Attorney for Casey Anthony's parents comments on state seeking death penalty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the DP is back on will there be 12 jurors instead of 6??

If we had never 'met' the senior Anthonys before...

If we had never heard them ranting and raving...

If we had never seen them clutching baseball bats, hammers, and hoses...

If we had never heard their rude reactions to anyone offering aid...

If we had not listened to their 'mistruths' and twisting of words...

If we had not seen them defiant and contemptuous of authority, the police, the courts, and the laws of the land...

If we had not witnessed their apparent collections of money for searches that never happened...

If we had not witnessed them running over the feelings of others...

If we had not heard their accusations against anyone and everyone besides their lawfully arrested daughter...

If we had not wondered when they were going to support their slain grand daughter instead of her accused killer...

If all these things had never happened, then this announcement would gather support and sympathy.

However, we have 'met' the Anthonys.

I think this is one of the main questions, that I have, do they really believe what they tell the public ? I don't see how they could with all of the evidence that has come out. I guess though if you can tell yourself that the evidence is no good because there are typos, then you can live in a make believe world.

If we had never 'met' the senior Anthonys before...

If we had never heard them ranting and raving...

If we had never seen them clutching baseball bats, hammers, and hoses...

If we had never heard their rude reactions to anyone offering aid...

If we had not listened to their 'mistruths' and twisting of words...

If we had not seen them defiant and contemptuous of authority, the police, the courts, and the laws of the land...

If we had not witnessed their apparent collections of money for searches that never happened...

If we had not witnessed them running over the feelings of others...

If we had not heard their accusations against everyone and everyone besides their lawfully arrested daughter...

If we had not wondered when they were going to support their slain grand daughter instead of her accused killer...

If all these things had never happened, then this announcement would gather support and sympathy.

However, we have 'met' the Anthonys.
For some reason there is no "thanks" button on some posts?

Here you can borrow mine:

attachment.php

Quite frankly the A family can only be doing one of three things
1- They do live in a completely different universe than we do. And view Casey through Rose colored glasses and see a wonderful honest, loving daughter and mother.
2- Know their daughter is lying and that she killed Caylee but are intentionally lying for her so that she goes free.
3- Know that Casey killed Caylee but while in public pretend to support her.

Take any of these scenarios and it still means they are a family in need of some serious psychological help. I tend to stray away from number 1 because in the very beginning the A family were much more truthful about the facts in the case. Now they just straight out lie.
What I still don't quite understand is how this family in all their "support" doesn't see fit to visit their loving daughter/sister for months on end.

What I still don't quite understand is how this family in all their "support" doesn't see fit to visit their loving daughter/sister for months on end.

Because I'm not sure they can stomach actually pretending in front of Casey. So they use the excuse that all visits are tape recorded and that's why they haven't gone to see Casey.

I think it's easy for them to put on their "game face" in front of the public when they see Casey in court. It would be much more difficult to sit and talk to Casey and spew forth undying devotion, loyalty, and love.

Because I'm not sure they can stomach actually pretending in front of Casey. So they use the excuse that all visits are tape recorded and that's why they haven't gone to see Casey.
I get that, but truly...how different is saying they support their daughter from actually going to see her?

Well they're initial "reason" for not visiting was that the visits would be released to the public and that they would be vilified in the media...It's interesting to think about this after their debacle dispositions! They didn't care enough to get a handle on their behavior for the dispositions so, I cannot fathom why they would care less about their visits being made public. I'm starting to strongly suspect that, on JB's council, that KC has refused them visits.

MOO

I get that, but truly...how different is saying they support their daughter from actually going to see her?

Because I don't think they can really control themselves. They can't control what they say or how they say it. And I believe they know a visit could only further hurt their daughters case. They want badly to see Casey walk. If you could take nothing at all from their depositions you can clearly see more than anything they want Casey to walk. I haven't made up my mind if they truly know she's guilty and want her to walk free anyway because it's not up to society to punish their daughter. Or if they have wrapped themselves completely in denial and truly believe she didn't commit the murder.

I also think they're being fed information, and not necessarily the correct information.

I strongly believe that JB is "forbidding" them to come to see her. Something along the lines of "you'd be hurting KC's case by talking to her and having the tapes released on the news the next day." I also think he's talked KC into not accepting any visits for the same reason.

Joke is, it appears (to me) to be more suspicious that there are no visits. He's a special one, that JB.

ETA: Ninja'd by the clearly brilliant Pink Panther! Hee!

It's not going to happen, but how about lock the whole GACALAKC in a room for 12 hours with 4 chairs, and a plain table?

I strongly believe that JB is "forbidding" them to come to see her. Something along the lines of "you'd be hurting KC's case by talking to her and having the tapes released on the news the next day." I also think he's talked KC into not accepting any visits for the same reason.

Joke is, it appears (to me) to be more suspicious that there are no visits. He's a special one, that JB.

ETA: Ninja'd by the clearly brilliant Pink Panther! Hee!

Might some of it have to do with Jose wanting to be the only person she has to talk with, maybe he feels if her parents visit her she might weaken.

It's not going to happen, but how about lock the whole GACALAKC in a room for 12 hours with 4 chairs, and a plain table?

Better bolt the chairs and table legs tightly to the floor, with very strong bolts. LOL!

I think BC has been caught drinking the Juice.

I think they should love their daughter no matter what. I understand that. What I can not understand is how do you support the person who took the life of of her own child your grandchild.

I would hope if I was in that situation I would still love my child, BUT, I would tell them that they have to take the penalty for what they have done no matter what that may be. And to lie for them, well no wonder KC tells lies she got it from some where. The apple does not fall far from the tree.

I thinking loving your child is one thing but it does not mean they should get away with murder. If you truly love them you let them face their own Consequences.

I think it's easy for them to put on their "game face" in front of the public when they see Casey in court. It would be much more difficult to sit and talk to Casey and spew forth undying devotion, loyalty, and love.

That is a poker face family. KC is the queen of poker face. I found this lovely poem on another message board. I think it says it all:

Quoting Casey,

"Everyone lies
Everyone dies."

But not everyone fries.
Just you, Casey.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-caysey-anthony-family-statement-041509,0,3019441.story

Sarah Lundy | Sentinel Staff Writer
3:59 PM EDT, April 15, 2009

The attorney for Casey Anthony's parents released a statement today about prosecutors seeking the death penalty against the 23-year-old.

"The State's decision to seek the death penalty will not change the support and love the Anthony's have for Casey. Casey Anthony, like all other defendants, is entitled to the presumption of innocence. If the State can overcome that presumption before a jury of 12 of Casey's peers, the Anthonys will then begin to deal with the potential sentence," Brad Conway said in an e-mail to the Orlando Sentinel.

A fine statement it is! What the he77 else could "they" say. I'm looking forward to them all dealing with the ACTUAL sentence!

MOO

Grammar hound that I am, I'm a little concerned that Conway used "Anthony's" in his email rather than "Anthonys".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member