CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #5 FOUND DECEASED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone please pm me the name of the person that could possibly be the suspect. I've been reading (trying to stay current), but this has me stumped. I came up with two very common names on the directory but I'm not sure if either of them are correct.

If you could PM me as well, sorry, i'm really trying to catch up. Thanks so much for making the effort.

The name with the 1985 birthdate and one speeding violation (but not "excessively fast") is listed in a Yahoo people search in Middletown, but not at 60 Ferry St. Of course it's a very common name.

I think this person is from Middle Haddam. Must not be same person.

Good point f stills, and welcome to WS!

If you could PM me as well, sorry, i'm really trying to catch up. Thanks so much for making the effort.

They lost me also....I realize this is not a 2 hour movie, but we all just want to know....yesterday.

Could someone please pm me the name of the person that could possibly be the suspect. I've been reading (trying to stay current), but this has me stumped. I came up with two very common names on the directory but I'm not sure if either of them are correct.

ditto for me please if possible? :blowkiss:

Let's consider this: at 12:01 PM today, the New Haven Independent published this information:

This seems to indicate that the New Haven Independent has the name of the suspect.

At 1:41 today, the New Haven Independent published the story about the Yale student who contacted FBI after remembering an incident in which a man with a blood-stained shirt held the door open for her on the Tuesday Annie was last seen.

Is it just me, or would they NOT publish the second story at all if the physical description given by the student did not match the physical description of the known name of the suspect from the first story?

wonder who the New Haven Independent has for a "source"...saw this earlier:

Another law enforcement source familiar with the probe identified the suspect as a lab technician who works with animal testing at Yale. That technician’s campus phone number was disconnected Monday afternoon and he couldn’t be reached for comment. The technician allegedly had an unrequited romantic interest in Annie Le, according to that source. That suggestion couldn’t be independently verified Monday afternoon.

the "love-interest" angle does fit with what some posters have speculated as well.

http://newhavenindependent.org/archives/2009/09/serious_suspect.php

So why do you think they aren't releasing the results now? Because there have been so many leaks already and they might be afraid the case will be compromised?

I gotta say this is one of the most back and forth, we said, no we didn't say cases I have ever followed.

Wonder what has stopped the presser and the ME statement???
Confessions?
Not arrested yet?

Middletown link to Le mystery?

Updated: Tuesday, 15 Sep 2009, 2:52 PM EDT
Published : Tuesday, 15 Sep 2009, 2:51 PM EDT
Middletown (WTNH) - Police have focused in on a Middletown apartment complex in the homicide investigation of Annie Le, a Yale graduate student whose body was found Sunday inside the wall of a Yale building.

More at link:
http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/crime/news_wtnh_middletown_link_le_200909151450

The Associated Press is reporting that police are questioning folks who live in the Wharfside Commons apartment complex. Public records show that a Yale animal research technician resides in the complex.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou....649841&spn=0.822967,2.458191&t=h&z=9&iwloc=A

HLN just reported ME will NOT relaease cause of death due to request by LE

Wonder what has stopped the presser and the ME statement???
Confessions?
Not arrested yet?

They are waiting on the test results from the clothing found in the ceiling acc to a reporter from the NH Independent interviewed on FOX.

It has been learned this man had on different clothing when he left the bldg than when he arrived.

FYI: HLN just announced that they will NOT be releasing the autopsy results today, due to the request of the investigators at this time!!!

IMO It must be because of thier POI & they don't want certian information out until after an arrest!

:angel:

New Haven Police spokesman Joe Avery said Tuesday it was his "hope" that an arrest would be made by 1 p.m., but later changed course, saying, "As of right, now we have nobody in custody and there is no anticipated arrest as of today."

"We're talking to a lot of people," Avery said when questioned, but refused to comment further.

Medical examiners plan to disclose Le's cause of death and other results of their autopsy later today.

Cops have said the murder was not "a random act" and insisted no one on the Ivy League campus is in danger, although the killer is still at large.
"I was in the lab on Saturday while her body was still in the wall," said Sarah Walters, 25, who had a class with Le. "It makes me feel sick to my stomach when I think about it.

"People are trying to move forward, but there is this overwhelming sense that something is so wrong and everyone feels it, a sense of security that has been lost and we might never get back," Walters said.

Hundreds of students and concerned residents gathered for a candlelight vigil Monday night, some humming "Amazing Grace

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2009/09/15/2009-09-15_cops_set_to_reveal_yale_student_annie_le_cause_of_death_hope_to_make_arrest_tues.html#ixzz0RCm7u5Ly

Ehh....I would guess that someone as disciplined as a lab tech (in their daily lives) probably wouldn't want to move too often. I'm going to assume it's correct - college town here...it takes a lot of time to move, too...and if they were busy, and the price was good...why move? =)

LOL......having been in MANY a research lab, I can attest that lab techs are not always disciplined workers. They leave PILES of equipment sitting around that needs to be cleaned and re-shelved, some spend hours on computers doing little that has to do with the lab (poker, e-bay, etc.) Some are great, dedicated workers, some are not--just like in any other place. Students and workers in college towns move VERY frequently, also. This POI has been said by the press to be an ANIMAL Tech, not a lab tech and several posters have very helpfully explained the difference in previous pages. These techs will also frequently move from working in one suite of labs to another, as a job that they may find more appealing opens up, they can apply and transfer. Many of them take the job thinking it will be easy and pleasant work, and find that it is not and quit relatively soon.

Not sure how to respond to "the price was good", I can't figure out what that might mean. However, if it means the PAY is good---not so much true. They could probably make more in tips waiting tables at a bar down the street.

Killer still at large............those words scare me! Hope an LE is right beside him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ATLSooner