Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to me some of his 'comments' could be considered verbal attacks and false statements about BD. Isn't this enough for LE to get involved?

I called the lead detective on Brittanee's case this am and he said they have thoroughly checked him out. He had even posted a confession letter that he killed her and they found too many inconsistencies with "information that they have" He has been eliminated as a POI.

I read the link to the Michael Crook blog, and what was posted on Twitter, supposedly by Britannee. This guy is beyond a sick joke. Anyone who can post things like this is beyond needing a little counseling. What strikes me is that I think this guy is getting off fantasizing about the things he writes -and there is so much graphic and gross detail IMHO this guy could be one leap away from fantasizing to acting out his fantasies. Good Heavens - please LE don't dismiss this guy. Posting false info on internet, which interferes with LE investigation - aren't those possibly two charges that could be brought against him?? He really scares me - I can't even read what he writes for fear of what he is capable of doing.
I went to his blog site and read the "about me" and he is a loner, he can't stand people. He says that he communicates with people thru his blogging and such.

He sounds freaky to me and shows some of the characteristics of "serial killers' from what I have read of SK's.

On another note: I did invite the detective to take a look at the astrology thread on Brittanee.

Thanks for the info, nobull. I've been wondering the same things as gaia.

So the pings were issued when Brittanee received a call? Or perhaps her phone went out of service in the rural area she was in and the ping was her phone regaining service?

Could the cell phone ping if no one was using it? Are the pings a sign that Brittanee was still alive at that time or just that her cell phone was working? I don't think the reason/cause for the pings was ever given, just their existence, so maybe those aren't answer-able. I wonder if they're like the pings in Amber Dubois's disappearance (checking voicemail).

Oops - lots of questions.

Sorry to just jump in here, but it would also depend on how much battery life she had left. She had been using quite a bit from 8 pm on, so there is no telling when she last charged it- The lower the battery goes down, the more faint the signals become, IIRC. :waitasec:

MC did this early on that is why BD's friends took down the first Facebook site. It was awful and the confession is awful. I know he was reported to LE for it, because people on BD's site told him they called. Not sure outcome but reported. This guy gets off on the attention. Don't give it to him otherwise it all becomes about him and not BD.

I told the detective about Brittanee possibly having a myspace account that she deleted "the day before she left for MB" and he said that she and her boyfriend agreed to delete their accounts. Maybe they have already checked into it and found nothing of use.

Oh my gosh.

6/29/2009 04:10AM BE ON THE LOOK OUT //KIDNAPPING JUST OCCURED AT 1907 S HILLSIDE DRIVE N
MYRTLE BEACH. VICTIM IS BRITTANY EBERHARDT, 14 YOA, WF, TAKEN BY A BM,
602/200 LSW WHT TANK, DK SHORTS, WHT SNEAKERS, AND DO-RAG ON HIS HEAD.
LSH SB ON HILLSIDE DRIVING RED OLDER MODEL TOYOTA. IF FOUND, CONTACT
NMBPD (04:16:14 on 06/29/09) GIVEN OUT OVER AIR ////////// PLEASE BE AWARE,HANDGUN WAS USED IN THIS KIDNAPPING, PROCEED WITH CAUTION/////////

I don't see anything about her being recovered in the media reports yet, but how do they know it was a kidnapping and who reported it? Is the guy a stranger? Scary. Hopefully there will be more info added later. The location is quite a ways from where Britt was last seen, though.

Probably not Brittanee, but interesting nonetheless:
N 43RD AV & OCEAN BL DECEASED PERSON
PARKS AND RECS ON THE BEACH BELIEVES HE FOUND A DEAD BODY COME TO
THE BEACH ACCESS AT 42ND AND HE WILL MEET OFFICER, CALLED COUNTY FOR
A MEDIC (06:16:15 on 06/28/09)
There was another one found one or two days before this and they have identified a man from Va.

Great work, Debbie! I've been thinking of sending in the Forensic Astrology tip(s) as well, because there's such little else to go on... and the dump site area sounds very possible. (Though I'm still holding out hope that Brittanee will be found alive, however slim the chances of that may be.)

@Chicogirl36 - I agree that the phone was probably near being fully discharged when Britt disappeared. However, I don't think that would affect the pings at all, since I don't believe they have much to do with signal strength. As nobull explained to me, they are just the phone (re)gaining service so that there are no delays in sending/receiving texts or calls.

Cell phones can also be pinged by LE or the cell phone provider, but I don't think that was the case here.

As for the location of the ping - Still not sure where exactly. I read N Santee River, but I just saw on the video on helpfindbrittanee.com that it was in McClellanville (just south of the area). I assume that area has been searched. Also am not sure about when the phone stopped pinging. Some reports seem to imply early morning Sunday, others into the day Sunday.

:confused:

Debbie, do you think you could ask the detective you are in contact with about the pings? The media reports are all so confusing!!!

About the BRITTANY EBERHARDT girl (Sorry it's in all caps, I copy and pasted her name from the police records), I think she was found? I searched for her myspace yesterday after reading the report, and her status said she was at the beach or something close to that. She signed on today and now her status says "i'm good."

So I'm guessing she is okay. Just figured I'd mention it!

I saw that as well oh0hnikki. I'm not sure what to make of the kidnapping call. It couldn't have been just a mild disturbance since it states the girl was taken w/ force by a handgun.

Later in the media reports, I saw mention of a wanted Black male suspected of "abduction" who is known to be armed with a Glock... so I'm thinking that might be the same person as the perp mentioned in Brittany's report.

Perhaps myspace Brittany and allegedly kidnapped Brittany are not the same person. :confused:

This happened in North Myrtle Beach on the 29th.

Man charged in rape, kidnapping By Joel Allen
Tuesday, June 30, 2009 at 4:18 p.m.

North Myrtle Beach Police have made an arrest in the sexual assault of a juvenile early Monday morning.
A spokesperson says three people were robbed at gunpoint and a 14-year-old girl was abducted and raped.
It happened around 3:30 Monday morning on 19th Avenue South in North Myrtle Beach.
35-year-old Mark Allen Elliott of Tabor City, NC was arrested around a half-hour after the attack happened. Police say he has been charged with armed robbery, kidnapping and criminal sexual conduct.

WOW. That definitely sounds like the incident, Debbie. I'm guessing the myspace B. Eberhardt wasn't the kidnapped girl after all.

Is it possible that Brittanee ran into the same predator? :(

I hope that girl is okay.

bump for Britt. It is such a shame that interest in this case has really waned. She needs her face in the media again.

Someone, somewhere, knows something, and whoever you are, PLEASE come forward. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500