The Suburban memorial site is up for sale. **UPDATE SOLD** OR NOT?

My wife & I were cruisin round O'town today & I decided to check out the "site". She had been there with our daughters in Jan but I'd never been (since the remains were found) there. It was creepy, & smaller than what it appears on Google maps. There were 3 men down in the woods a little further east of the makeshift memorial, which, had an addition since Jan. a white cross assembled w/ a Caylee t-shirt and JB's signature right on top!
I put a link to a page of pics I made.
http://www.creationwiz.com/misc/anthonycase.htm

My bad, I don't think it's JB's sig now.

My guess is the owners know they have a piece of land that isn't very attractive to developers and saw the publicity over this case as a chance to sell it.

I agree with this, and don't blame them. I'm sure they'd rather have sold it under better circumstances.

As far as what can be done on the land, if there IS an HOA in this neighborhood, I was wondering if the land is viable for a park or playground in the first place if it's cleared? Or is it just too swampy? Does anyone have the answer to this?

Because I would think even though it's a residential lot, if there's an HOA and also whomever else has to approve zoning wouldn't have a problem in it being turned into a playground for the children of the neighborhood and nearby areas...(again if it's not too swampy!)...also isn't the elementary school just down the road? parents who pick up their kids could take them here to play after school.

I wonder how a landowner ended up getting stuck with land that couldn't be built on in the first place??

Just my thoughts....................anyway..........

You can count on one hand (pun intended) who is sympathic to the Anthony's.

Isn't Nancy Grace sympathetic to Cindy? I have heard her express it and defend her many times. I doubt Nancy or HLN are involved in buying the land though! I guess Nancy's just a finger on the hand...(reference to GA's hand analogy, now we have a hand of sympathizers....a bad attempt at a joke, sorry!)

I agree with this, and don't blame them. I'm sure they'd rather have sold it under better circumstances.

As far as what can be done on the land, if there IS an HOA in this neighborhood, I was wondering if the land is viable for a park or playground in the first place if it's cleared? Or is it just too swampy? Does anyone have the answer to this?

Because I would think even though it's a residential lot, if there's an HOA and also whomever else has to approve zoning wouldn't have a problem in it being turned into a playground for the children of the neighborhood and nearby areas...(again if it's not too swampy!)...also isn't the elementary school just down the road? parents who pick up their kids could take them here to play after school.

I wonder how a landowner ended up getting stuck with land that couldn't be built on in the first place??

It's possible that the owners are the ones who developed the entire existing neighborhood. Here in central FL most of the land is swampy so they have to get a little creative in order to develop most places. Depending on circumstances, to develop land that is like that they fill it and then add retention ponds to hold the water that is displaced in the filling. It's expensive though and requires hiring an engineer.

I hope this isn't what's happening with that land though.
http://www.thehouseofpurpose.com/ scroll to the bottom to see who it is. :(

Mods, I'm pretty new here so if that link shouldn't be here, please feel free to remove it. You won't hurt my feelings. :crazy:

It's possible that the owners are the ones who developed the entire existing neighborhood. Here in central FL most of the land is swampy so they have to get a little creative in order to develop most places. Depending on circumstances, to develop land that is like that they fill it and then add retention ponds to hold the water that is displaced in the filling. It's expensive though and requires hiring an engineer.

I hope this isn't what's happening with that land though.
http://www.thehouseofpurpose.com/ scroll to the bottom to see who it is. :(

Mods, I'm pretty new here so if that link shouldn't be here, please feel free to remove it. You won't hurt my feelings. :crazy:

Did I not read somewhere that DM had some kid of sex offense?

Also just of note according to Orange County Property Appraiser the lot is actually in Chickasaw 2 the Anthony's are in Chickasaw 3 but it certainly would be residential. I would even doubt they would allow the type of facility you are talking about in a HOA.

Did I not read somewhere that DM had some kid of sex offense?

Also just of note according to Orange County Property Appraiser the lot is actually in Chickasaw 2 the Anthony's are in Chickasaw 3 but it certainly would be residential. I would even doubt they would allow the type of facility you are talking about in a HOA.

Yes, I think I read that somewhere about DM as well and that might put a stop to those plans (one can only hope).

I think you are right about the two different Chickasaw additions. I wish I knew how to look up the zoning of a plot of land but I don't. :waitasec: I do know, however, that in Orange County variances can be filed and notice of a hearing before the zoning board would appear in the paper. The HOA out there and/or individual home owners would then be able to object to the change. I know our HOA will occasionally go to these hearings and object to certain things being built near our access roads. Our objections don't always stop things, however. The final decision for a zoning change is up to the board.

That's been my point all along. The land obviously floods, probably contains wetlands, probably isn't zoned for all the things being speculated about here. And, yes, the homeowners' association probably has oodles of covenants too, although those are much easier hurdles to jump than the other issues I mentioned.

Where I live, these leftover pieces are often turned over to the ownership of the HOA. I don't know if the original developers hoped to later develop this piece so hung onto it or if it was so bad the HOA didn't want ownership. It could even be the owners bought it to prevent the land from being used if they lived there, although I understand they don't live in Orlando now.

I'm sure at some point we'll know what the land is zoned, whether it is in a floodplain, etc. I just have a hunch the Anthonys or their supporter have been snookered unless they bought the land only to keep anyone else from doing anything with it.

And I would guess there's not a lot that could be done with the land or it would have been attractive to a buyer long before now.

Yes, I think I read that somewhere about DM as well and that might put a stop to those plans (one can only hope).

I think you are right about the two different Chickasaw additions. I wish I knew how to look up the zoning of a plot of land but I don't. :waitasec: I do know, however, that in Orange County variances can be filed and notice of a hearing before the zoning board would appear in the paper. The HOA out there and/or individual home owners would then be able to object to the change. I know our HOA will occasionally go to these hearings and object to certain things being built near our access roads. Our objections don't always stop things, however. The final decision for a zoning change is up to the board.

Just go to the courthouse and ask to see the plat for Chickasaw 3. The zoning for the entire subdivision would be on that plat. Or look up the actual parcel in the deed books. The zone would be listed there too.

Isn't Nancy Grace sympathetic to Cindy? I have heard her express it and defend her many times. I doubt Nancy or HLN are involved in buying the land though! I guess Nancy's just a finger on the hand...(reference to GA's hand analogy, now we have a hand of sympathizers....a bad attempt at a joke, sorry!)

NG used to be sympathetic to Cindy, but Thursday night on her show she went ballistic about Cindy eating crab puffs and steak on the very night Caylee's remains were found. I had never heard NG speak so harshly about the Anthonys. I commend her for opening her eyes.

NG used to be sympathetic to Cindy, but Thursday night on her show she went ballistic about Cindy eating crab puffs and steak on the very night Caylee's remains were found. I had never heard NG speak so harshly about the Anthonys. I commend her for opening her eyes.

She was sympathetic until she got the plumb videos and pictures from the memorial. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against NG. I just think she needs to be careful pointing the "living it up at the Ritz" finger. Several posters noticed awhile back that NG had new photos of Caylee as a baby. These things don't come cheap. NG might want to tread lightly...

Just go to the courthouse and ask to see the plat for Chickasaw 3. The zoning for the entire subdivision would be on that plat. Or look up the actual parcel in the deed books. The zone would be listed there too.

Actually I just looked it up on the title records. It is zoned:
Zoning: OR R-1A
which is single family residential

Orange Zoning Codes

But I would still check with the zoning dept to verify the accuracy of the title records. Things change and the masterplan could have been amended.

I personally wouldn't take my kids to a playground where a 2 year old's body was found. To think of her little bones scattered around that area while my kids are playing would be depressing. It wouldn't be a place of fond memories or happy times. It would be a place of mourning and sadness. I would never be able to sit and have a meal with my family at a picnic table without wanting to throw up at the thoughts of what happened to that little girl and that her bones were found where my kids feet now run and thier voices laugh.

Then again, I'm not a "shrine" type of person either.

She was sympathetic until she got the plumb videos and pictures from the memorial. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against NG. I just think she needs to be careful pointing the "living it up at the Ritz" finger. Several posters noticed awhile back that NG had new photos of Caylee as a baby. These things don't come cheap. NG might want to tread lightly...

