News station found video of THE DUCT TAPE on posters at the Anthony home!

Gotta think that THAT particular roll of duct tape coulda ended up in the hands of...... family members, staunch (duhhhh) supporters :loser:eek:f the :nuts:Anthonys, or got all used up and tossed out (it was likely old at any rate and how much was left on the roll even before they started???) or tossed by Casey at one of her "quiet moments" sitting in the garage whilst her brother went outside to breath :ashamed0005:something other than the decomp smell :ziplip::no::devil:coming from her trunk....:eek: Perhaps one of Kathy's videos would show a clue?:cool: Shots of that roll of rare duct tape being put away in LAs car for example. I know, I know, wishful thinking.

And his arch nemesis Kathi Belich!!
woman.gif

YouTube - Belich Calls Baez Out

I remember that! Kathy Belich has it right! JB needs a reality check.............it's his own media appearances that have generated so much publicity in this case, not to mention his clients bizarre parents who've also been the source of a LOT of adverse publicity with their constant media appearance and behavior.

Does JB think that moving the trial to another jurisdiction will change anything? George and Cindy are part of the baggage that would go with the trial if it were moved to another jurisdiction, and what makes JB or anyone else think they won't do the same media crap and bad behavior they've done in Orlando?

In a text message to Amy in Mid May, Casey made a remark about "using or taking" Amys duct tape. Im assssuming she used it to tape the American Flag "dress" to herself for the Anything But Clothes party.
How many rolls of duct tape are involved in this case?

How many pieces of duct tape does it take to get to the truth?!?!?!?

Maybe now the "pieces" will start coming together?

That video is hilarious. Has anyone sent that to KB? I just know she would get a kick out of it.

I remember that! Kathy Belich has it right! JB needs a reality check.............it's his own media appearances that have generated so much publicity in this case, not to mention his clients bizarre parents who've also been the source of a LOT of adverse publicity with their constant media appearance and behavior.

Does JB think that moving the trial to another jurisdiction will change anything? George and Cindy are part of the baggage that would go with the trial if it were moved to another jurisdiction, and what makes JB or anyone else think they won't do the same media crap and bad behavior they've done in Orlando?

Poetic justice that it was JB's interviews this morning that got KB and crew to dig for those pics. And I feel certain that when JB pleads his change of venue motion,the SA will have all these videos of the A's and the defense on NATIONAL news shows to prove this is not limited to Orlando.
JB has experience all right-at shooting himself in the foot!

i hope LE takes a piece of the duct tape from a roll and puts it in a swamp

and lets it sit there for a few months to see how the fibers appear after its been rotting away

1. new piece of tape ( take pictures and microscopic samples NOW )

2. toss it into swamp

3. examine it months later

4. compare to tape found on Caylee

BINGO ITS A MATCH :cool:

Wonder if they are doing just that, at the Body Farm?

i hope LE takes a piece of the duct tape from a roll and puts it in a swamp

and lets it sit there for a few months to see how the fibers appear after its been rotting away

1. new piece of tape ( take pictures and microscopic samples NOW )

2. toss it into swamp

3. examine it months later

4. compare to tape found on Caylee

BINGO ITS A MATCH :cool:

They did it with the pizza...If they didn't do it with the duct tape I would be shocked.

I would be shocked if they did. What you have to think about is the makeup of the swamp water used in the test will be of a different composition than the water she left her daughters body in. One could say that you could take earth from the area and "mix" with rain water, but that would still not be accurate. There are way to many factors to create an accurate test sample to compare with the known sample.

I would be shocked if they did. What you have to think about is the makeup of the swamp water used in the test will be of a different composition than the water she left her daughters body in. One could say that you could take earth from the area and "mix" with rain water, but that would still not be accurate. There are way to many factors to create an accurate test sample to compare with the known sample.

It would be easy to take a piece of duct tape, put it outside for several months, then compare how it is microscopically different to tape that hasn't been exposed to any element. The actual element itself is unimportant, what is important to note is that being exposed to ANY element(rain water, mud water, sand water, water with vegetation mixed in etc.) makes the tape microscopically "different".

Ever been to an FBI lab? Do you seriously think they don't understand the science they are working with? If it didn't match.. it didn't match.

Look, if duct tape fiber degrades to the point where it cannot be accurately linked to a source (roll/batch), the the FBI has a problem. Apparently they don't realize this because they said the skull tape was not from the same source as the gas can tape. They had the opportunity to say that degradation prevents them from meaningful comparison or saying anything definitive. But instead, they actually made a definitive statement.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18301938/detail.html#-

sniped from an old thread here on W/S, ( Not sure of the cpy rights)
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- An online social networking site might hold clues in the case against Casey. It might help determine where the duct tape came from that was found on a child's remains located near the Anthony home.

Eyewitness News made the discovery Wednesday as search crews spent another day sifting through dirt and knocking down tree branches. Eyewitness News learned of the duct tape details from somebody who contacted the station through WFTV.com.
An Ontario woman, who has been tracking the Casey Anthony case on WFTV.com, emailed Eyewitness News what she says is Casey's Facebook page with a message about duct tape. She insists it's an authentic page she found and printed in July.
snip

If the tape from the A home is not a match, maybe the tape Amy loaned her is. It is pretty clear to me, that the labs did much more testing AFTER the date on the reports Bad and Jose released and the DA is confident they can link Casey to the crime either with or without a match on this tape.

IMO, even without the FBI comparison, you still got the Anthony's in possesion of ducktape that is rare, hasn't been made in years and was only 2% of all duck tape out there. Caylee had this same rare tape on her dead body. The defense is just not going to be able to float the idea that the duck tape could indicate SODDI.

Just like they have trash bag experts (which I never knew about until the Melanie McGuire case) I'm confident they have duct tape experts who will be able to testify about the relevance and significance of all 3 tapes.

The defense may be able to spout off to the average joe on the today show about how the duct tape 'looks' different, therefore they aren't the same. But an expert will be able to testify that although they look different due to the outside elements, the stretching over a childs face (which I think is all the jury needs to know to be horrified) etc... they are chemically similar and more than likely came from the same roll.

Also, even though the defense has said otherwise... that henkel tape IS rare.. and an average juror will be able to see that. Out of the hundreds of people who post in this forum alone...who had henkel duct tape sitting in their junk drawer when all this came out? None of us did. I have never seen that stuff in my life. Yet the A's just happened to have a piece on their gas can... they just happened to have it laying around to put up posters? The skull of their murdered granddaughter just happened to have it wrapped around her mouth and nasal area? OH PLEASE.

You would have to get an entire jury with an IQ of 70 or under to buy the defenses garbage.

First off, kudos to KB, not only an excellent reporter, but a true advocate for Caylee. WFTV must be exceptionally proud of her.

Second, isn't it ironic JB is willing to use the advanced science of fiber testing to prove his client's innocence, but completely discredits the body farm and death band evidence? C'mon JB we weren't born yesterday, you can't pick and choose which science you think is valid just because it may suit your personal agenda.

Right on! And I vaguely remember the defense (maybe LKB) bringing up the trouble the FBI labs had years ago with reliability of testing or something. Anyone remember that? So they'll discount the FBI when they say the hair shows signs of decomp but they love the FBI when they say tape doesn't match. Will this work in trial?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82
Back