The Suburban memorial site is up for sale. **UPDATE SOLD** OR NOT?

http://www.wesh.com/caseyanthony/19090460/detail.html

Attorney: Buyer Would Block Permanent Memorial

"Conway, who represents Cindy and George Anthony, said someone sympathetic to the Anthony family is working on a deal to buy the land where the Anthony's granddaughter was discovered and use it for something other than a Caylee memorial."

""They would rather have something that is a living memorial, something that children can play at," Conway said."

Seems like LP stating he wanted to buy the land got the A Team scrambling. LP must be having a good laugh.

I notice, thought, that all the residences on the "east" side of Hopespring are in the flood plain as well.

I'm assuming there is a difference between being in a flood plain (meaning your mortgage company may require you to have flood insurance) and being a designated wetland where you can't build without approval.

I would venture a guess and say that parcel is not a designated wetlands area but a swampy, wooded tract of land that is susceptible to flooding in its current state.
The person or company that will eventually develop that tract of land will have to bring in a tremendous amount of dirt(fill) to fill in and raise the land.
Many subdivisions here start off the same way...wooded and swampy

The map I posted is based on the current floodplain. The proposed one had the water line way back, in the dark blue area I think.

That doesn't sound like the proposed new one is too accurate, does it? Thanks, Muzikman.

I would venture a guess and say that parcel is not a designated wetlands area but a swampy, wooded tract of land that is susceptible to flooding in its current state.
The person or company that will eventually develop that tract of land will have to bring in a tremendous amount of dirt(fill) to fill in and raise the land.
Many subdivisions here start off the same way...wooded and swampy

I don't think there's any such thing as a list of designated wetlands, only that there are restrictions on damaging or removing them.

For example, in my hometown, there is a zoning restriction against damaging, building over, etc. a cemetery or gravesite. The city doesn't have a list of cemeteries or gravesites, but I know of at least one development where a handful of Civil War graves were located on the land. The developer had to preserve that portion of the site.

Could it be the A's have saw the light and are planning to open a childrens home for abused and neglected children and teens in a residential setting. I pray they will be graced with thoughts of wanting to make sure this never happens to another family. The knowledge that CA, GA & LA have been forced to learn should put them at the top of the food chain of empathetic people. They could forget about their foundation, not have to travel around for the next child missing, not have to deal with the riggors of boating(SS Cayee). This would be actual work for all of them, giving them more respect within the community. I hope they read here and take their lessons learned in life to help another. CA stated her & KC are alot alike when it comes to helping another person. This would be away for all the A's to make amends to Caylee and release guilt they may be harboring. I'm left thinking after typing this, "Only in a perfect world"

It's not sold until it's sold. It doesn't sound like this is a done deal yet. If I were Conway, I wouldn't have made this public until AFTER the deal has closed! Anything could happen between now and deal closing time.

What bothers me the most about BC's statement, not wanting the area off Suburban used as a memorial, is the fact that IT'S NOT his or the Anthony's to control.Considering the area is so close to their home and Casey's hangout, I think they know the connection is simple for most people...she was found there, because that's where Casey put her ! Once again they want to control what is clearly not theirs to control.

Hell, maybe they will dig the low area deeper and keep their new bass boat there. :rolleyes:

Could it be the A's have saw the light and are planning to open a childrens home for abused and neglected children and teens in a residential setting. I pray they will be graced with thoughts of wanting to make sure this never happens to another family. The knowledge that CA, GA & LA have been forced to learn should put them at the top of the food chain of empathetic people. They could forget about their foundation, not have to travel around for the next child missing, not have to deal with the riggors of boating(SS Cayee). This would be actual work for all of them, giving them more respect within the community. I hope they read here and take their lessons learned in life to help another. CA stated her & KC are alot alike when it comes to helping another person. This would be away for all the A's to make amends to Caylee and release guilt they may be harboring. I'm left thinking after typing this, "Only in a perfect world"

Okay, again you can't just build a facility like that in a residential area. Most of the time, if it's zoned for single family homes something like that wouldn't be allowed.

I don't know what the zoning designation is for that land but I would guess the land close to the houses on Hopespring is most likely the same zone as the parcels with the houses, that it was part of the original subdivision. And I would guess that zone would be for single family homes.

I can't tell if there's anything adjacent that's anything other than sf homes other than the school, and most zoning laws allow for public schools in residential zones.

What bothers me the most about BC's statement, not wanting the area off Suburban used as a memorial, is the fact that IT'S NOT his or the Anthony's to control.Considering the area is so close to their home and Casey's hangout, I think they know the connection is simple for most people...she was found there, because that's where Casey put her ! Once again they want to control what is clearly not theirs to control.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Okay, again you can't just build a facility like that in a residential area. Most of the time, if it's zoned for single family homes something like that wouldn't be allowed.

I don't know what the zoning designation is for that land but I would guess the land close to the houses on Hopespring is most likely the same zone as the parcels with the houses, that it was part of the original subdivision. And I would guess that zone would be for single family homes.

I can't tell if there's anything adjacent that's anything other than sf homes other than the school, and most zoning laws allow for public schools in residential zones.
I'm glad your brought this to light. For all of the good intentions and possibilities of what could be done with this land, it still is vacant land residing within Chickasaw Oaks and most likely (from the tax records) controlled by it's homeowner's association covenants and restrictions.

I'm glad your brought this to light. For all of the good intentions and possibilities of what could be done with this land, it still is vacant land residing within Chickasaw Oaks and most likely (from the tax records) controlled by it's homeowner's association covenants and restrictions.

My guess is the owners know they have a piece of land that isn't very attractive to developers and saw the publicity over this case as a chance to sell it.

I notice, thought, that all the residences on the "east" side of Hopespring are in the flood plain as well.

I'm assuming there is a difference between being in a flood plain (meaning your mortgage company may require you to have flood insurance) and being a designated wetland where you can't build without approval.

I live in Fl and our property ends at some city owned land that was once meant to be a park. Well a sinkhole occured there (nope nothing in our 'disclosure' documents about that), as years have passed the hole has become more and more flooded. During last years flooding we had water encroach on our property for the first time in 5 years.

This has not stopped the City from allowing 2 further properties to be built along the street, they just ferried in truckloads of dirt (all day- every day for 6 days :furious:).
The new building code requires these properties to be built a foot above the highest elevation of the road.
End result = the 2 neighbouring (and higher) properties now channel the rainwaters down toward our property so it takes less rainfall for us to become flood prone AND our flood insurance went up from $200 per year to $1,600 per year (we have no flood insurance now).

Gotta love those short sighted City Engineers.

Haven't you heard that the Anthony's are special and have certain entitlements due to their new found fame?

well, you know the old joke, "if you believe that, I have some land if Florida for sale." Water ,everywhere. I hope they just let that place stay as it was , in the wild.

My guess is the owners know they have a piece of land that isn't very attractive to developers and saw the publicity over this case as a chance to sell it.

I'd sell it. No trespassing signs won't help there - the location is an attractive nuisance and they know people are going to trespass, if they get hurt, there is a lawsuit to fight, even if one wins, the stress of a lawsuit is extreme.

Maybe you should get ready for a disappointment if this is correct. :mad::mad:

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2009/04/casey-anthony-case--2.html#more

"At 6 tonight, WESH's Kealing reported that a secret deal is in the works to buy the land where Caylee's remains were found. Someone sympathetic to George and Cindy Anthony is trying to buy the spot and block bounty hunter Leonard Padilla's efforts to put a permanent memorial there, the Anthonys' attorney told Kealing.

"That's not where they want to remember their granddaughter, Caylee Marie, being," attorney Brad Conway said. "They would rather have a living memorial, something that children could go play at."

we would rather have a living Caylee but I guess we don't always get what we want.

Maybe you should get ready for a disappointment if this is correct. :mad::mad:

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2009/04/casey-anthony-case--2.html#more

"At 6 tonight, WESH's Kealing reported that a secret deal is in the works to buy the land where Caylee's remains were found. Someone sympathetic to George and Cindy Anthony is trying to buy the spot and block bounty hunter Leonard Padilla's efforts to put a permanent memorial there, the Anthonys' attorney told Kealing.
"That's not where they want to remember their granddaughter, Caylee Marie, being," attorney Brad Conway said. "They would rather have a living memorial, something that children could go play at."

You can count on one hand (pun intended) who is sympathic to the Anthony's.

My wife & I were cruisin round O'town today & I decided to check out the "site". She had been there with our daughters in Jan but I'd never been (since the remains were found) there. It was creepy, & smaller than what it appears on Google maps. There were 3 men down in the woods a little further east of the makeshift memorial, which, had an addition since Jan. a white cross assembled w/ a Caylee t-shirt and JB's signature right on top!
I put a link to a page of pics I made.
http://www.creationwiz.com/misc/anthonycase.htm

I live in Fl and our property ends at some city owned land that was once meant to be a park. Well a sinkhole occured there (nope nothing in our 'disclosure' documents about that), as years have passed the hole has become more and more flooded. During last years flooding we had water encroach on our property for the first time in 5 years.

This has not stopped the City from allowing 2 further properties to be built along the street, they just ferried in truckloads of dirt (all day- every day for 6 days :furious:).
The new building code requires these properties to be built a foot above the highest elevation of the road.
End result = the 2 neighbouring (and higher) properties now channel the rainwaters down toward our property so it takes less rainfall for us to become flood prone AND our flood insurance went up from $200 per year to $1,600 per year (we have no flood insurance now).

Gotta love those short sighted City Engineers.

I'll bet the city has a stormwater management plan and building codes that require that any new construction not create stormwater problems for other properties. You and your neighbors really need to check into this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blushybomb
Back