barbara mackle ransom note discredits some RDI RN pet theories

NO intruder, SFF or not, would redress and/or wrap the body in a blanket, especially one they had to search for. There was no blanket on JB's bed, and the crime photo supports the bed NOT having been stripped of a blanket, as the bedspread is still in place. PR admitted as much when shown these photos by LE.
So even if an intruder decided to leave the body in the house, why take the time to cover it up at all? No one but the Rs and her housekeeper knew the white blanket was in the basement dryer. It was JB's blanket- it would have most likely been washed and dried in the washer/dryer right outside JB's room, right? Only LHP and Patsy knew the blanket did not fit in the smaller washer/dryer. It was always washed in the basement. NO intruder would know that.
And no intruder would bother to look for a blanket to cover her up. Having just killed her, before which she screamed loudly enough to be heard across the street, WITH THE PARENTS UPSTAIRS you would NOT be looking for a blanket or be bothered with redressing. She was disposable- you know you aren't getting ransom, so you get the he** out. Fast.
Not to mention all the pre-head bash activity that took place- pineapple, etc.

This could very well be the case. Consider L&L ransom note was written so far in advance they didn't even know who the victim was going to be. There's nobody mentioned by name in the note.

Was the L & L RN typed?

If you'd actually read it, you'd know that there was a lot more analysis than THAT.

Exactly! I think that holdon, as well as other IDI's ...just scan over things, and pick certain words out, that they can use to somehow TRY to prove their IDI theory. Holdon chose the words...Gut Feeling..and ran with it. Nevermind the fact that it says that the gut feeling was about the murder being unintentional. Doesn't say ONE word about the gut feeling being about the RN, or staging...etc.

NO intruder, SFF or not, would redress and/or wrap the body in a blanket, especially one they had to search for. There was no blanket on JB's bed, and the crime photo supports the bed NOT having been stripped of a blanket, as the bedspread is still in place. PR admitted as much when shown these photos by LE.
So even if an intruder decided to leave the body in the house, why take the time to cover it up at all? No one but the Rs and her housekeeper knew the white blanket was in the basement dryer. It was JB's blanket- it would have most likely been washed and dried in the washer/dryer right outside JB's room, right? Only LHP and Patsy knew the blanket did not fit in the smaller washer/dryer. It was always washed in the basement. NO intruder would know that.
And no intruder would bother to look for a blanket to cover her up. Having just killed her, before which she screamed loudly enough to be heard across the street, WITH THE PARENTS UPSTAIRS you would NOT be looking for a blanket or be bothered with redressing. She was disposable- you know you aren't getting ransom, so you get the he** out. Fast.
Not to mention all the pre-head bash activity that took place- pineapple, etc.

Not only would the intruder NOT know where to find the white blanket (why in the WORLD would he waste time looking for one anyway?)....but, Burke's pocket knife was found near JB's body. LHP said that she had taken it away from him and hid it someplace..and only she and Patsy knew where it was. So, how did the intruder know where to find that pocket knife. Oh, I know...I will take these words from Holdon...he used "magic".

Not only would the intruder NOT know where to find the white blanket (why in the WORLD would he waste time looking for one anyway?)....but, Burke's pocket knife was found near JB's body. LHP said that she had taken it away from him and hid it someplace..and only she and Patsy knew where it was. So, how did the intruder know where to find that pocket knife. Oh, I know...I will take these words from Holdon...he used "magic".
:waitasec:

I admit this does look bad for the R's -- perhaps the knife was there all along and BR forget he had placed it there several days prior. As for the white blanket, maybe he opened the dryer looking for something to drape JB and that's the best of what he found.

I admit this does look bad for the R's -- perhaps the knife was there all along and BR forget he had placed it there several days prior. As for the white blanket, maybe he opened the dryer looking for something to drape JB and that's the best of what he found.

Maybe...but, isn't it ironic that the knife is in the same location as JB's body?? There was a latch on the WC door to keep the kids from going in there. It was latched the morning that JB's body was found. That is ANOTHER thing....it was dark, the latch was at the TOP of the door, (I guess so the kids couldn't reach it...), so how did the intruder KNOW where the latch was, and WHY in the world would he latch the door shut, in the FIRST PLACE? (My guess....this was done the same reason that the pen was put back into the holder, with the cap on it....out of habit).

Where does this knife come from? What does it have to do with JBR murder?

Its not like its the murder weapon or anything...

I admit this does look bad for the R's --

That's putting it politely.

perhaps the knife was there all along and BR forget he had placed it there several days prior.

Except he didn't put it there. PR did.

As for the white blanket, maybe he opened the dryer looking for something to drape JB and that's the best of what he found.

Why would he bother?

IMO whoever needed that knife took it from where LP hid it(or was it PR?).Points IMO again to the fact that the staging began somewhere else in the house,not in the basement.

http://denver.rockymountainnews.com/extra/ramsey/0802rams1.shtml

"I got tired of cleaning it up," she said. "He'd been asked to do it over paper or a bag or something. So, I just put the knife up one day, in a cupboard over the sink in that area outside of JonBenet's room" on the home's second level, an area that also had a microwave and laundry facilities.

Hoffmann-Pugh never saw the knife again.

But it resurfaced.

Included in the exhaustive inventory of items removed from the house following the 10-day police search: "red pocket knife w/broken ornament" from the family's basement.

Specifically, Detective Kerry Yamaguchi discovered Burke's knife on a countertop near a sink just down a basement corridor from the small basement room where JonBenet's body was found.

--------------

IMO that's where it all began,in JB's room.

Where does this knife come from? What does it have to do with JBR murder?

Its not like its the murder weapon or anything...

No, but it being so close to the body, led some people to believe that it was used to cut the cord with.

That's putting it politely.

Except he didn't put it there. PR did.

Why would he bother?

Exactly! Why would an intruder feel the need to redress and "lovingly wrap her papoose style", in a white blanket, and even put any time into searching for something to do those things with....for example, the panties, and blanket? Makes absolutely NO sense at all...to me.

Post by Ames: Was the L & L RN typed?

yes, and 1 of them left their glasses at BF's body, which had a unique hinge and when LE came they were able to easily match the RN to the typewriter in their house.

They immediately confessed and pinned the blame on the other.

http://www.prairieghosts.com/leopold.html -- warning! graphic description of BF's demise

"The FBI, according to Thomas, "believed that the note was written in the house, after the murder, and indicated panic. Ransom notes are normally written prior to the crime, usually proofread, and not written by hand, in order to disguise the authorship."

=========================
So, you can't compare the L&L RN to JB's RN.

An intruder., in the JB case... would have been WAY more prepared...bringing a TYPED RN with him, instead of taking time in the home to write one out...practice note and all.

http://denver.rockymountainnews.com/extra/ramsey/0802rams1.shtml

"I got tired of cleaning it up," she said. "He'd been asked to do it over paper or a bag or something. So, I just put the knife up one day, in a cupboard over the sink in that area outside of JonBenet's room" on the home's second level, an area that also had a microwave and laundry facilities.

Hoffmann-Pugh never saw the knife again.

But it resurfaced.

Included in the exhaustive inventory of items removed from the house following the 10-day police search: "red pocket knife w/broken ornament" from the family's basement.

Specifically, Detective Kerry Yamaguchi discovered Burke's knife on a countertop near a sink just down a basement corridor from the small basement room where JonBenet's body was found.

--------------

IMO that's where it all began,in JB's room.

The knife movement from the cupboard in one room to the countertop in another, if true, needs an explanation. Since a knife was needed for the cord, its possible the knife was used starting upstairs (cord fiber found in the bed) and left it on a countertop in the basement. The perp also left other items: the pen in the holder, pineapple in the kitchen, and broken paintbrush fragment in the tote.

Somehow this doesn't seem that remarkable.

RDI is however claiming the knife was 'hidden' from an intruder, similarly to claiming the blanket would be unavailable to an intruder. The idea that only JR or PR knew about the knife or the blanket is irrelevant. Anybody can open a cupboard or a dryer and thats all it would take. Go ahead and picture three intruders, and several hours of uninterrupted access to the house. Almost anything would be possible. Not too many secrets left.

Now tell me how does IDI's know that these intruders were in the house before hand..Now this don't make sense to me... So they made themselves right at home in the house they didn't know and didn't know when the R's would be home. And how do you think several hours. And you first said they brought this stuff with them and now they had time in the home now I'm really lost...

The idea that only JR or PR knew about the knife or the blanket is irrelevant. Anybody can open a cupboard or a dryer and thats all it would take.

I agree with this.maybe not a big deal.

Go ahead and picture three intruders, and several hours of uninterrupted access to the house. Almost anything would be possible. Not too many secrets left.

We don't know that.

The knife movement from the cupboard in one room to the countertop in another, if true, needs an explanation.

Doesn't it, though?

Since a knife was needed for the cord, its possible the knife was used starting upstairs (cord fiber found in the bed) and left it on a countertop in the basement. The perp also left other items: the pen in the holder, pineapple in the kitchen, and broken paintbrush fragment in the tote.

Folks, I think he's onto it!

RDI is however claiming the knife was 'hidden' from an intruder, similarly to claiming the blanket would be unavailable to an intruder. The idea that only JR or PR knew about the knife or the blanket is irrelevant.

I spoke too soon.

Anybody can open a cupboard or a dryer and thats all it would take.

But again, that begs the question: why bother? Why bother doing any of this?

Go ahead and picture three intruders, and several hours of uninterrupted access to the house. Almost anything would be possible. Not too many secrets left.

I don't know about the rest of you folks, but I'm going to remember this the next time anybody shoots their mouth off about "making up stories." I try to keep an open mind, but not so open that my brain falls out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back