Doesn't everyone and their cousin have video and pictures from the memorial? It was streamed live online and televised. Why would NG pay for that? We really don't know where NG got the Caylee photos from, could have been a helpful viewer?:)

Orange Zoning Codes

But I would still check with the zoning dept to verify the accuracy of the title records. Things change and the masterplan could have been amended.

Thank you! I was just trying to use the infomap and once I found the parcel and clicked the Orange County zoning filter it kept coming back as "no info found". Can you tell I'm a beginner at sleuthing online:rolling:? At least I found the parcel though... it's a start. LOL

What I was worried about was that new teen group home thing I mentioned earlier that KFN is trying to start up. Hopefully it wouldn't work out for them anyway because that would probably be considered a multi-family home.

I personally wouldn't take my kids to a playground where a 2 year old's body was found. To think of her little bones scattered around that area while my kids are playing would be depressing. It wouldn't be a place of fond memories or happy times. It would be a place of mourning and sadness. I would never be able to sit and have a meal with my family at a picnic table without wanting to throw up at the thoughts of what happened to that little girl and that her bones were found where my kids feet now run and thier voices laugh.

Then again, I'm not a "shrine" type of person either.

Wouldn't it be better for the kids to have a a nice, safe playground to go to, than that swampy, trash filled lot, right next to their school? The way that lot looked when LE started would be enough to keep kids talking about the creepy place, even before KC used it as her own personal family plot. I can only imagine what the bigger kids say to the younger ones since Caylee was found there.

If it was cleared, filled with new dirt and and maybe a small garden along with some nice playground equipment; it wouldn't be the same place KC used. It would be a place of laughing children and happy voices. Someplace Caylee would have loved to go and play. Wouldn't that help the children who have to go past it everyday to heal and stop remembering the creepy place the bad lady left her baby?

While I understand some adults would have misgivings about using it, those are grown up feelings, children are so much more in the moment. It would take something bad and replace it with something good.

Thanks, JBean. That's what I figured. I doubt if it's been rezoned recently or it would have been all over the news. A rezoning would require hearings before the planning commission and the county's governing body.

I just looked up the allowed uses for R-1A and it appears recreational facilities are allowed with a special use permit, but that section appears to be focused more on commercial recreational facilities like golf courses, day camps, skating rinks, that kind of thing. Botanical gardens are also allowed with a special use permit.

Of course that wouldn't address any covenants the homeowners' association might have. And a special use permit would I'm sure require at minimum a hearing before the planning commission.

I'm focusing on this because I do doubt anyone can just purchase the land and do what they want with it. The HOA has said they're opposed to any kind of memorial. Unless the buyers are buying the land to prevent that, I think they're going to have a fight on their hands.

Who knows, maybe the HOA bought the land with the Anthonys' support in order to make sure it isn't turned into a memorial.

Orange Zoning Codes

Thank you! I was just trying to use the infomap and once I found the parcel and clicked the Orange County zoning filter it kept coming back as "no info found". Can you tell I'm a beginner at sleuthing online:rolling:? At least I found the parcel though... it's a start. LOL

What I was worried about was that new teen group home thing I mentioned earlier that KFN is trying to start up. Hopefully it wouldn't work out for them anyway because that would probably be considered a multi-family home.

A group home is allowed by right in that zone, but is limited to no more than six residents.

Doesn't everyone and their cousin have video and pictures from the memorial? It was streamed live online and televised. Why would NG pay for that? We really don't know where NG got the Caylee photos from, could have been a helpful viewer?:)

Even though it was broadcast and streamed everywhere it is still a copyrighted broadcast that NG would have to pay to use on her show. Who owns the copyright of the broadcast is what I would be interested in.

Even though it was broadcast and streamed everywhere it is still a copyrighted broadcast that NG would have to pay to use on her show. Who owns the copyright of the broadcast is what I would be interested in.

The video taken was a pool feed. Which means anyone can stream it.
A pool feed is distributed to members of the broadcast pool who are free to edit it or use it as they see fit.

The copyright would be held on the film itself, not the event. And since it was a public event and could be filmed by anyone who wanted, copyrighting any individual film would be pretty useless.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back