Receipts Deep Dive

Status
Not open for further replies.
.........It's been said that she had been behaving normally to anyone that had contact with her at that time, therefore, she dissed what happened :mad: and just did what she normally does with receipts.

ITA Mare10, Casey just wanted to "feel normal." Spending money as if she didn't have a care in the world, made her dreams come true for a brief moment. Leaving the receipts around was normal again.

My one question, when CA took the cash, was this AFTER she knew that
Casey emptied out Amy's account. If she took that wad of money, couldn't she in essence be stealing from Amy too? Please correct me if I am wrong.[/QUOTE]
Yup...she took it afterward. I don't think she was going to wait and ask who it belonged to...in her mind it was hers. Priceless, huh?

.........It's been said that she had been behaving normally to anyone that had contact with her at that time, therefore, she dissed what happened :mad: and just did what she normally does with receipts.

ITA Mare10, Casey just wanted to "feel normal." Spending money as if she didn't have a care in the world, made her dreams come true for a brief moment. Leaving the receipts around was normal again.

Casey emptied out Amy's account. If she took that wad of money, couldn't she in essence be stealing from Amy too? Please correct me if I am wrong.[/QUOTE]

Yes, IIRC, it was after the fact. So, that is why I don't think she took the money, just because it was due back to her. I think she did for other reasons, many other reasons. IMO, she was thinking ahead from what she knew at the moment.

I think it's all part of her crazy, criminal mind! Criminals keep all kinds of incriminating evidence-like souvenirs! It's crazy-cause many get busted doing that! But, their need to have it over-rides any common sense to rid themselves of evidence! IMO
I just think she could care less. Heck, she stuck around for 31 days...if that doesn't say nervy (not the word I'm really thinking), I don't know what does.

weird stuff going on with the quote function. I have no idea what just happened, It wasn't me, hahaha, it could have been, but I don't think so.

Just popped in for a moment. As to Casey's replacing the Pooh bedding set at JC Penney, I have my doubts. The manufacturers tend to change the design and since Caylee probably had that set from birth, it couldn't be replaced.

I have a feeling that Casey used only the one Pooh blanket found at the crime scene. Cindy even mentioned that she knew a blanket was missing when LE was searching the house after the remains were found. I do believe it was during the same search when she mentioned she'd had "her people" at that site a month or so ago.

Now, she's saying LE lied about that (in the depo). LOL!

I remember someone, maybe it was Lee, saying that the receipts were in order (date) when he found them in her bag. Anyone remember this or am I loosing it again ?

Casey emptied out Amy's account. If she took that wad of money, couldn't she in essence be stealing from Amy too?
Please correct me if I am wrong.

Amy told Cindy all about the money while they were driving over to TonE's place together. Cindy came right out and told Amy, "That money is gone" referring to the $400 cash and the $80.00 loan to have the car towed! I don't believe Amy was aware of the damage done to her checking acct at that point.

Cindy probably rationalized keeping the money because even though Amy had taken quite the hit, she didn't lose anywhere near as much money as Cindy had over the years. Cindy did tell the officer at the house the 1st night that she had taken the cash and also confiscated her credit cards. I believe the officer remarked that the cash probably was owed to Cindy anyway.

To my knowledge, no one has ever said Cindy offered to give the cash back to Amy. So this takes us back to day 31 and Cindy's true colors are already shining thru.

I do remember reading way back when, the bank did reimburse Amy all of the money KC took from the checking acct. I kinda doubt they replaced the cash KC stole from her home, although Amy could possibly get the cash returned through the victims assistance in Orlando.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I remember someone, maybe it was Lee, saying that the receipts were in order (date) when he found them in her bag. Anyone remember this or am I loosing it again ?

This is what I thought as well, when making the comment about OCD. My purse, wallet and bags brought in the house from stores, all contain receipts. The last time I needed to find one to make a return, I couldn't find the one I needed, but I found one for some little gifts, from 2 Christmases ago! :rolleyes:

KC's were neat and in some sort of order that allowed Lee and LEO's to realize she was missing one (or a couple, can't recall).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is what I thought as well, when making the comment about OCD. My purse, wallet and bags brought in the house from stores, all contain receipts but only because I haven't tossed them in the garbage yet! :rolleyes:

KC's were neat and in some sort of order that allowed Lee and LEO's to realize she was missing one (or a couple, can't recall).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OK, the info about the missing receipt was in Lee's interview, I had missed it before...he is talking about there possibly being missing receipts after Jose took possession of them.

BBM.

EE, "So there could have been more receipts?"

Lee, "That's exactly what I'm getting at. And it just seems odd that if she was saving these receipts and I have from the 20th to the 15th, and if there was indeed another J.C. Penny transaction on the 27th why isn't that receipt in there? Did that one get lost? Was that one never saved? It just, if you're saving the receipts why not save them all? It seems uh, out of the order."

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache...interview+transcript&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

I think it's all part of her crazy, criminal mind! Criminals keep all kinds of incriminating evidence-like souvenirs! It's crazy-cause many get busted doing that! But, their need to have it over-rides any common sense to rid themselves of evidence! IMO

I have a ton of old receipts in my wallet/purse, that I will finally get around to cleaning out once every couple of months or so.

But I dont have every single receipt in there either. sometimes the store puts the receipt inside the shopping bag, and it ends up in the trash. And unless its an item that I may need to return, I dont bother putting it aside for safekeeping.

Sometimes there are completely innocent explanations for things like this...like pure laziness on her part. (lol...and mine too)
JMO

If there was one thing KC did well, it was getting money from other people. I'm thinking maybe KC saved many (but not all) of those receipts so she could eventually shame Tony into reimbursing her if he broke up with her. A tearful conversation that would go something like this, "I have a child to support but I spent all this money I couldn't spare on food and stuff for you and your friends. The least you could do is pay me back."

Who knows. LOL

Casey emptied out Amy's account. If she took that wad of money, couldn't she in essence be stealing from Amy too? Please correct me if I am wrong.[/QUOTE] ooh ooh! I thought the same thing! Or like, the cash was actually evidence afterall.....If anyone should have the cash it should have been AH....or maybe the grandparents....

This made me think about something I have only thought of briefly before....I wonder if KC was going to fly out to California to see the marine, and was staging not just Caylee's disappearance, but perhaps her own.......dump the car with her purse and cash in it.....make people think she and caylee had met with foul play.......THAT would teach them - or am I confusing where the wallet and money was found?

This made me think about something I have only thought of briefly before....I wonder if KC was going to fly out to California to see the marine, and was staging not just Caylee's disappearance, but perhaps her own.......dump the car with her purse and cash in it.....make people think she and caylee had met with foul play.......THAT would teach them - or am I confusing where the wallet and money was found?

No, this couldn't be. KC dumped the car end of June... was finally found at TonE's place on 7/15. By that time she had gone through the cash she had stolen... playing house with TonE. I honestly think KC never thought she would get caught, there was no need for her to flee.

The Money and wallet was at TonE's place, and was retrieved by Lee the night that the cops were called on KC.

There are old threads floating around that that would support this idea. KC left a new-ish bag or purse in the car, sitting in plain sight. It did look like she may have been trying to stage her own disappearance. Or she at least tried to entice someone into breaking into the car.

I guess as luck would have it, either no one approached the car with criminal activity on their mind or if they did, once they got close enough to break in they noticed the dead squirrel odor and changed their mind.

When KC left TonE's apartment with Cindy, she left all her possessions behind. LE picked up her cell phone and her brother collected the rest. IIRC the cash KC left in her wallet, she obtained from Amy's checking acct that morning before picking Amy up at the airport.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't believe KC had any intentions on splitting from Orlando. MH was convenient for email/phone sex judging from the records. She had a few guys on the side on AL she was lining up to "take care" of her.

KC would have dished out to MH the same or similar lies she gave to AH as to why she couldn't go to Jacksonville or PR with them. Betcha MH is glad he is on the other coast; far, far away from the mess KC created.

The money was in KC's bag that LA brought back from AL's apt early morning on 7.16.08.

I can't help but view all of KC's erratic actions as a sub-conscious cry for help, beginning most obviously with her pregnancy and culminating in the check writing. Remember, receipts aside, she signed her own name to Amy's checks. I think she wanted to get caught, whether she realized it or not. All of these years she has been seeking attention in a major way. Not sure exactly what she was missing from her family life (though I can come up with some ideas) but it seems that she obviously wasn't getting what she needed/wanted and her behavior just continued to escalate until it was out of control.

I can't help but view all of KC's erratic actions as a sub-conscious cry for help, beginning most obviously with her pregnancy and culminating in the check writing. Remember, receipts aside, she signed her own name to Amy's checks. I think she wanted to get caught, whether she realized it or not. All of these years she has been seeking attention in a major way. Not sure exactly what she was missing from her family life (though I can come up with some ideas) but it seems that she obviously wasn't getting what she needed/wanted and her behavior just continued to escalate until it was out of control.
...and truly, who knows how far this goes back...I assume she wasn't an easy teenager either.

Well---her mind set could have been---> hey, nobody can catch me---I'm the gingerbread girl---I got away from the mean old lady and the baby and I can run from the LE too. I am untouchable---I killed a snot nosed kid and got away with it---so hey, I can git away with this to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500