Identified! IL - Will Co., Male body in Des Plaines River, May'09 - Gary Schmidt

Status
Not open for further replies.
wouldn't they be able to take some samples from the crotch area on these?

Personally, I think what they have are tattered remains of panties - maybe a few bits of fabric up by the elastic waistband.

The fabric in the crotch area would most likely have disintegrated by now, IMO.

Personally, I think what they have are tattered remains of panties - maybe a few bits of fabric up by the elastic waistband.

The fabric in the crotch area would most likely have disintegrated by now, IMO.

I agree, but they don't need samples from the crotch area. They have enough DNA from the bones I believe and those results should be available in the next 2 weeks...maybe as early as Wednesday.

Come on, this is Chicago. Bodies bodies everywhere.

Although I do love it here. It comes with the terrritory. Big city = more bodies. Its all relative. It just so happen that two thugs decided to pop their wives off in close proximity to each other and make national news.

It's not all that bad - Naperville ranked #4 suburbs to live in US, Orland Park, #49. We do have nice neighborhoods just a few wife beating murderers is all, and the recent bad pr on our lovely governors and CPS shootings.

In a bigger picture, it's a beautiful city. I've lived all over the country, I'm happy to be home.

ITA. Plus, with all the bodies of water we have, there are more places to hide a body. Unfortunately, murder happens. Premeditated murder happens more (IMO) when there's a place to put the body.

For the average person in the Chicago area who stays clear of gangs (and evil husbands), it's a remarkably safe place. I know St. Louis and Milwaukee well, too, and I feel safer walking in Chicago. It wasn't that way 25-30 years ago.

Drew didn't have enough time to research currents of the Des Plaines River. He rid of her in haste - her sister had one incredible hunch - like sisters do - and was on him that night - callling and callling and he needed to act fast. Not to mention the ping when she called and she answered.

Not the brighest bulb. Disposing of a body and you need to answer your cell phone. You're that important that you have to take the call? No, not anymore Drew - you're a number now. You don't have a name anymore or a cell phone - loser. Just a pay phone, and no one's calling.

I used to think that DP methodically planned this out and SP would never be found. I used to think that as a police officer, DP would NEVER dispose of a body in the river, he'd have to know better... right?

Now I'm not so sure... perhaps it was unplanned and he had limited time and resources to rid himself of the body & evidence, if he dumped her in the river, barrel or no barrel... then it was out of necessity because he had no other choice. I think if cass hadn't called that night, he'd have tried to set up SP's "Boyfriend" in Joliet. Of course that's assuming this is in fact Stacy.

Come on, this is Chicago. Bodies bodies everywhere.

Although I do love it here. It comes with the terrritory. Big city = more bodies. Its all relative. It just so happen that two thugs decided to pop their wives off in close proximity to each other and make national news.

It's not all that bad - Naperville ranked #4 suburbs to live in US, Orland Park, #49. We do have nice neighborhoods just a few wife beating murderers is all, and the recent bad pr on our lovely governors and CPS shootings.

In a bigger picture, it's a beautiful city. I've lived all over the country, I'm happy to be home.

LOL, I wasn't meaning to say anything bad about the city. The more people you get in any city, the higher the chances for murder. And it has been over a year and a half since Stacy's disappearance. All I meant to say was that yes, other remains have been found and there has been other speculation that they might be Stacy. But they were quickly ruled out. Is that better?

LOL, I wasn't meaning to say anything bad about the city. The more people you get in any city, the higher the chances for murder. And it has been over a year and a half since Stacy's disappearance. All I meant to say was that yes, other remains have been found and there has been other speculation that they might be Stacy. But they were quickly ruled out. Is that better?

No offense taken whatsoever!:) I'm thick skinned, and note that I live in "Crook" County, certainly a play on words. No need to correct yourself. It's all good!:):)

I used to think that DP methodically planned this out and SP would never be found. I used to think that as a police officer, DP would NEVER dispose of a body in the river, he'd have to know better... right?

Now I'm not so sure... perhaps it was unplanned and he had limited time and resources to rid himself of the body & evidence, if he dumped her in the river, barrel or no barrel... then it was out of necessity because he had no other choice. I think if cass hadn't called that night, he'd have tried to set up SP's "Boyfriend" in Joliet. Of course that's assuming this is in fact Stacy.

That is for sure. I'm sure he would have preferred more time but didn't have it. Drew know better? I'd bet his IQ is no higher than a monkey. After you kill your wife, how many men ask their step brothers to haul a container from the bedroom when the wife's missing? I would say he's the first. And then who would offer a fellow COP 25k to pop off the soon to be ex? Don't mistake his cockiness and fast gum chewing for being quick witted and smart - nooooo. He's a total moron. No brain cells there. Just gum.

It seems that DrewP has a history of planning. Kathleen told her relatives that DrewP told her that he could kill her and make it look like an accident. Stacy asked her sister that if she ever disappeared, would Cass look for her. I think it is more likely that DrewP did draw on his experience and what he learned about concealing bodies. But I don't think he was as smart as he thought he was.

Plus I think that DrewP really thought that there wouldn't be that much effort to look for Stacy. He himself tried to plant the fact that Stacy would get upset and threaten to leave, that she was taking psychiatric meds, he reminded people that her mother disappeared. I think he thought if he had a good story about her disappearance that people would just pass it off as another wife who ran away with another man.

That is for sure. I'm sure he would have preferred more time but didn't have it. Drew know better? I'd bet his IQ is no higher than a monkey. After you kill your wife, how many men ask their step brothers to haul a container from the bedroom when the wife's missing? I would say he's the first. And then who would offer a fellow COP 25k to pop off the soon to be ex? Don't mistake his cockiness and fast gum chewing for being quick witted and smart - nooooo. He's a total moron. No brain cells there. Just gum.

LOL, just gum..... I like that!

Was it a cop that he offered to pay to kill Kathleen? I didn't think that the prosecutor said who he tried to get to kill her in 2003. I know an officer was the one that he told something about how he would be better off if Kathleen was dead.... but that was about 3 weeks before she died. So I thought they were two different things.

It seems that DrewP has a history of planning. Kathleen told her relatives that DrewP told her that he could kill her and make it look like an accident. Stacy asked her sister that if she ever disappeared, would Cass look for her. I think it is more likely that DrewP did draw on his experience and what he learned about concealing bodies. But I don't think he was as smart as he thought he was.

Plus I think that DrewP really thought that there wouldn't be that much effort to look for Stacy. He himself tried to plant the fact that Stacy would get upset and threaten to leave, that she was taking psychiatric meds, he reminded people that her mother disappeared. I think he thought if he had a good story about her disappearance that people would just pass it off as another wife who ran away with another man.

Drew has a history of being downright stupid. How did he ever manage to get that job? become Sgt?

LOL, just gum..... I like that!

Was it a cop that he offered to pay to kill Kathleen? I didn't think that the prosecutor said who he tried to get to kill her in 2003. I know an officer was the one that he told something about how he would be better off if Kathleen was dead.... but that was about 3 weeks before she died. So I thought they were two different things.

It was an undercover narcotics cop.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/1587227,peterson-bond-murder_jo052209.article

Duh. That was smart Drew.

The narcotics cop he offered to pay and the fellow cop he confided the "better off dead" comment to were two different people. Wanted to make that distinction.

"A little bit taken aback" tsk, tsk! Peternon really is a true narcissist!

Wonder if DP is his jovial, fun-loving old self this holiday weekend, with an unattainable bond and a body waiting to be identified. :D

"Peterson was “a little bit taken aback” by the decision not to reduce his bond at all, defense attorney Joel Brodsky said.”

http://www.suntimes.com/news/peterson/1587229,drew-peterson-savio-murder-offer-money-052209.article

Between his (Drew's) and Brodsky's cocky attitudes, I am sure they had both convinced themselves that Drew would be sitting on his back patio this weekend enjoying barbecue.

Thank goodness for Judge Policandriotes--she wasn't bowled over by the "wit and charm" sitting at the defense table. She used her head and common sense to deny his bond reduction.

Regarding the question of whether Drew is very bright -- he doesn't strike me as intelligent, he strikes me as cunning. When I see him in action, I see a goon and a . I have no reason to believe he'd have been asked to bring the potato salad to the Mensa picnic this year (even if he weren't in jail... :crazy:).

I think that after he "successfully" murdered Kathleen Savio, he thought he was invincible, and could truly get away with murder. This might have been his undoing, as when he decided to get rid of Stacy, he only succeeded in drawing attention to himself -- and reopened the investigation on the death of his third wife. One could bet that if he hadn't taken matters into his own hands with Stacy, that he would have "let sleeping dogs lie", so to speak.

Kind of makes you wonder (yet again) why these guys don't just seek a divorce... It's a power, control, narcissism thing...

Skymom

Make no mistake, true Sociopaths have no feelings, but for themselves. "Taken aback," aw gee, JB, that was a brilliant comment. That's the least of what he'll be feeling over the rest of his life, and who cares?

The narcotics cop he offered to pay and the fellow cop he confided the "better off dead" comment to were two different people. Wanted to make that distinction.

Ok, now I am wondering. If there were two separate officers.... were either one of those officers the officer who sat on the coroners jury and convinced the other jurors to ignore evidence, or was there a third officer?

Thanks for that article, I hadn't seen it. Very informative!

LOL, Brodsky is getting his info from the media

At the start of Friday's hearing, Brodsky accused Policandriotes of ordering Peterson to pay child support to Savio during their divorce proceedings. Policandriotes said this was impossible, since she was never on the divorce call. Brodsky later said he thought he read this in a newspaper.

And the article confirms that the judge is the one who cancelled Kathleen's protective order on Kathleen's request. I knew that would bother JB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awb1903