ID - Robert Manwill, 8, Boise, 24 July 2009 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just about fell outa my chair when I heard MJ was the greatest father ever. I don't know what the guy that said that has been smoking!!

Hate to get off topic, and i hate to type about MJ, but the guy was talking about the daughter Paris saying he was the greatest father ever. Least that's what I heard anyhow...

I think it is safe to assume that this is little Robert, poor darling.

How tragic for everyone involved. Can you imagine how the poor deputy that went into the water to retrieve his little body feels? That is something one never gets over in a life time.

I am overhwhelmed with the numbers of murdered children. What can anyone do to prevent this? Public executions?

Perhaps public hangings

Fwiw, shows like NG are not set up for breaking news. She appears to have done it in the past. In reality they were tipped off hours or days before that something was going down. When her crew was there when Casey Anthony was arrested she knew way before. I was tipped off to watch it on NG six hours before it happened. And today was a big day in the courtroom for MJ's estate. There will always be more cases than journalist to cover them. Sad but true. What about AAron Thompson? Her murder and abuse trial started today. Any national coverage on that?

Doesn't it seem odd that no one in the apartment complex saw anything unusual? First, let me be upfront and say that the decline of America's "neighborhoods" and changing that is very high on my agenda, so I understand if you feel it's "no one's business" to watch their neighbors. Personally, I think we need more watching and more accountability. But regardless, you would think someone might hear something or see activity at odd hours or SOMETHING. Maybe they did and it's been reported, but it took a few days to thoroughly inspect the apartment, didn't it?

After reading the thread about the woman who was killed and her baby taken out of the womb. Where there was mention of a Neighbor hearing her scream in pain and not calling police. Nothing surprises me. It makes me sad that people are more likely to look the other way than to save a life or speak up and make a difference.

Police: No Positive ID On Body
Updated: Aug 3, 2009 08:28 PM EDT
<snipped>
Boise Police will wait until tomorrow to announce a positive identification on the body found in the New York Canal this afternoon. Deputy Chief Jim Kerns said the autopsy will be performed on the body tomorrow, but did confirm the body matches the same size and age of missing 8-year-old Robert Manwill.

Deputy Chief Kerns says one of the first officers on the scene jumped in and pulled out the body after it was called in by a civilian. He says the family has requested privacy at this time.

"A missing child is every family's nightmare," Deputy Chief Kerns said.

Article:
http://www.kivitv.com/global/story.asp?s=10823713
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UPDATE: The search for Robert Manwill: No ID on body, but same age and size of Manwill, police say
Published: 08/03/09
<snipped>
Melissa Jenkins left the Boise police headquarters in tears Monday afternoon, and later police officials confirmed why: The body found in a canal between Boise and Kuna Monday is of a boy about the same age and size of her missing 8-year-old son, Robert Manwill.

Deputy Chief Jim Kerns said that so far Monday, officials don't have a positive ID on the body, though. That could have to wait until Ada County Coroner can work to determine who the boy was and how he died Tuesday.

A citizen called to report the body floating in the New York Canal sometime after 1 p.m. Monday. The first Ada County deputy to respond saw the boy, jumped in and pulled him out, Kerns said.

The canal is the same one that crosses Vista Avenue less than a half-mile away from the apartment where Robert was reportedly last seen. The spot where the body was found is around 2 miles southeast from the Boise home near Five Mile Road that police searched Friday night.

MAP: Where the body was found
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=E Deer Flat Rd & Stewart Rd, Kuna, ID 83634&sspn=0.003603,0.006738&ie=UTF8&t=k&z=17&iwloc=addr&om=0

Article:
http://www.idahostatesman.com/eyepiece/story/854612.html
VIDEO: Kerns: body is same 'age and size' as Manwill
http://www.ktvb.com/video/index.html?nvid=385791
Update: Body Found in Boise Canal
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 04:41 PM EDT
Updated: Aug 3, 2009 08:37 PM EDT
<snipped>
In a prime-time news conference Monday, Boise Police say the body of a boy found in a Boise Canal is the approximate age and size of a missing boy.

Police say the Ada County Coroner will perform an autopsy Tuesday.

July 24th. They contacted Manwill's family when they recovered the body.

During the news conference police said there has been an unprecedented turnout of volunteers to look for Robert. Friday there were more than 1,000 people searching for the boy.

Police also said the investigation is still active. There will be more information Wednesday.

Article:
http://www.localnews8.com/Global/story.asp?S=10839632
Boise Police Department News Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 03, 2009
Latest News Conference on Missing Boy (Video) - Media Information
<snipped>
Watch the latest News Conference in the Robert Manwill missing child investigation. Also, click here for a video demonstration of the abilities of specially trained scent and search K-9's who are helping in the search for the little boy. Media contact info is also provided.

Speakers:
Deputy Chief Jim Kerns, Boise Police Department

Watch the latest News Conference 08/03/09
http://www.cityofboise.org/Departments/Police/Multimedia/DepartmentVideos/LatestManwillPresserV9.wmv

Watch a video demonstration of one of the specialized search K-9's
http://www.cityofboise.org/Departments/Police/Multimedia/DepartmentVideos/BloodhoundDemoVNR.wmv

Article:
http://www.cityofboise.org/Departments/Police/NewsReleases/2009/page45044.aspx
UPDATE: Robert Manwill's disappearance remains active investigation
August 3, 2009
<snipped>
Boise Police Deputy Chief Jim Kerns says the disappearance of 8-year old Robert Manwill remains under active investigation. This comes after the body of a boy was pulled from a canal between Boise and Kuna. Police say the body from the canal is the same age and size of Robert, but it has not been identified. An autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday.

Article:
http://www.kboi.com/Article.asp?id=1434459&spid=
UPDATED: Police: Body resembles Manwill, but no identification yet
August 3, 2009
Updated 26 minutes ago
<snipped>
Kerns described how the Ada County Sheriff's Office discovered the body:
"This afternoon at approximately 1:28 p.m., a citizen called police dispatch after seeing a body floating in the New York Canal near Cloverdale Road, just north of Deer Flat Road. As Ada County deputies were responding, another citizen reported also seeing a body floating just west of the initial location.

"At this time we do not have a positive ID on the body," Kerns said. "I can tell you the body found today floating in the canal is that of a young boy, approximately the same age and size as Robert Manwill. Robert's family who has been incredibly strong throughout this ordeal has been notified that a body has been found."

Kerns called the boy's family a "source of strength" for investigators.

"A missing child is every family's nightmare and a heartache for this entire community," he said. "All of us, including the investigators on this case, have said to ourselves, 'What if Robert were my child?' Our hearts go out to Robert's family tonight (Monday) as they wait in private for a positive ID from the coroner."

Kerns added: "We give our heartfelt thanks to the community for their help and support in our search for Robert."

Article:
http://www.idahopress.com/?2009-08-...press-conference-to-investigate-possible-lead

:angel:

anew.gif
UPDATE: Body 'same age & size' as Manwill, no positive ID

[SIZE=-1]06:44 PM MDT on Monday, August 3, 2009[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]KTVB.COM[/SIZE]

Trevor Loucks/KTVB
A male juvenile body was found floating in this stretch of the New York Canal near Kuna.

KUNA - The body of a young boy was found in the New York Canal near Kuna Monday afternoon - and police are trying to determine if the boy is Robert Manwill, who went missing on July 24th.

Just before 1:30 p.m., a citizen called Ada County Dispatch and said there was a body floating in the canal. An Ada County Sheriff's Deputy responded to the scene and jumped into the water to pull the body from the water.

The Ada County Coroner also responded to the scene, and the person was found to be dead.

More at link:
http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stories/ktvbn-aug0309-kuna_canal_body.a50d15f2.html

BBM -
Bless his heart! Sounds like he didn't have any protective gear on or anything. Just followed his instincts and did the right thing. I can only imagine how this must affect a person. :praying: for the brave deputy!

After reading the thread about the woman who was killed and her baby taken out of the womb. Where there was mention of a Neighbor hearing her scream in pain and not calling police. Nothing surprises me. It makes me sad that people are more likely to look the other way than to save a life or speak up and make a difference.

Excellent example! Really, Americans shouldn't be afraid of getting involved. We need to praise the ones that do and seriously question the principles of those that don't. This whole attitude of "snitching is bad" has GOT to be destroyed.

Excellent example! Really, Americans shouldn't be afraid of getting involved. We need to praise the ones that do and seriously question the principles of those that don't. This whole attitude of "snitching is bad" has GOT to be destroyed.

Tell that to Roy Kronk...:angel:

If I found remains of the child who was as infamous as Caylee, I still would have called LE, of course. And I also would call LE if I heard someone screaming. I just mentioned Roy Kronk because I don't think the media/bloggers/or whoever should be judging him. If he did something wrong, let it be QUIETLY handled in court in front of 12 jurors so that other "ordinary citizens" are not afraid to report crimes in the future.

MOO

You are absolutely right!!! No one I know has heard of Robert Manwill, Lindsey Baum, Brittanee Drexel, Haleigh Cummings, and the many other missing children. If it's not local people just have not followed the cases.

When i started watching NG i thought she was going to be the one to make the difference and put these kids out there, but it looks as though the big wigs in the company have decided what will be aired.

Truely Sad.

Bold is mine and I couldn't agree with you MORE!

So WHAT GIVES? I just simply do NOT UNDERSTAND why did not cover this breaking news in a case they each had ALREADY BEEN FOLLOWING. I seriously am shocked at their choices today.... especially that of the Nancy Grace show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Fwiw, shows like NG are not set up for breaking news. She appears to have done it in the past. In reality they were tipped off hours or days before that something was going down. When her crew was there when Casey Anthony was arrested she knew way before. I was tipped off to watch it on NG six hours before it happened. And today was a big day in the courtroom for MJ's estate. There will always be more cases than journalist to cover them. Sad but true. What about AAron Thompson? Her murder and abuse trial started today. Any national coverage on that?
I agree with you to a certain point... the turning point for me is that she has been covering this case. I guess this really is a defining moment for bombshells......

Can someone remind me how long it took LE to positively identify Sandra after her body was found?

My proposal is giving the informant the option of anonymity to the general public. I also encourage initial reports of suspicious activity to be completely anonymous. But that's a topic for discussion elsewhere. Though I agree with the Kronk reference. Anyway, the autopsy is being done right now, in fact it's probably been determined if the boy drowned or was dead prior to entering the water.

Perhaps public hangings

Funny you should say that...When my Mom was 7 yrs old (1932) growing up in a small town in Mexico. One of the men had raped a little 8 yr old girl. She identified him, when he sobered up, he apologized but it wasnt enough. They took him to the nearest tree and hung him. Rough justice , YES..But, as far as I know, they haven't had a rape of a child there since. Lately, with all the murders of these little angels, I can see myself becoming a vigilante since the doer's of justice don't seem to be doin much of nuthin!

bet the poor angel was dead before he hit the water

Nurse, back me up here: From what I understand lungs are like a sponge. When someone drowns, the air sacs in the lungs fill with water. Since a body without air in the lungs is denser than water, it sinks. A person who is killed on the surface and then put in the water tends to float, since the lungs are still full of air. That's how pathologists can tell whether a person was drowned or was dead before hitting the water.

FYI: I called KTVB & informed them of no audio on the last couple of videos. I spoke with a man directly from the news room! I let him know the videos : corner to ID Body, News Conference & the very 1st one all open with NO sound. He thanked them & said that they will fix it A.S.A.P......he spoke with a tech while I was on the phone & they are starting to work on it right now! :wink:

FYI: I called KTVB & informed them of no audio on the last couple of videos. I spoke with a man directly from the news room! I let him know the videos : corner to ID Body, News Conference & the very 1st one all open with NO sound. He thanked them & said that they will fix it A.S.A.P......he spoke with a tech while I was on the phone & they are starting to work on it right now! :wink:

Thanks Angel..I don't know what we would do without all your hard work!!:blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaPrirl