Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
ON JVM some are suggesting that, "this is not a crime." WTH??

Gosh. I totally disagree.

I'm just glad LE, and the media, are taking this so seriously. Morgan, thankfully, has gotten a lot of coverage and I pray that helps to bring her home safely.

snipped by me.

Tori, is this the same interview where her parents didn't answer the question as to whether or not Morgan has used her debit or credit card? I just posted a few minutes ago about someone on another message board commenting on the interview and also saying the mother mentioned that when Morgan gets home she has some explaining to do.

Cindy,
It is, and I did see the whole interview. I saw you asked that after I'd already responded. Mike asked her father if there had been any atm activity and something else, and the father said that was part of the investigation and he didn't want to answer. Then Mike was talking about why they thought she'd left the concert and that's when the mom made the "condolences comment". She said three friends came over this afternoon to give condolences and then they had to cut to a commercial. When they came back it was like the mom didn't want to say much more. She talked about the three girls, but was vague.

Originally Posted by kant
Yeah, why is it that when I hear the parents talk about her "not having a boyfirend"....

....IDK what Im trying to say. It's almost like.... IDK. I better shutty. "Nevermind..." [TM Emilty Litella, SNL]
LOL...so long since I've heard that one! Nope, keep on thinking out loud!! It helps us all.
I didn't want to say something that sounds like Im speaking aginst the parents; it's just when they are saying that she has no boyfriend... IDK...it's that I almost get the sense that they are proud that she doesn't have a boyfriend. Well, proud is not the word.

IDK what Im saying.

Anyone?

Good grief the dang reporting is all over the place. It is downright annoying.

And if it's not a crime, what? she threw her purse down? and her phone? come on...

She's left with someone and I'd bet a dollar they know who. This is NOT what it appears.

Originally Posted by kant
Yeah, why is it that when I hear the parents talk about her "not having a boyfirend"....

....IDK what Im trying to say. It's almost like.... IDK. I better shutty. "Nevermind..." [TM Emilty Litella, SNL]

I didn't want to say something that sounds like Im speaking aginst the parents; it's just when they are saying that she has no boyfriend... IDK...it's that I almost get the sense that they are proud that she doesn't have a boyfriend. Well, proud is not the word.

IDK what Im saying.

Anyone?

That is EXACTLY how I feel. Plus, someone said the father had this wonderful relationship with his daughter and that bugged me, too. I'm telling you, something is off here.

Cindy,
It is, and I did see the whole interview. I saw you asked that after I'd already responded. Mike asked her father if there had been any atm activity and something else, and the father said that was part of the investigation and he didn't want to answer. Then Mike was talking about why they thought she'd left the concert and that's when the mom made the "condolences comment". She said three friends came over this afternoon to give condolences and then they had to cut to a commercial. When they came back it was like the mom didn't want to say much more. She talked about the three girls, but was vague.

bbm
The mom has done this several times Ive noticed. She is asked a question and she does respond, but it's with a totally unrelated comment that is seemingly not in repsonse to the question asked. It must be at LE's behest. (?)

Cindy,

Thanks Tori.

It doesn't sound like they skirted the answer but responded truthfully. I could take the parents' response two ways: (1) no, there hasn't been any activity (but why wouldn't they say so?); or (2) there was activity, and LE is checking to see if Morgan or another person is responsible.

As for the "condolences" comment, could it be a common southern phrase used to express concern?

Thanks Tori.

It doesn't sound like they skirted the answer but responded truthfully. I could take the parents' response two ways: (1) no, there hasn't been any activity (but why wouldn't they say so?); or (2) there was activity, and LE is checking to see if Morgan or another person is responsible.

As for the "condolences" comment, could it be a common southern phrase used to express concern?

We live in South Carolina and here, along with other southern places (like Texas, and Tennessee) it's common for people to say "my condolences" as a way to express their sorrow and sadness for the tragedy the family is going through..it doesn't just relate to death. It's used anytime a sad event occurs. This definitely qualifies as that.

Very interesting interview at http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=11369010

Among the comments the interviewee made were the following:

"One U.Va graduate who was the concert tells News 7 he remembers seeing Morgan before the concert in the parking lot...'She pulled up with her party and got out of her parties car and kind of immediately engaged me and my brother and my cousin and my friend who were at the concert'...'She did seem excited to see Metallica because she asked us who the opening act was and when we told her, she said 'Who cares, we're here to see Metallica'

So, she did wait 6 months to see Metallica and not one of the opening bands. With that being the case, why wouldn't she have talked to every security person in sight trying to get back into the arena or at least try to hang around the entrance to hear the band?

Maybe I'm not picking up on something I should, but I don't find her parents' words or actions to be alarming, especially not their closeness with Morgan. I'm 29, and lord knows my parents don't know EVERYTHING I've ever done, but if I were to disappear, they'd be giving the exact same kinds of answers with a pretty dead-on degree of accuracy. Not all young adults are close to their parents, but it's not unheard of for a 20-something to be fairly open with their parents about things like relationships or events they're excited about. My parents aren't overprotective or "creepy," but they do have one of my e-mail passwords (by my choice, as they've checked for messages for me when I've been out of town and needing to check on things). Certainly it's possible that Morgan could have been hiding things from her parents, but I don't think it's an automatic red flag that her parents insist that they knew their daughter very well.

The no-reentry policy doesn't alarm me so much, either - and believe me, if security at this arena is anything like the arenas I've been to for concerts and games over the past couple of years, they don't care if you cry and beg and wail to come back in. Granted, Morgan could have disappeared because she wasn't allowed back in, but generally these policies are to make the events safer, less chance of drugs/alcohol/weapons being brought in.

Very interesting interview at http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=11369010

Among the comments the interviewee made were the following:

"One U.Va graduate who was the concert tells News 7 he remembers seeing Morgan before the concert in the parking lot...'She pulled up with her party and got out of her parties car and kind of immediately engaged me and my brother and my cousin and my friend who were at the concert'...'She did seem excited to see Metallica because she asked us who the opening act was and when we told her, she said 'Who cares, we're here to see Metallica'

So, she did wait 6 months to see Metallica and not one of the opening bands. With that being the case, why wouldn't she have talked to every security person in sight trying to get back into the arena or at least try to hang around the entrance to hear the band?

OK. I'll try a run with that prompt: She's in her own car, but not the DD, so free to indulge. She leaves her friends feeling more sick than they realize. LE doesn't say she's normal at this point, just able to move around and communicate (same can be said of the Hoff rolling around on the floor). She may have had changable plans to either meet up with someone and leave with them later or go back with her friends. She's altered enough and sick enough to need outside air and even though told she can't get back in, goes out anyway. She gets better, tries to get back in, can't, and doesn't have her keys to get more $ for another ticket or to just sit in the car. She calls her friends who for some reason don't help out. She then starts making calls that LE won't talk about. She either finds her hookup and leaves or meets more insidious characters and is taken. The friends may or may not have heard her say she had a ride, since this may be a prearranged story (if I don't call back, say I found a ride as an excuse for you to drive my car back without me; I'll be with X who is from JMU and he'll take me back).

So she's either too embarassed to come back from her rendezvous with X or has met with unsavory people and her condition is unknown.

The codes in the parents' message are interesting; I'll work on them.

C6

I tried to look at the maps posted here and I saw the arena area layouts (thanks for those BTW) but I cant figure out where the purse was found in relation to the arena;

Also do we know which lot they parked in?

What side it the main entrance on?

Is there more that one entrance? And is it (or are they) "entrance" only? (like with those one-way turnstiles?)

Where are the exits?

And is there a performer-only entrance?

I wonder if they've looked into the staff of Metallica, the roadies etc And also does the arena employ local folks to act as security or do they have "real" cops? And if so, do they stay the whole time or just thru the pre-show seating of the throngs? Does Metallica (or even the warmup bands) have their own security, like bodyguards? (I have no idea - just asking.)

Could a roadie or security person or even a vendor or some such person have lured her with a promise of a backstage meet and greet? Could someone have posed as a roadie or security and promised her a backstage pass? "Follow me.. to the back.." or something?

Im still stumped as to why she left the arena in the first place; and could it be something as simple as wandering out the wrong door?

But wouldnt the friend on the phone ASKED why she went outside? (I would)

Did they text or actually talk?

http://www.virginia.edu/webmap/FUHallAndAthletic.html

On the map I posted the link to ... the Alderman Rd bridge crosses the railroad tracks on Copeley Rd. It's called Alderman because Alderman Rd begins on the other side of Ivy Rd ...

Convoluted ... Copeley turns into Alderman road after crossing Ivy so many locals and students call the bridge over the tracks Alderman Rd bridge ...

I really hope that she didn't ask a guy that she met at the concert (over 21) to buy her a beer. The guy could have drugged her without her even knowing. That would account for her feeling sick and needing to go outside to get some air. The guy could have just followed her out and then pretended to play the "good guy" all concerned about her feeling ill. It is a scary thought that she may have thought this person was going to help her.

Thought about the same thing with her getting ill so fast. But GHB wouldn't have let her recover fast enough to be coherent and trying to re-enter. Also she had people with her probably old enough to buy for her. So now I'm thinking more a light drinker who overindulged and panicked.

C6

Hundreds of Morgan Harrington's friends, family and supporters met Thursday night at Northside High School's Viking Stadium to pray for the missing Virginia Tech student's safe return.

Harrington's mother, Gil Harrington, explained to the crowd that her daughter used a message special to their family when she said goodbye to them. She'd used it Saturday afternoon before Morgan, who had been a student at Northside during her high school years, disappeared during a Metallica concert in Charlottesville.

The message -- "I love you too much ... forever ... and once more" -- was symbolized on purple T-shirts that close friends and family members wore to Thursday night's vigil.

Gil Harrington explained. Two dots mean: "I love you too much." Four dots mean: "Forever." One dot means: "And once more."

During an unfathomable moment in their lives, Gil Harrington said, she and her family have been blessed with love from her daughter's nine best friends.

"I mean it from the bottom of my heart," Harrington said to the nine as they sat before the crowd of at least 250 that had gathered. "I love you too much, forever and once more."

http://www.roanoke.com/news/breaking/wb/223458

Don't know if any you saw this on the Facebook for Morgan.

Cameron wrote: According to my brother when she was at Northside in 9th or 10th grade she did do drugs.

I think her parents love her very much but are kind of out of touch with reality. It must be hard for Morgan to live up to the perfect child image. She sounds like a wonderful person.

I believe the purse was found in the small parking lot adjacent to the baseball stadium which is next to the railroad tracks and very close to the "Alderman Rd Bridge"

The local weekly paper has a picture from the parking lot posted ... readthehook.com which shows "RV parking" - that lot is the lot next to the baseball field, i.e., "athletic field" ....

I have not seen anything specifying which lot the girls parked in ... Almost all the lots are pay lots ....

It makes no sense to me that Morgan would drive her car to Charlottesville if she planned to meet someone... I still think HER car was at JMU ...

Don't know if any you saw this on the Facebook for Morgan.

Cameron wrote: According to my brother when she was at Northside in 9th or 10th grade she did do drugs.

I think her parents love her very much but are kind of out of touch with reality. It must be hard for Morgan to live up to the perfect child image. She sounds like a wonderful person.

Personally that comment doesn't hold much merit in my opinion. Who is to say that person/people even know/s her? Maybe she did.. but saying that on someones "missing persons page", come on now. I don't see how that is helpful.

UPDATED: Police follow up on leads; $100,000 reward in missing VT student case
Published: October 22, 2009
Updated: October 22, 2009 6:10 p.m.
<snipped>
We also have a better picture of the timeline that lead up to Morgan Harrington&#8217;s disappearance.

Investigators say Harrington&#8217;s trip to UVA&#8217;s John Paul Jones Arena this past Saturday began with her and her friends driving to Harrisonburg, where they picked up more friends.

The group then drove Morgan&#8217;s car to the arena in Charlottesville for the Metallica concert.

Video: Police follow up on leads; $100,000 reward in missing VT student case 2:37
http://www2.wsls.com/sls/video/detail/5abc60f4-10b5-102d-bc4d-001ec92a4a0d/56819/

Article:
http://www2.wsls.com/sls/news/state...up_on_leads_in_missing_vt_student_case/56682/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Friends, family gather to pray for Morgan Harrington's safe return
Thursday, October 22, 2009
<snipped>
Harrington's mother, Gil Harrington, explained to the crowd that her daughter used a message special to their family when she said goodbye to them. She'd used it Saturday afternoon before Morgan, who had been a student at Northside during her high school years, disappeared during a Metallica concert in Charlottesville.

The message -- "I love you too much ... forever ... and once more" -- was symbolized on purple T-shirts that close friends and family members wore to Thursday night's vigil.

Gil Harrington explained. Two dots mean: "I love you too much." Four dots mean: "Forever." One dot means: "And once more."

Article:
http://www.roanoke.com/news/breaking/wb/223458
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
News7 talked with concert-goer who talked to Morgan Harrington before she disappeared
October 22, 2009
<snipped>
One U.Va graduate who was the concert tells News 7 he remembers seeing Morgan before the concert in the parking lot.

"It was definitely her, I'm 100 percent certain of that," says Dave Gardner.

Gardner is a 2005 U.Va grad who now works in New Jersey and came back to Charlottesville to see Metallica.

"She pulled up with her party and got out of her parties car and kind of immediately engaged me and my brother and my cousin and my friend who were at the concert," says Gardner.

Video: UVA graduate remembers seeing Harrington before Metallica concert (10/22)
1:57

http://www.wdbj7.com/global/Categor...ult&clipId=4235867&flvUri=&thirdpartymrssurl=

Video: Vigil To Be Held At Nothside High School 1:21
http://www.wdbj7.com/global/Categor...ult&clipId=4235847&flvUri=&thirdpartymrssurl=

Article:
http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=11369010

:angel:

Wow, a $100,000 reward? That is GREAT news. Major thanks to anyone who contributed to putting up that reward. I pray that brings Morgan home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simwolves