Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this earlier. Morgan reached out to a guy it seemed like she didn't know on Myspace to try and meet him. She said that's something she didn't normally do and I have no idea if he responded but I thinks it's interesting.

Here is the link:
http://www.myspace.com/mutedsilence

Another thing that's interesting is that he didn't have her in his top friends yesterday but now he does.

Good catch, Chili Fries.

Did I read that correctly that it said "Status > married?"

Anyone want to make a screen shot of that... just for the heck of it in case it changes? or disappears?

This whole thing just smells to high heaven. Her friends, the family dynamics (their pastor living with them???), being "so excited" about the concert and leaving early...and all the confusion with her car. With an older brother who graduated from UVa, you would think she would not only know some of his friends but also some of her high school friends who went there. Surely all of her former friends didn't just go to Va. Tech or JMU??? Someone knows something....they're just not talking. Her mother's comments earlier on CNN re Morgan's friends just being at her house, in her living room on the sofa...just to be there with them to breathe the "same air"...her mother obviously trusts her friends and is not suspicious of them. Who knows...in that situation, I would probably feel the same way...wanting to believe her friends...hoping against all hope that she comes home safely.

I really hope that she didn't ask a guy that she met at the concert (over 21) to buy her a beer. The guy could have drugged her without her even knowing. That would account for her feeling sick and needing to go outside to get some air. The guy could have just followed her out and then pretended to play the "good guy" all concerned about her feeling ill. It is a scary thought that she may have thought this person was going to help her.
I find the astrology thread interesting; and FWIW that sort of gels with the astro theory.

jus sayin

Did anyone see this evening's HLN interview with Morgan's parents? I am looking at other message boards and found a statement that they were asked if her debit or credit cards have been used. Apparently they didn't answer the question. Furthermore, the poster indicated her mother stated that when Morgan gets home she has some explaining to do do. Huh?

Does anyone recall if it has been reported that her wallet was in the purse or just that the purse and cell phone were found? Given my previous post about her parents not answering the question about if her debit/credit card was used has me wondering if her wallet is missing.

From something I found on a people search web-site - the Mother of Morgan (Gil) is also an ordained minister... So that may be the reason for the other minister living in the household as well

As a member of the 18-30, twentysomething crew, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and throw some of my generation under the proverbial bus. MANY-not all!- kids born in the late 70s/80s have had overly involved parents who raised to be believe we "special" and "unique" etc. I really feel that, even among my friends, there is a sense of entitlement and selfishness that astounds me within my peer group. Kids demanding cars at 16....Friends who started working their first job at 23!...Volunteerism a non-existent idea...all about them attitude. Not everyone in my peer group is like this, thank goodness, but having gone to a large Southern university and coming from an upper middle class background, I can certainly understand and see where some of the stereotypes for these diasffected youth could come from.

Instead of worrying about friends safety, these girls were worried about getting home "on time", not getting caught drinking/doing drugs whatever. Putting their personal concerns over their friends to avoid trouble whatever...even though I bet these girls knew something fishy was going on as they waited for significant time by the vehicle at the arena.
Just some thoughts!

West, Thank you for writing about this phenomenon from your age point-of-view. At my advanced age, I have observed that the "self-esteem" generation is largely self-involved. Parents were brainwashed that, in order to give their child(ren) self-esteem, they must overly praise everything, even failure. And yes, many of these children have grown up to feel "special" and "unique" and must preserve their "perfection" at all costs, even if it means ignoring what should have been a danger signal. Where is Morgan? That is, unless they already knew where she was.

This post was diplomatically and thoughtfully said. I've been so hesitant to say this b/c I couldn't seem to manage to word it delicately enough to suit me without feeling like Im sounding disparaging or like Im "blaming" her which I would never do.

Snipped by me...

Hey Kant!

I totally agree with both of you. I watched her parents on HSN (or is that the old name?) and there was something very, very strange going on. They know a lot more than we know and understandably so. It was the strangest interview I've seen in a long time and I kept shaking my head saying "something is wrong about all this." I, too, think she was meeting someone and the mom said "no, she wasn't seeing anyone...never had any lasting relationships..." Heck no; how could she?

There is definitely more to this than meets the eye. It's very sad.

Just thinking out loud here...

If Morgan felt sick (ws astrology thread),
went outside, still feeling woozy,
found out she could not get back in,
sees a 'friend', maybe of her brother's
or someone she knows casually
and she leaves with them.
And
either something bad happened
or
she did not call parents or friends
and now with all the
missing person attention,
is afraid to make that step
and let people know she is all right.

At least I hope so.

I wonder if the mother is in shock and denial. She may be trying so hard not to completely fall apart in public; Some folks, when they lose it -- they really lose it, and they're inconsolable and therefore unable to even communicate like for TV appearances in order to keep Morgan's name in the news etc *sigh*

moo

Good catch Chili! How did you manage to trace Morgan to this guy, and from his photo, he looks like he's enjoyed a few heavy metal bands (although looks can be deceiving).

You can search specific sites on Google by using the site: command. So for Morgan I used...site:myspace.com "morgan harrington" virginia. That gave my all the public places referencing her on Myspace - her page, comments she had left and friends she had. There aren't too many of them since most people, especially women, keep their pages private nowadays.

Hey Kant!

I totally agree with both of you. I watched her parents on HSN (or is that the old name?) and there was something very, very strange going on. They know a lot more than we know and understandably so. It was the strangest interview I've seen in a long time and I kept shaking my head saying "something is wrong about all this." I, too, think she was meeting someone and the mom said "no, she wasn't seeing anyone...never had any lasting relationships..." Heck no; how could she?

Yeah, why is it that when I hear the parents talk about her "not having a boyfirend"....

....IDK what Im trying to say. It's almost like.... IDK

I better shutty.

"Nevermind..." [TM Emilty Litella, SNL]

I watched her parents on HSN (or is that the old name?) and there was something very, very strange going on. They know a lot more than we know and understandably so. It was the strangest interview I've seen in a long time and I kept shaking my head saying "something is wrong about all this." I, too, think she was meeting someone and the mom said "no, she wasn't seeing anyone...never had any lasting relationships..." Heck no; how could she?

snipped by me.

Tori, is this the same interview where her parents didn't answer the question as to whether or not Morgan has used her debit or credit card? I just posted a few minutes ago about someone on another message board commenting on the interview and also saying the mother mentioned that when Morgan gets home she has some explaining to do.

If she is somewhere and thinks she cant come forward now b/c she feels bad about all the media attn and worry etc, she could get around that. She could wander into a hospital or church and claim, "Can you help me? I dont know my name. Im confused.... what happened..." etc (I mean if she felt like calling her parents is totally out of the question for whatever reason.)

Did anyone see this evening's HLN interview with Morgan's parents? I am looking at other message boards and found a statement that they were asked if her debit or credit cards have been used. Apparently they didn't answer the question. Furthermore, the poster indicated her mother stated that when Morgan gets home she has some explaining to do do. Huh?

Cindy,

Her mom also said that the friends stopped by to give their condolences!

Condolences? Really? Who says that except at a funeral?? I was waiting for Pat what's her name - the profiler - to jump all over that.

Yeah, why is it that when I hear the parents talk about her "not having a boyfirend"....

....IDK what Im trying to say. It's almost like.... IDK

I better shutty.

"Nevermind..." [TM Emilty Litella, SNL]

LOL...so long since I've heard that one! Nope, keep on thinking out loud!! It helps us all.

Good grief the dang reporting is all over the place. It is downright annoying.

And if it's not a crime, what? she threw her purse down? and her phone? come on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvfire1018