Identified! IL - Will Co., Male body in Des Plaines River, May'09 - Gary Schmidt

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like he immediately wrapped her up in a tarp or something. Sort of like I think Scott Peterson did too. They never found any forensic evidence in the house that showed them Laci had died inside her home, right?

What time of day did TM help DP remove the blue barrel? Was it late at night or in the broad daylight?

imo

Good Morning Ocean, I thought they loaded the barrel/container around 10pm at night acc to what Tom said. I'm not too sure about that.

As to Laci, I don't remember if they found evidence of her death in the house. The mop was by the back door and smelled of of bleach acc to a lady police officer from the MPD, a first respondant, but I'd have to review that. I think you are right about that. xox

I agree with most of what other posters are saying.....except I do believe DP dismembered Stacy to hide evidence. Yes other bones can be tested, but they aren't as easy or sure as certain bones (sternum, teeth, hair root, large bones....) and DP knew this. None of those things have been found, not that they won't be....but not yet. Just saying I think it was his plan.

"Identifying Characteristics: Pierced ears, tattoo of a blue and yellow "carnation" with black "tribal" around it on the small of her back, tattoo of two red "cherries" with green "leaves" on front left hip, surgical scar across lower abdomen."

Getting rid of the pelvis, head, and hands removes most of the easily identifiable markers. No more tattoos, surgical scars, or pelvic bones to tell sex or if they have had children; and if it was done outside, as I believe he did, disposing of clothing, tools etc is much easier, especially if he had been planning this. For all we know, he put the different parts in different containers and the other container was the one he was trying to get the truckers to carry out of state for him.

What if they only found the not easily identifible parts and they were too degraded to test? Home free!! I believe that is what he was thinking, and didn't really plan on this happening when it did, so maybe everything wasn't perfect....but pretty darn close.

Could the blue barrell TM helped carry really have been pool chlorine or some other chemical??? To hold the more important parts? He might have needed another container, couldn't dump the chemicals on the ground (plus he needed them), TM is good scapegoat.........could he have been doing this while TM sat at Krispy Kreme?? If Stacy was already at the airport in the trunk and he had already gathered his extra clothes, tools and containers, (the trip to place "stickers" on his plane actually a supply run??) a truck stop shower afterward.............I can see it :eek:

Thinking about this container... IF Stacy was put in there... Maybe he knocked her out and then stuffed her in there still alive but unconcious-making the container "warm". Then he took her somewhere else and killed her. I would think that if he killed her first.. there would be some kind of stench, swelling, and blood.... some kind of liquid leaking from the conatiner.

Okay, even if he put Stacy's body into the trunk of her car and drove her to the airport, he'd need a container at some point. You can't take a dead body out of a trunk at an airport without someone noticing!

There wasn't anyone at the airport except maybe 1 guy..........I always thought maybe he flew to Lake Michigan with her...........

Yes, that trip to the airport definitely ties in with all this........where did he go with her though?

LAKE MICHIGAN would be the obvious bet.

Remember, you aren't dealing with someone stupid......he's a cop--he covered all his avenues.....

If I recall the dogs didn't hit on the plane but they did hit at the retention pond at the airport......

IIRC, the plane was ruled out because of too much weight for an ultralight. (or was it too little space?)

There wasn't anyone at the airport except maybe 1 guy..........I always thought maybe he flew to Lake Michigan with her...........

Yes, that trip to the airport definitely ties in with all this........where did he go with her though?

LAKE MICHIGAN would be the obvious bet.

Remember, you aren't dealing with someone stupid......he's a cop--he covered all his avenues.....

If I recall the dogs didn't hit on the plane but they did hit at the retention pond at the airport......

there are two airports, one is a quick walk away and the other is way out in a rural area. I think the pond the dogs hit (or not) was the one close to the house where DP said she left her car.

If TM and DP didn't move the blue container until 10:00 pm., I doubt stacy was in there. I doubt he'd leave her body in the home all day long knowing at any time her sister could have come to the house looking for her. She was probably taken out earlier in a similar container (didn't they say there were TWO missing blue containers, or am I remembering wrong), and the 10:00 blue container probably contained other evidence he needed to get rid of. (night table, weapons, etc.?)

By all accounts I can see, the children were at home all morning, and Tracy was last heard from about 10:28 when Bruce finished his call with her. The son also mentions that everything got quiet after a big fight in the morning. By now some of these children would be up and about -- very difficult for him to remove Tracy from the BR. They (the children) didn't leave the house until about 1:00 when they went next door for about 15 or so minutes, while Drew "ran an errand." My guess, he took this time to hide her in the BR, planning to remove her later when the kids wouldn't be a problem. It seems counterintuitive to take her away from the bedroom, put her back there and have TM help move the container from the BR that night. Maybe a quick trip for dry ice?

My questions: Do we know exactly where the children were all day and early evening? And at what times that day was Stacy's car seen in the driveway? Wonder what we can make of TM"s "warm to the touch" statement?

If TM and DP didn't move the blue container until 10:00 pm., I doubt stacy was in there. I doubt he'd leave her body in the home all day long knowing at any time her sister could have come to the house looking for her. She was probably taken out earlier in a similar container (didn't they say there were TWO missing blue containers, or am I remembering wrong), and the 10:00 blue container probably contained other evidence he needed to get rid of. (night table, weapons, etc.?)

It might be some sort of superfakeusouttus plan. Poor Stacy in the first container, and DP struggling with her into the vehicle alone; and night table, tools, etc. in the second. But, why would the latter be warm?

Well Stacy sure may have been in the barrel that TM helped move but it just doesn't make sense. Imo, DP knew that TM wasn't stable and would not be able to keep what he did a secret.

Somehow for some reason I see DP just laughing his a^^ off as everyone scrambled to look for the infamous blue barrel. I find him that diabolical. I think he lives to pull the wool over people's eyes as if it is one big joke. He is a jerk no doubt about it but he is not a stupid man. If he had been stupid then he would have been arrested months ago. I just feel he was playing a game to throw LE off their game. Being a police officer for 29 years he knows how they think.

He certainly looks capable of moving a 100 pound body right by himself. He knows the less anyone else knows the better. If one other person knows something then it is not a secret.

I just feel that the blue barrel is a red herring but I would love to be wrong.

imo

]" But, why would the latter be warm?" quote from Peculiar petunia

Chemicals possibly or exposed to external heat source of some sort

"
"I just feel that the blue barrel is a red herring but I would love to be wrong."quote from above post

Me too; I just think it would be incredibly stupid to seek help to move a body.

Okay, even if he put Stacy's body into the trunk of her car and drove her to the airport, he'd need a container at some point. You can't take a dead body out of a trunk at an airport without someone noticing!

I just remembered something about Stacy's car. Neighbor Sharon says that Stacy's car was gone that Sunday morning. Sharon left to run some errands about 9:30am and returned sometime between 11:30am and noon. I'm trying to remember exactly what she said. I think Stacy's car was there when she left at 9;30am and gone when she returned.

It makes sense that if Drew killed Stacy that Sunday morning before she left the house, and was going to claim that she went to see her grandfather at the assisted care home, he'd have to do something with her car. If he left her car in the driveway, people would say "how did she go see her grandfather if her car is still here?"

Most people think that Drew drove her car to the nearby airport that was just around the corner from their house, left it there and walked back home - about a five minute walk.

It sounds like he immediately wrapped her up in a tarp or something. Sort of like I think Scott Peterson did too. They never found any forensic evidence in the house that showed them Laci had died inside her home, right?

What time of day did TM help DP remove the blue barrel? Was it late at night or in the broad daylight?

imo

By all accounts I can see, the children were at home all morning, and Tracy was last heard from about 10:28 when Bruce finished his call with her. The son also mentions that everything got quiet after a big fight in the morning. By now some of these children would be up and about -- very difficult for him to remove Tracy from the BR. They (the children) didn't leave the house until about 1:00 when they went next door for about 15 or so minutes, while Drew "ran an errand." My guess, he took this time to hide her in the BR, planning to remove her later when the kids wouldn't be a problem. It seems counterintuitive to take her away from the bedroom, put her back there and have TM help move the container from the BR that night. Maybe a quick trip for dry ice?

My questions: Do we know exactly where the children were all day and early evening? And at what times that day was Stacy's car seen in the driveway? Wonder what we can make of TM"s "warm to the touch" statement?

Hi Thelmadqawg, Even if she were wrapped up as Ocean suggests, if she were in that BR all afternoon, the only way I could see a cadaver dog not hitting in there is if she were in a sealed blue barrel/container.

The death scent is a combination of chemicals that eminate from the body and waft thru the air in waves. This is how they hit the dogs nose. Approx 2 hours for it to ripen, and he would know that IMO.

It might be some sort of superfakeusouttus plan. Poor Stacy in the first container, and DP struggling with her into the vehicle alone; and night table, tools, etc. in the second. But, why would the latter be warm?

Maybe it was by a heater. Or maybe he mixed some quik set concrete and that would generate heat.

Info on Clow Airport, the nearby facility:
http://www.bbclowairport.com/
Info on Aurora Municipal Airport, which is a larger, nearby facility:
http://www.auroraairport.com/home.htm

There have been more small area airports. There's still one in Dupage County, West Chicago.

Thanks! I couldn't remember the name of the airport that's just around the corner from the Peterson home. It's Clow, and it's walking distance to that airport from the home. I think the airport that Drew kept his ultralight at was Cushing, and it was some distance from Bolingbrook.

It was Cushing airport where Drew drove to that afternoon to put the FAA stickers on his ultralight. He took at least the two youngest children with him - it's not known if he took the two older boys.

I believe it was ruled out that he could have taken Stacy's body in the ultralight. Most ultralights are made for one person, although there are two-seat models out now. Here's two pictures of ultralights - they're like a sophisticated kite. :)

new_sport_447_small.jpg

microlight-airplane.jpg

Thanks! I couldn't remember the name of the airport that's just around the corner from the Peterson home. It's Clow, and it's walking distance to that airport from the home. I think the airport that Drew kept his ultralight at was Cushing, and it was some distance from Bolingbrook.

It was Cushing airport where Drew drove to that afternoon to put the FAA stickers on his ultralight. He took at least the two youngest children with him - it's not known if he took the two older boys.

I believe it was ruled out that he could have taken Stacy's body in the ultralight. Most ultralights are made for one person, although there are two-seat models out now. Here's two pictures of ultralights - they're like a sophisticated kite. :)

new_sport_447_small.jpg

microlight-airplane.jpg

Couple points:
1. I don't think there is a chance he took the body in the ultralight. It doesn't have a closed in compartment and he would risk someone seeing him hoist a body or barrel onto the Ultralight.

2. Regarding the body / barrel found recently: We must all remember these things. First, there are a lot of missing people in Illinois. Since these were bones, the only thing we really know is that the body is at least a year old (guess). We have no idea, without a forensic report, the upper end age of the bones. There is great likelihood that this body is totally unrelated to Stacy. And, regarding the barrel found, we have no evidence at this point to say it is even connected to the bones found. With the amount of bodies missing in Illinois, the number of disposed blue barrels is even much greater.

I truly hope this is Stacy. But I want to caution everyone to be open to the possibility that this isn't her. There are just too many options when you consider the number of missing people.

That's the thing about this case, is there's a lot of loose strings.

Stacy's car was not in the driveway when the next door neighbor, Sharon came home from running errands between 11:30am - noon. Stacy did talk to her sister's boyfriend, Bruce, at about 10:15am with the call ending about 10:28am. They discussed plans to paint at a rental house that Stacy's brother had rented later that day. That was the last time anyone outside of the Peterson home spoke to Stacy.

By the time Sharon called the Peterson home, about noon, asking to speak with Stacy, she was gone. One of the older boys answered the phone and hemmed and hawwed until Drew took the phone and told Sharon that Stacy had left to go visit her grandfather.

