Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look where he parked...I bet it was conveniently so the cameras can see him arrive home at 7:00 am to confirm his alibi. I notice there is plenty of room for him to pull on into the garage next to his wife's car, but he parks halfway down the driveway. What do you bet there is also a way in and out of the home where it is out of sight for the cameras, too? This guy is not fooling anyone, imo.

http://www.kmov.com/perl/common/slideshow/sspop.pl?recid=16192&previous=1 Third photo shows the vehicle.

What a sad case. :(

I have no idea what to think yet. :confused:

Bless this family and friends.

Such beautiful children that will never grow up.

Heartbreaking,
fran

Beautiful new home, great neighborhood, bills, bills.............
What profession is husband.......
insurance spells out for me???
girlfriend???

Beautiful new home, great neighborhood, bills, bills.............
What profession is husband.......
insurance spells out for me???
girlfriend???
He is Chief of Security for Joyce Meyer Ministries (very well known and making $$$). He sometimes travels with her (which could lean towards a GF...not Joyce, hopefully, but someone involved with the Ministry). I would not be at all surprised if he had good life insurance like you mentioned.

http://www.joycemeyer.org/

This statement bothers me.: Joyce Meyer arrived in the neighborhood about 8 a.m. today to console the neighbors. Meyer told them that Chris Coleman "needs a lot of prayer. He needs to be uplifted."

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...E3D3A51987E00AF8862575AD004CF008?OpenDocument

Shouldn't she have said she was there to console Chris Coleman instead of the neighbors?! She got there an hour after he arrived and found the bodies. Does she suspect he could be responsible?

I guessing the husband , way to close to neigbors, just guessing. I know area, nice.

He is Chief of Security for Joyce Meyer Ministries (very well known and making $$$). He sometimes travels with her (which could lean towards a GF...not Joyce, hopefully, but someone involved with the Ministry). I would not be at all surprised if he had good life insurance like you mentioned.

http://www.joycemeyer.org/

This statement bothers me.: Joyce Meyer arrived in the neighborhood about 8 a.m. today to console the neighbors. Meyer told them that Chris Coleman "needs a lot of prayer. He needs to be uplifted."

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...E3D3A51987E00AF8862575AD004CF008?OpenDocument

Shouldn't she have said she was there to console Chris Coleman instead of the neighbors?! She got there an hour after he arrived and found the bodies. Quick response, huh?

Oh wow. I really smell a rat now!!! I have the feeling she has been "uplifting" one of his body parts....

Now we just need to know who the girlfriend is...I kid I kid!

It's like these cases follow the same script though. Like the jogging housewives syndrome.....

Oh no, I think you are 100% right on!!!!

OK, so what ministry needs a security guard all night?
Joyce Meyer Ministries is a huge organization. She is a televangelist (?), best selling author, and has several ways of making money. She travels all over the country doing her work while filling stadiums and concert halls. (She is scheduled to be in Tulsa, OK at the new BOK Center on May 14-16.) We are talking big money!! Security detail for her would be required in every venue. I am guessing his job would pay fairly well since he does travel some with her.

This brings up the question of why are they having such financial trouble? His job sounds pretty secure unless there were troubles on that front we are unaware of at this time.

Oh wow. I really smell a rat now!!! I have the feeling she has been "uplifting" one of his body parts....
She has been married for 40+ years to Dave Meyer, who is also VP on her board of directors. Looks like two (out of 4 children) of their grown sons are also on the board. I am thinking if he is having an affair...she isn't the one. ;)

Oh, but can you even imagine the scandal if she were?!

I was thinking her comment about consoling the neighbors could mean she may have reason to suspect him for this horrific crime. ;)

You know, I almost posted that IMO, Joyce showed up at the scene way to quickly KWIM? But thought I'd be pushing it. Ha!

She might be only uplifting people's wallets, but Omg, ITA SS, this would be a scandal for sure.

My sympathy is with the victims always. I don't know what to think about the husband yet, but I do not like what I am already thinking.

This was a 'soft kill' in that apparently they were strangled. No bloody scene. Signs of a struggle? I would like to know if the home was ransacked and if any valuables were missing.

This guy knows about security. He had cameras installed and should have had motion lighting outside the home. The neighbors are in close proximity and heard nothing. Having been in the Marine's, Military Police, and a dog handler, this guy knows forensics and how not to leave a trail. I just feel that if he wanted to make sure his family was safe during the night while he was at work, they would have been.

It is such a shame that this mother and her two sons were murdered. Again, my sympathy is with them.

Very cute pics of boys at the below link:

Police have no suspects but they have security camera footage and some prior police interaction as leads in the deaths of a mom and her two sons in their Columbia home.
Sheri Coleman, 31, and their two sons, Garrett, 11, and Gavin, 9, were all found early Tuesday strangled in their home at 2854 Robert Drive in Columbia.
Neighbors said Chris Coleman came home early Tuesday from his job working security for Joyce Meyer Ministries, an evangelical group in Fenton, Mo., and found the bodies. He came outside, was yelling, crying and rolling on the lawn when neighbors spotted him and called police. (more at link)
http://www.bnd.com/100/story/756501.html?commentSort=TimeStampAscending&pageNum=1

It appears family and friends are out in full force defending Chris on article comments. According to them he could not have done this because, he's a Christian, a Marine, adored his family, had a happy marriage, came from a loving family, and the obligatory "they KNOW him". Sorry, but that describes half the male murderers we have threads on at WS, but I do hope they are right and I'm wrong.

Well I am hoping he had nothing to do with this.

I guess we will see how the investigation goes and what is learned.

I just wondered if the Ministry has had some trouble with a fanatical extremist of some kind and somehow he got involved because he is in charge of security.

Since only 7% of spouses kill their spouses, I am hoping he isn't one of those 7%.

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/relationship.htm

Victim/Offender Relationship, 1976-2005

All homicides,
1976-2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total 100.0% 594,276
Stranger 13.9% 82,428
Nonstranger
Spouse 7.0% 41,700
Other family 8.0% 47,358
Boyfriend/Girlfriend 3.8% 22,829
Other Acquaintance 32.1% 190,767
Relationship undetermined 35.2% 209,194

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

imoo

The statement from Joyce Meyer Ministries reads: "This morning, Joyce Meyer Ministries received news that Chris Coleman, a long time member of our ministry, experienced one of the greatest losses imaginable -- the loss of his family. We have assured Chris that he has our full support, encouragement, and prayer during this time of immense grief.

"Chris Coleman is a very dear friend," Joyce Meyer said. "Dave and I are grieving with him over this unexpected and devastating tragedy. Words are not enough. He knows that our love and our sincerest prayers are with him. Chris has a long journey ahead of him, but we know that his faith is strong."

This sounds as standoffish as the other comment she made, imo. I think she suspects something is amiss here or am I reading more into it than I should?

Also...if they were really strangled...why are LE looking in everyone's trash and in all the manholes? Makes no sense. There must be something else which took place inside that house.

Crime scene investigators at 10:55 a.m. were walking down Robert Drive and neighboring roads going through the detritus in trash cans lined up in front of homes waiting for the garbage collector. By 11:27 a.m. investigators were popping manhole covers and peering inside the sewer system.

http://www.bnd.com/100/story/756501.html?commentSort=TimeStampAscending&pageNum=1

You know, I really hope I'm wrong and I know people have different reactions to grief, but rolling on the lawn?

Also, there doesn't seem to be anything in the articles mentioning numerous police reports that must've happened with all the threats? What about the vandalizing of the mailbox? It seems to me that there would have been a mention from the police that there had been threats, not that he had "told neighbors." The heck with the neighbors, I'd be calling the police with every threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member