Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt7

Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA, we women know those scratches are on the back! But since you brought this up, you know it has really bothered me a lot that Sheri was found nude as in "he just had to humiliate her one more time" (and I agree) but do you think it might have been possible he had talked her into having sex with him and that is when he (sorry it's just too hard to type it) put his plan into action? I don't know why but I get the distinct feeling he wanted Sheri to know who was killing her...
:mad:
just thinking outloud...
I don't doubt he wanted her to know, but I keep thinking he may have donned a ski mask. She would have known it was him by his voice, but maybe he didn't speak to the boys. It sounds like a cowardly thing to do and the reason I think he may have done it this way. It would also have kept the red paint back spray off his hair (head) and face when he was painting.

ETA: I would not be surprised if he raped her, but I am skeptical on them having consensual sex for some reason. :(

I am just catching up on the documents, but what it *appears* to me is that Sherri died shortly after the neighbor heard the disturbance. The boys still being purple and no comment of rigor being present leads me to believe they died a considerable amount of time after Sherri. If they died in the same time frame and laid on their backs for hours the blood would have settled by then.

I am guessing Sheri was strangled by hand and the boys were done with twine. He resented Sheri, he was angry, that is personal. The boys I suspect were collateral damage and were done in a more impersonal way. I think the spray painting was the last thing done on the way out the door.

He should have spray painted "Another case of a husband with money and mistress problems slaughtering his family" instead of the ridiculous set up he went with. I am still baffled by months and months of preplanning resulting in *this* plan and *this* execution.

He also had another wedding anniversary (August) looming ahead....maybe he didn't wanna have to fake another celebration.

I don't know why but I get the distinct feeling he wanted Sheri to know who was killing her...
:mad:

(respectfully snipped) I have a hard time believing someone with this much need for control could ever resist the "vindication," or catharsis that could come with the ultimate power play... playing God--by ending someone's life because they'd "messed up" his. No, I don't think there's any way a controlling narcissist could deny himself--he intended to finish the job, and made sure he left no witnesses. JMO

:parrot:

Unbelievable! Wonder if he saved all seemingly inconsequential receipts? Most people throw them away.

You will never here me defending CC, but, if you have ever had to save receipts for taxes or a job, in my own experience it is a) hard habit to develop and b) a hard habit to break.

I save every receipt for everything and periodically clear out ones not needed. It took me years to get DH to save his, but, now he is the same.

(respectfully snipped) I have a hard time believing someone with this much need for control could ever resist the "vindication," or catharsis that could come with the ultimate power play... playing God--by ending someone's life because they'd "messed up" his. No, I don't think there's any way a controlling narcissist could deny himself--he intended to finish the job, and made sure he left no witnesses. JMO

:parrot:

I just found an interesting artice -I italicized a snippet that I found most interesting:

Family killers reveal patterns
By Blythe Bernhard
ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
05/28/2009

It's hard to make sense of stories about a family man accused of killing his wife and two children. But experts in domestic violence say there are behavioral patterns associated with the crimes that can help answer some troubling questions.

Donna Cohen of the Violence and Injury Prevention Program at the University of South Florida also looks at patterns among people who commit familicides.

The crimes are typically committed by white men, according to Cohen's research. Those who have served in the military or worked as policemen are at higher risk because of the association with order, responsibility for the well-being of others and accessibility to weapons.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/li...75C3007716EB?OpenDocument#tp_newCommentAnchor

:eek:Maybe the reason he called for the welfare check was so he would not be recorded on a 911 call.

Yah, maybe I shouldn't have slammed JMM -- but I do think hiding behind 800M a month, tax free, while others are struggling like all get out, is disheartening, and goes against MY beliefs. Just my opinion I guess.

I think my pet peeve is why isn't this money taxed (after all, we're taxed up and down the highway, at every store, and gas station we meet).

I hope your pet adoption group receives some much needed funds in this hard economy.

Best,

Melanie

Because it isn't all that hard (not easy, but, not that hard) to set up a religious group as a 501c(3) which is tax exempt. Once done, it isn't that hard to run stuff through it to not pay taxes. It is basically government funding of religion and should stop. But, too many people benefit from it to see that happening any time soon.

I guess I am just "curious" LOL...
If JM lived in section 8 housing and drove a 1980 gremlin would you like her any better?:)

I would. Every time I think of JM, I think of Larry Rice - a St Louis man who has a big church - New Life Center - who is still wearing his suits from the 70's and puts nearly every cent into helping people, the poor, elderly, homeless. This man walks his talk, and, even as a non Christian, he is someone high on my list of people I admire. I think Larry Rice totally represents what the Christian message is supposed to be.

You will never here me defending CC, but, if you have ever had to save receipts for taxes or a job, in my own experience it is a) hard habit to develop and b) a hard habit to break.

I save every receipt for everything and periodically clear out ones not needed. It took me years to get DH to save his, but, now he is the same.

I thought about the receipts...would be helpful if we knew how many he had (to establish he had a habit of saving them).

The receipt for the spray paint was what - 9 months old? And from 2008. If it was a business-related expense, he missed out on being reimburned if he didn't turn it in...or if for tax purposes, why not keep in a folder or box with other income tax-related receipts? Maybe he just never got around to putting this receipt away, or turning it in to JMM?

I clean out my receipts that end up in my purse & wallet periodically...but more often than every 9 months.

How about everyone else?

I thought about the receipts...would be helpful if we knew how many he had (to establish he had a habit of saving them).

The receipt for the spray paint was what - 9 months old? And from 2008. If it was a business-related expense, he missed out on being reimburned if he didn't turn it in...or if for tax purposes, why not keep in a folder or box with other income tax-related receipts? Maybe he just never got around to putting this receipt away, or turning it in to JMM?

I clean out my receipts that end up in my purse & wallet periodically...but more often than every 9 months.

How about everyone else?

I am the Queen of the Throw Away. I try not to keep anything that I am not legally required to keep; however, my husband keeps everything. He has a shoebox full of old receipts. I swear he has receipts from dates with girlfriends 25 years ago. With that being said, all of his receipts are localized and its doubtful that you'll find a 9 month old receipt all by its lonesome elsewhere in the house.

FWIW, *if* CC had a business credit card, he may have used it many times. Paid, been reinbursed after the fact, (or the reverse) and SC would never had known. It is not unusual for companies to give such cards. Now, some are more strict than others regarding how the card is used. Business vs pleasure. And, receipts must be submitted in many cases. I wonder if the JM Ministeries were more "forgiving" (if CC had such a credit card related to his job) than others. It's possible.

Just tossing it out there. I still believe, as I have posted many times, look at the financial trail. There will be a map.....

You're so right when it comes to the Business Credit Card - I have one but I do not use it for travel but for most other things regarding the business. We cannot use it for liquor purchases, massages, etc. Many times the card automatically is declined if those purchases or services are deemed not allowed. We have to monthly authenticate our purchases - I'm always careful to keep receipts. If I know I'll be making certain purchases I can have it changed to allow those costs.

Because it isn't all that hard (not easy, but, not that hard) to set up a religious group as a 501c(3) which is tax exempt. Once done, it isn't that hard to run stuff through it to not pay taxes. It is basically government funding of religion and should stop. But, too many people benefit from it to see that happening any time soon.
Hmmm...I think I will get my certification online as a preacher and name WS as my "religion". ;) At least I could write off my expenses for the computer and other sundry things like coca-cola, ciggies, and other supplies. LOL

Wow. The fact that she is so vocal about her riches and still has so many followers is frightening to me! I will never understand how so very many people will buy into this carp and follow blindly when plain old common sense should dictate otherwise.

IMO, the scrutiny this case will bring to JMM will topple their empire. There was no way for her to distance herself from this monster fast enough - the horse was already out of the barn!

I don't know why this is about Joyce Myers. If someone that works for me comits a crime. I don't think that makes me responsible. If one of my friends comits a crime, I don't think that makes me responsible. She is not in the media saying he is innocent. Why is this about her ministry? It appears that CC is a killer who happened to work for Joyce Myers. Maybe they were even family friends. Maybe she should have seen what he was but it appears Chris Coleman apparently fooled a lot of people. Including the wife and children that loved him. I just hate to see people blamed other than the killer. It's no one's fault but Chris Coleman's. He made his choices! JMO

I don't know why this is about Joyce Myers. If someone that works for me comits a crime. I don't think that makes me responsible. If one of my friends comits a crime, I don't think that makes me responsible. She is not in the media saying he is innocent. Why is this about her ministry? It appears that CC is a killer who happened to work for Joyce Myers. Maybe they were even family friends. Maybe she should have seen what he was but it appears Chris Coleman apparently fooled a lot of people. Including the wife and children that loved him. I just hate to see people blamed other than the killer. It's no one's fault but Chris Coleman's. He made his choices! JMO
True....but like it or not, JM and the ministry have become part of this case. She showed up at the crime scene. Her equipment was seized by LE. She owned the property where Chris was carrying on with Miss Motive. The threats were supposed to be towards her in the letters and in the crime scene. Her boarding pass showed up on his desk at the crime scene. JM and JMM are woven throughout his story and it raises some definite issues here, imo.

I just found an interesting artice -I italicized a snippet that I found most interesting:

The crimes are typically committed by white men, according to Cohen's research. Those who have served in the military or worked as policemen are at higher risk because of the association with order, responsibility for the well-being of others and accessibility to weapons.

*snipped by me*

I just read that article in today's paper. It really is quite interesting and a lot of the points read CC all the way. Thanks for posting that!

It's so crazy - it's like he was exposing JMM while descending into madness - and his hatred for JM and his wife, who became so enamored of "the life", consumed him. I will just about bet my little finger that he has "dirt" on JM that hasn't come to light yet and that he extorted/stole/diverted JMM funds into a bank account in Florida. I wonder if his attorney will play the "koolaid" card and try to persuade a jury that he became "disillusioned" by evil masquerading as light etc (ad nauseum).

Maybe. You know, when I (have in the past) became disillusioned by what went on in a group I was part of, I quit. I didn't kill anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parzval