Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG! That is sick!!!!!!! I hope LE is aware of this twitter account!!!!!! Why would anyone want to torture Brittanee's family like this? Whoever is responsible for this needs intense psychiatric care!!!!!!!!!!!

Praying for Britt and her family.

that link was posted a while back too. everyone was pretty much under the assumption that is it a man who goes by the name michael crook. he used to post messages just like that on her facebook group and that's why you have to be approved to join the group now. he has a whole web site where he bashes brittanee and everything.

that link was posted a while back too. everyone was pretty much under the assumption that is it a man who goes by the name michael crook. he used to post messages just like that on her facebook group and that's why you have to be approved to join the group now. he has a whole web site where he bashes brittanee and everything.

I will call the MB police and tell them of this. What I want to know is who is this "Michael Crook" and what is his interest in Brittanee? Is he doing this to others?

Thanks LLLLindsayy and Debbie!

This should be reported to LE because who ever is doing this is clearly not firing on all four cylinders!

I haven't followed this thread much recently but I was wondering whether an area of of HWY 17 has been searched. I can't remember the name of it but it is located on the east side of 17 heading south between MB and Charleston. It is an historic area with an old abandoned building with bars on the windows. Just thinking about the charts that the astos cast which concluded that she is near iron or metal. When I read that, I first thought of Georgetown and the steel mill but then I remembered visiting this place years ago.

I will call the MB police and tell them of this. What I want to know is who is this "Michael Crook" and what is his interest in Brittanee? Is he doing this to others?

I went to this blogger's site and he seems like he spews off at the mouth alot.

As I was reading of him, some red flags went up. He says that the cops know about him and his statements. He is all for free speech.

As I was reading of him, some red flags went up. He says that the cops know about him and his statements. He is all for free speech.

There's a difference between free speech and impersonating or using anothers identity.... IMO this person is just out for the laughs kicks and has no heart for others feelings..so so sad.

There's a difference between free speech and impersonating or using anothers identity.... IMO this person is just out for the laughs kicks and has no heart for others feelings..so so sad.

True. The police are very aware of him. Early on he even wrote a mock confession. He does this to quite a few cases. He's not worth the attention imo.

I'm not sure the tweet was from him, but the writing style is very similar.

This Michael Crook guy has already been looked into and he is no concern.

Michael Crook has nothing better to do and doesn't have a life.

I guess Crook makes sense (what a fitting last name) but I don't see the writing style as similar, just what he says.

What a jerk. I'm tempted to call the website host and complain. Having that much disrespect for a case and openly MOCKING it is not the behavior of a mentally sound person.

I guess Crook makes sense (what a fitting last name) but I don't see the writing style as similar, just what he says.

What a jerk. I'm tempted to call the website host and complain. Having that much disrespect for a case and openly MOCKING it is not the behavior of a mentally sound person.

ITA! This is horrible and it seems identity theft is involved here. This case is sad enough with out this kind of BS. If this person is mentally unsound, he should be committed!!!! This is not the action of a normal person. The right to free speech allows us to recognize free speakers who are 'out there'. Now that this is the consensus regarding this person I hope he will be watched. Ignoring radicals certainly didn't deter the killer of the guard at the holocaust museum!

.....rant over......

Interesting thing I found on his blog: "No, they haven’t found her (though she does seem to be “tweeting”) alive, nor have they found her body. The latter, of course, will turn out be the outcome."

Maybe it's a friend of Michael's behind the twitter? Also, Michael starts referring to BD as "dead" around May 5, but the Twitter author doesn't declare her dead until May 17. Hmm.

And waltzingmatilda, totally agreed... something needs to be done about this guy. "Free speech activist" (as he calls himself) or not, having such a vehement dislike for someone he doesn't even know isn't normal. If you read the blog entries he seems so contemptuous and just... for lack of a better word, bat-crazy.

We shouldn't even give those sites any attention. This is exactly what their purpose is- to cause a big uproar and make people upset. Obviously these people weren't given enough attention growing up.

Oh my gosh.

6/29/2009 04:10AM BE ON THE LOOK OUT //KIDNAPPING JUST OCCURED AT 1907 S HILLSIDE DRIVE N
MYRTLE BEACH. VICTIM IS BRITTANY EBERHARDT, 14 YOA, WF, TAKEN BY A BM,
602/200 LSW WHT TANK, DK SHORTS, WHT SNEAKERS, AND DO-RAG ON HIS HEAD.
LSH SB ON HILLSIDE DRIVING RED OLDER MODEL TOYOTA. IF FOUND, CONTACT
NMBPD (04:16:14 on 06/29/09) GIVEN OUT OVER AIR ////////// PLEASE BE AWARE,HANDGUN WAS USED IN THIS KIDNAPPING, PROCEED WITH CAUTION/////////

I don't see anything about her being recovered in the media reports yet, but how do they know it was a kidnapping and who reported it? Is the guy a stranger? Scary. Hopefully there will be more info added later. The location is quite a ways from where Britt was last seen, though.

Probably not Brittanee, but interesting nonetheless:
N 43RD AV & OCEAN BL DECEASED PERSON
PARKS AND RECS ON THE BEACH BELIEVES HE FOUND A DEAD BODY COME TO
THE BEACH ACCESS AT 42ND AND HE WILL MEET OFFICER, CALLED COUNTY FOR
A MEDIC (06:16:15 on 06/28/09)

Oh my gosh.

6/29/2009 04:10AM BE ON THE LOOK OUT //KIDNAPPING JUST OCCURED AT 1907 S HILLSIDE DRIVE N
MYRTLE BEACH. VICTIM IS BRITTANY EBERHARDT, 14 YOA, WF, TAKEN BY A BM,
602/200 LSW WHT TANK, DK SHORTS, WHT SNEAKERS, AND DO-RAG ON HIS HEAD.
LSH SB ON HILLSIDE DRIVING RED OLDER MODEL TOYOTA. IF FOUND, CONTACT
NMBPD (04:16:14 on 06/29/09) GIVEN OUT OVER AIR ////////// PLEASE BE AWARE,HANDGUN WAS USED IN THIS KIDNAPPING, PROCEED WITH CAUTION/////////

I don't see anything about her being recovered in the media reports yet, but how do they know it was a kidnapping and who reported it? Is the guy a stranger? Scary. Hopefully there will be more info added later. The location is quite a ways from where Britt was last seen, though.

Probably not Brittanee, but interesting nonetheless:
N 43RD AV & OCEAN BL DECEASED PERSON
PARKS AND RECS ON THE BEACH BELIEVES HE FOUND A DEAD BODY COME TO
THE BEACH ACCESS AT 42ND AND HE WILL MEET OFFICER, CALLED COUNTY FOR
A MEDIC (06:16:15 on 06/28/09)

Wow. That is really scarey...:( I wonder if the kidnapper is the sme person who possibly took Brittanee, if she was taken. :(

I think I found the girl mentioned in the police report on Myspace. She appears to be from NC and mentions being at "the beach", which I'm assuming is Myrtle Beach, but (obviously) I don't know for sure. Last log-in was yesterday. (She uses a very offensive word on her page, I'm surprised it wasn't censored...)

1907 S Hillside Drive is a residence, but Hillside Drive appears to be an arterial & is right splack in the middle of Highway 17 and Ocean Blvd. in North Myrtle Beach. I would be surprised if this had a connection to Brittanee but it definitely shows that MB is far from a safe place to be and has a lot of predators on the loose...

Interesting thing I found on his blog: "No, they haven’t found her (though she does seem to be “tweeting”) alive, nor have they found her body. The latter, of course, will turn out be the outcome."

Maybe it's a friend of Michael's behind the twitter? Also, Michael starts referring to BD as "dead" around May 5, but the Twitter author doesn't declare her dead until May 17. Hmm.

And waltzingmatilda, totally agreed... something needs to be done about this guy. "Free speech activist" (as he calls himself) or not, having such a vehement dislike for someone he doesn't even know isn't normal. If you read the blog entries he seems so contemptuous and just... for lack of a better word, bat-crazy.
Seems to me some of his 'comments' could be considered verbal attacks and false statements about BD. Isn't this enough for LE to get involved?

I read the link to the Michael Crook blog, and what was posted on Twitter, supposedly by Britannee. This guy is beyond a sick joke. Anyone who can post things like this is beyond needing a little counseling. What strikes me is that I think this guy is getting off fantasizing about the things he writes -and there is so much graphic and gross detail IMHO this guy could be one leap away from fantasizing to acting out his fantasies. Good Heavens - please LE don't dismiss this guy. Posting false info on internet, which interferes with LE investigation - aren't those possibly two charges that could be brought against him?? He really scares me - I can't even read what he writes for fear of what he is capable of doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2