Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting comment on the stltoday.com site. BBM

"LadyDi May 26, 2009 2:11PM CST
Greetings all. My source from Columbia said the ligature was something similar to "piano wire", which is able to cut through the windwipe and artery. Causes a lot of bloodshed. Maybe they can find security tape that shows CC buying thin wire at the local Walmart along with the spray paint.Also, CC was known by everyone to wear hospital scrubs whenever he worked in his yard. Morning of killing, a neighbor down the street found bloody scrubs stuffed into his trash can. Hmmm, just a coincidence?"

I just edited this post, and I'm reposting because I originally posted it a number of pages ago. I wanted people to see the correction because I wouldn't want people to think that I think Drew Peterson has been anything but transparent. He is a flaming sociopath if there ever was one.

I don't think that there will be any eye witnesses to the crime either, I was thinking more along the lines of people that can testify to seeing CC's dark side. Its probably not important, especially since the jurors judgement shouldn't be clouded by CC's facade of Mr. All American boy as the trial won't be tried in the community that has "bought" that image hook, line and sinker.

I'm also hopeful that such witnesses will not be necessary because when I look at him he looks to me like a completely different man than the one we see in his family pictures. Its something that I've noticed with men like Drew Peterson too, its like once their inhumanity is exposed they lose the ability or maybe the will to wear the mask of humanity that once kept this dark side hidden. It is odd because it seems that despite their declared innocence they never seem to put that mask back on.

And the look is not that of a man who has lost everything he holds dear, or of a man who is horrified that people could think for a second he is capable of the crime he is accused of. Its not the look of a man who is condeming himself because while he did not commit the crime, he could not stop it from happening. I also wonder if it is also connected to the absence of pleas to find the "real" killer as one would think that would be an obvious behavior to shift the blame. I dunno

EDIT: I meant to say Scott Peterson. His "transformation" could be chalked up to physical attempts to alter his appearance, but :cow: it really does seem like an external manifestation of an inner character that had up to that time been hidden.

Wonder if it's possible that he could have possibly had some other kind of surveillance in the house--that maybe Sheri and the boys had no clue was there-- that he had feeding over to JMM where he worked so he could watch them while he was at work?
I've been wondering that myself all this time. I thought was odd that JM would rush to the crime scene and then fire CC the next day. Some of the equipment at the Coleman home was definitely from JMM. Wonder what was captured on the JMM equipment?

More interesting tidbits from Stltoday.com that I haven't seen mentioned here:

"chesterchick May 26, 2009 2:04PM CST
what I find odd is the colemans did get alot of the boys clothes that day they had the trailor. What was even more strange is they gave some of the clothes away "to those in need" a few days after obtaining them. I do feel for Sheri's family going through the house. When the colemans obtained the clothes that day the writings were still on the wall/walls."

"chesterchick May 26, 2009 2:20PM CST
runnergirl- exactly! I was discusted when I found out they had given some shirts to my sister for her children. of course she couldn't handle having them so she gave them back.and btw my sister in not in need of clothes so I'm not even sure why she was given them."

Both of them are named borrowers on the new mortgage - so I'd say her credit was not a problem or else she would have been left off the credit instrument. Her quitclaim on the Grant Deed in light of this makes absolutely no sense to me.

You're correct - FWIW, I don't understand the QuitClaim either.

Good evening! :seeya:

Nancy Grace will have some coverage of this case on her show tonight.

HLN on **NOW**

Spray painted on walls of dining room at murder scene: " you b*tch" and "punished".

More on Sheri later after NG covers Peterson case.

This is the only thing I can think of... (the reason she would do the quit claim)

She was doing missionary work outside the country and we know that at one point they were trying to sell the home.

Maybe she did it because she knew she would be out of the country doing missionary work and if she signed the home over to Chris and if the house sold while she was gone they would not need her sig on the paperwork.

This is the only reason I can think of why she did this and also this might explain the extra $28K refinance. So that she would have that money to live on while she was doing her missionary work.

Early on wasn't their reports that the house had recently been put up for sale and then taken off the market because it did not sell?

When did Sheri last go out of town or the country to do missionary work?

I see you beat me to this.

Exactly my point - you give up access to the collateral but keep your obligation on the debt? If that's the kind of financial advice given out in these seminars I'd want my money back.

No kidding!

I printed off the docs and looking at the signatures - in particular, the loop in the "O" in Coleman. We need a handwriting expert on here!!!

I have a questions in regards to the quit claim note. It states that it is one of 2 pages. Where is the second one? Also, I know that these documents must be notarized. Where is it?

Greetings all. My source from Columbia said the ligature was something similar to "piano wire", which is able to cut through the windwipe and artery. Causes a lot of bloodshed. Maybe they can find security tape that shows CC buying thin wire at the local Walmart along with the spray paint.Also, CC was known by everyone to wear hospital scrubs whenever he worked in his yard. Morning of killing, a neighbor down the street found bloody scrubs stuffed into his trash can. Hmmm, just a coincidence?"

Guitar strings?

This is the only thing I can think of... (the reason she would do the quit claim)

She was doing missionary work outside the country and we know that at one point they were trying to sell the home.

Maybe she did it because she knew she would be out of the country doing missionary work and if she signed the home over to Chris and the house sold while she was gone they would not need her sig on the paperwork.

This is the only reason I can think of why she did this and also this might explain the extra $28K refinance. So that she would have that money to live on while she was doing her missionary work.

Good thoughts! But...

Was she doing missionary work outside the country during the first 3 1/2 years since they bought that home and then re-financed it in Oct., if you know?

Was the house on the market since the re-fi in Oct.? Sorry, I can't remember when it was on the market.

I am one of the "guests" here that has been reading everything I can about this case. For some reason, it has held my attention like no other....probably because I can't imagine a father killing his own children. I'll never understand it.

Anyway, I remember reading an article on the STLToday site the day of the murders about LE finding a pair of scrub pants in a neighbor's trash can. Recently, I saw a photo slideshow from the day of the murders and most of the photos were of LE going through the neighbor's trash cans. What is strange to me is that LE has been eerily quiet about the scrub pants and any other items found in trash cans. I suspect that those pants are a key peice of evidence along with the DNA obtained from them. The comment above just further indicates that to me.

No kidding!

I printed off the docs and looking at the signatures - in particular, the loop in the "O" in Coleman. We need a handwriting expert on here!!!

I looked at the signatures and IMO the one on the refinanced mortgage and the quitclaim deed were made by the same person but I am not convinced that either of them match with the original mortgage signature. Also did anyone notice the difference in the "initials" between the original mortgage and the refinance?

The "C" is also different along with the "O" in Coleman.

I am one of the "guests" here that has been reading everything I can about this case. For some reason, it has held my attention like no other....probably because I can't imagine a father killing his own children. I'll never understand it.

Anyway, I remember reading an article on the STLToday site the day of the murders about LE finding a pair of scrub pants in a neighbor's trash can. Recently, I saw a photo slideshow from the day of the murders and most of the photos were of LE going through the neighbor's trash cans. What is strange to me is that LE has been eerily quiet about the scrub pants and any other items found in trash cans. I suspect that those pants are a key peice of evidence along with the DNA obtained from them. The comment above just further indicates that to me.

I believe we may learn more about the scrub pants on 6/10 at the preliminary hearing.

Possible, although a Power of Attorney with specific restrictions would do the same thing and be a lot less messy. With the Quit Claim, upon her return there would have to be a new deed recorded to put her back on title. With the POA just run it though the shredder and it's done.

Maybe the POA option did not run through their minds and maybe they just thought it would simpler doing it this way.

They refinanced because they needed the extra money for her missionary work? and they figured let try to sell the house. Maybe the refinance people said just do a quit claim deed while you are here and things will be taken care of if the house sells while you are gone.

(Taking your name off the deed or not having your name on the deed in IL means nothing. You are not signing away your rights to the property in the event of a divorce if that property was purchased during the marriage)

Maybe they just forgot to put her name back on the deed or maybe she wasn't worried about because she knew what IL laws were about property gained during the marriage.

Maybe they were going to put the house back on the market this summer when she would have been on her missionary trips she had planned for this summer.

Maybe she did it because she knew she would be out of the country doing missionary work and if she signed the home over to Chris and if the house sold while she was gone they would not need her sig on the paperwork.

Early on wasn't their reports that the house had recently been put up for sale and then taken off the market because it did not sell?

When did Sheri last go out of town or the country to do missionary work?

A Power of Attorney for Sheri would have been more logical.

She didn't give up her rights to the house. In IL name on the deed or not... If the property is acquired during the marriage then it is split 50/50 in the event of a divorce.

Why the quit claim was done is still a mystery but she was not giving up her rights to the house by signing the quit claim. No judge would take her 50% away after 11 years of marriage and with children being born between the 2 of them.
That is not always true. In Illinois if property is acquired during the marriage and then someone is deeded off during the marriage it can hold up in court assuming it wasn't a temporary situation.

But,on another note if they were holding the property with right of survivorship he would have no reason to deed her off if he was going to murder her.Only if he were going to divorce her would this make any sense at all.

Possible, although a Power of Attorney with specific restrictions would do the same thing and be a lot less messy. With the Quit Claim, upon her return there would have to be a new deed recorded to put her back on title. With the POA just run it though the shredder and it's done.

I agree, a POA would be a lot less messy.

He couldn't have just QC'd it from his name soley to them jointly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea