Cooperating with LE would be sending in ALL tips that you think are relevant, Suburban Dr. tip included. Cindy and George DID choose to NOT send in whatever tip they received that prompted their PI's trip down to Suburban, on three seperate occasions...and it just so happens that Suburban was where Caylee was found. LE thinks this is important enough to question many people about, and so do I. On JH's interview he told LE that the ONLY time the Anthony's talked about Caylee being alive was at the PUBLIC vigils, they are sending in tips to LE that ONLY support her being alive...not the ones that support her being deceased. That is an attempt to guide LE 's direction of an investigation...IMO.

Per Cindy, the pants "smelled like the car" and we know her first impression of the smell in the car was the smell of decomposition. LE thought it was important enough to question her about, and George too...so, obviously it's not as much the non issue that you would like to portray. WFTV was not the only station that reported Obstruction charges could be on the table, this from Bob Keating of WESH, channel 2, Orlando...

Over on WESH-Channel 2, Bob Kealing reported that George and Cindy Anthony will be asked to take a major role in the case against their daughter -- or else.

"As one investigator put it, they're going to be asked to help convict her," Kealing said. "If the Anthonys are not candid and truthful, sources say, the end result could include obstruction of justice charges," Kealing said.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2008/12/caylee-antho-10.html
My honest opinion.

The pants smelled like the car? Everything in the car smelled like decomp, as did the car itself. How did washing those pants in any way impede the investigation? Did it remove all traces of decomp odor from everything? LE did not ask Cindy about the pants. She volunteered the information. They wouldn't even have known about them otherwise. Who destroys evidence and then draws attention to it?

Kealings quote applies to anyone who is a witness in a murder trial - he's saying IF they are not truthful the end result COULD include obstruction of justice charges. In other words, that has not happened yet. It means nothing.

Whether or not justice has been obstructed is a gray area to me. I would have thought no, until I watched Lee's deposition. He was so obviously lying in several instances. JM cornered him when he asked why he, or Cindy, or George didn't go to police when KC came out with the Blanchard Park excuse. Lee was not enlightened when JM told him KC had lied to police... he knew that.

So if you know someone has lied to police but fail to point that out (even though police already knew), is that obstruction of justice?

Then there was the zinger about "someone" changing KC's password to timer55 and instructing her to go to different places at different times, etc. Add on top of this Lee's claim that "this family is united", it's plain that they're united to protect KC at all costs.

Cooperating with LE ? I know you don't think they were really cooperating with LE ALL of this time ? Coperating with LE is talking to them when they request that you do so, not hiring a lawyer and stopping all interviews with LE because you don't like the questions they are asking. Cooperating with LE would be sending in ALL tips that you think are relevant, Suburban Dr. tip included. Cindy and George DID choose to NOT send in whatever tip they received that prompted their PI's trip down to Suburban, on three seperate occasions...and it just so happens that Suburban was where Caylee was found. LE thinks this is important enough to question many people about, and so do I. On JH's interview he told LE that the ONLY time the Anthony's talked about Caylee being alive was at the PUBLIC vigils, they are sending in tips to LE that ONLY support her being alive...not the ones that support her being deceased. That is an attempt to guide LE 's direction of an investigation...IMO.

Can you link to one time that LE requested an interview and the A's refused to answer questions? I've never heard of that happening. Can you link to anything showing that it was a tip that send DC to search the Suburban site, or that it was Cindy who sent him? What the A's talked about in public is not obstruction of justice. They could have screamed from the rooftops that Caylee was still alive and that Casey was not a killer and it wouldn't be considered obstruction of justice. I don't know what tips Cindy forwarded to LE or even what tips the A's received. You said they should have sent anything they felt was relevant. Apparently they did.

Can you link to one time that LE requested an interview and the A's refused to answer questions? I've never heard of that happening. Can you link to anything showing that it was a tip that send DC to search the Suburban site, or that it was Cindy who sent him? What the A's talked about in public is not obstruction of justice. They could have screamed from the rooftops that Caylee was still alive and that Casey was not a killer and it wouldn't be considered obstruction of justice. I don't know what tips Cindy forwarded to LE or even what tips the A's received. You said they should have sent anything they felt was relevant. Apparently they did.
OK, here we go...

1) George and Cindy Anthony, grandparents of Caylee Anthony, have agreed to cooperate with prosecutors as long as they are guaranteed immunity, according to their attorney.

http://www.wesh.com/news/18371232/detail.

2)Casey said he was in the area because of a tip and not because of any information he received from Casey Anthony or her family.

http://www.wesh.com/caseyanthony/18750547/detail.html

OK, here we go...

1) George and Cindy Anthony, grandparents of Caylee Anthony, have agreed to cooperate with prosecutors as long as they are guaranteed immunity, according to their attorney.

http://www.wesh.com/news/18371232/detail.

2)Casey said he was in the area because of a tip and not because of any information he received from Casey Anthony or her family.

http://www.wesh.com/caseyanthony/18750547/detail.html

1) Has LE requested an interview that the A's refused?

2) DC says he did not receive the info from the A's - ??? Wasn't Cindy at the "Meet and Greet" while DC was conducting his search? Did anyone report her being on the phone much of the time?

Waiting until after the trial for murder, so they can't plead the 5th on the stand!

I agree that they're waiting until after the trial. The way I understand it, if they're not charged with anything, and are subpoenaed to testify at Casey's trial, they must tell the truth or be subject to perjury charges. If any members of the Anthony family commit perjury, they'll likely be charged with obstruction of justice charges on top of perjury.

Right now, the prosecution has bigger fish to fry - getting a conviction on Casey for the murder of Caylee.

But didn't CA herself say she asked someone to go "search the area", or something to that effect? Put two and two together.. it seems she asked DC to look there.

No way of knowing if the pants held evidence or not...they've been washed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starrynight8974
Back