FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
what am I reading here about a page or two back, something about the boyfriend having the other kids leave the home for an hour?? what did I miss today?? someone help me out here...

the other kids came home w/o her - apparently he asked them to go look for her but I don't know if a source was listed with that info here

those woods are along the way that she walked, but that path, does not go to her home...it dead ends into some one's property, at least this is what LE told us...

Ok, that's what I thought. The man in the video wasn't claiming she needed to take that path to go home.

Maybe I misunderstood. I thought she meant the path didn't lead to Somer's home.

Need to go find that map.

it doesn't lead to her home.. ok I will let cam answer .. sorry.. I was just trying to help..

what am I reading here about a page or two back, something about the boyfriend having the other kids leave the home for an hour?? what did I miss today?? someone help me out here...
1450 school lets somer walk home

she catches up with her ten year old sister and her twin at the intersection where she walks another four blocks home (1/2 a mile to that point). She got teased and walked off ahead of them (this is the last sighting of her

kids get home at 1505 (iirc) and then SP (who is the boyfriend and lives in the home) asks where is somer... the kids tell him she walked off and he send them back out to go and find her. They look for an hour. It is not clear if he also went out to look... and really the media has never asked any questions in the pressers to clarify that further so at this point we just don't know what exactly happened there.

1600 mother calls home from work to check on the kids and is told somer is missing. She leaves work and notifies le right away and the investigation is started.

ok, what did I miss on little Haleigh today?? I know this is not her thread, but I am pooped!!
Anything?

YES MommaD, this is the guy that we saw posing for the camera....that path DOES NOT go to her home...it buts up to another house......have no clue why he said that, 15 min of fame I guess....Cops finally told him to get out of the woods...it had already been searched several times by cops, and they were going in again....but it did not lead to her home....her home is on a very busy corner of Debarry and Horton....

[bolded by me]

She lives on a busy corner traffic wise? That could be how the pedophile saw her.

that guy in the video, gave me the creeps too...but that's just me....

Well, earlier today they were saying, 2.2 miles! I wondered why anyone would let small children walk that far! Wonder what it really is?

I actually just moved from this area. I use to take the back roads to avoid blanding traffic to go to the doc every week. It is not quite a mile from the school. the school is pretty close, however for a 7 yr old to be walking it with or with out other kids imo should not happen no matter where you live. What bothers me is this, I know how many people are on that road when school gets out. There are is atleast one maybe two crossing gaurds between the school and Debarry, not to mention the other kids and alot of cars from picks or parents walking with the kids. So I dont understand how with all this around how no one knows what happened to her. I hope and pray she is found safe and is home soon.:praying:

somebody had to see this child walking home. someone passing in a car. where is that someone. her sister and brother was walking behind her, surely they could see her walking the street is a straight shot. where are the answers? they are there in someones head.

We were told today, not sure the truth of it, but that she only made it past the first crossing guard...and that there are 3 between the school and the intersection..LE was parked near the area also for when the school children get out....according to who we spoke to today, she never made it to the intersection of Gano and Debarry...the news is saying otherwise...so I don't know. I went back to the area when school let out today, to see what side of the road she would have been walking on, thinking that if a car pulled up, they would more than likely be on her side of the street to take her, this showed me that the car would have been going the opposite direction, meaning back towards the school.....but I don't know for sure...

not sure if this has been posted yet or not, but she could have with her a white hat and scarf....they also put out a new pic of her today....School pics came home today, so it is now being put out there....I have one, but the face on it is so light, you can't really see her good....but at least there is an updated pic.

We were told today, not sure the truth of it, but that she only made it past the first crossing guard...and that there are 3 between the school and the intersection..LE was parked near the area also for when the school children get out....according to who we spoke to today, she never made it to the intersection of Gano and Debarry...the news is saying otherwise...so I don't know. I went back to the area when school let out today, to see what side of the road she would have been walking on, thinking that if a car pulled up, they would more than likely be on her side of the street to take her, this showed me that the car would have been going the opposite direction, meaning back towards the school.....but I don't know for sure...

I read this written by one of the media bloggers too.

Cam, I have a question.... Did you see two men and a woman searching together that were hispanic?

I read this written by one of the media bloggers too.

Cam, I have a question.... Did you see two men and a woman searching together that were hispanic?
no I did not...everyone that came through the command center had to give ID....that does not mean that everyone went thru the command center tho....

do u know the corner of the first crossing guard

If my memory is correct there is one right at the end of the parking lot/pick up area i want to say each side of it and then one on Debarry and Gano.

Cam would be able to say for sure since its been a few months since I was home. God bless you Cam for being there to help find Somer.

do u know the corner of the first crossing guard
not the first one, but the second one is Grove Park Rd, I do think. My son asked the crossing guard there, and he said that he was there when she went missing, and she never made it to there.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie