CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #5 FOUND DECEASED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Le autopsy results to remain private
Updated: Tuesday, 15 Sep 2009, 3:32 PM EDT
Published : Tuesday, 15 Sep 2009, 3:28 PM EDT
<snipped>
The Chief Medical Examiner's Office is not releasing the cause of death of Yale graduate student Annie Le.

The decision was made to help the police with their homicide investigation, Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Wayne Carver told News Channel 8.

The office of New Haven State's Attorney Michael Dearington asked the medical examiner to not publicly release the autopsy report.

It was unclear when the results would be released.

Earlier in the day the medical examiner's office announced it would be releasing the manner of death at 3:00 p.m.

Article:
http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/new_ha...le_autopsy_results_remain_sealed_200909151527

:angel:

I am getting alerts like crazy on this thread.

I advise everyone to read rules, EVERYONE, newbies and oldies alike....or some of you will be sitting in time out if you can't follow the rules!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159"]The Rules[/ame]

The terms of service & posting rules here at Websleuths. All in one place for your convenience.

REMEMBER, ATTACK THE POST! NOT THE POSTERS. DO NOT LET YOUR EMOTIONS GET THE BEST OF YOU.

Cops descend on home of Yale lab technician eyed in murder of student Annie Le
Updated Tuesday, September 15th 2009, 3:00 PM
<snipped>
A swarm of cops has descended on the home of a Yale animal research technician who worked with murdered grad student Annie Le.

Public records show the lab tech lives in a first-floor apartment at the complex in Middletown, about 20 miles from the Yale, The Associated Press reports.

Police parked outside the Wharfside Commons apartment complex would not confirm they were there to investigate the Le killing. A man answering the door there said the lab tech wasn't at home and closed the door.

Cops say the tech is not in custody.

Police zeroed in on the man several days ago, after he failed lie detector tests and had scratches on his chest that suggest he was in a struggle.

Article:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_..._cause_of_death_hope_to_make_arrest_tues.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Officials: No cause of death to be released today
Published: Tuesday, September 15, 2009
<snipped>
Police and the New Haven state&#8217;s attorney&#8217;s office requested that the information not be released, "in order to facilitate the investigation," a spokewoman for the medical examiner said.

Police are focusing on a Yale lab technician who works in the building where a graduate student&#8217;s body was found Sunday as her possible killer, police sources confirmed Monday. But no arrest has been made, police said.

"We&#8217;re in the period of now just getting back our lab tests to see if we can tie this up to a particular person," he added.

He said lab results were not yet back on the blood-spotted clothing found in a drop ceiling inside the building. Authorities have said the clothing did not belong to Le, and were trying to determine if it could be linked to the killer.

Mid-afternoon Monday, at about the same time the medical examiner confirmed the identification, three plainclothes police officers from Yale University visited the Lawrence Street home where Le had lived, and spoke to a roommate. They declined comment.

Article:
http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2009/09/15/news/new_haven/doc4aafeb5576ac8864342757.txt

:angel:

I assumed an animal technician fed them and cleaned cages, etc but higher levels require college degree and much more responsibility...

Yale University Job Description
Animal Technician V Grade E

Representative Duties:

Provide administrative leadership of a unit or function, including overseeing and coordinating projects or work processes, and distributing and monitoring the work of at least 2 regular FTEs as a lead worker.
Act as expert resource to investigators and staff in one or more areas of animal technology. For example:
Develop, implement, coordinate, oversee and/or maintain complex departmental projects such as rederivation and cryopreservation; BL 3 operations.
Working with managers coordinate complex experimental procedures for investigators which involve specialized techniques such as surgical procedures.
Observe and evaluate animals for signs of illness and stress and deviations in animal conditions. Feed, house and handle animals in accordance with institutional, local and Federal regulations.
Provide research and technical support to investigators. Conduct or oversee procedures such as blood collection, injections and/or routine surgical procedures. Prepare reports and provide updates to investigators regarding the status of animals.
Using protocols established by PI or manager, manage and maintain breeding colonies for research. Establish and carry out strategic breeding plans according to specific protocols or instructions.
Maintain detailed records regarding animal colonies such as births, deaths, weaning, and breeding and other records required by institutional, local and federal regulations.
Train and/or instruct staff on sanitation, animal handling, restraint and care techniques, appropriate to level.
Maintain a working liaison with other appropriate departments/units across campus.
Perform additional related tasks as necessary.
Family: Research-Support
Date: 10/08

Required Knowledge:

Advanced knowledge, college-degree; substantial knowledge in a specialized field; substantial knowledge in a broader field of learning.
Limited acquaintance with business, accounting, or commercial procedures.
Working knowledge of University organizational policies and procedures generally; detailed knowledge of one or several narrow areas of University rules and procedures.

Required Skills:

Extracts and compiles a broad range of data from a variety of written sources, personal contacts and/or databases selected independently; interpretation/limited analysis of data.
Routine use of a major library catalogue or reference database.
Files already labeled material using a straightforward alphabetical, numerical or chronological system.
Summarizes, revises or makes limited use of complex, technical or specialized literature.
Write simple internal memoranda, fills out complex forms.
Regular, skilled use of more complex machines, including word processors or personal computers; responsible for basic troubleshooting and repair or manipulation of data using published software.
Performs complex experiments from start to finish.
Experiments include multiple procedures performed in combination and/or sequence.

Office and Administrative Skills:
Keyboards forms, labels, and other simple material.
Merges, edits and manipulates data on a personal computer to generate complex reports.
Arranges for and coordinates schedules, appointments, projects, conferences, and major events.
Advises, screens and refers callers and visitors.

Experience, Education and Formal Training:
Two years of related work experience in the same job family and a Bachelor degree in a related field; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.

Complexity and Organization:
Wide variety of complicated job tasks requiring coordinating numerous processes/methods.
Coordinating and organizing other people’s work is a primary responsibility of my job.

Interpersonal Relations:
Ongoing involvement outside immediate work unit.
Offers or obtains specialized information and provides assistance on complex matters.
Trains, instructs, or teaches others in academic, research, or other professional matters.

Supervisory Guidelines:
Work may or may not be reviewed.
Incumbent plans and schedules own work and/or the work of others based on an understanding of broadly defined objectives and priorities; supervisor reviews work after its completion.
Instruction provided only in rare instances.

Independent Judgment:
Established procedures/policies govern many work situations.
Regular exercise of independent judgment or initiative.
Problems usually not solved by following established procedures.

Leadership Responsibility:
Often provides work guidance, instruction or orientation of others.
Distributing and monitoring work is a primary responsibility of my job.

Impact and Consequence of Error:
Work has some effect both outside the work unit and outside the University.
Errors are difficult to recognize and correct and can cause considerable harm or financial loss to individuals, departments, and the University, or to other individuals and groups.

Working Conditions:
Ongoing possibility of safety risks.
Regular conflicting demands, deadlines, emergencies, or time pressures.
Regular sustained concentration.
Some physical effort or dexterity.

Certification:
AALAS Laboratory Animal Technologist Certification preferred.

This is not an animal room technician - this person would not be changing cages. This is a supervisory position- you see "administrative leadership" in the first sentence? look up Animal Technician I for the cage changing.

All technicians are not the same- as you go up through the different grades, the requirements/duties change. It's the same for research lab technicians.

Yesterday a poster here said he thought as soon as the tests on the clothing came back they would put the cuffs on this suspect. That would be his blood on his shirt, and I don't know if that would do it, even with everything else they have.

I would think they are waiting for confirmation of whatever was found under Annie's nails connecting back to the suspect. Then I would think it would be timely to slap those cuffs on. IMO Any other ideas on that are very welcome BTW There might be something I am forgetting or haven't thought about.

I am not sure I understand. I tried a neighbor search here:

http://www.whitepages.com/more_searches

I put in 60 and 70 Ferry st, middletown, CT.

I did not see the name we are looking for.
I went through all the male names for even addresses on Ferry Street, since it looks like there is a sister apartment complex to Wharfside Commons on the same side of the street, and checked them on the CT Courts site. No matches to the same traffic offense.

Scandi, I think you are right but what surprises me is the sudden unwillingness to release autopsy results after they made a public announcement that they would be doing just that today at 3 PM.

Interesting rdm64. I sorta had serious doubts about the whole 'bloody mess' scene as I think that would be very heard to cover-up and since the hidden clothing supposedly didn't have her blood on it. I think a strangling is what we will be hearing as COD at 3pm, too.

IIRC, strangulation is one of the leading, if not number one, COD in male on female murders. It would also fit with the scratches on his chest as she fought back.

I advise everyone to read rules, EVERYONE, newbies and oldies alike....or some of you will be sitting in time out if you can't follow the rules! We will not warn again, read the rules!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159"]THE RULES [/ame]

The terms of service & posting rules here at Websleuths. All in one place for your convenience.

REMEMBER, ATTACK THE POST! NOT THE POSTERS. DO NOT LET YOUR EMOTIONS GET THE BEST OF YOU.

LOL......having been in MANY a research lab, I can attest that lab techs are not always disciplined workers. They leave PILES of equipment sitting around that needs to be cleaned and re-shelved, some spend hours on computers doing little that has to do with the lab (poker, e-bay, etc.) Some are great, dedicated workers, some are not--just like in any other place. Students and workers in college towns move VERY frequently, also. This POI has been said by the press to be an ANIMAL Tech, not a lab tech and several posters have very helpfully explained the difference in previous pages. These techs will also frequently move from working in one suite of labs to another, as a job that they may find more appealing opens up, they can apply and transfer. Many of them take the job thinking it will be easy and pleasant work, and find that it is not and quit relatively soon.

Not sure how to respond to &quot;the price was good&quot;, I can't figure out what that might mean. However, if it means the PAY is good---not so much true. They could probably make more in tips waiting tables at a bar down the street.

I mean...if the price someone was paying in a college town for their apartment was "good" (not too high), why would they move? I stayed in the same condo for 5 years after freshman year in the dorms because my rent stayed the same price and finding places that are reasonable with such a high proportion of students is difficult/annoying/time consuming. I meant that a lot of college students stay in the same place...why move if you don't have to each year? My comment was in response to someone bringing up that the info linking the person to the apartments was from May. I've lived in a complete college town for 7 years. No other industry here, really. I've seen this pattern over and over. Especially for busy health professionals/techs.

I went through all the male names for even addresses on Ferry Street, since it looks like there is a sister apartment complex to Wharfside Commons on the same side of the street, and checked them on the CT Courts site. No matches to the same traffic offense.

would the person be necessarily listed? could the listing be under a roommate's name or could he be newly arrived to the place

LE has their guy. He isn't going anywhere. There must be some last minute anticipatory court issues that are preventing the ME's report from being released. I would imagine they are nailing down evidence issues, alibi, privacy rights of the suspect, etc. to get a lock-down on the criminal case and ensure a murder verdict. I wonder if the suspect covered his tracks better than was imagined here to warrant this kind of delay. Premeditated, indeed.

I'm secretly afraid that their entire case has fallen through if they did someone so radical and re-nig on the autopsy report, etc. Sounds like contamination or something not too great came up in the searches leaving a reasonable doubt...

Posting again!

I advise everyone to read rules, EVERYONE, newbies and oldies alike....or some of you will be sitting in time out if you can't follow the rules! We will not warn again, read the rules!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159"]THE RULES [/ame]

DO NOT POST INFO W/O LINKS. Remember copyright rules. I just deleted 3 posts because of copy n paste w/no link and also copying over 10% of information.

READ THE DAG GUM RULES PEOPLE.

I mean...if the price someone was paying in a college town for their apartment was "good" (not too high), why would they move? I stayed in the same condo for 5 years after freshman year in the dorms because my rent stayed the same price and finding places that are reasonable with such a high proportion of students is difficult/annoying/time consuming. I meant that a lot of college students stay in the same place...why move if you don't have to each year? My comment was in response to someone bringing up that the info linking the person to the apartments was from May. I've lived in a complete college town for 7 years. No other industry here, really. I've seen this pattern over and over. Especially for busy health professionals/techs.

Sorry....still don't know what this refers to! :confused: My posts were quoted, and I was talking only about the turnover of workers in the animal labs. I never even mentioned any apartment complexes! My post was saying that these WORKERS may only be an animal tech for one or two semesters and then move on to other jobs. An animal tech is definitely not a health professional, while some at the supervisory level would be considered to be a professional, most entry level animal techs are basically cage cleaners!

This is not an animal room technician - this person would not be changing cages. This is a supervisory position- you see "administrative leadership" in the first sentence? look up Animal Technician I for the cage changing.

All technicians are not the same- as you go up through the different grades, the requirements/duties change. It's the same for research lab technicians.

Thanks, I posted that because the name that matched the 1985 birthdate with the speeding violation was thanked in several published papers (along with 2-3 other techs) for invaluable assistance. Obviously an animal tech who cleans cages, etc would not be mentioned. But an "Animal Technician" IV or V might be acknowledged. Are we assuming that suspect is an Animal Technician I, or could he possibly be a higher level?

I'm secretly afraid that their entire case has fallen through if they did someone so radical and re-nig on the autopsy report, etc. Sounds like contamination or something not too great came up in the searches leaving a reasonable doubt...

No, don't worry. Remember they are putting the case before the media's demands and our need to know. Postponing an announcement is not radical at all. It's just that we want to know now! Better we wait and they wrap it up tight.

I must admit I'm going nuts waiting, though.

Yeah, me too.

I think I found where the other possible dude lives too. And it is not in Middletown.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88987"]Continue here please.[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member