Hours later, Stacy's sister, Cassandra, call the grandfather in her attempts to find Stacy, and the grandfather said Stacy hadn't visited him that day.

So, we know that sometime between 10:28am, when the phone call with Bruce ended, and noon Stacy was gone, and Drew was making up excuses for her absence.

It's known that after Drew picked up the children from Sharon's, he went to Cushing airport to put the FAA stickers on his ultralight, taking the two youngest children with him. It's not known if the two older boys, who were then 13 and 14, went too. Drew's whereabouts from 1:00pm to 7:00pm are a mystery, other than going to Cushing airport.

I think the trip to Cushing airport to put the FAA stickers on his ultralight play a role in whatever happened. I think it's very possible that Drew made arrangements to meet someone at Cushing, who was paid to help dispose of Stacy.

Perhaps when Drew left the children with Sharon to run that brief 15 - 20 minute errand, it was to call someone from a payphone to arrange the meeting at Cushing airport. Drew knew enough about cell phones and cell phone pings to go through that elaborate charade with TM to set it up that it would appear that Stacy used her cell phone and called Drew's cell phone later that night. So he would know enough not to use his own cell phone to call someone who would help him. He wouldn't want that call on his cell phone to be traced by LE later.

"[Stacy] Peterson's own mother vanished from Blue Island [Illinois] in 1999 [should be 1998]. The couple's marriage certificate lists the whereabouts of Christie Toutges as unknown.

Per Drew:
"I believe she's [Stacy Peterson] either going to tell people where she is or she's going to go down deeper, like how her mom did," said [Drew] Peterson. Drew Peterson said there have been indications Toutges is still alive but she has yet to surface. Peterson hopes the tendency does not run in the family."

Inserted from <http://www.acandyrose.com/stacy_peterson_names.htm>

I agree with most of what other posters are saying.....except I do believe DP dismembered Stacy to hide evidence. Yes other bones can be tested, but they aren't as easy or sure as certain bones (sternum, teeth, hair root, large bones....) and DP knew this. None of those things have been found, not that they won't be....but not yet. Just saying I think it was his plan.

"Identifying Characteristics: Pierced ears, tattoo of a blue and yellow "carnation" with black "tribal" around it on the small of her back, tattoo of two red "cherries" with green "leaves" on front left hip, surgical scar across lower abdomen."

Getting rid of the pelvis, head, and hands removes most of the easily identifiable markers. No more tattoos, surgical scars, or pelvic bones to tell sex or if they have had children; and if it was done outside, as I believe he did, disposing of clothing, tools etc is much easier, especially if he had been planning this. For all we know, he put the different parts in different containers and the other container was the one he was trying to get the truckers to carry out of state for him.

What if they only found the not easily identifible parts and they were too degraded to test? Home free!! I believe that is what he was thinking, and didn't really plan on this happening when it did, so maybe everything wasn't perfect....but pretty darn close.

Could the blue barrell TM helped carry really have been pool chlorine or some other chemical??? To hold the more important parts? He might have needed another container, couldn't dump the chemicals on the ground (plus he needed them), TM is good scapegoat.........could he have been doing this while TM sat at Krispy Kreme?? If Stacy was already at the airport in the trunk and he had already gathered his extra clothes, tools and containers, (the trip to place "stickers" on his plane actually a supply run??) a truck stop shower afterward.............I can see it :eek:

I can think of a lot of adjectives to describe Drew Peterson, and one of them is COWARD. This abusive man wouldn't have the guts to dismember anyone. Second, where would he do it? You can completely rule out the house because of the mess and the number of people who would hear a chain saw. Then there are the woods or other remote locations. He simply didn't have time. He spent the day doing things that require witnesses. By that, I mean that going to the airport with a couple of kids, taking them over to Sharon's and being gone only 15 minutes, etc., hwas a way for him to leave a trail of witnesses that he was involved that day with life's mundane things.

Just getting away with enough time to drop a container with his wife's body is difficult and scary enough. On a strictly common sense note, there simply wasn't enough time for dismemberment. In addition, Drew Peterson is a coward, he simply wouldn't have had the guts to do something so grisly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frito