FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could start a thread, talk to the mods, try to get it stickied.
Not about finding them once their gone, not about GPS for after they are lost, but about the proactive strategies that can be enacted to keep them from disappearing in the first place. National registries that actually work, pushing for registration of child murderers, writing to politicians, speaking out on YouTube.
With the talent and intellect on this site, if everyone gave 5 minutes a day, we could find the strategies and resources to drastically lower the numbers. But we need dedication, and we need to bring this into the light. Off of prime time cable news and into people's living rooms. Constant reminders that it could be anyone's child are the only way to get everyone on the same page about the hell this country inflicts on it's youngest and most vulnerable.

There, all done. Better now.

First, I want to say how sad and outraged I am by the murder of Somer. You are right; this has to stop!
I'm not much of a poster, but I would want to get involved in anything WS comes up with to promote proactive strategies. I am retired and have the time. So....If something gets going, please count me in.

She was exposed from the waist down and I would think a child would scream at some point.

This guy screamed and wasn't found until a worker tossed in a box. Man crushed by garbage truck

Those trucks are so loud and it is difficult to hear anything inside the cab (dh works on them occasionally and you can't hear ANYTHING if the windows are rolled up).

Mom on her way to the landfill....OMG, this is so incredibly sad...

First, I want to say how sad and outraged I am by the murder of Somer. You are right; this has to stop!
I'm not much of a poster, but I would want to get involved in anything WS comes up with to promote proactive strategies. I am retired and have the time. So....If something gets going, please count me in.

I would like to as well. I wish we could put a websleuth event together - conference and go to washington together and help these families losing their child to these monsters. I am an event planner and would love to help.

I don't know how we can make a difference but I am sure we can if we just put our sluething minds together.

This is just so hard, kids being murdered, how can we end this horrible epidemic? If this turns out to be a sex offender in FLorida which by the way has the most registered offenders and is the number one state for child *advertiser censored* distribution. Something needs to be done - there is no way 75 sex offenders whould be allowed to live in a 10 mile radius of each other - that cluster of offenders pose a very high risk to a neighborhood and community - there needs to be better laws in palce to monitor these people, not allowed htem to have driver's lincenses or access to certain areas. Also not let them live in clusters in overwhelming numbers.

MOO
you cant monitor them unless you keep them locked up for life. I think the laws needs to change, you kill a kid like this you die, you dont get a second chance to do it again. You mess with a kid you get life doing hard labor to pay for you keep until you die. I dont think they can be cured, they need to die or be locked up forever.
MOO

This is just so hard, kids being murdered, how can we end this horrible epidemic? If this turns out to be a sex offender in FLorida which by the way has the most registered offenders and is the number one state for child *advertiser censored* distribution. Something needs to be done - there is no way 75 sex offenders whould be allowed to live in a 10 mile radius of each other - that cluster of offenders pose a very high risk to a neighborhood and community - there needs to be better laws in palce to monitor these people, not allowed htem to have driver's lincenses or access to certain areas. Also not let them live in clusters in overwhelming numbers.

It makes me sick. If it was a relative well then we need to address that issue ina whole other way.

Seems to me it would be a good idea to have some sort of sex offender housing which is monitored by LE. However, I also think that many sex offenders are actually young males who had sex with their underage girlfriends and got caught. Now, I'm not saying that is not wrong. I just think that the violent offenders, pedophiles, rapists....should have some permanent housing where they can be monitored, or just sentence them all to life or death. There is ample research which shows that a violent sex offender cannot be rehabilitated. One sex is linked with violence, it has such a deep, primal imprint that it cannot be "therapied" out. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname