CA - Jaycee Dugard, 11, South Lake Tahoe, 10 June 1991 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, he's definitely drinking his own Kool-Aid. Heartwarming in most people's universe doesn't include a 14 yr. old rape victim giving birth in captivity. Turn-around would also presume a "person" letting his victim return to her family and turning himself in ten years ago, if this supposedly took place shortly after the second one was born.

And if he apologized to that reporter one more time in his "I'm SUCH a nice guy" voice l was going to punch my monitor.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Well, he didn't feel he needed to share with the world this "heartwarming" story until he knew he was about to get busted. This fairy tale of religious awakening is an attempt at a preemptive strike. Doesn't matter that it is pure garbage, but it will drag out any trial he has for years[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] to come, because we sure as heck don't want to deny this man his "rights." In the end, whatever compensation Jaycee gets will be chump change compared to[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] what the state will spend on this 's defense. It is all so disgusting. [/FONT]

According to this witness there were two small children living there two years ago.

<snip> &#8220;Erika Pratt, 25, who lived next door two years ago, said she was continuously &#8220;freaked out&#8221; by Garrido&#8217;s behavior, and that when she popped her head over the fence she saw his secret compound. She saw tents, sheds and pit bull dogs, and water hoses leading from her house next door to the compound.

&#8220;He told us to come on over and hear him talk about God, but he was really weird,&#8221; Pratt said. &#8220;He had little girls and women living in that back yard, and they all looked kind of the same. They never talked, and they kept to themselves.&#8221;

Pratt said people came and went from the property, but the core group consisted of two girls about 4 years old, one girl about 11, another girl about 15 and a young woman about 25. They were all blonde, she said.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/08/27/BA4N19EJ35.DTL&tsp=1#ixzz0PRPTcnNK

It is disgusting. As well as the fact that he and his wife/accomplace will be housed in better living conditions than Jaycee and her children. :furious:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Well, he didn't feel he needed to share with the world this "heartwarming" story until he knew he was about to get busted. This fairy tale of religious awakening is an attempt at a preemptive strike. Doesn't matter that it is pure garbage, but it will drag out any trial he has for years[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] to come, because we sure as heck don't want to deny this man his "rights." In the end, whatever compensation Jaycee gets will be chump change compared to[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] what the state will spend on this 's defense. It is all so disgusting. [/FONT]

I really don't understand how people can do this to children. Or really anyone for that matter. It makes me cry more than it makes me angry. :(

As close as any of us will ever get to hearing the voice of evil:

In a telephone interview with KCRA 3, Garrido claimed to have turned his life around.

Telephone interview from jail. This SOB needs to get to room temperature ASAP.

Just listened to his telephone interview. I feel sick. About midway thru, my thoughts were not only what a deranged individual this man is, but also that this was the voice poor Jaycee had to hear day upon day from her captor, from the age of 11.

Now that he's in jail for kidnapping and rape once again, I hope he never gets out.

100 years ago, this sicko would have been travelling in a wagon selling snake oil. He is a manipulative, self-serving, sly-as-a-fox, evil man!! That interview was fascinating. He has absolutely NO remorse for anyone, and no real concern for anyone on this planet but his own sorry azz. Here he is, caught to the point that he knows he can't deny it, so he is busy trying to spin it. I think Jaycee needs to hook up with Shawn Hornbeck and his family. They can probably offer some good advice about how to survive this. I was obsessed with Elizabeth Smart's story, and was elated when she was found, but 9 months of captivity does not equal 18 YEARS in a tent, raped, pregnant, terrified, and essentially left alone. There is something about this sick story that reminds me of the movie Slingblade. Jaycee, you and your beautiful daughters are in my prayers. If she were my daughter, I would welcome her and her daughters with open arms. All children are gifts from God - the REAL God - and not the one that spoke from a box to this jerk. Good grief!

ITA with everything you've said here. He is a complete and total narcissist - everything is all about him. Sadly, I do believe Jaycee will have to be "deprogammed." She has been totally dependent on this monster and his "wife" for 18 years. I don't know about the daughters. It seems they have basically been raised in captivity. No education or social encounters, and who knows what they've experienced at the hands of this freak?

Oh Lord, please help them be okay!!!

I'm just getting back here after watching the press conference. I was absolutely blown away by the details of Jaycee's captivity! I can't imagine how horrible it was for Jaycee, and later her two children. I'm somewhat familiar with that area and know people who live not too far away. It gets hot in the summer and cold in the winter. I'm sure those sheds weren't confortable for most of the year. I can't imagine a young girl (14 at the time) giving birth and caring for a newborn in those conditions. It's difficult to express how awful it was to hear those details........I wasn't expecting it.

I'm sure Jaycee's mother and family will do everything possible to help Jaycee and her two daughters, but it's going to take a lifetime to recover, if ever. With Jaycee's mother and step-father currently being separated, I hope they will come together for a common goal.......Jaycee and the two girls are going to need as much of a caring family life as is possible. One thing I'm glad to hear......Jaycee's mother lives more than 400 miles away from Antioch. It will be better to be far away from where she was held captive for so long.

As for the two perps..............I can't help but think a repeat offender will get the maximum. :furious:

But one thing really bothers me and it's been mentioned on this thread, and that's the absence of other children. With Jaycee's youngest being 11-years-old, I would think that without birth control a 29-year-old would have had more children in the past 11 years. Also, I have no doubt that at least one, if not both, of those two children have already been molested by the perp. :furious:

What if there were one or more additional children who were boys??? Pure speculation here, really more like a terrible feeling, but I feel the authorities should strongly consider digging up that backyard.

But one thing really bothers me and it's been mentioned on this thread, and that's the absence of other children. With Jaycee's youngest being 11-years-old, I would think that without birth control a 29-year-old would have had more children in the past 11 years. Also, I have no doubt that at least one, if not both, of those two children have already been molested by the perp.

While I wouldn't be surprised that there were more births, it's very likely that Jaycee is now infertile. Two live births, but who knows how many miscarriages. No prenatal care. No postnatal care. Birth is very hard on a woman's body, and infection could have set in easily. God only knows what kind of scarring she could have throughout her reproductive system, not only from birth trauma and/or infection, but from being raped at an incredibly young age. Pieces of the placenta could have been left behind, widely scarring the walls of her uterus. Extensive uterine scarring could prevent an embryo from implanting.

I just keep thinking how absolutely terrifying this had to be for her. Most kids at that age have a hard time dealing with getting their period, and here she was subjected to labor and delivery without medical care. You bleed for weeks after birth. There is often tearing. I personally dislocated my tailbone (I had a ginormous baby, though) and couldn't sit in a car for a long time. I'd never trade my babies for anything, but picturing a little girl going through that---sickening.

Again, I'd in no way be surprised if they start unearthing infant remains. It makes all the sense in the world. However, her body underwent more trauma before the age of 14 than most mature women will ever experience during sex, pregnancy, and birth. I absolutely see no reason to think he didn't start raping her right away, and a 11 year-old isn't close to being physically (or emotionally, obviously) ready for a mature man and his repeated rapes.

According to this witness there were two small children living there two years ago.

<snip> “Erika Pratt, 25, who lived next door two years ago, said she was continuously “freaked out” by Garrido’s behavior, and that when she popped her head over the fence she saw his secret compound. She saw tents, sheds and pit bull dogs, and water hoses leading from her house next door to the compound.

“He told us to come on over and hear him talk about God, but he was really weird,” Pratt said. “He had little girls and women living in that back yard, and they all looked kind of the same. They never talked, and they kept to themselves.”

Pratt said people came and went from the property, but the core group consisted of two girls about 4 years old, one girl about 11, another girl about 15 and a young woman about 25. They were all blonde, she said.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/08/27/BA4N19EJ35.DTL&tsp=1#ixzz0PRPTcnNK

bold by me. uh, i wonder who were the other girls, the four year olds?? scary...

bold by me. uh, i wonder who were the other girls, the four year olds?? scary...

That what I am wondering. Where is the four year old, would be about six now according to the next door neighbor lady who tried to report the oddness, but cops did nothing. The article I read said that two years ago there was a 4 year old, 11 year old, 15 year old, and of course Jaycee. I really hope the 15 year old wasn't the mother of the 4 year old. All blondes and all looked alike according to the neighbor.

Also: I'd like to add that I'm livid to find out that this man lived in Nevada and committed the other kidnap and rapes in Nevada. All any good detective, LE or even private, would have to do was track all offenders down at various times over the years. The ex cons could have been watched and any children who suddenly popped up could have been identified as kidnapped, easily!

I would like to know that, too! Could he and the wife have been perhaps part of a larger sex ring??

The police had better leave no stone unturned here.

Sorry late getting here...

Yes the 4 yr olds....very scary, surely LE is looking into this....?

I'm thinking there will be much, much more to this tragic story. So many questions.....We shall see.

Why didn't the parole agents who dealt with him realize that he lived on a two acre property with three large backyards?? I was able to find this out in less than a minute with Google Maps. Apparently they performed a "complete" inspection in his house some time ago, merely looked out the back window, and saw the fence blocking the view of the other backyards. How come they don't have the basic information about the home their parolee lives in??

Is this what we pay our taxes for, an incompetent government? But I will have to give some credit to the agent who smoked him out at the meeting yesterday afternoon. The Berkeley campus cop who got the ball rolling on Tuesday deserves a lot of credit, also.

I can't believe the Contra Costa sheriffs came out to investigate the neighbor's complaint that he had little girls and young women living in that large backyard, KNOWING (or they should have) that he was a registered sex offender convicted of RAPE, and did NOTHING!!

This is totally unacceptable to me.

I also want to know who those two "four year olds" were. This case is just unbelievable. How many children did this man have contact with through the past two decades or more?

By the way, just a short walk to the west of his property is a large youth baseball complex. Many baseball fields. How many girls' softball teams use those fields??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph