Sleuthing Cindy's Depo & Baez Objections to Sealed Items

Don't know, Valhall. Only know awhile back a couple of posters here made the comment about him vomiting when seeing the pix. I was never able to verify it one way or the other. I probably shouldn't have mentioned it as it may just have been a rumor.
Hi lacey!
Here is a link to George's FBI interview from July 31 when he actually discusses having been shown or told about those photos by LE and how that made him sick. It is about at the 8 minute mark when he starts talking about it...
http://www.wftv.com/video/18032897/index.html

Hi lacey!
Here is a link to George's FBI interview from July 31 when he actually discusses having been shown or told about those photos by LE and how that made him sick. It is about at the 8 minute mark when he starts talking about it...

Well, as per the transcript linked in my last post, I would believe this is just another case of George's memory not matching reality.

Hi lacey!

Thank you Magic-Cat. He sure was a different person then. More 'real.' Just listening for a few minutes I heard a few contradictions from the just released state depo's. I think since George says the pix of Casey made him "sick" (he said this twice) it might have been misconstrued as him vomiting.

Respectfully snipped.

I think you might be on to something here, TE.

Why did the defense need that DNA testing done? I've been scratching my head over that. :waitasec:

Some fuel for this particular fire:

Anyway, that DNA testing would have been done in early October. Sometime in October (I'll look for a date) Todd Black slipped and said Caylee was dead. Then November we have DC poking around for Caylee's body. Also November we have Terry L's DP document in which kidnapping/nanny wasn't mentioned even once, but said that if Caylee was dead, it was almost certainly an accident.

There are other things have been discussed that point to the defense knowing in that timeframe that Caylee was dead.

Excellent examples, BeanE. Thank you. How could I have forgotten about Todd's infamous slip-up? And to WhiteAngora for the Nejame reminder.

I almost feel as if we need a new timeline weaving all of this together. Not the whole case all over again, just the salient points about occurrences that surround when the defense knew what, and how it pertains to the sleuthing we're doing about this hot-button ethics issue.

Casey strikes me as the type of person who will go along with whatever so she will fit in. Casey probably had NO IDEA what was so funny, but hey Jose was laughing. I noticed something as well in the video where Ashton and Baez were getting into it, and the judge said, "I am getting sick of this". ( Will look for the link), but while Jose was obviously gleeful about pushing Ashton's buttons, Casey begins to smirk, then a little cough, like, it was between her and Baez. She pretends to understand what is going on when I really think her mind is in la la land.

Bumping for Static - link you want is below:

Yes, Judge Strickland did say, "This is getting old."

Remind me - did the sidebar happen before or after Judge Strickland recessed and they had the 'in camera'? He did say 'no conflict' after the in camera, then they had the

HEARING: Heated Exchange
http://www.wftv.com/video/19010429/index.html

OK, on the OCSO property form for what Baez gave to FBI/OCSO, there is a white Fedex box listed. It looks to me that it is separate than the brown bag with all of the items? Did it have something not listed inside it? Or was the bag in the box?

Makes me curious as to the wording.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/13357630/Baez_OCSOpackage

The FedEX box reference made me think of packaging and the use of duct tape. Could their have been duct tape, similar to that found on Caylee's mouth, attached to the FedEX box, that wouldn't have been listed seperately, and therefore, OSCO has some Henkle duct tape that was included with the packaging of the items on the list? Could KC be so stupid as to use the Henkle duct tape to seal a box of Caylee's stuff that she handed over to her attorney?

Please help me remember, but didn't his DAUGHTER , who was working at his law office at the time, arrange deals between ABC and Casey? (Early on in the case, I have to look through my notes.)

I don't know that she actually arranged them, but she may have coordinated them. IIRC she did have something to do with them, just can't remember exactly what.

Should be a thread about it somewhere... think her name is Christine?

Could Caylee's biological father have been admittedly been written in a document scripted by Casey, and that would be "sealed"?

The FedEX box reference made me think of packaging and the use of duct tape. Could their have been duct tape, similar to that found on Caylee's mouth, attached to the FedEX box, that wouldn't have been listed seperately, and therefore, OSCO has some Henkle duct tape that was included with the packaging of the items on the list? Could KC be so stupid as to use the Henkle duct tape to seal a box of Caylee's stuff that she handed over to her attorney?

The fedex box came from JB. It was taken to OCSO by FBI Savage and James Allen. Note it contained an independent 4 page forensic DNA report JB had done based on the items KC gave him. It also contained exhibit H22. Was H22 just the list KC made or did JB turn in his list also? I'm assuming that LE took the list JB made from the A home and it was later included in H22 by the SA. If JB turned in his list then he turned in his own work product.

Excellent examples, BeanE. Thank you. How could I have forgotten about Todd's infamous slip-up? And to WhiteAngora for the Nejame reminder.

I almost feel as if we need a new timeline weaving all of this together. Not the whole case all over again, just the salient points about occurrences that surround when the defense knew what, and how it pertains to the sleuthing we're doing about this hot-button ethics issue.

I think that's a GREAT idea, may help us see something we're missing or not putting together. :clap:

I don't know that she actually arranged them, but she may have coordinated them. IIRC she did have something to do with them, just can't remember exactly what.

Should be a thread about it somewhere... think her name is Christine?

I think she went to the same school as KC but was older. I'm not sure we ever found out that KC knew her. I could be wrong, there's too much to remember in this case.

MC, I recall reading at least on two separate occasions other posters stating that GA vomited while viewing those pix. I questioned at the time and didn't receive any response (that I can recall.) And I had not read about it anywhere else. So I unless someone else can confirm/deny definitively, I am going to go under the assumption that it did not happen.

My memory of back then was that the interviewer mentions the "compromising photos" and GA states that he had seen them and that they made him throw up (not that he actually bent over and threw up during the interview). THere should be a link to the video because I am remembering "hearing" it as opposed to "reading" it

Hi lacey!

Just listened to the audio again and something this time around caught my attention. GA states (shortly after 8:00 mark) that he knows that KC has deleted some stuff off their computer, such as "shared photos of Caylee, things they have done"....

Have we ever found out which of the photos that have been released were actually deleted by KC but retrieved by LE or FBI?

Would be interesting to know exactly WHICH pics of Caylee KC thought would be damning for some reason?

I think she went to the same school as KC but was older. I'm not sure we ever found out that KC knew her. I could be wrong, there's too much to remember in this case.

I had this saved, good thing because the link no longer works:

"Life is always brighter with a smile," said Miami, Fla. native Christina Baez. While Christina, like most Miami natives, loves the beach, her home and heart is in the Swamp. Christina, this year's PRSSA Tresurer, dreamt of being a Gator and a Gator cheerleader since she was 7 years old, when she lived with her mother in on-campus housing, just a few steps away from Christina's freshman year dorm.

Now a senior, Christina has been a member of the Florida Competitive Cheerleading Orange team for three seasons. She also has a background in media relations and crisis management matched by few other public relations students. During the summer of 2008, Christina was hired by her father, Jose Baez, to handle all media relations in the Casey Anthony case and the search for her missing daughter, Caylee Anthony. During this period, Christina handled all national and local media appearances for her father in print, network and cable television, and radio. Christina has worked closely with major print publications such as People magazine and the Orlando Sentinel. She also worked daily with major network shows such as Good Morning America, NBC's Today show, Fox American News Live and ABC's 20/20. She has worked with programs on CNN, including Larry King Live and Nancy Grace.

Christina's ultimate dream is to travel the world. In the past few years, Christina has visited several popular destinations such as Southern Europe, Morocco, New York City, Las Vegas and the Bahamas. She has combined her passion for traveling and Public Relations, and is currently interning with Contiki Holidays in their Field Marketing Internship program on-campus. Christina will graduate in May 2009 as a Public Relations major with minors in Spanish and Leadership.

http://grove.ufl.edu/~prssa/board.html

Just listened to the audio again and something this time around caught my attention. GA states (shortly after 8:00 mark) that he knows that KC has deleted some stuff off their computer, such as "shared photos of Caylee, things they have done"....

Have we ever found out which of the photos that have been released were actually deleted by KC but retrieved by LE or FBI?

Would be interesting to know exactly WHICH pics of Caylee KC thought would be damning for some reason?

BBM

Great questions! I don't think we have.

Maybe JWG might know? He has pored over the computer forensics file.

Maybe someone with legal knowledge can help me out here. If JB wrote the list to KC wouldn't the list itself be attorney client privilege? The objections were about the list itself not the items. Exhibit 22 was supposed to be sealed. Looks like the list is Exhibit 22 so it must have slipped by.

I don't have legal knowledge, but I understand your premise of the possibility of attorney client privilege being involved. And it seems reasonable to me that JB could/would object on those grounds.

What I don't get is if there was attorney client privilege, how would the SAO get their hands on these documents in order to photograph them and make an exhibit out of them? KWIM? I wouldn't think that JB would be under any obligation to furnish them, since it would seem that this sort of thing would be privileged. The document on the right seems like someone was just randomly jotting on that page!

I wonder if whoever was responsible for rounding up those items and Fed Ex'ing them to the FBI was clumsy enough to stick those pages in the box with everything else? JB about herniated himself objecting so strenuously to any conversation about them. If indeed they are privileged and just wound up in the wrong hands, I understand his objection, and wouldn't want there to be any fallout for the SA for having published them. Do you think JB knows the difference between the terms "sealed" & "privileged"?

Interesting to me that the first portions of CA's deposition just abruptly stopped as this subject came up. Then the last 100 or so pages turned up later. It's as though the SA wanted to assure that they had their ducks in a row, so to speak, before letting the last of it out.

I had this saved, good thing because the link no longer works:

"Life is always brighter with a smile," said Miami, Fla. native Christina Baez. While Christina, like most Miami natives, loves the beach, her home and heart is in the Swamp. Christina, this year's PRSSA Tresurer, dreamt of being a Gator and a Gator cheerleader since she was 7 years old, when she lived with her mother in on-campus housing, just a few steps away from Christina's freshman year dorm.

Now a senior, Christina has been a member of the Florida Competitive Cheerleading Orange team for three seasons. She also has a background in media relations and crisis management matched by few other public relations students. During the summer of 2008, Christina was hired by her father, Jose Baez, to handle all media relations in the Casey Anthony case and the search for her missing daughter, Caylee Anthony. During this period, Christina handled all national and local media appearances for her father in print, network and cable television, and radio. Christina has worked closely with major print publications such as People magazine and the Orlando Sentinel. She also worked daily with major network shows such as Good Morning America, NBC's Today show, Fox American News Live and ABC's 20/20. She has worked with programs on CNN, including Larry King Live and Nancy Grace.

Christina's ultimate dream is to travel the world. In the past few years, Christina has visited several popular destinations such as Southern Europe, Morocco, New York City, Las Vegas and the Bahamas. She has combined her passion for traveling and Public Relations, and is currently interning with Contiki Holidays in their Field Marketing Internship program on-campus. Christina will graduate in May 2009 as a Public Relations major with minors in Spanish and Leadership.

http://grove.ufl.edu/~prssa/board.html

:eek:

I don't have legal knowledge, but I understand your premise of the possibility of attorney client privilege being involved. And it seems reasonable to me that JB could/would object on those grounds.

What I don't get is if there was attorney client privilege, how would the SAO get their hands on these documents in order to photograph them and make an exhibit out of them? KWIM? I wouldn't think that JB would be under any obligation to furnish them, since it would seem that this sort of thing would be privileged. The document on the right seems like someone was just randomly jotting on that page!

I wonder if whoever was responsible for rounding up those items and Fed Ex'ing them to the FBI was clumsy enough to stick those pages in the box with everything else? JB about herniated himself objecting so strenuously to any conversation about them. If indeed they are privileged and just wound up in the wrong hands, I understand his objection, and wouldn't want there to be any fallout for the SA for having published them. Do you think JB knows the difference between the terms "sealed" & "privileged"?

Interesting to me that the first portions of CA's deposition just abruptly stopped as this subject came up. Then the last 100 or so pages turned up later. It's as though the SA wanted to assure that they had their ducks in a row, so to speak, before letting the last of it out.

BBM

I'm guessing that one of the times Casey was re-arrested, she had the notebook on her and it was confiscated?

My memory of back then was that the interviewer mentions the "compromising photos" and GA states that he had seen them and that they made him throw up (not that he actually bent over and threw up during the interview). THere should be a link to the video because I am remembering "hearing" it as opposed to "reading" it

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74549"]George Anthony Interview 7-24-08 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

interview of 7-24-08 thread above has a reference to this being in the audio. I do not have the transcript. This isthe interview where Lee meets him. At first George is asking that his family not know he is there iirc.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab
Back